Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  G6 6 speed low low price...see inside...pic's (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
G6 6 speed low low price...see inside...pic's by Team Race-Tech
Started on: 11-20-2006 05:44 PM
Replies: 242
Last post by: FieroBrad87 on 04-14-2008 07:52 AM
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I got mine as well. Joe I called, we have some things were gonna need to work out. Trans wasn't packed well at all, got beat to hell. When I got it, both sensors are busted. Please call me asap 757.503.1249
IP: Logged
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Joe, i belive you forgot to send one.
And please do package it well, iwe been driving cargo for years, (Old truckdriver.) so i know how bad the ppl at the terminals treat the gods.
A tracking number would sure be nice. I sent you a PM a while back, have you had a chanse to read it yet?

//Kristian
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kristian V:

I sent you a PM a while back, have you had a chanse to read it yet?

//Kristian

I read it today, I'll send PM.

Joe

------------------

Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance:
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, used Fiero parts, custom exhaust systems.
www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetech@bellnet.ca
Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
Hello Joe,
Please take my name off the list.
Thank you,
Scott
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AnimalGT:

Hello Joe,
Please take my name off the list.
Thank you,
Scott

No problem the list is gone, if anyone is still interested in the left overs I have you can PM and I'll give a price.

Thanks to all that particapated

Joe

------------------

Race-Tech Automotive inc.

3800 swaps, custom Aluminum flywheels, Brakes, Engine's, Aftermarket Bolt on performance parts, used Fiero parts,
www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
A combined "BUMP" and a question about the F40.

From what i can tell the 2006 transmisions that has surfaced lately. (For sale) keeps the engine reving less than the 2007 F40, From looking at thise specs i got, the old trany (2006) has same gear ratio on fifth as the new one (2007) has on sixth. Hence these older F40's looks a lot better for me than the newer once.
Since im going for a 3800SC there will be enough torque to get the light Fiero airborn, and the higher sixth gear will keep the fuel consumption lower.

Gear Ratios: 2006 / 2007
------------------------------------
FIRST 3.77 / 3.769
SECOND 2.04 / 2.040
THIRD 1.32 / 1.365
FOURTH 0.95 / 1.048
FIFTH 0.76 / 0.846
SIXTH 0.62 / 0.707
REVERSE 3.54 / 3.538
FINAL DRIVE RATIO 3.55 / 3.55

For me it looks like if going in a certain speed, keeping 1500rpm in fift gear with a 2006 trany, one with a 2007 trany would have to use his sixth gear ti keep the same phase at 1500rpm. (Hence the 2006-F40 has an extra overdrive. )

Can someone find out the rpm doing 60 mph for both transmisions? (To much calculating for me. How would i calculate that?)
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Today I took some pictures for Fiero_Silva of a 6 speed tranny up to a Northstar engine. There are some areas that will be needed to has some material shaved off in order to have the tranny housing clear the coolant housing. As I can see up close in person, it won't take much shaving or notching out to having it fit good. On the other side it's much the same, a little of grinding will do the trick.

Joe
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Team Race-Tech

512 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Sorry about the poor picture quality, the camera that I'm using is about 9 years old, but it still works.

Joe

------------------

3800 swaps, custom Aluminum flywheels, Brakes, Engine's, Aftermarket Bolt on performance parts, used Fiero parts,
www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, thank you...

Now I need to make a decision... New tool box for work, or new tranny for car

PM me a price in CAD shipped to winnipeg, MB.... I have a business w/ forklift that it can be shipped to if that makes it cheaper than a residential location.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

PM me a price in CAD shipped to winnipeg, MB.... I have a business w/ forklift that it can be shipped to if that makes it cheaper than a residential location.

PM sent.

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
weekend bump ^

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

PFF
System Bot
MoneyNoMo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MoneyNoMoSend a Private Message to MoneyNoMoDirect Link to This Post
So what did the total delivered price turn out to be for people in the U.S. (after all the import fees, etc. were paid) ?
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
For me? Around $1110
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Joe! Would you please provide me with a tracking number, i didn't get one.

------------------

My cars @ gatbilar.se
My car @ Garaget.org

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
NP...

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
PM recived!
Thanks Joe
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MoneyNoMo:

So what did the total delivered price turn out to be for people in the U.S. (after all the import fees, etc. were paid) ?

$1170 to my door in melbourne, FL.
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
I received my transmission a few days ago. Thanks Joe.

Tom
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

I received my transmission a few days ago. Thanks Joe.

Tom

Your welcome.

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
10 days has now past from last contact. The tranny should be on it's way by now. Trying real hard, not to be inpatient...
Any tracking number for me yet Joe?
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

10 days has now past from last contact. The tranny should be on it's way by now. Trying real hard, not to be inpatient...
Any tracking number for me yet Joe?

PM sent.

Joe

PFF
System Bot
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the tracking number Joe!
Now let's hope the weather calms a litle, so the boat doesent sink.
We had storms over here, ppl got killed.
Hopefully i can post a happy ending with a pic of the tranny within a cuple of weeks.
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Transmision arived today.

I was a litle woried about the trany being OK, it's been on a long jurney. But it was 100% OK.
Joe did a exilent job securing it. It was tightend, first with cardboard, then plastic straps on top.
Inside it was bolted on to the pallet. EXILENT JOB JOE! thank's for the trany.

From what i can se it's all in one pice.

Both connectors looks OK to. in a previous post they where damaged during transport.
If i figured this right, this should be for the reverse..?

And this is..? Speedo signal?

Here i can tell that Joe realy did go the extra mile to get i to me in one pice. (In red/yellow circles.) Most ppl would have been satisfyed with the plastic straps.

Once again, thanks for the trany Joe!
Nice doing buisness with you.

------------------

Mid-engine cars don´t forgive. They bite!
My cars @ gatbilar.se
My car @ Garaget.org

[This message has been edited by Kristian V (edited 02-08-2007).]

RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post

Both connectors looks OK to. in a previous post they where damaged during transport.
If i figured this right, this should be for the reverse..?

That sensor is broken.
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...
OK. What should it look like?
From the look of the cardboard, witch looked unharmed by the transport, id have to say, the trany was packed with the sensor already broken. What do you think? Or is the sensor so weak it falls of? (Doesent seem likely.)

[This message has been edited by Kristian V (edited 02-09-2007).]

RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
Here are the best pictures I could find, stolen from Alex4mula's build thread. although, his sensor appears to be broken slightly as well:

There is supposed to be a plastic body protruding from the sensor surounding the contacts. This is what the connector latches to, and seals against. I will check mine tonight and see if it is intact. To be honest, I never removed the cardboard from the crate when mine arrived last month. I just checked to see that the packaging was intact, which it was, then I set it aside in the shop. I hope mine isn't broken, too.
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Thank's for the help. I will check Alex4mula's thread my self.
I also noticed Alex4mula has started with the brackets for the shifter cabels, lots of details to sort out before one can swap it in.
I just joined the swedish Saab-Turbo forum, just to se if i can gather some info on the drive shaft's and stuff like that.
It turns out, they have the F40 transmisions available here to. The Turbo ppl use them on +600hp/+500Nm engines.
Actualy i found out today, that GM first had the F40 tranys made here in Gothenburg. It was when the demand for the tranys exeded the capacity of the Gothenburg plant they moved the manifacturing to Russelheim.
Od detour for my trany.. Made in Russelheim, bought in Toronto and shipped to Gothenburg.

The broken connector is for turning the reverse light on, right?
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Let me see what the price is for one of those revers switches. So far the compay I used to ship the trannys to the u.s. are giving me nothing but hard ache. I'll chech with a local dealership and I'll have to send one out to you guy's.

Joe
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
I belive we get away a lot cheeper, both of us, if i pick one up at the local dealer and you make a smal refound to me through PayPal.
But just to be sure of that, find out how much one costs at your end, and i will do the same here.
The shipping is no fun... Even though you paid the shipping at your end, the shipping company charged me with $230 US (1600SEK) for the trany. All kins of fees.
Even reciving a package the size of a letter from US they charge $13US. (Minimum.)
I will let you know the price ASAP.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Transmision arived today.

I was a litle woried about the trany being OK, it's been on a long jurney. But it was 100% OK.
Joe did a exilent job securing it. It was tightend, first with cardboard, then plastic straps on top.
Inside it was bolted on to the pallet. EXILENT JOB JOE! thank's for the trany.

Here i can tell that Joe realy did go the extra mile to get i to me in one pice. (In red/yellow circles.) Most ppl would have been satisfyed with the plastic straps.

Once again, thanks for the trany Joe!
Nice doing buisness with you.

I try my best to make things secure. I have purchased parts from the U.S. and when I get them they are all banged up. I would like to do more by making a crate but the cost to build it would make the shipping cost sky high.

Joe
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Got around to call local Saab/GM dealer today. A new connector cost 170 SEK.
Thats about $25 US. PayPal charges me about $3 US when i recive the money.
So if you Joe would be so kind and send me $28 US through PayPal, i will concider our buisness finished. (For this item. )

I belive that would be much cheaper than bying and sending the connector from Canada to Sweden. Shipping alone would cost more.

How does that sound to you Joe?

//Kristian V.
PFF
System Bot
Modat5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Modat5Send a Private Message to Modat5Direct Link to This Post
Joe,

Are any of these G6's left? Or did you sell them all?

I'd be interested in one if you have any left. Thanks,

Matt

88gt
88formula (project car)
88coupe (parts)
Dayton, OH
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

So if you Joe would be so kind and send me $28 US through PayPal, i will concider our buisness finished. (For this item. )

I belive that would be much cheaper than bying and sending the connector from Canada to Sweden. Shipping alone would cost more.

PM me with your info.

I'll do that.

Thanks
Joe

//Kristian V.

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Team Race-Tech

512 posts
Member since Nov 2004

//Kristian V.

OOPS...
Kristian send me a PM with your info and I'll take care of that.

Thanks
Joe
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Team Race-Tech

512 posts
Member since Nov 2004

Originally posted by Modat5:

Joe,

Are any of these G6's left? Or did you sell them all?

I'd be interested in one if you have any left. Thanks,

Matt

88gt
88formula (project car)
88coupe (parts)
Dayton, OH

Matt.... PM sent

Joe

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Joe, you got PM.
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Anytime youre ready Joe.
I'm waiting for a notification from PayPal.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
. . .

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 02-20-2007).]

RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
Just a note, mine arrived with all sensors intact.
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Well, i'm still hoping.
I have a hard time realizing that anyone would sell his good name for $28.
Something i guess all must have seen by now is that Joe doesent check in here every day, and is a litle slower than most on replyes on those ocations. (I whish i could stay away from the computer for 4 days in a row.)
If he would have planed on ripping me of for $28 i don't hink he would answerd above post. And he had the chanse to ripp me of for $1250 US, but didn't.

Like you said (RandomTask), the smal money isn't worth making a fuzz over. If he don't keep hes word i will give him a minus to. But i'l wait a litle bit more before i go there. After all, he got a new born at home. (And if he does come through, you might wana concider that minus you gave him. Being slower than the rest isn't a crime, just anoying for some of us.)
He didn't post in a single thread after i sent him my info, if he would have, than i would wonderd why he didn't pay. (I did a search on his nick and checked. )

And i have to agree with you about posting about the broken connectors. Would he have posted they where broken from the start, i would not botherd, i also payed for a brand new, and unused trany. Question is, did he se that they where broken? I didn't realize mine was untill someone told me. Just thought that it was a funy looking connector. The break was so clean on mine i didn't realize it was defect.

Now, lets hope Joe doesen't prove me wrong.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock