Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Redux (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Redux by chester
Started on: 01-10-2004 10:51 PM
Replies: 525 (39608 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 08-05-2015 01:29 AM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Not many choices if you live in CA. Northstar or the 3800SC are the only options I would use and according to the laws here in CA-both engine types must be automatics.

How about a warmed over 3.4DOHC with a 5 speed?

Bob
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly what was the pricetag on the Corvette hubs from HMS ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Curly what was the pricetag on the Corvette hubs from HMS ?

PM sent.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Redux is finally getting "love."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shocks arrived.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new front bumper is on it's way from FL.

Out with the old.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-21-2011).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Dude, I've been trying to get in contact with you.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-21-2011).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Redux is finally getting "love."

About time, eh?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

About time, eh?

Yep.

New bumper:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't get me wrong cause i absolutely love the new nose (for #11 and #15), but for the redux, i like the original nose you crafted. Looks perfect for that particular car.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Redux

Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay apparently now this project is not totally dead.

There is some light peeking thru,...........

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay apparently now this project is not totally dead.

There is some light peeking thru,...........

Like a funeral director ordering new shoes for a client the Redux is dead, but the car will have new shoes and socks thanks to Troyboy.

The Rosso will wrap around the HRE I purchased several years back. LOL.

19x9 HRE (I forgot the name of the wheels, but they don't make them anymore).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-20-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I Like!

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redraif:

I Like!

Thanks. Dan in FL made the tweaked Fiero bumper for me. I had a simple yet unique idea using the front opening of the Fiero front bumper. I asked Dan to make the mold they make, but using only the mouth opening and had it graphed onto the bumper. The end result is a lower bumper and a opening for air to flow through. The sides too have been lowered to match the center. The openings will be cut out.The Fiero designers appear to have left (us) with a car which we can re-tweak using the same parts. The same holds true for the MadArch kit.
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ah you are a sly one! I love your ingenuity. I wish I had the cash to get the R&D for things like you do. I'm simply amazed by your creations time and time again!

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New shoes can make an old suit shine !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New shoes can make an old suit shine !

Yeah, thanks Tony for spotting these Racing Harts:

I took a stroll down to Los Angeles area (actually Rowland Heights) to check out a warehouse selling high end Racing Hart wheels. Often times you hear other bumping gums about not being able to find a set of light weight wheels. I think the Redux will sport these four wheels to the crib.

sporting a 4.5" lip.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The brand is licensed and authorized to use the Racing Hart name through Dazz Motorsport. The wheels are 19x9 32mm, and 19x8 32mm and they clear 13" Corvette calipers (I haven't tested if they clear 14").

I've tested the wheels on #011 & #020, but I was mainly concerned about the clearances on #011. I have no plans on using the R.H. for #020, but they do look good as-is on #011.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The R.H. clear #011 10" coil-overs.

Really pushing the limit on the rear.

On a 88 the R.H would no doubt stick out pass the upper lip (that's a good thing if you have the MadArch kit). Either way not a bad deal for pre 88. The guy I purchased the wheels from previously had a wheel shop in the L.A. area and decided to end it. He and his son are selling them inside of a rented warehouse. They had several sets in 5x100 and at one time had 19x11 (I missed that deal).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The drive was only 2-hrs, but the traffic-that's a totally different story and I arrived after the noon rush hour.

On the way down there I spotted on of those wagon wheel cars. I think they call it, "Donks" or something-not my cup of tea.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In Rowland Heights, CA I saw a BMW and I like those side turn signals (not the car), hehe.

Brand new and still in the original boxes. The owner said he only opened the boxes to demonstrate the wheels.

sizes and off-sets.

wheel shower caps

Nice semi rear lip.

9"is wide enough for stock (#011). The R.H. are a three piece that is welding together (similar to Maya wheels) therefore if you bend a rim-you're screwed!

19x9, 25 pounder.

Test:

19x8 front

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-02-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, thanks Tony for spotting these Racing Harts:

Giovanna wheels:

They're booth was black rope off and filled with exotics.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sleeping, but not forgotten.

Curly you check on her lately ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sleeping, but not forgotten.

Curly you check on her lately ??

Yep. I saw her Friday. She'll be getting the MadArch kit soon.

Meanwhile her wheels are on the work car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got around to having the HRE wheel outer lip fixed.

I dropped the front wheel off too. The previous owner totaled out his nice Corvette. The wheels had been sitting on the self for years and nobody wanted them. The total cost for repairing both lips and paint was $500 (centers in pics aren't painted yet). It would've been less if I didn't go with the chrome lip. Eventually, I'll get around to chroming the other side, but for now-what's the rush.

These wheels normally are 6k and up. If you find a set for less than $500 you could retweak them and use on a Corvette or modified Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for pics.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Revenge of the Redux:

Now for Helds Suspension.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly i forget, what size are they ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly i forget, what size are they ?

19x9.5 fronts and 20x11 rear. The Corvette they were originally on had 285/30/20 rears and I think the front sported 275/30/19, but the Fiero I'll still use the 285's, but maybe 255/30/19 front.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump!

2013 bump! I purchased a car cover for the Redux. LOL.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow this car has jumped to the front of the production line and taken on some unique and drastic changes, since that last pic !
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are the updates?!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

Gone but not forgotten.

Curly no longer posts here but this car is coming along ! The bodyshop is doing some slick work.

Reminds me of a tweeked plazma.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-31-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock