Fiero GTS by Bridgetown
Started on: 07-13-2008 02:58 AM
Replies: 352 (36318 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 05-10-2017 01:23 AM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to and some sport to this little sports car. Here's what I got so far.
Car:
'86 GT 4 speed
120,000 KMS

Plan:
3400SFI swap (185 HP stock, about 40 lbs lighter then the old 2.8L boat anchor)
'88 cradle and rear suspension
Rear coilovers
5 speed conversion
Lowered 1.5 - 2.0 inches
Possibly add the HT Motorsports Slalom front kit
Adding as many lightweight components as possible along the way.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the first few peices of the puzzle. Big thanks to TigerII. Saved me alot of time/money.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
The courtship process commences!

A little grinding required

Finished.

Front mount installed.

A successfull copulation

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 01-10-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Keep it coming!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on the car some more today.
I guess I should include a pic of what this mess is supposed to end up in.

Pulled the old pulley system off to make way for the new low-mount alternator setup that TigerII sold me.

Also pulled the exhaust manifold, which will be replaced with 3500 manifold for better flow and better exhaust routing options. GAve this side of the engine a quick clean at the same time.

The great thing about using the lowmount alternator is it enables me to mout the dog bone bracket in the stock location, and avoid haveing to notch the decklid to clear the alternator.

Pretty much done. Still have to do some minor grinding/notching of various bracketry to make it all work. Should be good though. I like the fancy shmancy billet pulley.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 01-10-2009).]

LZeppelin513

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeppelin513Send a Private Message to LZeppelin513Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by LZeppelin513 (edited 08-24-2011).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I beleive that the bracket is off of an early model 3100 or 3.1L, but I can't verify for sure. It did require some grinding to work but everythinng looks like it will line up good.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Been pretty busy over the summer/fall so I haven't worked on my project much. However, I have aquired some goodies for the future. Here is one auto-related accomplishment I made this summer. Drove some Indy cars in Vegas with my Dad and Brother. Pretty sweet Aniversary present from my wife!

I drove the Richard Petty NASCAR's at Vegas speedway in 2007. Not knowing any better if you were to ask me if I would like the Indy cars or the NASCAR's better, I would have said Indy. Surprisingly I actually enjoyed the NASCAR's more. Don't get me wrong the Indy's are fun as heck, but I just liked the way the old bricks felt. Although I did go faster in the Indy, 154MPH, Doesn't really sound that fast but it is going around a banked corner. The G-force was awsome!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Got my coilovers from FieroAddiction. I also got the '88 cradle adapters so the setup will bolt into my '86. I went with a little stiffer spring then stock, and Koni adjustable dampers.

Also got my Spintech muffler.

I'm planning on routing the exhaust like this.

I think I will have enough room to come through the frame bend on the right and then up to where the manifolds join. I decided to wait on the headers for now and just port the stock manifolds. I can upgrade later to headers.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I have also been lucky enough to get my hands on a set of these.

I have cut the openings and I still have to test fit before paint.
This is what they look like intalled and painted.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
And lastly, but certainley not least.

Amida's Fi355 front. I am really getting stoked about this summer.
This is the car that has inspired me to go for the look.

I am haveing trouble finding wheels like this though.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The setup looks real good. I'm glad you finally got the new nose. How about these TSWs, 17",18"x8" 35mm offset ?

MB Boost 18x7.5 38mm

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-11-2009).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I have also been lucky enough to get my hands on a set of these.

I have cut the openings and I still have to test fit before paint.
This is what they look like intalled and painted.

Actually it isn't what they look like installed. The bottom ones are my Stage 2s. The top ones aren't.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bridgetown, excellent thread. Good luck with it all. I have those TSW's on my car, and get quite a few compliments. My only regret is that I did not put 18's and coil overs on the rear. I have about 1400 miles on a engine and suspension rebuild, and am not going to change out the rear setup just yet. But when I finally do scratch one rim, I will go with the 18's and coilovers just like yours. With Eibach springs, and KYB struts, there wasn't enough room to install a taller/wider rim and tire combo. Your setup will allow the larger setup of rubber. I have "gap" as someone in an earlier post put it.

P.S. Thanks Amida, for making my morning.

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
when I finally do scratch one rim, I will go with the 18's and coilovers just like yours.

Go 18's all around. I'm not sure about 19's though, tires will have to be no more than 35 series.
Voila....white out! Not sure how to blacken the sail panel, but it needs it.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Actually it isn't what they look like installed. The bottom ones are my Stage 2s. The top ones aren't.

Aus, your right those ones are yours. I was just giving people an idea of the "theme"
My scoops are from Jimmy S.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the nose you got off Amida. They would have to be the best looking 355 nose on the market today.
JPW

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPWSend a Private Message to JPWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got my coilovers from FieroAddiction. I also got the '88 cradle adapters so the setup will bolt into my '86. I went with a little stiffer spring then stock, and Koni adjustable dampers.

What are the adapters you mentioned that allow you bolt up an 88 cradle to an 86?
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bridgetown, you have a PM.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2009 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPW:

What are the adapters you mentioned that allow you bolt up an 88 cradle to an 86?

These are attached to the top of the adjustable strut assemblies. They move the top of the strut in-board and forward (I think) to position them according to the '88 suspension specs. They do require you to drill a new hole in the strut tower so the top of the strut can protrude trough the tower. You can buy them from Fieroaddiction.com or HT Motorsports. Or you could make your own, they are pretty simple, but this would require haveing an '88 car to measure off of. I didn't have a car to take measurements off, so I baught them with my coilovers at the same time.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 01-12-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Changed qtr glass, corner to black to add definition & elongation the side profile.

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking about what I would like to do with the tail lights on my car.I know I want to go with four round Ferrari/Corvette tail lights and paint the rear panel a satin black like on Ferraris. I don't want to do the 80-82 vette lights because I think they look a little dated now.

I haven't been able to find a set of generic round "Truck" lights either. I want something modern and unique. This is what I have come up with. I have two different routes I can go with the lights. The first is this.

These are on the Saleen S7 and on the Diablo. I like these alot but they are slightly bigger (5") then the pockets in any currently available tail light panel (4"). Namely the KAHINES and the PISA.

There was a euro co. makeing one that fits these lights but I think they are no longer available.

The other lights I really like are these

They are on the Weismann GT (wicked car)
I can get them online. They are a 2 peice light there is a center lamp and an outer LED ring. The outside measurement would fit just right in a 4" pocket.

I would go with a smoked center turn indicator to match my smoked front turn indicators.

And a red LED outer ring for the stop/tail.

Let me know what you guys think.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 01-20-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
While I was looking for tail lights I came across these headlight modules from Hella

They are very similar to the 90mm units that are being used for the low profile dual headlight kit from Fiero1fan. However they are only 60mm. They come in a high beam and lo beam application. I am considering buying a set and fabing my own brackets. The look would be similar to this.

But the lights would be a little over an inch smaller and therefore the headlight doors would rise an inch less.
Any thaughts?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I also have found a wheel I like. It's a Team Dynamics wheel Pro race 1.2

I think these would look sweet with the rest of the car whited out kinda like this.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
This is a photoshop I did a while back to get an idea of what the whit/black theme will look like

Still not sure about if I'll do the stripe or not.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While I was looking for tail lights I came across these headlight modules from Hella

They are very similar to the 90mm units that are being used for the low profile dual headlight kit from Fiero1fan. However they are only 60mm. They come in a high beam and lo beam application. I am considering buying a set and fabing my own brackets. The look would be similar to this.

But the lights would be a little over an inch smaller and therefore the headlight doors would rise an inch less.
Any thaughts?

Thoughts: How much?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they are like 50-60 bucks each.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
The other thing I would like to add to make the rear a little more pronounced is a lip spoiler. There is one on the market from Sage but it is a bit too Camero-ish for my taste. You can see it on the red car above. Instead I would like to go with something more like this.

A little more subtle, but just enough.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridge, I really like the direction you are going with your car, nice build thread!

one set of your wheels reminded me of what I am rolling for now... I like them pretty well, except for the universal bolt pattern bit. I'll do something a little more 'Pontiac' for the centers... someday...

----
<--- Did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 01-20-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Got any pics of your whole car?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Another car with a similar theme.

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opinions needed. Which combonation does everyone like best?

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any thaughts?

It's been a little while since I looked but I believe what you found are driving lights, and not legal to use as headlights. They would probably be pretty poor as headlights too....

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 01-21-2009).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

It's been a little while since I looked but I believe what you found are driving lights, and not legal to use as headlights. They would probably be pretty poor as headlights too....

HL57000 60mm SAE Projector Low Beam Headlamp Module. Uses 9005 Bulb, included.
$49.83

There's a matching high beam, too.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-21-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

White mirrors, wider/diverging black stripes, angled door mouldings, black ground ground fx, smoke rims, smoke tinted windows.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

White mirrors, wider/diverging black stripes, angled door mouldings, black ground ground fx, smoke rims, smoke tinted windows.

What do you mean by "Angled door mouldings"?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Like this?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any thaughts?

Kewl, any chance they have a DOT/ECE approved Xenon/HID module. (I've heard the 90mm Hella Xenon module won't fit Fiero1Fan's buckets. :cry: )

MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Xenon modules can be installed in Fiero1Fan's buckets without any problems. They fit just like the H7 ones.

Here's a pic of my car with the Hella HID:

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrBoernie:

Xenon modules can be installed in Fiero1Fan's buckets without any problems. They fit just like the H7 ones.

Here's a pic of my car with the Hella HID:

Is this new info? The last thing I read on the thread was that the HID module was too deep for the buckets.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock