Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  G6 6 speed low low price...see inside...pic's (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
G6 6 speed low low price...see inside...pic's by Team Race-Tech
Started on: 11-20-2006 05:44 PM
Replies: 242
Last post by: FieroBrad87 on 04-14-2008 07:52 AM
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:
2006 F40 (MT2)
Type: transverse front wheel drive, six
speed manual transaxle
Engine range: 3.9L
Maximum engine torque: 245 lb-ft ( 333 Nm )
Maximum gearbox torque: 295 lb-ft ( 400 Nm )
Gear ratios: MT2
First: 3.77
Second: 2.04
Third: 1.32
Fourth: 0.95
Fifth: 0.76
Sixth: 0.62
Reverse: 3.54
Final Drive 3.55

Joe

Interesting gear ratios... with stock diameter GT tires (25.1") the car will cruise at 70 mph at slightly under 2100 rpm in 6th gear; or 70 at 2500 in 5th gear. Almost identical to my Dodge Stealth twin turbo with 6 speed trans. Should be an excellent transmission for a relatively low rpm engine. .

Theoretical speed (without regard to aerodynamic drag) would be 203 mph at 6000 rpm. Of course, tire size (diameter) will affect these numbers.

Makes me wonder what the gear ratios are on the Saab 6 speed that is mated to the turbo Ecotec. That engine should be good for 7500 rpm or more. See:
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?year=2007&make=Saab&model=9-3&trimid=-1
------------------
FierOmar

[This message has been edited by FierOmar (edited 11-24-2006).]

IP: Logged
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So heres the list I have of people who said they would be in.

Fiero1fan
jack x2
Animal
RandomTask (me)
ctfierogt87
KristianV
TGorief8891
rickady88gt
Archie
kissmyssfiero
sourmug
speedstreet
ceticars x2
hank is here

Thats a total of 16. We have enough interest to go through with this?
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

So heres the list I have of people who said they would be in.

Fiero1fan
jack x2
Animal
RandomTask (me)
ctfierogt87
KristianV
TGorief8891
rickady88gt
Archie
kissmyssfiero
sourmug
speedstreet
ceticars x2
hank is here

Thats a total of 16. We have enough interest to go through with this?

Where do you want a deposit sent?
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone, sorry I have been catching up on some work here. I have made several phone call's to Day $ Ross Trucking for pricing on shipping to some of you. It looks the average price is $220 u.s. to a buisness address. If you want this to go to a residential address the price goes up to $295.00 u.s. remember that it's being delivered by transport truck so going through a residential area makes it harder for them, thats what they are telling me. I'll call some other companies inthe morning. The list is almost complete with the names and quantaties. When I get home tonight I'll get cracking on the list.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance:
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, used Fiero parts, custom exhaust systems.
www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetech@bellnet.ca
Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
A quick question. Can anyone tell me how suitable is the G6 gearing for a 3.4 DOHC?

Thanks
Nolan
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to mention, I have just set up a paypal account. Once the registration goes through and the account is active ( in a couple of days) then we can start the first order of ten tranny's. I'll keep you all up to date on this.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, used Fiero parts, custom exhaust systems.
www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

thecage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joe

I didn't see my name on that list. I believe I was around number 6 or 7. (I saw Joe in person the other day when he mentioned to me and I told him I was in)

Gabe

------------------

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thecage:

Hey Joe

I didn't see my name on that list. I believe I was around number 6 or 7. (I saw Joe in person the other day when he mentioned to me and I told him I was in)

Gabe

Gabe, I have you down on my list, I'll be posting a list with all your names and the quantay your ordering.

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I've got a sneaking hunch that 10 isn't going to cover the demand!
GymBrent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GymBrentSend a Private Message to GymBrentDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent, I'm in if still available.
FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:
A quick question. Can anyone tell me how suitable is the G6 gearing for a 3.4 DOHC?

Thanks
Nolan

First 5 gears are very close to the Fiero Getrag. 6th is pure overdirve. If your engine is happier at 2500 rpm as opposed to 2000 rpm, you probably do not need this trans. See my post above.

------------------
FierOmar

PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the answer.

Nolan
fresnofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fresnofieroSend a Private Message to fresnofieroDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you'd do another order of ten soon.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fresnofiero:

Any chance you'd do another order of ten soon.

I have made a call yesterday nad asked that very same question... Yes I can get another ten more.

I have a problem with my computer at work, it crashed. So in order for me to send replies and or give you up dates will take a little longer. I think starting on Monday Novermber the 27th I can start taking in payment on the transmissions, I'll confirm where to send the funds to also payment will be made by PayPal... Over this weekend I'll send everone a PM telling them the total amount shipped. Once I have recived from the first TEN then I'll make a list for the next TEN. For those who want more than one please let me know, I can group them on one shippment and the cost will be less per tranny.

Have all a Happy Thanks Giving..

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Just waiting for your email on the costs. PM sent.
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in one, but what shifter would you use? There are only 4spd and 5spd ones that will bolt up to the fiero. I couldn't possibly see myself fabricating the shifter assembly
KissMySSFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
are you limited to 10 on the first order? Or are they selling them in lots of 10?
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

I would be interested in one, but what shifter would you use? There are only 4spd and 5spd ones that will bolt up to the fiero. I couldn't possibly see myself fabricating the shifter assembly

The fiero shifter isn't gated. The resistence you feel is actually from the transmission shift forks, sent through the cable.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 11-24-2006).]

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

are you limited to 10 on the first order? Or are they selling them in lots of 10?

I'll be selling them as lots of ten (10)..

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Joe, I sent you a PM.
3.4Turbo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
I sent an email on11/22 and a PM today. Please put me down for one the G6 6 spd trannys. Thanks.

John Ivanoff
11516 S. Hudson
Tulsa,OK 74137
JIvanoff1957@msn.com
918 299-8314
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Sign me in for one. But I still don't understand your 10 order limit. I would think that buying 15 would be cheaper than 10.
bluefiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bluefieroSend a Private Message to bluefieroDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had enough money to buy one... I just blew my 5 speed izuzu last night on my turbo 3.4. Anyone buying one of these 6 speeds have a 5 speed they are lookin to get rid of??? :-D
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
I"ve got about 19 people on a list, or i should say 19 tranny's comitted, plus one for my self. If anyone is looking to get more than one shipped to one address the price will be cheaper per tranny. Anyone is also welcome to pick one two or more up if they don't mind driving... I would like to order them by the end of next week.

I'm wondering how many people have done this swap other than Archie, has anyone done one other than a V8? I'll be doing two 3800 swaps with the 6 speed, I would like to know what I need toget befor I start. does anyone have an idea how to make the speedo sensor to work with the fiero stock gauge.

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Our New 6-Speed Fiero Transmission Conversion Kit allows you to mount the new Pontiac G6 6 speed transmission into any stick shift Pontiac Fiero.

In 2006 Pontiac introduced a new to the U.S. 6 Speed Manual transmission in the front wheel drive G6. This new transmission is a FWD transaxle much like the manual transmissions in the Fiero. As you may know, we’ve been selling & installing V-8 Conversion Kits for the Fiero for nearly 20 years now. It’s only a “natural” for us to want to try to fit that new 6 speed into a Fiero.

We’ve now designed a kit to enable this new 6 speed to be installed into all stick shift Fieros. If you have a stock Fiero engine or a SBC engine swap or anything in between, we have a kit that will allow you to install the 6 speed. As you might know we do a lot of Chevy V-8 conversions here & have a lot of customers out there with SBC’s in their cars. The SBC version of our 6 speed conversion allows the SBC guys to use all of the major parts of their original V-8 conversion when retro-fitting the 6 speed.

The G6 6 speed is just ¼” longer that the Fiero Getrag transmission. The end of the trans that is the closest to the left side frame rail is larger in profile because that transmission has 3 gear shafts instead of the Fiero’s 2 shafts.

The G6 just started using the 6 speed in 2006, so you don’t see a lot of them in the salvage yards yet. They are available now at your local GM dealer parts department. As you will see, a large part of the total cost of the swap is the G6 specific parts. The swap can be very affordable if you can obtain these parts at a salvage yard.

In addition to the transmission this swap requires several other G6 driveline parts. We have 2 versions of the 6 speed conversion kit. The Economy 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes all of the custom parts that it takes to complete the conversion & allows you to buy the needed G6 parts on your own. The Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes all parts in the Economy kit plus all of the new G6 parts that are needed.

The Economy 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes these parts: At one point or another, you will need all of the following parts to complete the swap.

Custom Length Left side axle
Custom Length Right side axle
Mounting for Intermediate Shaft Bearing (specify engine being used)
V-8 Archie Stage III F-2 Clutch
Flywheel Friction Plate (specify engine being used)
LSx (see note A)
LSx (see note A)
Forward Transmission Mount (specify engine being used)
Rear Transmission Mount
6 Speed Shift Cable Mounting Brackets
Clutch Line Adapter

The price for the Economy 6 Speed Conversion Kit is $1724.00

The Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit includes the Economy Kit & all of these additional parts:
6 Speed G6 Transmission
Intermediate Shaft for 6 Speed G6 Transmission (see note B)
Left Side G6 Axle Assembly (see note C)
Right Side G6 Axle Assembly (see note C)
G6 Hyd. Clutch Line Fitting (from G6 Master Cylinder Assembly)
Dakota Digital SGI-5

The price for the Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit is. $5121.00

Note A. When doing the 6 speed swap to a LSx engine, you will also need these parts:
LSx Forward Right Engine Mount
LSx Right Rear Engine Mount
The price for these LSx specific parts is $235.00.

Note B. If you are obtaining this part on your own, it will be necessary for you to send it to us so we can do a LSx specific modification & ship it back to you. Cost for this modification is $110.00.

Note C. If you are obtaining this part on your own, it will be necessary for you to send it to us so we can Pre-assemble it for you & ship it back to you.

Note: You will need to use a modified 4 speed Fiero shifter to complete this swap. If you send your shifter to us, we will make the modifications & send it back to you for $ 150.00.

Note: You will need to use 2 Fiero Getrag Select Cables on this swap. (we recommend using new cables from Rodney Dickman) 1 of them remains unmodified. The other Select Cable needs to be modified. You can send that cable to us & we’ll do the modification for $80.00 or we can provide a new modified cable for $240.00.

Note: If you are also getting a quote for a V-8 engine swap kit, some of these parts are redundant with parts supplied in that kit, so the prices will be reduced accordingly.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Archie
Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The price for the Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit is. $5121.00

Is that for real, or a typo?

EDIT: I missed a smal detail. The G6 trany was in the list to. So i guess the price is right. Sorry!

[This message has been edited by Kristian V (edited 11-26-2006).]

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
V-8 Archie Stage III F-2 Clutch

Is this what you call the Centerforce you sell?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Correct, if you are supplying your own transmission you're knocking about $2000 off of the kit price.

Archie

Originally posted by Kristian V:

Is that for real, or a typo?

EDIT: I missed a smal detail. The G6 trany was in the list to. So i guess the price is right. Sorry!

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post

Correct, if you are supplying your own transmission you're knocking about $2000 off of the kit price.

Archie

Just woundering if some one also supplied there own flywheel and clutch, what would the price drop down to??

Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

flames4me

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flames4meSend a Private Message to flames4meDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:
Just woundering if some one also supplied there own flywheel and clutch, what would the price drop down to??

Joe

im curiuos about the same thing, i have a newer spec stage III right now with my v8 swap, would this work woth the 6 speed?

------------------
1986 Silver 5 speed Fiero 3.4 DOHC
Bored .30, Fully balanced and blueprinted
13* retard exhaust cam, FFP UDP, much more.
13.93@101mph as it is on the street

355/400hp sbc, 4 bolt main
spec stage 3, and many other extras.
87 GT 5-speed Getrag, power everything.

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Ok, It's Monday morning and I have my PayPal account set up. This is the list of people that are still commited in purchasing one or more of the 6 speed tranny's. Here goes:

1. Fiero1Fan ( Timo ) qty. ( 4 )
2. AnimalGT ( Scott ) ( 1 )
3. AutoTech ( Mark ) ( 1 )
4. CTfieroGT87 ( Christian ) ( 1 )
5. WisconsinGT ( name? ) ( 1 )
6. Randomtask ( Joseph ) ( 1 )
7. Archie ( V8 Archie ) ( 2 ) or more ?
8. ( Ian ) from BC Canada ( 1 )
9. 3.4Turbo ( John ) ( 1 )
10. KissMyssFiero ( Joe ) ( 1 )
11. GToreif8891 ( Tom ) ( 1 )
12. Dratts ( name ? ) ( 1 )
13. GymBrent ( Brent ) ( 1 )
14. MP5Na3 ( David ) ( 1 )

**If I left anyone out please let me know**

As you can see I have a QTY. of 18 on this list, If I have missed anyone please let me know, over the weekend I had some people back out. I will more than likely order 20 tranny's and have a couple left over, thats ok I could use one myself....hehe.. If anyone knows the procedure to accept PayPal please let me know ( PM me with info) also I would like to order these within the next day or two.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

[This message has been edited by Team Race-Tech (edited 11-27-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flames4me:

im curiuos about the same thing, i have a newer spec stage III right now with my v8 swap, would this work woth the 6 speed?

I've designed the 6 speed kit to be as in-expensive as possible. As such I've made it so that you can use the Flywheel you already have. If you have one of my V-8 kits, I already know everything I need to know about the F/W you have. If you have a 2.8 V-6 (or 3.4 that uses the 2.8 F/W) or a Ed Parks 4.9 type F/W I also know what I need to know about the F/W you have. Those that have the 3.8's & the NStars will have to provide me some information & dimensions on the flywheel they are using.

The friction plate we use is proprietary & will be/is part of the kit.

A clutch that will fit a stock Fiero transmission will not work. The spline count for the input shaft on the 6 speed is not the same as the Fiero. You can supply your own clutch but it's important to note the finger height is very important for the following reason. The F40 transmission uses a hydraulic TOB (Throw Out Bearing) & it's very important that you get the finger height in exactly the right place. If the fingers are too high or too low, you'll be buying a new TOB & you're not going to like that. The bad part is that if you blow the TOB, you get to take the car all apart to replace it. It happened to me during proto-typing & it wasn't fun.

I hope that helps to answer most of the questions I've been asked so far.

Archie
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Archie - You have a kit for the 3800? how bout you tell me the flywheel to use, and i'll go with that

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 11-27-2006).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
Oh, and Joe, PM sent
RacerX11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacerX11Send a Private Message to RacerX11Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
1. Fiero1Fan ( Timo ) qty. ( 4 )
2. AnimalGT ( Scott ) ( 1 )
3. AutoTech ( Mark ) ( 1 )
4. CTfieroGT87 ( Christian ) ( 1 )
5. WisconsinGT ( name? ) ( 1 )
6. Randomtask ( Joseph ) ( 1 )
7. Archie ( V8 Archie ) ( 2 ) or more ?
8. ( Ian ) from BC Canada ( 1 )
9. 3.4Turbo ( John ) ( 1 )
10. KissMyssFiero ( Joe ) ( 1 )
11. GToreif8891 ( Tom ) ( 1 )
12. Dratts ( name ? ) ( 1 )
13. GymBrent ( Brent ) ( 1 )
14. MP5Na3 ( David ) ( 1 )
15. Racerx11 ( Marty ) ( 1 )

My Paypal email account is ** racetech@bellnet.ca ** confirm with me that you have paid for the tranny, when I'm ready to ship I'll ask for shippment payment then or you can pay all at once it's up to you.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

www.racetechauto.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Archie - You have a kit for the 3800? how bout you tell me the flywheel to use, and i'll go with that

I don't make F/W's for 3800's. Flywheels don't come with the 6 speed kits. For the 3800 & NStar guys, you guys have to use whatever F/W that is uausally used with stick shift versions of those engines. Then provide me with a couple dimensions from those setups & I'll fix you up with what you'll need.

Archie
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

I don't make F/W's for 3800's. Flywheels don't come with the 6 speed kits. For the 3800 & NStar guys, you guys have to use whatever F/W that is uausally used with stick shift versions of those engines. Then provide me with a couple dimensions from those setups & I'll fix you up with what you'll need.

Archie

That would be a flywheel from a '96 camaro. Just send you the flywheel, unmachined, and you could take care of it?
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I did not see a price for install (labor). It looks like the total for an "out-the-door" conversion on a factory 2.8 manual fiero ( customer supplies car + G6 trans), would be about $2000 + labor ?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Archie, I did not see a price for install (labor). It looks like the total for an "out-the-door" conversion on a factory 2.8 manual fiero ( customer supplies car + G6 trans), would be about $2000 + labor ?

Well almost, In the pricing I posted above..... "The price for the Master 6 Speed Conversion Kit is. $5121.00" That price includes $1800.00 for the transmission (yeah $1800 so this sale he has here is a sweet deal). So with you supplying the trans it would be $3321.00. Labor, cleaning, painting, inspecting & test driving would be $1800 to $2200 depending on what condition your engine compartment, cradle etc. is in to start out with.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock