Fiero GTS by Bridgetown
Started on: 07-13-2008 02:58 AM
Replies: 352 (36318 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 05-10-2017 01:23 AM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my car on the rollers today. 177.5hp/206.7ft,lbs. @ the wheels

When corrected to standard elevation and humidity 204.5 hp/238.1 ft.lbs.@ the wheels
That likely puts the crank horsepower well over 200. This is better then I had thought. The factory hp is rated at 180 at the flywheel.
I have video too and the printouts but youtube is down. I'll post more tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 09-15-2009).]

IP: Logged
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you taken her to the strip yet?
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice... glad you got the bugs worked out! *looks at 3400 sitting on garage floor...*
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Have you taken her to the strip yet?

Not yet. According to the dyno program estimate based on my runs and the vehicle weight the 1/4 mile time at our local track would be 14.05. I could potentially crack into the 13's at a lower elevation.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Not yet. According to the dyno program estimate based on my runs and the vehicle weight the 1/4 mile time at our local track would be 14.05. I could potentially crack into the 13's at a lower elevation.

Much better than the 2.8, but why did you decide to do the 3.4 instead of the 3800sc?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Much better than the 2.8, but why did you decide to do the 3.4 instead of the 3800sc?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 09-16-2009).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I debated it for a long time but decided on the 3400 because of a few reasons.
- Handling is the #1 priority for this build.
- I wanted to keep the curb weight as low as possible
- The 3400 swap is cheaper
- I really didn't want to run an auto, and with the way I drive... 3800sc + 20 year old getrag + my lead foot = crunchy metal sounds.
- There is little to no custom work or welding needed to put in the 3400. ( I didn't have all that many tools when I started the build)
- I got a pretty good deal on the 3400 engine
And the list goes on. I am already craving more power though. If I do get really itchy for power I'll probably go with a boosted ecotec, because they are even lighter and have a ton of aftermarket now. But that is a ways down the road
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add a turbo to the 3.4, that should do wonders.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have pondered it. I would need to do alot of research first. Anyone out there bossted a 3400?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wrong forum... check 60DegreeV6... you know that they have boosted Gen IIIs over there...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 09-16-2009).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have pondered it. I would need to do alot of research first. Anyone out there bossted a 3400?

You should talk to Ken Orr at the Calgary Fiero Owner's Group. He has a turbo 3400 and he's quite happy with it. I'm not sure that he's on Pennock's but I know he does browse though it from time to time. You may want to talk to fierosound on the forum here as he may be able to give you Ken's contact information.

Nice car by the way!

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 09-16-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Wrong forum... check 60DegreeV6... you know that they have boosted Gen IIIs over there...

and 300+ WHP NA 3400's.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

and 300+ WHP NA 3400's.

Well that too....
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another pic from the dyno run

Also, finally got around to mounting my new, lighter battery up front where it should've been in the first place.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Playing with Pshop.
Added tint, taillights.front spoiler, angled rockers, and altered the rear bumper.

I am considering geting a fiberglass rear bumper and modifying it to look like the above, thoughts?
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for moving your battery up front, did you remove the steering dampener? that looks like the norms kit too.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that is Norm's kit. Mine just barely clears my dampener. However, I will probably remove it to see how it affects the steering feel. Still need to get to my target weight of 2500 lbs
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Playing with Pshop.
Added tint, taillights.front spoiler, angled rockers, and altered the rear bumper.

I am considering geting a fiberglass rear bumper and modifying it to look like the above, thoughts?

Nice. Gotta do the sloped trim. The rear bumper is mostly the same, maybe just add a lower section instead of replacing the entire unit. A carbon fiber taillight panel would work.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to "add on" the lower section and smooth out the reflector pockets. My thought though was that I could get one of fierfiberglass.com's replacement fiberglass rear bumpers and work off of it. Reason being is that it is already fiberglass and would be easier to graft on the lower section. Rather then dealing with trying to join two dissimilar materials using the stock plastic/rubber/smc, or whatever the hell it's made out of. Also, this way, I can work on the new bumper without having to take the old one off. When the new one is done I'll just swap them. Your thoughts Rob, on this plan, good, stupid, let me know?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll work as well. I was thinking , since it's not a drastic design change & to keep it simple, do a form fitting lower attachment and flush mount the reflectors. That way you can keep the flexibility of the stock bumper. Maybe trim off any excess/ hidden part of the old bumper to save weight.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity Rob, would you bother making a mold to build a lower attachment peice? Or would you graft it on all at once without a mold?
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carving one out of foam & then fiberglassing it would work fine.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adam, Your chin spoiler is now curing in the oven & will be ready shortly.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this new info? The last thing I read on the thread was that the HID module was too deep for the buckets.

+1 MrBoernie, please tell us more. The main reason I haven't bought FIero1Fan's headlamps is because Xenon/HID's supposedly don't fit.
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember me???!!!

So, this is a slightly older picture from about a month ago or so, and I still haven't gotten the trim fully back on yet. (Needing time and temperature to paint!)

Oddly enough, when its dark out it looks BRIGHT white. You can't even tell that its blue. I had to try to really work to get shots in white.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks cool
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it looked a little blue...sort of a pale baby blue.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Playing with Pshop.

Nice PS that is what the rear bumper should look like!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it has been quite some time since my last update. I parked the car at the end of the summer and concentrated my efforts on finding (and making money to buy) some of the parts I need. Here is what I have collected so far.
Chin spoiler and angled body cladding

C6 exhaust tips

Driving lights to fit f355 front

65mm throttlebody with adapter plate

Equinox upper intake (better volume and flow)

Higher pressure fuel injectors

memcal adapter with custom tuned chip

I am really getting excited to start wrenching on the car again.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 02-07-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you make your rear diffuser? Some guys were asking me about one.
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yessir, one of those interested would be me... That design isn't exactly a diffuser, though could be with minor mods. It does look very sweet as is, nice and clean.

Out of curiosity, have you fitted the Equinox intake into your car yet? They're pretty tall. I was thinking one might 'just' clear in a Fiero, but may need some kind of decklid scoop to clear. Let us know how that turns out.

------------------
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - For Sale (maybe)
(And too many more!)
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 02-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't started my rear bumper project as of yet. The above parts have killed the Fiero account for now.
I plan to start with a new fiberglass one from Fierofiberglass.

Then I can hack it up without having to take my stock one off. I will also sell my stock one to recover some of the cost.

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 02-09-2010).]

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

1210 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Out of curiosity, have you fitted the Equinox intake into your car yet? They're pretty tall. I was thinking one might 'just' clear in a Fiero, but may need some kind of decklid scoop to clear. Let us know how that turns out.

My measurements say it is going to stick out about 5mm above the decklid. So... I also have a new custom decklid project now, just when I thought I was almost done!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been thinking about my next project lately... oh damn, is this how it starts?

What do you think?
The idea is to have another car I can beat the snot out of and not feel bad. I just can't do it to the GT. There are also a bunch of mods I couldn't do to the GT and keep with the "theme" I was going for, like removeing the interior. The next car will be a no-compromise racecar for the street. The absolute most kidney busting suspension, complete voidence of any interior comforts and sound deadening, little to no exhaust, roll cage, probabley a 3800sc because they sound nasty. A much cheaper build, most likely less reliable, and as scary fast as I can make it. Oooh and I want to bolt the door so I have to climb through the window! Basically the car will have no re-sale value, but it would sure be a blast.
Plus I want to see what the front end of my brothers car looks like, ha, ha

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 02-28-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you think?

I think that's the best spoiler for that bumperpad nose. I'm finding that my flares are really working well on the Fiero, and they don't needed to be moulded into the bodywork either to look good...If anyone want's to go wider on the wheels, flares would be the simplest solution. I'll probably start selling them on Ebay for all applications since they're universal.
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Pics of two bikes down and then she's riding with no gear, well she's got a helmet I guess...

Yea. Hot biker chick! Whats her name?
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha, that is my Brothers girlfriend.
Here's a video of our trip. Doing it again this year, hopfully with more cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIGpQVHrdg
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice video, but that darn rain. A rally in the rain...seems to always happen around here.
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres another with some soud effects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mejOmUMsbQU
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay