Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Glass Chop Top Side Windows Group Buy (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Glass Chop Top Side Windows Group Buy by Archie
Started on: 04-01-2009 02:38 PM
Replies: 354
Last post by: psychosurfer on 01-05-2013 10:49 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daviero:

I just stumbled onto this thread and wish I had seen it sooner. I do have a question though.
With these windows does the door close normally with the windows up like stock windows? Or do you have to hold and tuck the glass or close the door with the window down a bit the way the lexan windows must be treated?
If yes, I'd like to be added to the second order list if it ever happens. I will not quibble on cost, it is what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8hKVWA-5U
IP: Logged
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Thanks Archie for putting the first set in #1....... they do roll up and down pretty fast.
I'm not speaking for Archie but I think this group guy helped get the windows made by pooling our money. \I'm pretty sure the windows were sold at cost so Archie made no profit for his trouble. If there are any more made I think the cost should stay the same or even be higher. That way the people who put up their money not knowing for sure of the outcome will not wind up paying more than those you had no faith. Archie could than also make a small profit for his trouble. once again this is just my opinion.

I noticed some lip too......

newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post

Congratulations Rodney and Archie! Job well done! Thanks for the tremendous effort.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

is anyone going to pick up their windows from the south east?
or if someone wants to share the cost of the trip I could go pick them up and bring them back to Ga for pick up.
PM me if you are interested. I just don't want to risk shipping them after all that it has taken to get them.
D.

PM sent
CDubbz88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CDubbz88GTSend a Private Message to CDubbz88GTDirect Link to This Post
lol good stuff archie, and eta on install video? and whens good for you on pickup?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CDubbz88GT:

lol good stuff archie, and eta on install video? and whens good for you on pickup?

The install video is done, in fact I just made 4 copies of it.

I have 2 people pickig up windows tomorrow, so you can come tomorrow if you want.

I'll be on the road Monday, otherwise next week works for me too.

If you're coming tomorrow, give me a call on my cell phone when you're on your way.

Drop me a PM & I'll PM my cell number.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8hKVWA-5U

Too funny, he he he.
fpwfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fpwfieroSend a Private Message to fpwfieroDirect Link to This Post
is anyone from around pitts. pa going to pick them up. be more than happy to pay fo gas.dont know if i can wait for shipping. thanks
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2009 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie, I have the glass and it looks great! I will be installing it soon and will be posting pics. Looks like it will work perfectly just holding it up to my car.
Thanks again, Chris
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Video of #26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF19yPDWrKU

Tomorrow video of #13
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

I noticed some lip too......

hehe i caught that too,..go ahead Great Blue !
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Hey I want a behind car shot viewing straight down the side with the window 1/2 down. No agenda in mind. No reason. Those look to fit GREAT. Anyone would be stupid not to get them. Hell I might even try If I want a second chop..... Hell I actually have to finish mine to have my first. But anyway I think it's wicked how far the windows appear to hang out when rolling them down. I've never compared chopped to stock 1/2 down but I think the chopped might give the look of being out further but just less window.

Stu
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Holy Hades... Taz's former car looks fantastic.

I always wondered what color jealousy is. I know now.

It is red.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Chop Top #22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0-gaLuVC7g

Chop Top windows have been installed into Chop Top #1, #26, #21, #13 & #22 & they all fit to a Gnat's Azz without cutting any door beam out of the way or drilling any holes for mounting or any other modifications inside the door.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-29-2009).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Archie, would you please, when you get a chance, take and post up some pics of #13. That has always been my favorite unpainted Fiero. It is now my favorite painted Fiero. I am just in awe!

Nice job on the windows also. You have made a lot of happy folks. They look outstanding.

Tony
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Archie, would you please, when you get a chance, take and post up some pics of #13. That has always been my favorite unpainted Fiero. It is now my favorite painted Fiero. I am just in awe!

Nice job on the windows also. You have made a lot of happy folks. They look outstanding.

Tony

Thanks

I'll do that before the weekend & post them in the What's up at Archie's thread.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Holy Hades... Taz's former car looks fantastic.

I always wondered what color jealousy is. I know now.

It is red.

I do believe it's the first red fastback choptop. I considered Red but thought it would be over the top.

Can't wait to get my windows installed. Those Gnats are getting annoying.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Still poking at the bull I see.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Tony

This page has pics & video.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Archie I have both of my windows in my homebrew chop and the fit is fantastic. my only issue is at the front by the mirror. The angle in that small triangle section is slightly different than your chop. It still seals fine but the edge of the glass runs at a slight angle to the seal. I may reposition the seal or I may leave it as is. Once the mirror is back on it won't be noticable at all.Other than that the fit is perfect . All I had to change was the position of the rear track, sliding it out further to pull the glass in more at the top edge. I have pics of both sides but it's a new camera and I'm digitally illiterate I guess as I haven't figured out how to size them properly to post them decently sized. I sent Curly all the pics I took of both sides, maybe he will post them for me. I took a shot in the dark that these windows would fit my car. My chop dimensions must be very close to yours as I had zero problems fitting them to my car with plenty of adjustabilty to spare. I would think these windows could be made to fit most 3 inch homebrew chops without too much difficulty. I would highly reccommend any other homebrew choppers out there to buy this glass if a second run is produced. You won't be disappointed!!

------------------
88blackchopv8

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Archie I have both of my windows in my homebrew chop and the fit is fantastic. my only issue is at the front by the mirror. The angle in that small triangle section is slightly different than your chop. It still seals fine but the edge of the glass runs at a slight angle to the seal. I may reposition the seal or I may leave it as is. Once the mirror is back on it won't be noticable at all.Other than that the fit is perfect . All I had to change was the position of the rear track, sliding it out further to pull the glass in more at the top edge. I have pics of both sides but it's a new camera and I'm digitally illiterate I guess as I haven't figured out how to size them properly to post them decently sized. I sent Curly all the pics I took of both sides, maybe he will post them for me. I took a shot in the dark that these windows would fit my car. My chop dimensions must be very close to yours as I had zero problems fitting them to my car with plenty of adjustabilty to spare. I would think these windows could be made to fit most 3 inch homebrew chops without too much difficulty. I would highly reccommend any other homebrew choppers out there to buy this glass if a second run is produced. You won't be disappointed!!

Good to hear, we're glad they worked out for you.

P.S. I know what you mean about being digitally illiterate, I have the same problem.

Archie
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Archie I have both of my windows in my homebrew chop and the fit is fantastic.

This is good news! I too have a homebrew and am wondering how the glass will turn out. What I have going for me is my car could be considered the prototype for Archie's chops. I understand the GBCT and the rest had refinements that made them a bit different from the Purple Pavement Eater. I find your success reassuring. Thanks and congratulations!

------------------
Purple Pavement Eater
V8, Chop top, coil-overs, 12" brakes

[This message has been edited by newin55 (edited 10-31-2009).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newin55:

This is good news! I too have a homebrew and am wondering how the glass will turn out. What I have going for me is my car could be considered the prototype for Archie's chops. I understand the GBCT and the rest had refinements that made them a bit different from the Purple Pavement Eater. I find your success reassuring. Thanks and congratulations!

you should have zero problems, your car will most likely require less adjustments than mine needed. you will be be very happy with the glass. there is more adjustment witin the factory tolerances than you would expect. the factory adjusters built in can make up for a lot. if you have any troubles getting your glass to fit pm me, i may be able to help you make it fit your chop
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Still poking at the bull I see.

Some would consider it more like pointing out the Bull.... we've seen so far.

For the last several years, I've had accusations & insults, regarding Chop Tops, thrown my way without one ounce of proof. You can't help but think that if they had as much photographic proof of their accusations as I have photographic proof that they're full of BS, then I'd never hear the end of it.

A person might think that now that they've once again been proven wrong thet they would finally give up on putting out the hate. However, past performance indicates that when proven wrong, they typically lay back for a while, until things cool off then they're right back at putting out the hate.

Now, if someone was really trying to poke the bull they would be posting pictures like these to any of the hate threads your buddies have been posting.

Notice how our windows actually fit my cars to a Gnat's Azz & notice how there's no cutting of the door beam or adding wedges to the window mounting points to get our windows to fit in the car.

No notching the door beams to clear windows that don't fit.

Now, it's up to your friends if they want to keep up the hate or if they want to let it go.

Archie
------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-01-2009).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
GAME OVER!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Update:

For those who are getting the windows.

During the delays in getting the windows completed, you may recall that they sent me a single Right Side window for fitting while they were finishing up the left side windows.

That window was sent to me via UPS in a wooden crate.

When unpacking that window I paid close attention to how it was packed because I knew I was going to have to ship them out someday.

Using that box as a pattern, I've come up with a crate to ship the windows out hopefully without damage.
In these pics you'll see both windows packed in the crate that they had built to send me the right side window & you'll see the crate I've built.

I'm pretty sure I've built the crate strong enough & secured the windows well enough that they will not move around in the crate. I have a "cut list" for the new crates & will be cutting them & building them for the rest of the week with a plan to start shipping them out Monday.

The crate is a #2 oversize UPS shipable crate.

Each of you will be getting an EMail from me later today with the shipping details & costs.

Archie

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Archie, PM sent!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

For those who are getting the windows.

Each of you will be getting an EMail from me later today with the shipping details & costs.

Archie

EMails &/or PM's sent.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
newin55 has been selected as my shipping beta tester.

He owns the Purple Pavement Eater (PPE) & I selected him because he is the farthest away from here.

He lives in Oregon (the farthest from here in our group) I'm confident that my crates are strong enough for successful arrival but this is just to make sure.

I'm shipping his crate to him today & hopefully he will let me know how it goes as soon as they arrive.

Archie
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Archie, thanks for the e-mail and P.M. updates re shipping the Chop Top windows.

If I recall correctly, I think you'd mentioned back near early May, an ability to process PayPal for the chopped glass windows themselves. Therefore, I've once again initiated, this time about one half hour ago, a PayPal payment to the following e-mail address, in order cover the $65.00 shipping charge for those windows: Archie@v8archie.com .

By the way, I thank you and Rodney Booth, owner of Chop Top #18, for making this group buy of the glass Chop Top side windows actually happen.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

newin55 has been selected as my shipping beta tester. He owns the Purple Pavement Eater (PPE) & I selected him because he is the farthest away from here.

He lives in Oregon (the farthest from here in our group) I'm confident that my crates are strong enough for successful arrival but this is just to make sure.

I'm shipping his crate to him today & hopefully he will let me know how it goes as soon as they arrive.

Archie

Cool.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
These look great now if I had a chop top then I would be all over these windows. Good job as always archie.

------------------

FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post

newin55 has been selected as my shipping beta tester.

Yahoo!!! I will report as soon as they arrive.

Alan
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newin55:

Yahoo!!! I will report as soon as they arrive.

Alan

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I've been tracking this shipment since it left here. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

A

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-11-2009).]

newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post

Updated 11/12/09

[This message has been edited by newin55 (edited 11-12-2009).]

newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Direct Link to This Post

Good news! The windows arrived in two pieces. Great job, Archie. Thanks Archie, Rodney, Cliff and the rest of the group.

http://home.comcast.net/~softlid/PPE_Windows.WMV
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock