Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
BIN LADEN IS DEAD!!! by Raydar
Started on: 05-01-2011 10:42 PM
Replies: 550
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 05-13-2011 06:04 PM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grandaddy84SE:

Of all the things I could imagine happening, I thought the killing of Osama Ben Laden would be the one thing that everyone on this forum would get behind and applaud with none of the usual petty bickering. Silly me.

I would rather have seen him rot in prison. Death is too easy. Besides, most of those people accept death as eventual and a reward will be waiting.

EDIT: Cool page 8

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 05-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I would rather have seen him rot in prison. Death is too easy. Besides, most of those people accept death as eventual and a reward will be waiting.

If it wasn't for the radicalism in Islam that makes the front page news, I'd agree with you about letting him rot in prison, but with the radicals being who and what they are, I don't know that I'd want him in a facility... anywhere. Just makes for a well known target. It also makes for really interesting hostage situations with the hostage takers demanding the release of satan's incarnate himself in exchange for the lives of the hostages. Not a situation I'd like to see...
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shyster:

Snip

Well who else is going to order it? regan... hes the president hes the only one who can give that order... he took credit where it was due to him not for the whole ordeal.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I think I would have worded it, "DURING a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."
The other way sounds like an execution.

Boonie,
If you listened to the President, it was a mission to KILL OBL, not capture him. It was an execution.

In this, I will give credit where credit is due.

------------------
Ron

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I think I would have worded it, "DURING a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body."
The other way sounds like an execution.

That is what it was, so why hide the fact? Actually, in this case the administration was being transparent.. go figure.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 05-02-2011).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

From someone who could care less about the "president A's dick is bigger than president B's dick" discussion, I think it's incredibly stupid to even announce OBL is dead. That alone makes a martyr out of him. It would have been much better to have kept that a secret and let the Al Qaida network (and all other OBL fanboys) guess about OBL's whereabouts.

Gloating over the death of the world's biggest terrorist leader? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Either way there was going to be martyrdom in his death, OBL was a dialysis patient and litterley could die any day with that kind health issue. The fact that an American bullet brought him to justice over natural causes is a win for the American people, armed forces, and victims of 9/11. We couldn't bring him back alive because after due process and trials and such he would have died of natural causes in prison before an execution could be carried out on him which I think is to good for a person as evil as him. But as i said martyrdom was going to come either way his death would have been something hard to hide as well.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:
Be careful where you give credit......

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

That was in response to Obama getting well deserved credit. OTOH Obama had to answer in the same vein as he knew the noose was closing in on Bi Laden. Maybe GW really knew-or maybe not.
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
I found this news interresting:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn....-the-situation-room-

Two moments during the raid were particularly "heartstopping," according to one official.

The first was when the operation's helicopters first arrived at the scene. The plan was for the choppers to hover and lower 12 Seals to the ground rather than land. But one of the choppers stopped working due to a lack of air within the high compound walls.

It made a soft landing (not a crash) on the ground and the raid went forward. At that point a third "emergency" chopper on standby came to the scene.

As the team returned with bin Laden's body, they blew up the broken chopper, which resulted in a "massive explosion." The team exited in two helicopters.

The other tense moment came when the choppers were leaving the country but remained within Pakistani airspace. The Pakistanis, seeing the choppers and not knowing if they were friendly or not, scrambled their fighter jets, causing white knuckles before the helicopters were able to leave.

Horray for the Navy Seals! I think their unit motto should be, "Two shots in the head."

BTW: Osama was found using water boarding.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

This is good news. Although I thought there were an awful lot of I's in Obama's address, it Did happen on his watch so kudos to the pres!

By the same measure, had it all gone badly, only Obama would have been held accountable. So, I see no problem with a bunch of "I's" thrown into the speech. Kudos go out to those Navy Seals! too!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I found this news interresting:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn....-the-situation-room-

Horray for the Navy Seals! I think their unit motto should be, "Two shots in the head."

BTW: Osama was found using water boarding.

I read that water boarding did not result in the name of the courier, but "traditional" techniques produced the name. Did you read otherwise? Actually, your link confirms it wasn't water-boarding(not that I'm opposed to it).

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 05-02-2011).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Are you sure he's dead?
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock: It would have been much better to have kept that a secret and let the Al Qaida network (and all other OBL fanboys) guess about OBL's whereabouts.

Gloating over the death of the world's biggest terrorist leader? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Cliff, not to unfairly inflate our delicate ego's - but Americans needed the closure. And if the US ain't happy - ain't no one gonna be happy.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
They "buried" him today:

The Pentagon says Osama bin Laden's body was placed into the waters of the North Arabian Sea after adhering to traditional Islamic procedures — including washing the corpse — aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-b...ional/w090116D63.DTL

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-02-2011).]

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Are you sure he's dead?

Heh, on his way to gitmo?
RockyBalboaLives

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post

[B[/B]

Two moments during the raid were particularly "heartstopping," according to one official.

The first was when the operation's helicopters first arrived at the scene. The plan was for the choppers to hover and lower 12 Seals to the ground rather than land. But one of the choppers stopped working due to a lack of air within the high compound walls.

It made a soft landing (not a crash) on the ground and the raid went forward. At that point a third "emergency" chopper on standby came to the scene

Sounds like Blackhawk down part 2 to me.. At least the 1st movie based upon a true story could be confirmed..

[This message has been edited by RockyBalboaLives (edited 05-02-2011).]

Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RockyBalboaLives:

Sounds like Blackhawk down part 2 to me.. At least the 1st movie based upon a true story could be confirmed..

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you think that such a planned strike is possible? Considering all of the training, logistics, assets, and time lines, could such a strike be carried out with any hope of success? Any hope at all?

I think you are shortchanging the incredible capabilities of our military and intelligence communities. Remember the pirates holding the captain hostage on the raft? Four snipers, four bullets, full pirates dead simultaneously. Not faked, not made up. It happened. Why is taking out OBL so hard to accept?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

They "buried" him today:

My dad said they should have turned him into pig food

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

My dad said they should have turned him into pig food

I can't repeat what my wife said.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Proof- video leaked.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Are you sure he's dead?

BREAKING NEWS: Bin Laden is STILL dead. More details at 11.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I can't repeat what my wife said.

Had it been up to me i would have strapped one of his infamous bomb vest's to him put him out in the middle of the desert and blow him to smithereens... see how he likes it.

But really though i dont know why they had to follow Islamic traditions for his burial . The man was a spawn of the devil and deserves the exact same mercy and respect he shown on 9/11 none.. even in his burial he should be shown no respect... If anything give his corpse concrete boots at least for sinking purposes and dump his a$$ of the deck of the Kennedy.... or a good old fashioned boat and rope drag off the Kennedy before cuttin him lose.

I know I'm sick

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Had it been up to me i would have strapped one of his infamous bomb vest's to him put him out in the middle of the desert and blow him to smithereens... see how he likes it.

How about with a timer that he can see ticking down?

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

How about with a timer that he can see ticking down?

Timer and a button... see if he had the balls to do himself in.... either way he was f**ed.... But I'm satisfied with a good old fashioned American made bullet through his head..
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

Why is taking out OBL so hard to accept?

Because the rest of the world realizes that the only words to come out of Obama's mouth are lies.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 05-03-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
jacknight

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jacknightSend a Private Message to jacknightDirect Link to This Post
I want photos, There is video too!! Helmet cam! Delta force.......
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
How long you guys figure until the video game is released?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
We have pics!!!! Dudes wig got split. Nice shot.
Might be a shop :/. A good shop at that then.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 05-03-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
It was said "We will never forget".
Heh, the last thing Bin Laden saw on this Earth was an American, and he knew we were coming.
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
someone will be scraping this bumper sticker off:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Because the rest of the world realizes that the only words to come out of Obama's mouth are lies.

While I appreciate your cynicism, I have to disagree with your exaggeration. What makes a successful politician isn't lying outright, it is bending the half-truth to fit their purposes. But something like this, there is nothing to do but soak up the glory and make it sound like it was your idea all along.

Claiming OBL is dead via US lead is political suicide if it is a lie - somethng that is too easy to prove otherwise. If OBL came out and said "I'm still alive" and held up a newspaper from today Obama would never regain the ground lost when he fell over that one.

Think it through. A strike team was sent into Pakistan - a sovereign nuclear weapon-armed country to perform a firefight at a compound just outside their capital city. The strike happened, according to citizens that live in the town, who heard the gunfire for themselves.

I am willing to take the word of the intelligence community (not just the ones involved either) that knows more about the strike than you or I do.

There will be those that refuse to believe that OBL is dead, or that 9/11 wasn't just an "inside job" (), or that the moon landing was fake. I can't debate people who refuse to look at the evidence objectively, as much as I would like to.
RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you think that such a planned strike is possible? Considering all of the training, logistics, assets, and time lines, could such a strike be carried out with any hope of success? Any hope at all?

I think you are shortchanging the incredible capabilities of our military and intelligence communities. Remember the pirates holding the captain hostage on the raft? Four snipers, four bullets, full pirates dead simultaneously. Not faked, not made up. It happened. Why is taking out OBL so hard to accept?

I have NOTHING but respect for our military and would not short change their capabilities for one second, my beef is with the LIARS, THIEFS and all around waste of breaths that for lack of a better term and I use it very loosely "run" this country..

Originally posted by Odumba: "Under MY directive our soldiers carried out the mission
<< Laughable at best, this guy could not direct traffic at a 4 way stop in the middle of nowhere... The last GREAT president we had was Ronald Reagan, you didn't have to like him but you should have damn well respected him because he did a GREAT job..
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RockyBalboaLives:
The last GREAT president we had was Ronald Reagan, you didn't have to like him but you should have damn well respected him because he did a GREAT job..

Yeah, except for that whole Reaganomics thing.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Glenn Beck's hilarious show opening yesterday:

http://www.glennbeck.com/co...nnels/451373/1322672
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Glenn Beck's hilarious show opening yesterday:

http://www.glennbeck.com/co...nnels/451373/1322672

He will be missed.....
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

someone will be scraping this bumper sticker off:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Maybe they can use this product:

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

He will be missed.....

Yeah, I'll miss his show on Fox, but he has other plans to be announced.

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
http://latimesblogs.latimes...president-obama.html

Rush Limbaugh on Osama bin Laden's death: 'Thank God for President Obama'

That's really all I'm going to post about that.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Which IRA? Oh,
Jazz you obviously didn't read my post carefully and just tried to one up me with the first thing that popped in your precious little head.
I was referring to religions that recruited people unhappy with the US.
The IRA did not recruit protestants to join the catholic church. They recruited existing Catholics to be bomb-throwers.
Also to say the Irish Troubles were/are strictly over religion is a false simplification. It was very much a nationalist anti-colonial movement.
It's like saying the Vietnam war was a war between Buddhism or Confucianism and Christianity.

and yet you reduce all of Islam to a simple little thing...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock