Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  G6 6 speed low low price...see inside...pic's (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
G6 6 speed low low price...see inside...pic's by Team Race-Tech
Started on: 11-20-2006 05:44 PM
Replies: 242
Last post by: FieroBrad87 on 04-14-2008 07:52 AM
Kristian V

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2006 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Bump, for any update!
Last post from Joe was the 19't-dec.

------------------

My cars @ gatbilar.se
My car @ Garaget.org

IP: Logged
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Joe,

Congratulations! You had the opportunity to be Santa Claus, but are now officially my
Grinch! Merry Christmas.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8 - NOS

RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
How about a tracking number? They should clearly have been shipped by now!

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RacerX11: How about a tracking number? They should clearly have been shipped by now!

Yes, please..! The waiting is the worst, any progress info helps.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Yes please - someone please give him a call. I lost my cell so I can't till tommorow. Can someone give him a call on the number in his sig?
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
So I just tried calling and it went straight to a ntelos type voicemail. Joe, I'm giving you until 12 oclock thursday to provide me with a tracking number or i'm filing a dispute with paypal. No more excuses, no more playing. You have over $1100 of my hard earned money and you are providing little to no communication. I don't care about that lamborghini you have to work on. I payed IN FULL three weeks ago. You have offered little comfort and solice in my purchase. Put your big boy pants on and deliver what you sold.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 12-26-2006).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else find it odd that when hes pitching he the sale, he can reply almost every day, but as soon as he gets money, he disappears? Joe, bump.

Joe - I just tried calling again, but it went back to the normal voicemail. I'm gonna be a thorn in your side until tommorow, then i'm just gonna be a pain in your ass. Tell us they haven't shipped yet, tell us a cow fell on your house causing you to be out of the shop, anything, but DON'T tell us you're gonna ship them out then ignore us when we ask for a tracking number. I can take waiting no prob, I can't take being ignored or no communication.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 12-27-2006).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
I just got off the phone with Joe, apparently his wife had their child six weeks early. I wish you congratulations and the best of luck Joe! He said he was amid packing up the last one and they should go out today less christians (since its going to sweden, its using a different transport company) He said once they all go out hes going to PM us all the tracking numbers. My thursday bet is still on if anyone wants to take it . One thing I did mention to him is he said he was going to put a lesser value on the packages to avoid paying taxes (to us guys in the states). I mentioned that since we have a free trade agreement, we don't pay duties and that for insurance purposes he should put the full amount on the shipping information.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I may be interested in one if there are any left over, but I want to see everyone who's ordered one receive their transmission before I commit.
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

One thing I did mention to him is he said he was going to put a lesser value on the packages to avoid paying taxes (to us guys in the states). I mentioned that since we have a free trade agreement, we don't pay duties and that for insurance purposes he should put the full amount on the shipping information.

Congratulations, Joe.

Thanks very much RandomTask for keeping after him. Do you or anyone else know what I will have to do (paperwork) or pay (taxes) for this thing when it gets here. I don't understand much of anything I have read about it on the WWW.

Thanks

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Cleveland Fiero Club

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if it would fit on a Quad 4 ? 2.3

[This message has been edited by Quad GT (edited 12-27-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

Congratulations, Joe.

Thanks very much RandomTask for keeping after him. Do you or anyone else know what I will have to do (paperwork) or pay (taxes) for this thing when it gets here. I don't understand much of anything I have read about it on the WWW.

Thanks

You have to sign for it when it shows up at your doorstep. The sender is the person that has to fill out all the paperwork.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 12-27-2006).]

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, Joe.
Don't get to exited now! (Hence, don't forget to send me my tranny. )
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Just an update on who is still reciving a 6 speed tranny.

People that have paid..

1. Racerx11 ( Marty ) ( 1 ) ** Paid and shipped **
2. KristianV ( Kristian ) ( 1 ) ** Paid **
3. Tom Corey ( 1 ) ** Paid and shipped **
4. Randomtask ( Joseph ) ( 1 ) ** Paid and shipped **
5. GToreif8891 ( Tom ) ( 1 ) ** Paid and shipped **

People that are still on the list:

1. AnimalGT ( Scott ) ( 1 )
2. DrDave ( Dave ) ( 1 )
3. ( Ian ) from BC Canada ( 1 )
4. jack_ink ( Chris ) ( 1 ) maybe 2
5. KissMyssFiero ( Joe ) ( 1 )
6. GymBrent ( Brent ) ( 1 )

I will PM those who are going to recive there trannys with the tracking number. They have been picked up today around 1:30 ish.... For Kristian V. in Sweden, I have it ready to be picked up, just waiting for the paperwork and truck..
Guy's let me know when you get your tranny.

thanks
Joe

Forgot to mention I have many 6 speed transmission's left.....
------------------

Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance:
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, used Fiero parts, custom exhaust systems.
www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetech@bellnet.ca
Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

[This message has been edited by Team Race-Tech (edited 12-29-2006).]

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Team Race-Tech

512 posts
Member since Nov 2004

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Just wondering if it would fit on a Quad 4 ? 2.3

Sorry it won't work with your bell housing, unless you make an adaptor plate?

------------------

3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, used Fiero parts, custom exhaust systems.
www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know if it'll fit the stock 2.5's or 2.8's without an adapter plate? Just thinking about future plans.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Anyone know if it'll fit the stock 2.5's or 2.8's without an adapter plate? Just thinking about future plans.

Yes it will.... same bell housing bolt patern...

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
+1 for joe getting back on the ball with this. Thanks joe. I'm now gonna dance like a gitty little school girl.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:
Yes it will.... same bell housing bolt patern...

And will it also fit a 3.8? My plans with my Ferrario are to eventually put in a 3800SC. A six-speed might be an cool addition. But now isn't the time seeing as how I barely have any of the bodywork done.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Yes this will bolt up to a 3800, I have one here that I'll be installing with the 6 speed.. Once I clear up some dead cars and make some room, i'll beging on this new project 88 GT w/3800 s/c 6 speed..

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
How much would an adapter plate be? Does it exist or would it have to be custom made?
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Archie did a swap thread on the 6-speed where he outlines some of the differences. The flywheel used is a dual mass design, so the bellhousing is pretty deep. That means some type of custom flywheel setup. Also, it uses a half shaft and it's axles are different from the Fiero. Alex4mula recently put one in his car and you can see some of his swap pics on here that give you a few ideas.

I believe Archie offers a kit to put the 6-speed on most engines. I think he's already tested it on a 2.8 and a 4.9, so it should work on any engine with a Fiero bellhousing.
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Joe.

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 01-01-2007).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So I got off the phone with Joe, apparently everyone in the states needs a broker to get these packages into the states (which is retarded) I've heard prices from $65 to $350 in brokerage fees. Currently (after calling about 239847329 numbers) (and don't have the company written down) but Kanitra at 734-946-3040 seems like the best solution. I'm looking into it more and let you all know whats up.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
I never have expected to have this much trouble at the boarder. I provided a bill of sale, the NAFTA paper work and all shipping info. I first get a call this morning from customs Canadaian side asking ne if I have the peoples social insurance number? I said what do you need that for? She said for "US Home Land Security" to track the person that the shipment is going to. I replied thats bogus. In the past I never had to aske the customer for that info. She said the US has tighten security so hard, they want to track everything. Later on today I get another call from the same lady and now she's asking the reciver needs to have a Broker to clear the shipment. She gave me three numbers for me to forwad to the customers. Again what the hell is going on I said, I asked her what else do you need from me and the customer?

now I'm starting to look like a real Jack ASS... In the morning I'm going to find out from another source why they are trying to jerking me around.. Joseph and Marty please let me know whats happening. Another thing the other two tranny's that went to Buffalo boarder, I haven't heard anything yet from them??

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
That's so they can stop things like transmissions at the border and allow terrorists and explosives to freely pass. Dee-dee-dee

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Didn't these transmissions come from the US to begin with?

S. Williams

Mabye we should use Fed Ex air or UPS air.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I never recieved a consistant answer from the several brokers that I talked to as they were in a hurry to get out of the office for new years weekend. Basically, the transmissions are going to Buffalo NY where they'll be inspected, or whatever they do to them. From what I understand there are several fees, first being the brokers fee. This is dependant upon the broker and so far I've found the cheapest of $65 (and the most expensive of $350) On top of this there is the possibility of duties. This can be waved since America has a free trade agreement with Canada, but in order to get this, it must be made present that the product was produced in Canada. As I said, I'm a little vague, but I can fill you all in on tuesday.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
OKAY, I'm currently on the phone with Day & Ross. As of yesterday the two trannys that passed through Buffalo NY were cleared by "FED X" so by Jan. 2nd Joseph Guerra and Tom Corey will recive their shippment. have the new FedX tracking number's. Now I asked why I had no problems with these two but having all sort of issues with the Michigan boarder??? I'm still on hold with them..

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:...I first get a call this morning from customs Canadaian side asking ne if I have the peoples social insurance number? I said what do you need that for? She said for "US Home Land Security" to track the person that the shipment is going to...

That would be "Social Security number".
I remember when I ordered a set of rims and tires from Tire Trends in BC, I had to supply my SSN, as well.

FWIW...
The sale price was ~$1150. Purolator/DHL handled the shipping.
I paid a grand total of $132.76 in "fees", including:
$39.76 - US Customs Duty (estimated)
$25.00 - US Customs Merchandise Processing Fee
$18.00 - Brokerage Fee
$30.00 - Surety Bond Fee
$ 5.00 - Disbursement / Advancing of Funds
$15.00 - Process DOT Data

Get ready for them to "pile on" the charges. Bastages.

Joe,
Since many of these things are being sold to folks in the US, perhaps someone in the US could act as an agent for you. If you purchase any more of them, you could have them drop-shipped to them. That would help with all of the cross-border madness.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-29-2006).]

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
hmmm...
I knew i was gona be (The F-word!) by the swedish goverment, so i was kind of prepaired for it. (The price Joe puts on the manifest for item+shipping x 1.042 toll, and the sum x1.25 VAT. Total of about 30% on top of item+ shipping.) unless it's a "demo-sample" or "waranty-repair".
Looks like the terrorists made sure you guys will be (The F-word again.) just as good.
You need to find a way to get them across the border, and ship them from there.

Fiero1Fan had all nice things to say about the costums ppl to when he flew in to Gothenburg from Frankfurt the 19'th.. LoooL
Costums confiscated all the softdrinks he bought for him and his son, then they had to buy botles looking exactly the same for 5x the price inside the "tax-free" area.
(The terrorists they captured in London a while ago, tryed to bring liquid explosives omboard the planes. Hence no more drink's in handbagage.)
I wich i would have gotten a pic of him when he told me the story. He looked upset alright. I remember the words "ripped of" being repeated a fiew times.

[This message has been edited by Kristian V (edited 12-29-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
Too bad I didn't know about Archie's 6-spd sale before this
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone managed to get this trans to work with a northstar?
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

Has anyone managed to get this trans to work with a northstar?

I have two motors out back, one with a 5 speed the other head gasket problem, I also have a 3.5L Short star maybe I should try to see if it will fit?

Joe

Looks like I'll be left with a bunch of tranny's with that new G6 post...

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry but that's your fault. If you had communicated as well after the $$$ started coming in, as you did before it started coming in. Then I wouldn't have worried about wether you could make the deal happen. So I went out and made my own arraingements.

A little better communication & a few warm fuzzies & I wouldn't have been out looking to do my own buy.

Archie
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kristian V:

hmmm...
I knew i was gona be (The F-word!) by the swedish goverment, so i was kind of prepaired for it. (The price Joe puts on the manifest for item+shipping x 1.042 toll, and the sum x1.25 VAT. Total of about 30% on top of item+ shipping.) unless it's a "demo-sample" or "waranty-repair".
Looks like the terrorists made sure you guys will be (The F-word again.) just as good.
You need to find a way to get them across the border, and ship them from there.

Fiero1Fan had all nice things to say about the costums ppl to when he flew in to Gothenburg from Frankfurt the 19'th.. LoooL
Costums confiscated all the softdrinks he bought for him and his son, then they had to buy botles looking exactly the same for 5x the price inside the "tax-free" area.
(The terrorists they captured in London a while ago, tryed to bring liquid explosives omboard the planes. Hence no more drink's in handbagage.)
I wich i would have gotten a pic of him when he told me the story. He looked upset alright. I remember the words "ripped of" being repeated a fiew times.

Sounds like it should have been sent to you as a first demo-sample for swedish use
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post

I have two motors out back, one with a 5 speed the other head gasket problem, I also have a 3.5L Short star maybe I should try to see if it will fit?

Joe

Yah bolt one up and have a look

I'm in Winnipeg, so all that Shipping border BS wouldn't be a problem

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

Yah bolt one up and have a look

I'm in Winnipeg, so all that Shipping border BS wouldn't be a problem

I'll try the N* first, since its easier to get to.... I'll also take some pictures too.

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
I received my 6 speed transaxle from Joe this morning. Everything looks fine. Now all I have to do is install it - but that's the fun part.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8 - NOS

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

I received my 6 speed transaxle from Joe this morning. Everything looks fine. Now all I have to do is install it - but that's the fun part.

Good to hear you got it okay...

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors