if Aliens DO Exist... by FieroRumor
Started on: 07-24-2008 06:48 PM
Replies: 148
Last post by: TK on 09-03-2008 11:39 PM
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
How come this isn't being taught in classrooms then?
IP: Logged
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

NO blast crater.. still not convinced?

OMG, ROTFL...

Not to be mean Matthew, as I understand that you are possibly discovering most of this info for the first time. But someone acutally brought up the famed "Moon Landing Conspiracy" in this thread? Seriously? There are still people who believe that crap? Sorry, but that theory has been shot, skinned, fried and eaten. Complete BS by conspiracy theorists that has been proven to be wrong more than once. People just won't let it go. Hell, Popular Mechanics even ran an article debunking that myth if I remember correctly...

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 08-15-2008).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Now, I dont know what to say about this.. I was just trying to find a video to post on here for some evidence but I found this..

http://www.youtube.com/watc...K0Mc&feature=related

Kinda gave me the creeps.. any input? Im blanked

Heres the same thing with overdubbing of a foreign language, anyone know what he says? This vid says hoax. I do too.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch...c8ig&feature=related
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I attended a seminar conducted by Richard Hoaglin a number of years ago. He made pretty good case for there being remains of an ancient structure on the back side of the moon. I have his video and its pretty interesting. His proof is more convincing that your 'proof'. Hes the same astronomer that brought the so called ' face on Mars ' to everyones attention.

Hoagland while a compelling speaker is a wanna-be and needs to shut up. Check out his Enterprise Mission website sometime. He has a business going and it doesn't include science or facts.

Anyone remember Patrick Flanagan? He got me to start thinking more critically.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 08-15-2008).]

Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Right now I am so confused and frustrated with this subject

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Fiero (edited 08-17-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Ive been researching this on and off for years now. I just don't understand how there can't be even a tiny crater underneith the module..
...snip...
Serious scientists with years and years of schooling, have devoted years of study to this, could smart people like these really be wasting their time for no reason?
...snip...
Right now I am so confused and frustrated with this subject, why the hell can't the truth just be told!!

First, that last question/statement is wrong in it's assumption. The "truth" HAS been told. We landed on the moon.

But Okay- here you go. Something for you coming up VERY SOON:

Mythbusters To Tackle Moon Landing Conspiracy Theories

On August 27, 2008, The Discovery Channel will air a new episode of Mythbusters entitled “NASA Moon Landing”. This episode was created to challenge the wild but persistent urban legend that NASA never really landed humans on the moon in the 1960s and 70s.

This special episode was first announced on NASA TV in February of 2008. To film the episode, Adam, Jamie, and the rest of the Mythbusters cast chose to visit the Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama. A team of Marshall scientists helped the Mythbusters with several of their tests.

Proponents of the Apollo Moon Landing hoax conspiracy theories insist that NASA and the US Government intentionally deceived the public by fabricating the manned moon landings. Although exact details from the episode are mum, NASA has reported that the Mythbusters’ tests included a feather, a weight, a lunar soil boot print, and a flag in a vacuum.

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Ive been researching this on and off for years now. I just don't understand how there can't be even a tiny crater underneith the module..

Since seeing this thread ive done even more research, and for reasons, I'm starting to think somehow we actually did go there, but a lot of what we did see was not real. I just don't understand how russia never went there to put their own flag up there, what if there are "aliens" there right now and what they had footage of was not to be seen by the public?

Serious scientists with years and years of schooling, have devoted years of study to this, could smart people like these really be wasting their time for no reason?

Edit: It was a space race.. so lets say the U.S did win the race.. if you were in a race, say running, would you just stop and not cross the finish line too? Its not just a person running but a whole country.. the russians are proud people and they wouldn't have let this stop them

Right now I am so confused and frustrated with this subject, why the hell can't the truth just be told!!

Further, you keep asking questions that make it sound as though you've primarily been looking at sites or sources who are part of the "conspiracy theory." Maybe you should spend some time looking at ones that debunk the conspiracy. Then you'd at least have both sides. But the science and facts back that we went to the moon.

Here's a decent one for example with good examples and illustrations:

http://www.clavius.org/

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006
I rather enjoy this little piece:

Conspiracy Theory and Occam's Razor

One of the most fundamental principles of reasoning and investigation is what has come to be known as Occam's Razor. Named after the 14th century logician William of Occam, it is the principle which favors the least complicated of two or more possible explanations for an observation. Needless to say, most conspiracy theories don't satisfy this rule.

In practice, Occam's Razor is used to cut away elements of theories which cannot be observed. For example, Einstein described space-time in the special theory of relativity. Lorentz had theorized that space-time fluctuations are caused by motion through the "ether". However, Lorentz's ether cannot be observed even though his equations produce the same results as Einstein's, so it represents an unnecessarily complicated model. It doesn't prove Einstein right and Lorentz wrong, but because there's a whole lot less baggage to Einstein's model, it's more likely to be correct given the current set of observations.

Conspiracy theories generally entail the opposite of Occam's Razor. That is, when explaining observations, the conspirators often propose more complicated explanations than the commonly believed story. Their conclusions often require us to believe in additional postulated events or factors for which there is seldom any direct proof. Occam's Razor clearly requires us to eliminate candidate explanations which imply the existence of unobserved phenomenon.

Both NASA and the conspiracists offer explanations which fit the observable phenomena. But some Apollo conspiracy theories require us to believe in things like NASA death squads and top-secret soundstages in remote locations. There is no direct evidence for either of those. The possibility that these things -- if they existed -- might explain the conspiracists' observations is not proof that those things exist.

On a grander scale, conspiracists often have an elaborate explanation for one photograph or statement and another completely different but equally elaborate explanation for the next photo and so on. Soon these piecemeal propositions start contradicting each other. And you get different explanations depending on which conspiracist you ask.

It's not suspicious that different conspiracists have different ideas. That's how investigation works. But it is a big deal when one conspiracist's theory, taken as a whole, propounds into a looming mass of unfounded speculation.

Instead of the typical process of looking at all the possibilities and deciding which of them best makes sense, conspiracists generally follow a line of reasoning which first demands that the conspiracy exist. They then follow whatever tortured path of conjecture is necessary to arrive at that conclusion.

The resulting line of reasoning may appear airtight. The reader can follow the argument from first principles to conclusion. But the reader often fails to ask whether that line of reasoning really is the only possible one, and whether the conspiracist's argument requires the reader to believe in extraneous propositions for which there is no evidence.

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
The Soviet Union didn't land people on the moon because they couldn't get their heavy lifting booster to stop blowing up.

In addition, had we faked the landing they would have known it and squealed on us to no end.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 08-16-2008).]

AntiKev

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

...stuff...

Edit: It was a space race.. so lets say the U.S did win the race.. if you were in a race, say running, would you just stop and not cross the finish line too? Its not just a person running but a whole country.. the russians are proud people and they wouldn't have let this stop them

Check this out. The failure of the N-1 is why the soviets never made it to the Moon.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I am confused because I have looked at evidence that we've gone to the moon.

I got my first job in the aerospace industry this week, so hopefully its a first step into finding out the truth.

I just don't understand how there is no blast crater, when even as they walked dust moved around.. and how they made it there and back safely on the first try.

PFF
System Bot
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

I am confused because I have looked at evidence that we've gone to the moon.

Cognitive dissonance? I'm going to guess you've never looked at any of the technical papers or mission reports or any of the other actual documentation that exists and is freely available. I can't fathom myself how people can believe that it was a hoax. Think about the mountain of evidence that would need to be fabricated. Not to mention, if you're actually going to build the hardware (there are plenty of witnesses to Saturn V launches and the fact that the rockets were filled with their intended cargo) then isn't it easier to actually GO than to fake it?

I got my first job in the aerospace industry this week, so hopefully its a first step into finding out the truth.

GFL, you sound like the "9/11 truthers." You already "know" what "the truth" is, and you are now looking for evidence to back up your belief. What exactly are you going to be doing in the aerospace industry and why do you think that it will help you find out "the truth" whatever you think that is?

I just don't understand how there is no blast crater, when even as they walked dust moved around.. and how they made it there and back safely on the first try.

Blast crater from what? My first thought is that you don't understand physics nearly as well as you think you do, but your answer will help me help you.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Matthew

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Fiero (edited 08-17-2008).]

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

1000's of lbs of thrust should most definitely leave at least some dust on the lander and most definitely a small crater undernieth. I've seen videos of astronauts on the moon try to slide a rod through the ground, it went in so easily he fell over.

I will be designing rocket parts, It will help me in a sense that I am one step closer to working for a higher power one day.

Matthew

Look at the dust cloud. The regolith is a few centimeters of dust followed by solid rock. So of course the rod went in easily for the first bit, but not later. "Designing rocket parts." That's needlessly vague. I too will end up somewhere in the aerospace industry, hopefully working towards spreading humanity permanently beyond this rock.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Dang, now I'm starting to doubt if milk really does come from cows. I can see the strings on the LEM accent.
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Dang, now I'm starting to doubt if milk really does come from cows. I can see the strings on the LEM accent.

I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AntiKev:

Look at the dust cloud. The regolith is a few centimeters of dust followed by solid rock. So of course the rod went in easily for the first bit, but not later. "Designing rocket parts." That's needlessly vague. I too will end up somewhere in the aerospace industry, hopefully working towards spreading humanity permanently beyond this rock.

thats a funny video.. it swings back and forth a bit like its being pulled by a crane lol
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Matthew_Fiero

2803 posts
Member since Aug 2001
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AntiKev:

I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.

Of course it is!

He can believe whatever he wants to believe. We tried, but hey, if he gets goosebumps thinking it was all a big conspiracy, that's fine by me. Critical thinking isn't a requirement in this universe.

What's important is that I know milk comes from a cow. I've seen it!
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
My above video clearly proves its fake!!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
About "blast craters" I know not much. How does it actually land? If there is little gravity it wouldn't need much thrust right? maybe they thrust some and sort of just bump down on the surface. The "crater" would be there from leaving though. Just some thoughts.
PFF
System Bot
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I was just playing around with everyone to see peoples opinions, I think there's a lot of hate in this thread now! lol

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Fiero (edited 08-18-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just posting since they aired the Mythbusters episode last night regarding the "Moon Landing Conspiracy Myths."

They proved the conspiracists wrong on every point I believe...

Some of their results:

This episode was based on the urban legend/conspiracy theory which claims that NASA never landed men on the moon, and instead the achievement was intentionally faked for one reason or another.

-One of the NASA photos is fake because the shadows of the rocks and lunar lander are not parallel.

busted

The Mythbusters built a small-scale replica of the lunar landing site based on the photograph, using reflective sand similar to that found on the Moon, and a single light to represent the Sun. Next, they took a photo which was exactly the same as the NASA photo, including the differing shadows. The Mythbusters explained that the shadows were not parallel because of the way the light falls on the Moon’s natural topography.

-One of the NASA photos is fake because Neil Armstrong can be clearly seen while in the shadow of the lunar lander.

busted

To test this myth, the Mythbusters built a large-scale replica of the landing site, allowing them to take a photo which was nearly identical to the original NASA photo. The Mythbusters explained that Armstrong was visible because of ambient light being reflected off of the Moon’s surface.

-A flag cannot flap in a vacuum.

busted

The Build Team placed a replica of the American flag planted on the moon into a vacuum chamber at the Marshall Space Flight Center. They first tested at normal pressure and manipulated the flag. The momentum moved the flag around but the motion quickly dissipated. In vacuum conditions, manipulating the flag caused it to flap vigorously as if it were being blown by a breeze. This demonstrated that a flag could appear to wave in a vacuum, as the Apollo flag did.

-A clear footprint cannot be made in vacuum because there is no moisture to hold its shape.

busted

The Build Team first tested whether dry or wet sand made a more distinguishable footprint by stepping in them with an astronaut boot. It was clear that the wet footprint had more detail than the dry footprint. They then placed sand similar in composition to the Moon’s soil in a vacuum chamber and stepped on it with an astronaut boot, which made a clear print. The reason provided for this was that the unique composition of lunar soil allows it to behave differently than terrestrial soil.

-The film of the astronauts moonwalking is actually film of the astronauts skipping in front of a high-framerate camera, slowing down the picture and giving the illusion they are on the Moon.

busted

Adam donned a replica NASA spacesuit and mimicked the astronauts’ motions while being filmed by a slow motion camera. They also attached Adam to wires in order to mimic the Moon’s lower gravity. While comparing their new footage with the original footage, the Mythbusters noted an initial similarity, but there were several small discrepancies attributable to filming in Earth’s gravity. In order to film in microgravity, the Mythbusters boarded a Reduced Gravity Aircraft and filmed the exact same movements. Adam noted that the movements were more comfortable and more logical in microgravity, and their footage from the plane looked exactly like the original NASA film. The Mythbusters concluded that the moon landing film is authentic.

-The Apollo astronauts left behind special equipment on the Moon like reflectors that scientists can bounce lasers off of.

confirmed

The Mythbusters went to an observatory equipped with a high powered laser. They first fired at the bare lunar surface but did not detect the laser bouncing back. Then they pointed the laser at a reflector left behind by NASA and received a confirmed bounce.

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 08-29-2008).]

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Ugh. Facts.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Ugh. Facts.

Indeed. When there were no facts, there were lots of posts here. Now that I posted some, ONE response.

Hmmm...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Did NOBODY else watch the mythbusters?

THIS is why the "myths" continue. Those who believe in them refuse to acknowledge any real evidence.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
The real reason this post is quiet is it is burnt out. I think alot of people were just posting junk to get conflicts going too.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
It seems that conspiracy posts "burn out" as soon as FACTS are presented that are contrary to their theories. This allows the conspiracy theorists to avoid changing their minds...
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
It was flame bait, he admitted it and we moved on.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock