Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Japan's nuke problems--what's happening?--conflicting reports. (Page 56)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
Previous Page | Next Page
Japan's nuke problems--what's happening?--conflicting reports. by maryjane
Started on: 03-12-2011 09:14 AM
Replies: 2526
Last post by: 8Ball on 10-25-2013 05:04 PM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Your scientist's study claiming 430 deaths from TMI are well outside the accepted scientific community's assessment.

You are correct (for once). The study does not even come close to my threshold for acceptance.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 01-28-2012).]

IP: Logged
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

It was a research project for power at military outposts.

The fact that lessons learned from it were also implemented in commercial power plants should be praised, not attacked.

It clearly was NOT a research project for the commercial nuclear power industry.

Even a wacko liberal like yourself should think the nuclear power companies should design their reactors to as robust as possible.

This is what I said..

"However, it was a research program for power generation, and most likely instrumental to the commercial nuclear program." So I can't even figure out your rabid rambling.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Five Japan committees keep no disaster records

(AFP) – 1 day ago

TOKYO — Five government teams dealing with Japan's tsunami and nuclear catastrophes kept no detailed records, an official said on Friday, adding to a growing picture of chaos in Tokyo's disaster response.

Earlier this week the government said the nuclear disaster task force that ordered tens of thousands of evacuations had no written record of its decision-making process -- an essential component of disaster management.

Now the government has admitted having no minutes from a further four emergency committees, an admission likely to worsen the view of Tokyo's response to the world's worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.

The five emergency bodies include the main disaster headquarters and the disaster victims assistance team, as well as the nuclear disaster task force, which was headed by then Prime Minister Naoto Kan and included all of his ministers.

These three committees failed to keep even brief summaries of their meetings, while two other task forces have only partial summaries.

Such records are usually thought of as essential for careful and coherent planning to mitigate the impact of future disasters.

Several other emergency committees kept only summaries of their meetings, leaving blanks in the record of how top officials addressed the aftermath of the tsunami and the atomic accident it spawned at Fukushima as reactors went into meltdown, spewing radiation over a wide area.

Deputy Prime Minister Katsuya Okada has instructed ministers to create summaries of the meetings by the end of February, an official at the Cabinet Office said.

Okada plans to hold a press conference later Friday to explain how the government failed to keep the records, the official said.

Kazuhiro Hayakawa, associate professor of administrative law at Omiya Law School said the lack of a written record was "ridiculous" and almost certainly a contravention of the legal requirement to keep minutes.

"No matter how much of an emergency it was, it is absurd that they did not keep records of the meetings, which were no doubt subject to the Archive Management Law" requiring a written record, he said.

"I doubt it was intentional on the part of the government. But I suspect government officials lacked a clear chain of command to order the creation of the records.

"This failure has deprived us of the possibility of studying what exactly happened" immediately after the disaster, he said.

Opposition parties leapt on the admission, calling it an example of the inexperience of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.

"This is symbolic of the recklessness of the government," said Hirofumi Nakasone of the leading opposition Liberal Democratic Party.

http://www.google.com/hoste...a49598e69c7d1764.6a1
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Friday, January 27, 2012
#Fukushima I Nuke Plant: Full of Untrained, Migrant Workers, TEPCO Says Subcontractors Are Supposed to Train Them

Tokyo Shinbun is a regional newspaper covering Kanto region of Japan. It has been reporting on the Fukushima accident and resultant radiation contamination in a more honest and comprehensive manner than any national newspaper. (Their only shortcoming is that their links don't seem to last for more than a week.)

Their best coverage on the subject, though, is not available digitally but only in the printed version of the newspaper. But no worry, as there is always someone who transcribes the article and post it on the net for anyone to see.

In the 2nd half of the January 27 article, Tokyo Shinbun details what kind of workers are currently working at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant: migrant workers young (in their 20's) and not so young (in their 60's), untrained, $100 a day. Some of them cannot even read and write.

From Tokyo Shinbun (1/27/2012):

(The first half of the article is asbout Mr. Osumi, the first worker to die in May last year after the plant "recovery" work started. About him and his Thai wife, please read my post from July 11, 2011.)

■低賃金

Low wages

大角ã•ã‚“ã®æ­»å› ã¨è¢«æ›ã®é–¢ä¿‚ã¯ä¸æ˜Žã ãŒã€äº‹æ•…åŽæŸç¾å ´ã®åŠ´åƒè€…ã«ã¨ã£ã¦æœ€ã‚‚懸念ã•ã‚Œã‚‹ã®ã¯è¢«æ›ã ã€‚ãã®ç·šé‡é™åº¦ã¯æ˜¨å¹´å二月åå…­æ—¥ã€é€šå¸¸æ™‚ã®ã€Œä¸€å¹´ã§äº”〇ミリシーベルトã€ã€Œäº”å¹´ã§ä¸€ã €‡ã€‡ãƒŸãƒªã‚·ãƒ¼ãƒ™ãƒ«ãƒˆã€ã«æˆ»ã•ã‚ŒãŸã€‚野田首相ã®ã€Œäº‹æ•…åŽæŸã€å®£è¨€ã‚’å—ã‘ã¦ã®æŽªç½®ã ã€‚

The relationship between the cause of Mr. Osumi's death and radiation exposure is unknown. However, it is still the radiation exposure that is most worrisome for the workers who work at Fukushima I Nuke Plant to wind down the accident. The radiation exposure limit was lowered back to the normal "maximum 50 millisieverts per year" and "100 millisieverts in 5 years" on December 16 last year. It was done on the declaration of "the end of the accident" by Prime Minister Noda that day.

é™åº¦é‡ã¯äº‹æ•…直後ã€ç‰¹ä¾‹ã¨ã—ã¦äºŒäº”〇ミリシーベルトã¸ã¨ä¸€æ°—ã«å¼•ã上ã’られãŸã€‚厚生労åƒçœã¯å½“時ã€å›½éš›åŸºæº–ã§ã®é‡å¤§äº‹æ•…時ã®è¢«æ›é™åº¦ãŒäº”〇〇ミリシーベルトã§ã‚ã‚‹ã“ã¨ãªã©ã‚’根拠ã«æŒ™ã ’ãŸãŒã€ç‹™ã„ã¯å»¶ã¹ä½œæ¥­æ™‚間や作業員数ã®å¢—加ã«ã‚ˆã‚‹äº‹æ•…処ç†ã®è¿…速化ã ã£ãŸã€‚

The radiation exposure limit was raised to 250 millisieverts per year right after the accident, as a special measure. The Ministry of Health and Labor argued that the number was based on the international standard for a severe accident which was 500 millisieverts. But the real purpose was to increase the number of hours that can be put in by the workers and to increase the number of workers to promptly wind down the accident.

ãã‚ŒãŒã€Œäº‹æ•…åŽæŸã€ã‚’アピールã—ãŸã„首相ã®æ€æƒ‘ã‚‚ã‚ã£ã¦ã€é€šå¸¸æ™‚ã®åŸºæº–ã«æˆ»ã•ã‚ŒãŸã€‚

However, as the prime minister wanted to appeal "the end of the accident", the limit was lowered back to the normal limit.

æ±é›»ã«ã‚ˆã‚Œã°ã€åŠ´åƒè€…ã®è¢«æ›ç·šé‡ã¯äº‹æ•…直後ã«ã¯äºŒäº”〇ミリシーベルトを越ãˆã‚‹ã‚±ãƒ¼ã‚¹ã‚‚ã‚ã£ãŸãŒã€å››æœˆä»¥é™ã¯ä¸€ã€‡ã€‡ãƒŸãƒªã‚·ãƒ¼ãƒ™ãƒ«ãƒˆä»¥å†…ã§æŽ¨ç§»ã—ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã¨ã„ã†ã€‚

According to TEPCO, the radiation exposure levels of workers exceeded [annualized?] 250 millisieverts in some cases right after the accident, but since April it has been within 100 millisieverts.

ãŸã ã€ç¾å ´ã®å£°ã¯å®‰å…¨ç®¡ç†ã¸ã®ä¸å®‰ã§æº¢ã‚Œã¦ã„る。下請ã‘労åƒè€…ã®ä¸€äººã¯ã“ã†èªžã£ãŸã€‚

However, the workers voice concerns over the safety management. One of the subcontract workers told the newspaper:

「今ã€ç¾å ´ã®ä¸ƒå‰²ã¯å…¨å›½ã‹ã‚‰ã®å‡ºç¨¼ãŽåŠ´åƒè€…らã§ã€å¤§åŠãŒåŽŸç™ºä½œæ¥­ã®åˆå¿ƒè€…。賃金ã¯æ—¥çµ¦ã§å…«åƒå††ã‹ã‚‰ä¸€ä¸‡ä¸‰åƒå††ã»ã©ã€‚年齢層ã¯å°±è·é›£ã®äºŒå代ã¨ä»–ã®ç¾å ´ã‚’『å’業ã€ã—ãŸå…­å代ãŒå¤šã„ã€

"Right now, 70% of workers at the plant are migrant contract workers from all over Japan. Most of them have never worked at nuke plants before. The pay is 8000 yen to 13,000 yen [US$104 to $170] per day. Most of them are either in their 20s who are finding it difficult to land on any job, or in their 60s who have "graduated" from the previous jobs."

安全管ç†ã«ã¤ã„ã¦ã¯ã€ŒåŽŸç™ºã§åƒãå‰ã«å—ã‘ãªãã¦ã¯ãªã‚‰ãªã„『管ç†åŒºåŸŸå…¥åŸŸå‰æ•™è‚²ã€ã¯å„€å¼ã®ã‚ˆã†ãªã‚‚ã®ã€‚テキストã«æ›¸ã„ã¦ã‚る想定ã¨éžå¸¸äº‹æ…‹ã®ç¾å ´ãŒä¸€è‡´ã—ãªã„。字ã®èª­ã‚ãªã„å—講者も㠄ãŸãŒã€æœ€å¾Œã®ãƒšãƒ¼ãƒ‘ーテストã¯èª°ã‹ãŒä»£ã‚ã‚Šã«æ›¸ã込んã§ã„ãŸã€ã¨è©±ã™ã€‚

As to the safety management, he said, "Before you start working at a nuclear power plant, you have to go through the "training before entering radiation control area". But in reality the training is ceremonial. The assumptions in the textbook do not match the real job site in an emergency situation. There were some who could not read, but someone else filled in the test for them at the end of the training."

■休む場所ã§ã€€æ¯Žæ™‚12マイクロシーベルト

12 microsieverts/hour in the rest area

「ãã®å¾Œã€ç¾å ´ã«å‡ºã‚‹ãŒã€æ”¾å°„ç·šé‡ãŒé«˜ã„ã¨ã“ã‚ã§ç·šé‡ã‚’測りã¤ã¤ã€ä½œæ¥­å“¡ã«è­¦å‘Šã€æŒ‡ç¤ºã™ã‚‹æ”¾å°„線管ç†å“¡ã®æ•°ãŒè¶³ã‚Šãªã„。åŽæŸã®ç¾å ´ã ã‹ã‚‰ä½œæ¥­å“¡ãŒå¤šã™ãŽã‚‹ã€‚ãã®ã›ã„ã‚‚ã‚ã‚Šã€å±é™ºãªå ´æ ‰€ã§ã‚‚マスクを脱ã„ã ã‚Šã€ä¸€æœã—ã¦ã„る作業員もã„る。内部被æ›ãŒå¿ƒé…ã ã€

"Then the workers start working at the site. But there are not enough radiation control personnel who measure radiation levels in the high-radiation locations, and warn and instruct the workers. There are too many workers because the nature of the work is to wind down the accident. There are workers who take off their masks or who smoke even in the dangerous [high radiation] locations. I'm worried for their internal radiation exposures."

å¼å½“を食ã¹ãŸã‚Šã€å–«ç…™ã™ã‚‹å ´æ‰€ã§ã‚‚ã€æ¯Žæ™‚å二マイクロシーベルトã®æ”¾å°„ç·šé‡ãŒã‚‹ã¨ã„ã†ã€‚「作業員åŒå£«ã§ã¯ç·šé‡ã®è©±ã¯ã—ãªã„。ã—ã¦ã‚‚仕方ãŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰ã­ã€

In the rest area where the workers eat lunch and smoke, the radiation level is 12 microsieverts/hour. "Among workers, we don't talk about radiation levels. There's no point."

ã“ã®ä½œæ¥­å“¡ã¯ã€Œä»Šã¯å…¨å›½ã‹ã‚‰ä½œæ¥­å“¡ã‚’ã‹ã集ã‚ã¦ã„ã‚‹ãŒã€å¤ã«ã¯è¶³ã‚Šãªããªã‚‹ã¨æ¥­è€…ã®è¦ªæ–¹ãŸã¡ã¯çš†ã€è¨€ã£ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã€ã¨æ¼ã‚‰ã—ãŸã€‚地元ã®å»ºè¨­æ¥­è€…ã‚‚ãã®ã“ã¨ã‚’èªã‚る。

The worker divulged to us, "For now, they've managed to get workers from all over Japan. But there won't be enough workers by summer, all bosses at the employment agencies say so." Local construction companies also admit [to the scarcity of workers by summer.]

「長年ã€ç¦å³¶åŽŸç™ºã«æºã‚ã£ã¦ããŸåœ°å…ƒæ¥­è€…ã¯ç¾åœ¨ã€ç¬¬ä¸€åŽŸç™ºã«ã¯è¡Œã‹ãªã„。å±ãªã„ã—ã€åŽŸç™ºä»¥å¤–ã«ã‚‚仮設ä½å®…建設ãªã©ã®ä»•äº‹ãŒã‚ã‚‹ã‹ã‚‰ã ã€‚全国ã®åŽŸç™ºã‚’渡り歩ãè·äººãŸã¡ã‚‚ç¦å³¶ç¬¬ä¸€ã¯é¿ã‘ã ¦ã„る。賃金ãŒç‰¹åˆ¥è‰¯ã„ã‚ã‘ã§ã‚‚ãªã„ã®ã«ã€ã‚ã–ã‚ã–高ã„ç·šé‡ã‚’é™ç•Œã¾ã§æµ´ã³ã¦ã€ä»–ã§ä½œæ¥­ã™ã‚‹æ©Ÿä¼šã‚’失ã„ãŸããªã„ã‹ã‚‰ã ã€‚素人中心ã§ä½œæ¥­ã‚’ã—ã¦ã„ã‚‹ãŒã€æ—©æ™©ã€äººæ供給も途切れã¦ãã‚‹ã ã‚ ã†ã€

"Local contractors who have been involved in the work at Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant do not work there any more. It's dangerous, and there are jobs other than at the nuke plant, such as construction of temporary housing. The professional migrant workers who hop from one nuclear plant to another all over Japan avoid Fukushima I Nuke Plant. The pay is not particularly good, so what is the point of getting high radiation to the max allowed and losing the opportunity to work in other nuclear plants? So, it's mostly amateurs who work at the plant right now. Sooner or later, the supply of workers will dry up."

æ±é›»ã®åºƒå ±æ‹…当者ã¯ä¸‹è«‹ã‘作業員ã®åŠ´åƒç’°å¢ƒã‚„賃金水準ã«ã¤ã„ã¦ã€Œå…ƒè«‹ã‘ä¼æ¥­ãŒé©åˆ‡ãªæŒ‡å°Žã‚’ã—ã¦ã„ã‚‹ã¨æ€ã†ã€ã¨èª¬æ˜Žã™ã‚‹ã€‚作業員ã®ç¢ºä¿ã«ã¤ã„ã¦ã¯ã€Œç¾æ™‚点ã§ä½œæ¥­å“¡ã®æ•°ã«æ”¯éšœã¯å‡ºã¦ã„ãªã „。今後も作業状æ³ã«å¿œã˜å¿…è¦ãªäººå“¡ã‚’確ä¿ã—ã¦ã„ãã€ã¨å¼·èª¿ã™ã‚‹ã€‚

As to the working conditions and wage levels of the subcontract workers, TEPCO's PR person explains, "We believe the subcontracting companies are providing appropriate guidance." As to securing the workers, he emphasizes that "there is no problem at this point in sourcing enough workers. We will secure necessary workers depending on how the work progresses."

ã—ã‹ã—ã€åŽŸç™ºåŠ´åƒè€…ã®å¥åº·å•é¡Œã«å–り組む飯田å‹æ³°ãƒ»æ±äº¬åŠ´åƒå®‰å…¨è¡›ç”Ÿã‚»ãƒ³ã‚¿ãƒ¼äº‹å‹™å±€é•·ã¯ã€ŒåŠ´åƒè€…ãŸã¡ã¯å±é™ºãªç’°å¢ƒã§åƒã‹ã•ã‚Œã¦ã„る。賃金水準ã¯ãƒ€ã‚¦ãƒ³ã—ä¸æ‰•ã„ã‚‚èµ·ãã¦ã„る。人員確ä¿ã Œé›£ã—ã„状æ³ã«ãªã‚Šã¤ã¤ã‚ã‚‹ã€ã¨æŒ‡æ‘˜ã™ã‚‹ã€‚

However, Katsuyasu Iida, Director General of Tokyo Occupational Safety and Health Center who have been dealing with the health problems of nuclear workers, points out, "Workers are made to work in a dangerous environment. The wage levels are going down, and there are cases of non-payment. It is getting harder to secure the workers."

ã•ã‚‰ã«æ±é›»ã ã‘ã§ã¯å®‰å…¨ç®¡ç†ã¯å¾¹åº•ã•ã‚Œãªã„ã¨ã—ã€å›½ã«å¯¾ã—ã¦ã‚‚ã“ã†æ±‚ã‚ãŸã€‚「下請ã‘労åƒè€…ã‚’å«ã‚ãŸç®¡ç†ä½“制を作る必è¦ãŒã‚る。労åƒç’°å¢ƒã€åŠ´åƒæ¡ä»¶ã‚’徹底的ã«å®ˆã£ã¦ã„ã‹ãªã‘ã‚Œã°ã€ã„ã¤ç µ‚ã‚ã‚‹ã‹ã‚ã‹ã‚‰ãªã„事故åŽæŸä½œæ¥­ã«å¯¾å¿œã§ããªã„ã€

He also says the safety management cannot be fully enforced by TEPCO alone, and demands the national government to step in. "They need to come up with the management system that include the subcontract workers. Unless they secure the [safe] work environment and work conditions, they cannot deal with the restoration work that may continue for a long while."

※ デスクメモ ç¦å³¶ç¬¬ä¸€åŽŸç™ºã§ã®ä½œæ¥­å“¡ã¯å‘½æ‡¸ã‘ã ã€‚ãれを一日八åƒå††ã®å ±é…¬ã§ã“ãªã—ã¦ã„る労åƒè€…ãŸã¡ãŒã„る。æ±é›»ã«ç±ã®ã‚る「ãŠæŠ±ãˆè­°å“¡ã€ã¯å¹´åŽä¸€åƒä¸‡å††ä»¥ä¸Šã€‚原å­åŠ›ãƒ ãƒ©ã®å¤©ä¸‹ã‚Šå½¹å“¡ã Ÿã¡ã‚‚未ã ã«å¥åœ¨ã ã€‚脱原発ã¨ã¯å˜ãªã‚‹ã‚¨ãƒãƒ«ã‚®ãƒ¼å•é¡Œã§ã¯ãªã„。ã“ã†ã—ãŸã€Œä¸æ¡ç†ã€ã‚’放置ã™ã‚‹ã®ã‹å¦ã‹ã¨ã„ã†å•ã„ã§ã‚‚ã‚る。

Memo from the desk [at Tokyo Shinbun]: Workers at Fukushima I Nuke Plant are risking their lives. Some are doing it for 8000 yen per day. A councilman who also happens to work for TEPCO earns more than 10 million yen [US$130,000] per year. Executives who "descended from heaven" to cushy jobs in the "nuclear energy village" are alive and well. To move away from nuclear power generation is not just about energy issues. It is to question whether we will continue to ignore such "absurdity".

Well said. Everybody in the nuclear industry in Japan knew that the industry depended (still does) on migrant workers who were (still are) hired on the cheap thorough layer after layer of subcontracting companies. Thanks to the Fukushima I Nuclear Plant accident, now the general public know that. But there are plenty of those who are still comfortable with the nuclear power generated by the nuclear power plants maintained at the expense of such workers and see nothing wrong with it.

http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/...e-plant-full-of.html
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
JP Gov VS Japanese citizens
Posted by Mochizuki on January 27th, 2012 · 6 Comments

Posted by Mochizuki on January 27th, 2012 · 6 Comments

Following up this article ..JP Gov is planning to remove the antu-nuclear tent in front of METI

Japanese government was planning to remove the tents on 5 PM 1/27/2012.

To protect the tents, about 750 Japanese citizens gathered at the tents from 3 PM of the day.

Media and police came but because it became too busy, they could not remove the tents.

After all, staff from ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry did not even show up.

More than 10,000 viewers watched Niko niko live streaming, women from Fukushima, Fukushima farmers claimed,

“Fukushima is still hell of radiation. We will not forgive Tepco managers to spend their luxury lives.â€

It was almost like screaming. Anger and sympathy took over the place.

↓ At 3:30 PM. It’s already starting to be full of people.

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 2

↓At 4:00 PM, demonstration started.

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 3

↓A monk claims, it’s nuclear plants to remove. Not this tent.

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 4

↓More and more people attended.

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 5

↓Chant slogans to METI. (The board says, “Tepco compensate to people who evacuated spontaneously.â€(The right one) “Demise Tepcoâ€(The left one).)

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 6

↓A Fukushima farmer gave a speech. “Fukushima became Chernobyl.â€

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 7

↓Playing the traditional song and dance of Aizu Fukushima.

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 7

↓Demonstration ended at 6:00PM.

JP Gov VS Japanese citizens 8

↓A Fukushima farmer gave a speech.

He had his whole life destroyed.

Yet he can’t abandon their cattle.

I’m sorry for him. I can’t stop crying to watch it.

I guess this is enough to abandon all the nuclear power plants in the world.

He’s trying to find out the meaning of his collapsed life, but at the same time, he knows it’s already over too.

Nuclear took everything from him. This is the shout of the man who lost everything because of nuclear.

<Translation>

I’m the owner of the farm in Namie machi, where still 300 cattle are.
I live in 14 km area from Fukushima plants. I heard the explosion twice.
I saw the splashing ash and smoke with my own eyes.
I couldn’t abandon my cattle in the first week,.
On 3/17, I thought my cattle can no longer live long, made up mind going to Tokyo.
I came to Tepco’s head office with campaigner’s car on 3/18. I was the first one to do it in Fukushima.

Everyone, my cattle have no value as product. It’s zero. It’s completely meaningless to exist now.
They have been exposed to radiation, can’t sell them out anymore.
I told Tepco, I will definitely claim for damage.
and, pushing all the risk to self defense force and the Fire and Disaster Management Agency to settle it down, how dare you escape.
I claimed them as crying.

Stop Fukushima plants to die if necessary.
We need someone to die, someone must die to settle it down.

When I left my farm, I left a message,
Save our lives. This is our deadly struggle.
Unite.

Earthquake, Tsunami, and the nuclear plants to attack us.
Get fully prepared to die if necessary and try to settle it down.
We must fight, how dare you escape.
I still think so.

Now my cattle are deeply contaminated by cesium,
and my body is contaminated as much as them.
In 6 microSv/h, I feed them everyday.

They had a lot of babies.
Because of the lack of crops, and the cold weather,
they are dying one after one.

Spring will come, Summer will come, grass of ranch will grow again, I believe.
I want people to make the best of them for study of radiation exposure, decontamination,
and to have the huge dead rice field come back alive by using my cattle somehow in Futabagun.
I’m now trying to make the government, and The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries develop the project.
I believe my cattle of hope will be useful for the recovery of Fukushima.
No more nuclear power to Fukushima.

However, I know it’s too late.
It’s already bad as Chernobyl.
Our town has gotten Chernobyl in it.
Who’s to blame ?
Who destroyed our life, and our future ?

Burning the rest of my life, I will definitely claim for damage from Tepco and Japanese government.
We won’t let them operate the nuclear plants, won’t let them re-start the nuclear plants.
We can live without nuclear plants. Everyone unite and take action.

<End>

Source
http://fukushima-diary.com/...28Fukushima+Diary%29
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Frozen water blamed for leaks at Fukushima plant

Tokyo Electric Power Company has found water leaks in 14 locations at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

The utility says the leaks apparently occurred after frozen water ruptured the pipes and the leaked water did not contain any radioactive materials.

Tokyo Electric said about 40 liters of water leaked from a cooling system for a spent fuel pool at the No.4 reactor on Sunday, but the flow stopped when workers closed the valve.

The company said the leak forced the system to stop for one hour and 40 minutes, but the pool's temperature did not rise.

Tokyo Electric said 7 tons of water had leaked from the No.6 reactor.

The temperature fell to minus 8 degrees Celsius on Sunday morning near the damaged plant.

Ruptured pipes caused 3 water leaks on the previous day.

Tokyo Electric official Junichi Matsumoto admitted that the utility failed to take sufficient steps to prevent frozen pipes. He said it will take quick action to protect the pipes from the cold weather.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 23:42 +0900 (JST)

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily...ish/20120129_23.html

--------------------
They can't even keep the pipes from freezing, and yet Phonedawgz wants us to believe Tepco, has the plant under control?
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Frozen water blamed for leaks at Fukushima plant

They can't even keep the pipes from freezing, and yet Phonedawgz wants us to believe Tepco, has the plant under control?

The water in the pipes is freezing with the outside temperature at -6° Celsius and you are still trying to tell us this plant is going critical?

Fat chance on that one.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 01-30-2012).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

The water in the pipes is freezing with the outside temperature at -6° Celsius and you are still trying to tell us this plant is going critical?

Fat chance on that one.

Even you know the cooling pipes going to the reactor, outside the plant, have nothing to do with the melted fuel, that has melted into the concrete. They said the water was not radioactive, so its water that is feeding into, and not out of the reactor.

You knew all this, just trying to deceive and manipulate again. Pathetic.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Transcript Summary

Title: Counting the Costs: Three Mile Island
Source: Listener’s Choice from CBC Radio
Date: June 6th, 2008

* Reports we are getting say infant mortality rates doubled
* More important is the enormous increase in cancer deaths in children in the four counties surrounding TMI compared to the numbers previous to the accident that the health department listed even on say leukemia
* Animals and plants damaged substantially
* We have done an in-depth report on plant life
* We are seeing many mutations
* We saw the leaves the first year
* All the birds on the farm disappeared
* The trees, it looked like winter
* Not only did we see complete defoliation, we saw trees defoliated at different levels
http://enenews.com/cbc-on-t...tions-observed-video
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Pathetic is trying to argue that the reactor is going critical but somehow it not hot enough to keep the water from freezing.

It doesn't matter if the cooling system is a primary cooling loop, a secondary cooling loop or even a tertiary cooling loop. If heat is being generated inside the plant, and this system is to cool it, then that heat must be dissipated via this link in the cooling chain.

As to your 'water into, not out of the reactor' - they use cooling loops to cool the reactor. No they don't feed water into the reactor and then just dump it out on the ground or into the ocean.

Even you know the cooling pipes going to the reactor, outside the plant, have nothing to do with the melted fuel, that has melted into the concrete. They said the water was not radioactive, so its water that is feeding into, and not out of the reactor.

You knew all this, just trying to deceive and manipulate again. Pathetic.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Pathetic is trying to argue that the reactor is going critical but somehow it not hot enough to keep the water from freezing.

It doesn't matter if the cooling system is a primary cooling loop, a secondary cooling loop or even a tertiary cooling loop. If heat is being generated inside the plant, and this system is to cool it, then that heat must be dissipated via this link in the cooling chain.

As to your 'water into, not out of the reactor' - they use cooling loops to cool the reactor. No they don't feed water into the reactor and then just dump it out on the ground or into the ocean.

If the reactor vessel is empty, cooling it wouldn't exactly heat up the water would it? It kinda funny you say they don't just dump it in the ocean, because Tepco did for the longest time, and its debatable about how much of it is still being dumped in the ocean. Why do you think near 3/4 of the contamination is in the ocean?
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
So your argument is that the majority of the core is located in the water filled drywell under the reactor vessel, and that core is going critical, thus quite hot, but somehow that is not boiling the water and for sure not heating the circulating water enough to keep it from freezing?

Again - Fat chance.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

So your argument is that the majority of the core is located in the water filled drywell under the reactor vessel, and that core is going critical, thus quite hot, but somehow that is not boiling the water and for sure not heating the circulating water enough to keep it from freezing?

Again - Fat chance.

Gee, I wonder where all the steam, the camera inside reactor 2 caught, came from? Duh.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 01-30-2012).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone didn't turn on the fan when they took a shower?

Water well under 100° C still makes steam. Where is the real heat if the melted core is going critical?

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Maybe someone didn't turn on the fan when they took a shower?

Water well under 100° C still makes steam. Where is the real heat if the melted core is going critical?

How much heat do you expect in the reactor vessel, when the fuel according to even Tepco is in the drywell? Tepco stated they couldn't even find water. That should be telling you something, and the pipes are not freezing in the reactor vessel, they are freezing outside of it.
All you want is to distort the truth.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
If you think the remains of the core is critical, where do you think that heat energy is being dissipated?
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

If you think the remains of the core is critical, where do you think that heat energy is being dissipated?

Show me where I said the core remains critical, I said the core may be going critical time to time.
Until they actually find the core, it remains to be seen if its even in the drywell. It may even be in the ground.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
What process, mechanism, or magic do you think it happening that causes the core remains to go in and out of criticality?

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

What process, mechanism, or magic do you think it happening that causes the core remains to go in and out of criticality?

You really are dense, google criticality accident. They are never sustained.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
"Critical or supercritical nuclear fission (one that is sustained in power or increasing in power) generally occurs inside reactor cores and occasionally within test environments. A criticality accident occurs when a critical reaction is achieved unintentionally. Although dangerous, typical criticality accidents cannot reproduce the design conditions of a fission bomb, so nuclear explosions do not occur. The heat released by the nuclear reaction will typically cause the fissile material to expand, so that the nuclear reaction becomes subcritical again within a few seconds."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticality_accident

So again what is it that you think is occurring mechanically or magically that is causing the melted core to go in and out of criticality? And to answer my question, clearly you have as usual no idea of what you are talking about. And as usual the fact that you don't doesn't slow you down the least.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

"Critical or supercritical nuclear fission (one that is sustained in power or increasing in power) generally occurs inside reactor cores and occasionally within test environments. A criticality accident occurs when a critical reaction is achieved unintentionally. Although dangerous, typical criticality accidents cannot reproduce the design conditions of a fission bomb, so nuclear explosions do not occur. The heat released by the nuclear reaction will typically cause the fissile material to expand, so that the nuclear reaction becomes subcritical again within a few seconds."

So again what is it that you think is occurring mechanically or magically that is causing the melted core to go in and out of criticality? And to answer my question, clearly you have as usual no idea of what you are talking about. And as usual the fact that you don't doesn't slow you down the least.

Read what you quoted again, and think long and hard about it. Its really not that hard to understand. Wait, yes it is, that industry paychecks makes you brain dead.
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
You are not fooling anyone. You have absolutely no clue. However I will give you another chance...

so if it is so easy then explain what is happening physically, mystically, magically or whatever that is causing the core remains to go in and out of a critical state.

Don't forget that Fukushima's reactors are "Thermal-Neutron Reactors" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_reactor

So your explanation will need a moderator to convert fast neutrons to thermal neutrons. That or an explanation of how the fuel somehow enriched itself.

Answer the question

Or if you wish instead, just state that you, as usual, were just talking out of your ass.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 01-31-2012).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

You are not fooling anyone. You have absolutely no clue. However I will give you another chance...

so if it is so easy then explain what is happening physically, mystically, magically or whatever that is causing the core remains to go in and out of a critical state.

Don't forget that Fukushima's reactors are "Thermal-Neutron Reactors" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_reactor

So your explanation will need a moderator to convert fast neutrons to thermal neutrons. That or an explanation of how the fuel somehow enriched itself.

Answer the question

Or if you wish instead, just state that you, as usual, were just talking out of your ass.

They key statement from your source.
Thermal neutrons will be more likely to cause uranium-235 to fission when it is struck by the neutrons,
BTW, one of the reactors is using MOX fuel.

As far as enrichment, it doesn't have to be enriched to nuclear weapon specs.

Nuclear power relies on fissionable material that can sustain a chain reaction with neutrons. Examples of such materials include uranium and plutonium. Most nuclear reactors use a moderator to lower the kinetic energy of the neutrons and increase the probability that fission will occur. This allows reactors to use material with far lower concentration of fissile isotopes than nuclear weapons. Graphite and heavy water are the most effective moderators, because they slow the neutrons through collisions without absorbing them. Reactors using heavy water or graphite as the moderator can operate using natural uranium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fuel_cycle
Notice, how it states it isn't impossible for fission to occur with out the thermal neutrons, also notice how reactor fuel still contains fissile fuel? It is enriched, just to a lower amount.

A criticality accident, sometimes referred to as an excursion or a power excursion, is an accidental increase of nuclear chain reactions in a fissile material, such as enriched uranium or plutonium. This releases a surge of neutron radiation which is highly dangerous to humans and causes induced radioactivity in the surroundings.

Critical or supercritical nuclear fission (one that is sustained in power or increasing in power) generally occurs inside reactor cores and occasionally within test environments. A criticality accident occurs when a critical reaction is achieved unintentionally. Although dangerous, typical criticality accidents cannot reproduce the design conditions of a fission bomb, so nuclear explosions do not occur. The heat released by the nuclear reaction will typically cause the fissile material to expand, so that the nuclear reaction becomes subcritical again within a few seconds.

In the history of atomic power development, sixty criticality accidents have occurred in collections of fissile materials outside nuclear reactors and some of these have resulted in death, by radiation exposure, of the nearest person(s) to the event. However, none has resulted in explosions

Why does it go in and out of criticality? Its not magic, as I said before, google criticality accident.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 02-01-2012).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious. He asks you lots of very simple and direct questions, but I have not often or perhaps ever, seen you directly answer one. Instead, you just post more C&P.
Why is that? Why do you not answer?
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'm curious. He asks you lots of very simple and direct questions, but I have not often or perhaps ever, seen you directly answer one. Instead, you just post more C&P.
Why is that? Why do you not answer?

I did answer him, and he doesn't ask questions, he sets traps. I refuse to step into those traps.
If you seen the geiger counter argument, which I posted more than enough proof that he was wrong, you know what I am talking about.
I only posted enough for him to know his game wasn't going to work with me, however for everyone else to see what is going on. I edited my original post with enough information to show the game he is playing. Phonedawgz, knew what he was posting was incorrect, he was hoping I wouldn't be intelligent enough to catch it.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Title: Kono Taro on Japan’s reaction to the Fukushima nuclear disaster
Source: If You Love This Planet Radio w/ Dr. Helen Caldicott
Date: Jan 27, 2012

This week, Dr. Caldicott speaks with Kono Taro for an in-depth look at Japan’s reaction to the Fukushima meltdown. Kono is Director General of Japan’s Liberal Democratic Party’s International bureau and a fifth-term Member of the House of Representatives in Japan.

Transcript Summary

All the monitoring posts went down after tsunami
Tepco told us they were not able to recover monitoring posts
After even one week they were not able to recover the power for the monitoring posts
I now believe Tepco was trying to hide the numbers
People in Japan were deceived for many days to come

http://enenews.com/member-o...japan-deceived-video
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
There was nuclear fuel in reactor 4
Posted by Mochizuki on January 31st, 2012 · No Comments

There was nuclear fuel in reactor 4

Reactor 4 had nuclear fuel in it. The Fukushima blogger leaked information on her blog.

<Quote start>
ãã®ã†ã€
ã“ã®è©±ã‚’èžã„ã¦ã€
Yesterday I heard this story.
ã“れをã€ãƒ–ログã«ä¸Šã’㦠ã„ã„ã‚‚ã®ãªã®ã‹ ã©ã†ã‹ ・・・
ã•ã‚“ã–ã‚“ã€è¿·ã„ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚
I wasn’t sure if I should post it on the blog.

ãªã«ã—ã‚ã€
ã“ã‚Œã¾ã§ã®ã€€ã€ æ±é›» 】 ã‹ã‚‰ã®ã€€ã€Œ 発表 ã€ã€€ãŒã€
一ã‹ã‚‰ã€å´©ã‚Œã‚‹ã‚‚ã®ã§ã—ãŸã‹ã‚‰ ・・・
It proved all the announcement of Tepco was wrong.

ã—ã‹ã—ã€
but

ã㮠「 作業員 ã•ã‚“ 〠ãŒã€ã§ãŸã‚‰ã‚を言ã†ã¯ãšã‚‚ãªã ・・・
The nuclear worker is trustworthy.
ã‚ãŸãã—ã¯ã€ä¸€æ™©ã€è€ƒãˆã¾ã—ãŸã€‚
I slept on it.

以下ã¯ã€
〠原発 】 㧠åƒã 「 一 作業員 ã•ã‚“ã® ãŠè©± 〠ã¨ã—ã¦ã€èª­ã‚“ã§ãã ã•ã„。
Please read the post below as a story I heard from a Fukushima worker.

「一 作業員 ã•ã‚“ ã€ã€€ã® ãŠè©±
A story of a nuclear worker.

ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã¯ã€å®šæœŸæ¤œæŸ»ã‚’終ãˆã¦ã€ï¼“.11 ã® åˆå‰ä¸­ã« èµ·å‹•ã™ã‚‹äºˆå®šã ã£ãŸã€‚
Tepco was planning to start reactor 4 in the AM of 311.

( ã¤ã¾ã‚Šã€ç‡ƒæ–™æ£’ ã¯ã€å…¥ã£ã¦ã„㟠)
(The nuclear fuel was in reactor.)

「 作業員 ã•ã‚“ ãŸã¡ 〠ã¯ã€
『 ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã«ã¯ã€€è¿‘ã¥ããªã€€ã€ã€€ã¨è¨€ã‚ã‚Œã¦ã„ãŸã€‚
Nuclear workers were told not to get close to reactor 4.
ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã® é…管㫠「 ヒビ 〠ãŒå…¥ã£ã¦ãŠã‚Šã€
ä¸å…·åˆãŒè¦‹ã¤ã‹ã£ãŸãŸã‚ã€èµ·å‹•ã—ãªã‹ã£ãŸã€‚
They found a crack on the pipe of reactor 4,
so they cancelled to start it as scheduled.

ãã®ã¾ã¾ã€
ãã®æ—¥ã« 大震ç½ã«è¦‹èˆžã‚ã‚ŒãŸã€‚
It was hit by the earthquake on the same day.

地震㌠起ã“ã‚Šã€
ã™ã㫠「 メルトダウン ã€ã€€ãŒèµ·ããŸã€‚
Soon after the earthquake hit it,
meltdown started.

ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã¯ã€èµ·å‹•ã—ã¦ã„ãªã‹ã£ãŸãŸã‚ã€ã€Œ 冷å´æ°´ 〠も 回らãªã„ 。
Because reactor 4 was stand-by, cooling system could not be started either.

「 汚染水 〠ãŒã€ãŸã¾ã£ã¦ã„る所 ・・・
ニュースã§æµã‚Œã¦ã„る写真ã¯ã€è¦‹è¦šãˆãŒã‚る。

About the storage place of contaminated water.
I have seen the place reported on News.

別㮠「 タンク 〠ã®ã‚‚ã®ã¨ 考ãˆã‚‰ã‚Œã‚‹ã€‚
It’s not the storage place of contaminated water. It’s somewhere else.

「 タービン建屋 〠㫠ãŸã¾ã£ã¦ã„ã‚‹ 「 æ°´ 〠ã¯ã€
ã¨ã£ãã«ã€æµ·ã¸æ”¾å‡ºã•ã‚Œã¦ã„る。
The contaminated water stocked at turbin building was already discharged to the sea months ago.
ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã® 「 ç ´æ ã€ã€€ãŒã€æ¿€ã—ã„。
The damage of reactor 4 is serious.

〠æ±é›» 】 ã¯ã€
5å·æ©Ÿã€€ï¼–å·æ©Ÿ ã‚„ã€
第2原発 1 ~ ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã‚‚ã€å‹•ã‹ã™ã¤ã‚‚ã‚Šã§ã„る。
However, Tepco is planning to restart reactor 5, 6 and reactor 1~4 of daini.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・㠃»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»ãƒ»

ã¬ã¾ã‚† ã§ã™ã€‚

ã‚‚ã—ã‚‚ã€ã“れらãŒçœŸå®Ÿã ã¨ã™ã‚Œã°ã€
If it’s true,
( ウソをã¤ãよã†ãª 「 作業員 ã•ã‚“ 〠ã§ã¯ ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã›ã‚“ )
(The nuclear worker is trustworthy.)
ï¼”å·æ©Ÿã®æ ¼ç´å®¹å™¨ã«ã¯ã€
メルトダウンã—㟠燃料ãŒã€ãŸã¾ã£ã¦ãŠã‚Šã€
In the container vessel of reactor4, melted fuel is stocked,

ãã‚Œã¯ã€
人ã®åŠ›ã§ ã©ã†ã«ã‹ãªã‚‹ã‚‚ã®ã§ã‚‚ãªãã€
but there is no technology developed to pick it up,

「 メルトアウト 〠もã€
時間ã®å•é¡Œ ・・・ ã¨ã„ã†ã“ã¨ã«ãªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚
It’s only the matter of time for it to have melt-out.

ã‚‚ã£ã¦ã€ã‚㨠1年 ・・・。
The longest time would be one year.

ãã®ã•ãªã‹ã«ã€åœ°éœ‡ãŒæ¥ãŸã‚‰ã€ã‚¢ã‚¦ãƒˆã§ã™ã€‚
If another earthquake hits it, it’s over.

ã‚ã®æ§‹é€ ã ã¨ã€
「 メルトアウト 〠ã—ãŸã‚‰ã€æµ·ã«æµã‚Œå‡ºã¾ã™ã€‚
Technically speaking, if it goes melt-out, it would flow to the sea.
æ—¥æœ¬ã® ã€Œå¤ªå¹³æ´‹å´ ã€ ã¨ã€€ã€Œ アメリカ 西海岸 〠ã«ã¯ã€
人ãŒä½ã‚ãªããªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚
Pacific ocean side of Japan and west side of America won’t be inhabitable anymore.

<Quote end>

Source
Iori Mochizuki
http://fukushima-diary.com/...lear-fuel-reactor-4/
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Emergency mail from Tepco
Posted by Mochizuki on January 31st, 2012 · No Comments

Emergency mail from Tepco

Around 3:00 AM 2/1/2012, Tepco sent journalists an emergency email.

Japanese comedian / nuclear journalist tweeted it.

makomelo ãŠã—ã©ã‚Šâ™€ãƒžã‚³ãƒªãƒ¼ãƒŒ
ã€é€Ÿå ±ã€‘(æ±é›»ã‹ã‚‰ã®ãƒ¡ãƒ¼ãƒ«ï¼‰ï¼‘)○昨日(1月31日)åˆå¾Œ10時30分頃ã€ç¦å³¶ç¬¬ä¸€åŽŸå­åŠ›ç™ºé›»æ‰€ï¼”å·æ©ŸåŽŸå­ç‚‰å»ºå±‹ï¼‘階ã«ã‚るジェットãƒãƒ³ãƒ—計装ラック内ã®è¨ˆå™¨ãƒ†ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ©ã‚¤ãƒ³ã‚ˆã‚Šæ¼ãˆã„ã—ã¦ã„ã ‚‹ã“ã¨ã‚’当社社員ãŒç™ºè¦‹ã€‚(続 Source

ã€é€Ÿå ±ã€‘2)○ãã®å¾Œã€åˆå¾Œ10時43分ã€è¨ˆè£…ラックã«ç¹‹ãŒã‚‹å…ƒå¼ã‚’é–‰ã‚ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã«ã‚ˆã‚Šã€æ°´ã®æ¼ãˆã„ã¯åœæ­¢ã€‚○床é¢ã¯ç“¦ç¤«ãŒæ•£ä¹±ã—ãŸçŠ¶æ…‹ã§ã‚ã‚Šã€æ¼ã‚ŒãŸæ°´ã®é‡ã¯ç¢ºèªã§ããŸç¯„囲ã§ç´„6リットル 。ãªãŠã€åŽŸå­ç‚‰å»ºå±‹å¤–ã¸ã®æµå‡ºã¯ãªã„。(続 Source

ã€é€Ÿå ±ã€‘3)○テストライン内ã®æ°´ã‚’採å–ã—ã€æ”¾å°„能濃度を測定ã—ãŸçµæžœã€æ¼ã‚ŒãŸæ°´ã¯åŽŸå­ç‚‰ã‚¦ã‚§ãƒ«æ°´ã¨æŽ¨å®šã€‚(分æžçµæžœï¼š35.5 Bq/cm3)(å‚考:昨年12月8日ã«åŽŸå­ç‚‰ã‚¦ã‚§ãƒ«æ°´ã‚’分æžã—ãŸçµæžœã€39 Bq/cm3)(続 Source

ã€é€Ÿå ±ã€‘4)○本件ã«ã¤ã„ã¦ã€ç¦å³¶ã«ãŠã„ã¦ã¯æœ¬æ—¥ï¼ˆï¼’月1日)åˆå‰ã®å®šä¾‹ãƒ¬ã‚¯ã§ã€æœ¬åº—ã«ãŠã„ã¦ã¯åˆå‰11時ã«èª¬æ˜Žã€‚(以上ã€æ±äº¬é›»åŠ›ã‹ã‚‰ã®ãƒ¡ãƒ¼ãƒ«ï¼‰ï¼ˆ35.5Bq/cm3ã¯35500Bq/Lãªã®ã§ã€ã‘ã£ã“ã†æ¿ƒå º¦é«˜ã„ã¨æ€ã„ã¾ã™ï¼‰Source

<Translation>
1/31/2012, 10:30PM, Tepco employee found water leakage from the test line of jet pump calculation rack located on the first floor of reactor 4.
10:43 PM, they stopped it by turning off the tap connected to the rack. The floor is full of the debris. As long as they confirmed, more than 6L of water leaked. None of it leaked to the outside of the reactor building.
From the result of the measurement, it was contaminated as 35.5 Bq/cm3 (= 35,500 Bq/L), they assume the water is from the well of the reactor. (Cf. The measurement data of the well of reactor was 39 Bq/cm3 on 12/8/2012.)
They are going to explain it on the press conference of 2/1/2012 11:00AM.
<End>
Iori Mochizuki

http://fukushima-diary.com/...28Fukushima+Diary%29
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Radioactive water leaking from inside Fukushima No. 4 reactor
TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday that it has found radioactive water leaking from a broken pipe connected to the No. 4 reactor of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant, but added that the liquid has not flowed outside the reactor building.

At the time of the devastating earthquake and tsunami last March 11, the reactor's fuel rods were in its spent fuel pool due to maintenance work that was taking place. The water contains radioactive materials as it is mixed up with water that is in contact with the fuel in the spent fuel tank.

According to the utility known as TEPCO, about 6 liters of water were found to have leaked onto the floor of the No. 4 unit building at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday. The leak was stopped at 10:43 p.m. by closing a valve, officials said.

The utility is looking into the cause of the damage to the pipe and believes it may have some connection with the recent cold weather or the explosions that took place at the plant in the early phase of the nuclear crisis.

The density of radioactive substances included in the water is estimated at 35.5 becquerels per cubic centimeter, according to TEPCO.

(Mainichi Japan) February 1, 2012
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnn...2g00m0dm150000c.html

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
TEPCO says 8.5 tons of water leaked from Fukushima No. 4 reactor

TOKYO, Feb. 1, Kyodo

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday that 8.5 tons of radioactive water leaked from the No. 4 reactor of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant because a pipe connected to the reactor dropped off, but added that the liquid has not flowed outside the reactor building.

At the time of the devastating earthquake and tsunami last March 11, the reactor's fuel rods were in its spent fuel pool due to maintenance work that was taking place. The water contains radioactive materials as it is mixed up with water that is in contact with the fuel in the spent fuel tank.

According to the utility known as TEPCO, water was found to have leaked onto the floor of the No. 4 unit building at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday. The leak was stopped at 10:43 p.m. by closing a valve, officials said.
http://english.kyodonews.jp.../2012/02/139493.html
------------------
Wow from 6L to 8.5 tons, that was only a small miscalculation. I see tepco is well on schedule here, and the plant is completely under control.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
TEPCO to ratchet up efforts to decontaminate water

January 30, 2012

By TAKASHI SUGIMOTO / Staff Writer

To prevent a further contamination of the sea as occurred in December, Tokyo Electric Power Co. plans to remove about 1,000 kinds of radioactive materials from water at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, sources said on Jan. 28.

The utility will start installing equipment in March for the removal of the radioactive materials, including not only cesium, but also strontium, cobalt and manganese, the sources added.

According to the sources, TEPCO is currently purifying contaminated water by using two kinds of devices in which a mineral, zeolite, absorbs cesium. However, those devices cannot remove other radioactive materials, such as strontium.

In December, contaminated water containing strontium whose concentration level was 1 million times higher than the government’s safety standard leaked into the sea, though the cesium had been removed.

To prevent the recurrence of a similar leakage, TEPCO decided to remove more kinds of radioactive materials. In the plan, water and waste liquids that were used to absorb cesium will be further purified by new equipment.

The design of the new equipment has yet to be decided. In the device, however, radioactive materials will be absorbed onto the surfaces of minerals or resins. By using a variety of agents that promote absorption, the utility plans to remove various radioactive substances.

In the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, contaminated water that was apparently injected into nuclear reactors to help cool them are flowing into buildings in the compound. The amount ranges from 200 tons to 500 tons per day.

To process the water without delay, the new equipment will have the ability of purifying about 500 tons a day. Minerals and resins that absorbed radioactive materials will be placed into special bags and dehydrated. Then, they will be stored for about 20 years.

The new equipment will not be able to remove radioactive hydrogen, called tritium. However, concentration levels of most other radioactive materials will become much lower than the government’s safety standards after the contaminated water is purified by the new equipment.

Initially, TEPCO considered discharging the water into the sea after purifying it. But it faced strong opposition from the central and local governments to the plan.

In addition, the utility’s in-house rules on the safety management of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant read, “Water that was used to process contaminated water must not be discharged (into the sea) without the approval of ministries and agencies concerned.â€

Therefore, the means of disposing of the purified water has yet to be decided.
By TAKASHI SUGIMOTO / Staff Writer
http://ajw.asahi.com/articl...shima/AJ201201300001
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
You had no clue on the Geiger Counter discussion either. You tried to argue since both Geiger Counter measurements and radioactive decays in a sample of a material are measured in decays per unit time that they were the same.

A Geiger Counter counts the number of decay particles that pass through it's detector. That is not the same as the number of decays in a sample of material. The decay particles go in all directions. Only a small portion of those decay particles would pass through the detector of a Geiger Counter.

A Geiger Counter's measurement will drop at the cube of the distance between the sample and the counter. The number of decays per unit time of a sample is just that. It is not dependent of the distance.

A Geiger Counter's measurement will vary depending on shielding.

No just because they are expressed in the same units, they are not the same.

And clearly you are still talking out of your ass and have no idea what you are saying. You are a fool if you think anyone is tricked into believing you with your non-answers.

The trap that is set is yours when you state things you have no idea about what you are talking about. Your answers clearly show you have already put your foot in your own stupidity trap.

Again - Answer the question.

I did answer him, and he doesn't ask questions, he sets traps. I refuse to step into those traps.
If you seen the geiger counter argument, which I posted more than enough proof that he was wrong, you know what I am talking about.
I only posted enough for him to know his game wasn't going to work with me, however for everyone else to see what is going on. I edited my original post with enough information to show the game he is playing. Phonedawgz, knew what he was posting was incorrect, he was hoping I wouldn't be intelligent enough to catch it.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 02-01-2012).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

You had no clue on the Geiger Counter discussion either. You tried to argue since both Geiger Counter measurements and radioactive decays in a sample of a material are measured in decays per unit time that they were the same.

A Geiger Counter counts the number of decay particles that pass through it's detector. That is not the same as the number of decays in a sample of material. The decay particles go in all directions. Only a small portion of those decay particles would pass through the detector of a Geiger Counter.

A Geiger Counter's measurement will drop at the cube of the distance between the sample and the counter. The number of decays per unit time of a sample is just that. It is not dependent of the distance.

A Geiger Counter's measurement will vary depending on shielding.

No just because they are expressed in the same units, they are not the same.

And clearly you are still talking out of your ass and have no idea what you are saying. You are a fool if you think anyone is tricked into believing you with your non-answers.

The trap that is set is yours when you state things you have no idea about what you are talking about. Your answers clearly show you have already put your foot in your own stupidity trap.

Again - Answer the question.

I did answer the question and thoroughly. You are once again proving you are a liar, and a idiot.

Also evidently you need to back and read your position, where you were trying to claim the sample measurements were not accurate, because they detected different units even though they were the same unit. It was the stupidest statement that you ever typed.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Be a man - Answer the question.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Be a man - Answer the question.

Go back and read, I answered your damn question. You have this problem with never being wrong.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
See a detailed answer to your question, I am done with your idiotic game. You don't care about facts, you care about deception.

They key statement from your source.
Thermal neutrons will be more likely to cause uranium-235 to fission when it is struck by the neutrons,
BTW, one of the reactors is using MOX fuel.

As far as enrichment, it doesn't have to be enriched to nuclear weapon specs.

Nuclear power relies on fissionable material that can sustain a chain reaction with neutrons. Examples of such materials include uranium and plutonium. Most nuclear reactors use a moderator to lower the kinetic energy of the neutrons and increase the probability that fission will occur. This allows reactors to use material with far lower concentration of fissile isotopes than nuclear weapons. Graphite and heavy water are the most effective moderators, because they slow the neutrons through collisions without absorbing them. Reactors using heavy water or graphite as the moderator can operate using natural uranium.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fuel_cycle
Notice, how it states it isn't impossible for fission to occur with out the thermal neutrons, also notice how reactor fuel still contains fissile fuel? It is enriched, just to a lower amount.

A criticality accident, sometimes referred to as an excursion or a power excursion, is an accidental increase of nuclear chain reactions in a fissile material, such as enriched uranium or plutonium. This releases a surge of neutron radiation which is highly dangerous to humans and causes induced radioactivity in the surroundings.

Critical or supercritical nuclear fission (one that is sustained in power or increasing in power) generally occurs inside reactor cores and occasionally within test environments. A criticality accident occurs when a critical reaction is achieved unintentionally. Although dangerous, typical criticality accidents cannot reproduce the design conditions of a fission bomb, so nuclear explosions do not occur. The heat released by the nuclear reaction will typically cause the fissile material to expand, so that the nuclear reaction becomes subcritical again within a few seconds.

In the history of atomic power development, sixty criticality accidents have occurred in collections of fissile materials outside nuclear reactors and some of these have resulted in death, by radiation exposure, of the nearest person(s) to the event. However, none has resulted in explosions

Why does it go in and out of criticality? Its not magic, as I said before, google criticality accident.

Btw, you do understand they CALIBRATE geiger counters to known samples so that geiger counters measuring at standard testing distances give the right readings? Nope, because you truly are a fool.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
For enrichment at concentrations used in nuclear power plant fuel, a moderator is needed to produce a critical reaction level.

They use a lower level of enrichment so if the moderator is not present, the reaction can not be sustained. If the core melts and collects at the bottom of the vessel, or dry well, or into the ground, the fact that the nuclear fuel's low level enriched uranium is not interspersed with water keeps the fuel from going critical.

This is why a nuclear power plant can not explode like a nuclear bomb.

Fission is when the nucleus of an atom divides. The reactor is considered to be at a critical power level is when enough atoms divide producing neutrons that cause the same level of atoms or more to divide. Fission levels less than that are sub critical.

Again Fission <> Criticality

Non-thermal neutrons are much less likely to cause a uranium atom to fission. So without a moderator to thermalize the neutrons, the lower level enriched fuel can not go critical.

Trying to argue that a moderator is not needed for a critical reaction with nuclear power grade fuel violates basic nuclear engineering.

So unless you can explain how the fuel gets arranged so the water can act as a moderator, and then gets un-arranged, and then gets arranged again, you have not answered the question.

What mechanism do you think is happening that is making the reactor go in and out of criticality?

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 02-02-2012).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Btw, you do understand they CALIBRATE geiger counters to known samples so that geiger counters measuring at standard testing distances give the right readings? Nope, because you truly are a fool.

And your statement reinforces exactly what I stated before and state now - A Geiger Counter measures the radiation particles that pass through it's detector. It does not measure the total number of decays in a sample.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

And your statement reinforces exactly what I stated before and state now - A Geiger Counter measures the radiation particles that pass through it's detector. It does not measure the total number of decays in a sample.

Moron, your point then, was the geiger counter results were not accurate, because they did not meter actual CPM.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
A Geiger Counter measures the actual counts per unit time that pass through it's detector. That is what a Geiger Counter is supposed to do.

A Geiger Counter measures the radiation that it receives. For example that radiation level equates to the amount of radiation your body would receive.

A Geiger Counter alone can not tell you the decays per unit time of a sample - Which is what I said before.

I can see why your ratings bar continues to grow red.

Now answer the question - What mechanism do you think is happening that is making the reactor go in and out of criticality?

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 02-02-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock