Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Redux (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Redux by chester
Started on: 01-10-2004 10:51 PM
Replies: 525 (39612 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 08-05-2015 01:29 AM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Making room for the Redux MadArch widebody.

That should be enough room for now.

Finally an update. Glad to see you are finally going to bury it for good. You been hanging out too much with exoticse (Tony) & #4.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Glad to see you are finally going to bury it for good.

Yeah, I need a anti-priest to perform the exorcism and who speaks with a slurred tongue. Do you know anybody? LowLux will do, hehe.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I need a anti-priest to perform the exorcism and who speaks with a slurred tongue. Do you know anybody? LowLux will do, hehe.

LowLux... LOL. I guess you saw his video? We took a vote to BAN him on CFF.
http://centralfloridafieros...ndex.php?topic=701.0

This is why inbreeding should be outlawed... Must be the corn fields.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 06-03-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up a set of HRE for $500 bucks. They are a 19/20 corvette bolt pattern. I've been communicating with Eric (owner of HMS) regarding hub modification to fit the Corvette bolt pattern. I have Ryan's set-up on #011 and it will the test mule using these wheels. The goal is to not use adapters, but Corvette with 13" rotors on all corners. I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but I can always bring them back. Okay, lets see some "pop."

I did a quick buff' n shine prior to that was bit tired looking, but like the saying goes, "that'll buff right out."
HRE ( I forgot the model #)

1.5" outer lip.

8" inner lip. It seems both outer and inner are okay (for me). It's made in the U.S.A. happy with that.

The outer lip has some minor road rash-- nothing that can't be buffed out.

The inner lip has some damage, but the seat is okay. I'm going to the tire shop to check for trueness.

Continued road rash, but the area affected is were it rubbed against the caliper.

The HRE looks pretty good.

The other two rims sustained damage to the other lip. I spoke to HRE prior to buying the rims and fixing what is needed and it's about $200- 300 buck per lip. The good news is, the off-sets are similar to the MadArch widebody kit-- only the bolt pattern is different.

I'm off to the tire shop to test the rims trueness.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great find curly !

That style is going to look really good on the redux.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-05-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Making room for the Redux MadArch widebody.

That should be enough room for now.

That is going to be a really nice private work/storage area !

How soon before the Redux comes home ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-11-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette/Fiero hubs arrived last Friday for the Redux wide body.Eric (new owner of HMS) came through like a champ. No delays or excuses--- strictly business.

Rear hub. I'll need to order a set of hub centric rings, but for now everything is going according to plan.

Front hub;

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Corvette/Fiero hubs arrived last Friday for the Redux wide body.Eric (new owner of HMS) came through like a champ. No delays or excuses--- strictly business.

Rear hub. I'll need to order a set of hub centric rings, but for now everything is going according to plan.

Front hub;

Nice job Erik! Curly I am glad to see you back at it how goes the new widebody?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey curls,

When do you expect to have the rings, the wheels, and the hubs all mated up on the redux for a test fit ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Hey curls,

When do you expect to have the rings, the wheels, and the hubs all mated up on the redux for a test fit ?

I picked up a pair of centric rings from WCF yesterday and so-far, so-good. As for test fitting... hmm? I need to make time for #011 to see if all-is-good; then send the wheels out to HRE for additional tweaking and color. I'm still debating if I should roll with all black rims for the Redux. I still want the Batman flow & style. Once the MadArch notch back wide body arrives from Archie... that's when things start popping!

Now the hub is centered to the wheel.

(The rims are from a Corvette. That is why the need for centric rings. Otherwise I would've bought them to fit a Fiero's hub, but for $500 clams,.. you ain't get'n no lip from me).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-25-2009).]

mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Front hub;

are the hubs readily available or did you have them custom made from originals...i need a set to get rid of my adapters and the idea of the corvette brakes are nagging at me
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mid engine monsters:

are the hubs readily available or did you have them custom made from originals...i need a set to get rid of my adapters and the idea of the corvette brakes are nagging at me

The hubs are custom made by Eric (new owner of Helds Motor Sports). The last conversation I had with Eric, he mentioned that he made several during his last batch run. Apparently, several replica owners use the Corvette bolt pattern to fit there wider than normal kit. It's a better option than using hub adapters and/or using the arm extensions. The easiest way is to purchase wheels (corvette pattern) and then use Helds front and rear suspenion using Wilwood.

Here's the link; http://www.westshorefabricators.com/
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the Redux;

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any word on her hip replacement ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any word on her hip replacement ?

Waiting on Archie. The shop has been busy cranking out LS3 trying to find some time. Eventually, the MadArch widebody will be made for the Redux. I'm wanting to switch to a notchback non choptop using the Celica and G35 tail lamps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-24-2009).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again. Your making the rest of us fiero owners look bad j/k
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SAY WHAT? Madcurl in a non choptop.........
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

SAY WHAT? Madcurl in a non choptop.........

After seeing Chuck's wide body--- I felt it wasn't needed. The notch back is bad to the bone w/o a chop.

Side note: Still haven't gotten around to switching the hubs on #011. Boy I'm busy!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curlyso does this mean if you have these custom hubs and rings you can fit the corvette brakes with no modifications ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly, so does this mean if you have these custom hubs and rings you can fit the corvette brakes with no modifications?

In this case--- I'm not using the Corvette brakes, but rather Helds/Lee/Eric suspension. This will allow for switching between both cars (just the rotors and hubs). I'm guessing (with modification) you could use the Corvette calipers and rotors, but that's R&D.

Edit: this method is only useful if you've purchase rims that aren't using the Fiero bolt pattern. In my case, the HREs were a "bargain" so I couldn't let that deal slip by and since the Redux needs a suspension... why not? Bonus option--- switching rims with #011

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-24-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tolorences using Eric's custom made hubs. You see the hub centric rings-- that's what fits snug using the Corvette HREs. I don't plan on using the Corvette rotors, but wanted to see the fitment.

Corvette hub centric rings I purchased from WCF

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-25-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
x-mas bonus or does that mean waiting on funds ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-15-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2010 bump; I stopped by to see the Redux. Oh well, back burner, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A spring forward bump!

I dropped by to view the Redux. It's in need of a engine and much TLC.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-16-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been exposing some old undeveloped film. Here are a few pics from early 2004 or so.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those lights. How were they mounted in the car?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

I like those lights. How were they mounted in the car?

The Celica headlamps have a few mounting points and Trendzs welded two attaching points for the headlamps. Part of the metal work was removed so that the lamps could lay down into the area where the original bucket lights were.

The mounting

IMHO, the Celica headlamsp look better using the light cover (more Batman like)

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-11-2010).]

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which metal work was removed? Also, when you did the fron bumper, was it just a modified fiero front or was it a blended fiero and ceilica bumper, so the lights would sit nice?

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 07-12-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

Which metal work was removed? Also, when you did the front bumper, was it just a modified fiero front or was it a blended fiero and ceilica bumper, so the lights would sit nice?

Part of the main upper corner of the metal bumper (go back a few pages and you'll find a pic).The Redux uses the original front bumper only. I don't have any additional pics since the car is awaiting the MadArch notchback wide body kit.

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh, ok. Can't wait to see it. I was doing a headlight swap on my car and didn't know what lights to pick from. I wanted Ferrari 430ish lights. First I was going to go with the C6 lights, then the RX7 flushmount lights, then I saw some black JDM Celica lights on ebay and then found your other car in the search with the word celica. I think those lights are close enough to ferrari lights for me. Then 200.00 bucks on ebay for those JDM lights was good enough for me. Thanks for making your cars one of a kind and sharing you dream with all of the community. I love the new widebody kit. They all look good. Please keep us posted when the car is done. Please post pictures. Thank for the information.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's another Fiero using the Celica headlamps. The owner is here on PFF under the name "Creator."

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-1-063781.html

For sale here:

http://www.kitcars.com/Clas...?classified_id=22150
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can hear the wheels turning already !

SEMA 2010

Fiero Redux

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-16-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter sleep.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly did you decide what engine yet you plan to stuff in there ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly did you decide what engine yet you plan to stuff in there ?

Not many choices if you live in CA. Northstar or the 3800SC are the only options I would use and according to the laws here in CA-both engine types must be automatics.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not many choices if you live in CA. Northstar or the 3800SC are the only options I would use and according to the laws here in CA-both engine types must be automatics.

I thought the new GM LS EROD crate motor was CA certified?

Jim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock