Fiero GTS by Bridgetown
Started on: 07-13-2008 02:58 AM
Replies: 352 (36319 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 05-10-2017 01:23 AM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Messing with photoshop
Took this pic

Added Jimmys Rear 355 bumper
JimmyS tapered ground effects (purchased)
Whodeanie wide hips
Smoked hella led taillights (purchased)
Increased rear wheel to 18"
What do you think?
IP: Logged
RMOR235

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RMOR235Send a Private Message to RMOR235Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you get the chin spoiler from? any links
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the tapered ground effects tying in with the front bumper cover. Other than that, it is perfect the way it is to me. Can you post a picture of the front
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

[QUOTE]

These are from before I installed the chin spoiler. There are some of the chin installed on the previous page.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RMOR235:

where did you get the chin spoiler from? any links

PM user Amida (Rob), he can hook you up.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Got some candy in the mail today. Fills up a 17" wheel pretty full. Hopefully my hardware comes soon so I can get started on the install.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Details please.

Vendor, size, etc.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Baer Eradispeed 2-peice Corvette C4 12"
RMOR235

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RMOR235Send a Private Message to RMOR235Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks i will

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

PM user Amida (Rob), he can hook you up.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got my headlight connectors in the mail and put together the harnesses to power the new headlights. Now I just need to get it out and adjust them.

Low

High
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man i love your car !

What's next ?
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out with the old (OBD1 '7730 harness)

In with the new (New OBDII harness)

Also Adding 65mm Throttle body and 3500 upper intake. This summer most of the mods planned are on the mechanical side.
Brakes, Motor mounts, headers, wideband O2 setup, fuel pump, braided fuel lines, etc...
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lights look really good.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates?

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

I know these lines Look crooked on paper, but I swear I've got them straight in my head.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes there is, after a bit of a break from the car because of work. I finally got around to finishing the install of the OBDII harness and new computer with Sinister's tune. There were some issues that resulted in me getting a lot of knock retard at wot. Ryan and I diagnosed that it was "false knock" coming from a bad leak from the new headers. I tried to correct the problem but ended up with a sheared off stud instead. Pulled the head, had it drilled out. Then back in the car only to notice the other head gasket weaping coolant. Off with the other head, and now the engine has two new head gaskets, and is back together. The car is now running beutifully, although engine bay temps are up due to the new headers not having exhaust wrap yet. Just got back from a weekend road trip and had a blast with the car. The New 65mm throttle body, 3500 upper intake and full headers deffinately make a noticeable difference. I will get pics of the new setup this weekend. And hopefully get the car on the dyno the following weekend to see the results of the last round of mods. I will have to get those 12" rotors on quick, the throttle is getting a bit addictive on this car!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New look of the engine bay.
New OBDII harness and ecu
LX5 65mm Throttlebody w/ WOT-Tech Adapter
3500 upper intake
Modified FOCOA headers
Re-routed exhaust
Re-plumbed coolant expansion tank to passenfger side
New plug wires

The new headers are in desperate need of some heat wrap
I also managed to take a good chunk out of the new splitter on the road trip last weekend.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Double post

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 09-08-2012).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics from the road trip

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love your car man. Nice and clean.

Austin
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man. Yours is not too shabby either. I really like the mirrors you got. An upgrade there is needed for mine.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2012 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
double post

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 03-26-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had some time to work on the car. Added braided fuel lines and a braided vaccuum line for the brake booster. Then pulled the headers and crossover pipe and added some exhaust wrap. Also, re-routed some of the wiring for a cleaner look. Next up is my brake upgrade. Just waiting for my modified hubs from Fieroguru. Then after that I have a very big upgrade to the engine planned, but I won't let the cat out of the bag on that yet...

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oooh!

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In preperation for some engine upgrades, I finally got around to installing my new brake setup.

I went with the 12" Corvette C4 rotors all around. I purchased the Baer Eradispeed 2-piece units.
I decided, since I already had '88 calipers/rotors in the back from my '88 rear suspension swap, to keep things simple and go with '88 calipers on the front.
I purchased the C4 brackets and rings for an '88 for the rear, and BMWGURU's brackets and rings to mount '88 calipers on the '86 front. I also installed FIEROGURU's machined front hubs and new wheel bearings. Then I plumbed them all with braided lines from the FieroStore
This way I end up with all four rotors and calipers the same.

Here is the stock units behind the wheels.

Heres a side by side comparison

Used one of the junk front rotors as a guide to re-drill the 5x100 bolt pattern. I was pretty nervous about ruining the new (expensive) 2-piece rotors.
But it was actually pretty easy.

They turned out looking like this.

All mounted up

Final look

I didn't get that much driving in, but my initial impression is good. I will need to get some more high-speed brakeing in to really see how much improvment they have made.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 07-16-2013).]

Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, I just went through your entire thread. Gave me lots of ideas. Thanks.
BULL
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... a very hard to come by part popped up for sale online the other day, and needless to say, my engine build just changed into a whole new direction.
I'll let the pictures do the talking.

This is going to be fun!
BTW anyone in the market for a Rotex supercharger? I'll be putting mine up for sale.
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see you bought a little present from superdave eh?

------------------
we're in desperate need of a little more religion to nurse your god-like point of view...

Built not bought... Because bolt-ons don't.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/119122.html

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, this just got interesting..................

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

Whoa, this just got interesting..................

Haha, and a lot more complicated!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added a 16" high performance puller fan and a new fan shroud. The new fan moves way more air and is super quiet compared to the stock setup.
It went from this:

to this:
PFF
System Bot
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I skipped a couple pages, but the build looks awesome It even started looking identical to mine
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 03-25-2014).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added a set of LED side marker lights.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is a GTS? How does it differ from a GTR...or a GT?

I saw a black GTR for sale in Illinois a while back, but it was sold before I could get a reply from the owner.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTS is just a name I made up for the project.
GT in most automotive circles comes from the italian term Gran Turisimo, which translates to grand touring, which were powerful comfortable luxury sports cars. The S comes from the Italian word superleggera, which translates to super-light. GTS cars were often lightened higher performance variants of a GT car. So this build is my translation of what a Gran Turisimo Suoerleggera Fiero would be. Fiero is Italian for proud too btw. So this is my Proud grand touring super-light car, haha.
Also, I don't believe there is such a thing as a Fiero GTR either.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pontiac never made a GTS or GTR version but I'd have to give this Fiero from Carlisle the title of GTR

3800 turbo charged, heavily modified water & air intercooled. owner estimated 550-650HP Just got the car running and hasn't dyno'd it yet.

How's your 3x00 hybrid swap going Adam? (Why does it feel like I'm talking to myself? ) Just went through the entire thread to refresh my memory. One of these days I'll switch over to OBD2 as well. For now I'm running the 65mm T/B & Wot-Tech adapter on the stock 3400 plenum, opened up the intake and exhaust ports, added a JBP regrind camshaft. Before mods I was 175hp at the wheels and my best time was 14.217 @156KPH so we both should easily be in the 13's with our current set-ups. Haven't been back to the track in a couple of years now. The 3400 looks just right in the Fiero, I've had so many people think the motor was stock in my car. Got a line on another 3400 & 3500 low mileage engines for my next project. Thinking turbo also, getting used to the power of my current swap, need more for the next one.
------------------

G.T. Fieros

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 07-05-2014).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm building a new engine for my car on the side right now. I've been collecting parts for a while. Here's the spec list so far:
3400 LNJ block
3500 heads/ upper intake
65mm tb
Headers
2.5" race exhaust (no muffler)
10:1 forged pistons
Custom WOT tech cam
Rotrex c30-94 supercharger
Trailblazer injectors

Still need to figure out what I want to do for cooling the charged air.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, how much boost you planning on using with 10:1 compression? My understanding is the more boost your want, the lower your compression should be.

Curious about the trail blazer injectors, what size are they & guessing they are multi-tech II also? Friend built a 3.4L block from a Camaro, found a guy in the states who can rebuild injectors to the size you need for less then the cost of new injectors. He up sized his from 15-17lbs. Think it's the same guy FieroSound used with his engine build. Just have to find a weekend now to install his motor.

I was thinking of going with a Vortec S/C to for the main reason that if something happened to it, I can re-route the belt to bypass the S/C and run N/A till I fix it. Carry a spare belt for just in case emergency, but more I think and listen to friends advice, may just go turbo and automatic for my next build. Wife could drive the car then, just need to put an actuator on the blow off valve so it stays open when she drives the car. (for safety reasons )
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pistons are 10:1 with stock 3400 heads, but since I'm running 3500 heads with larger combustion chamber volume, the compression will be close to stock, which is 9.6:1
I will only be running around 8-10 psi of boost, so the compression shouldn't be a problem.
The trailblazer injectors are a direct swap on a 3400 fuel rail and are 28# @ 55psi
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock