Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What kind of jeans you wearing THESE DAYS? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What kind of jeans you wearing THESE DAYS? by Iron_Mark_2003
Started on: 11-01-2006 03:33 PM
Replies: 84
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 01-30-2007 08:09 PM
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:

Sweet! Than that is the jean for me! Who is their major retailer?

Try Tractor Supply Corp (TSC) if there is one nearby.
IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Kmart or Walmart $20 or less. I like cargo pants too just to carry stuff in. I long outgrew the need to wear clothes to impress people. I know most of the girls at the restaurant wont wear any jeans that dont cost $150 or more. I went with one to get a skirt at Abercrombie & Fitch and it cost $90 and only had about 2 sq feet of fabric....
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zardoz:

I had a leisure suit in 1975 I think.

Need I even say that this post is worthless without pics?

A lot of you guys are too young and missed out on the 80's, during which the type of blue jeans you wore was a MAJOR social status issue.
Especially girls HAD to have a certain designer brand of blue jeans in order to be anything. I can't remember all the brands. Jordache? Guess?

I don't get the feel right now that there is that social pressure to have a certain label of jeans. Which is good. Because back in the 80's, those kind of blue jeans were literally $60-100. Which was a lot of money back then. Now you guys are talking about 12-25 dollar jeans. MUCH better.

[This message has been edited by frontal lobe (edited 11-02-2006).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

I don't get the feel right now that there is that social pressure to have a certain label of jeans. Which is good.

There is not as much I suppose if I recall.. But I'd much rather pay $80-100 for jeans (which really isn't that much for clothing) that actually fit well and look nice than pay $10 from a bargain chain that look horrible.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

..A lot of you guys are too young and missed out on the 80's, during which the type of blue jeans you wore was a MAJOR social status issue.
Especially girls HAD to have a certain designer brand of blue jeans in order to be anything. I can't remember all the brands. Jordache? Guess?

Don't forget the Gloria Vanderbilts. That was just insane.
I remember looking at one of the girls at work who had a pair of old, faded GVs or Jordaches, and had an epiphany.
They looked just like faded Levis.
I thought there was some quality issue to the name brand jeans (shows you how fashion conscious I was) and that they would look new, longer, or something. They were just freakin' jeans.

I've just about always worn wranglers, as mentioned previously.
I was a child of the 70s. I've always worn jeans (and long hair) when I could get away with it. Even at work. It's worked out okay, actually.
I also find it amusing that bell bottoms and hip huggers are back in style again.
But I'm NOT complaining. (I don't have teenage daughters. I don't HAVE to complain. )

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-02-2006).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2006 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
I wear whats on sale and hand me downs. I go through jeans quickly so spending lots of money of them is stupid.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Levi's Red Tag 501.. Period. That is all I have worn for years. It is true that they are getting harder and harder to find. It seems all the jean makers are aiming for people who want to wear their pants down around the bottom of their @$$ and have enough room for a family of cats to live in each leg with them.

I do wish Levi's hadn't sold out to overseas manufacturing though. I'll hold on to my good ole San Francisco made jeans as long as I can.
LilRedT-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilRedT-TopSend a Private Message to LilRedT-TopDirect Link to This Post
It seems like mostly men posting here. but you opened a can of worms for me. Jean the dreaded jeans issue. Let me count the ways. Where do I start. Clothes are very very very very very very very very very very very very very hard to find for me. I have been known to leave a store in tears because they have nothing that fits me. I am considered a petite but am just a hair taller than petite heigth. Not only that but my ass is much bigger than my waist. I finally happened upon some jeans at GAP that fit just right but, lenght everything was spot on. Now comes the good part. I originally got these at there outlet store no big deal. I went back to the outlet and was told sorry those jeans have been discontinued. Talk about wanting to go off, kept my cool said okay thanks and left. Well I never give up quite that easily. The next time I happened upon another of their outlet stores I stop in different city different city guess what just got some in yahoo!!!!!!! I'll take 5 of them thank you. some more time rocks on I should get me some more of those jeans mine are starting to look worn not bad will pass at work. go into another store Yikes!! been discontinued again. Left that store miffed. I happened upon another outlet still no jeans discontinued but you can try them on line. Okay I say thank you and left. Well the last time I tried online they did not have these jeans. I said what the hey I'll look what do I have to loose. Oh they had them alright for 2x the money. Well I promptly did not order, to go from paying $10-12 a pair to $30 plus freigtt and not even have a decent color I was miffed. I almost sent them a nasty, nasty letter on how dare they not carry classic cut jeans for normal middle age people not every woman on this planet needs to be wearing low rise jeans there is just so much bad fashion I can take. But I felt I couldn't send the letter seeing as how they had the jeans on ther web site. I'll just quitely sit and steam over the fashion industry and their ideas. On the other hand if I had a body like actresses and most models the healthy ones then I wouldn't have to post this rant. the end.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LilRedT-Top:

Not only that but my ass is much bigger than my waist.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
I hate to break this news. I was looking at pants today. Looked at some Carhart jeans. This thread peaked my interest in seeing where they were made. The label stated: Made in Mexico.

I guess that is made in (North) America.

It is so hard to find anything "Made in America" as in U.S.A. anymore
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

There is not as much I suppose if I recall.. But I'd much rather pay $80-100 for jeans (which really isn't that much for clothing) that actually fit well and look nice than pay $10 from a bargain chain that look horrible.

Agreed. But you are willing to pay that because they fit well and look nice. NOT just because somehow the jeans you spent $80 on had a certain label that somehow elevated your status or self esteem.

I am 50 now, johnnyk. I have gone from "I want these jeans to look good on me" to "I am fine with these jeans as long as they don't make me look bad." So if it takes $80 to get me to look good, and $15 to just get me to not look bad level, I'm getting the $15 jeans and looking for somewhere else to spend the $65. Hey, different stages of life.
PFF
System Bot
zardoz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zardozSend a Private Message to zardozDirect Link to This Post

Hey, different stages of life.

Being in the half-century club myself, theres a definite perception.

I remember back when I would look upon older people (like a 50 year old), and think most assuredly, "That's never going to happen to me!"

It's as if a young person perceives aging as a sign of weakness in a lot of cases. After all, the power, vitality, and vigor of youth will never be lost to the ravages of cell oxidation, and the slow but rampant progression of errors in DNA replication. That only happens to those unlucky enough to have been born in previous years.

Yep, cross-linking of the proteins. The same crap that causes windshield wiper blades to get stiff. That would never happen to my skin or muscles. Oh, and yea, that whole gray hair thing. Never going to happen to me! That's just a result of not wanting to keep my dark hair bad enough.

And so it goes. I just wish I was 16 years old again, because I definitely have a vague memory, that I had the entire compendium of knowledge and wisdom, of the known universe contained within my cranium. Yep, all that knowledge and sage wisdom contained within the 2 pound bloody sponge known as my brain. But then again, I'm getting to be a geezer, and my memory ain't so good as it used to be. One thing for sure, the older I get, the more I realize my own infinite ignorance of just what the heck has happened over the last 5 decades. At this rate, I'll forget how to tie my shoelaces in just a matter of months from now.

Heck, I could even have a small motorcycle crash back then, and get up, laugh and walk away on my own two legs. Now just looking at a motorcycle causes pain in muscles, bones, and joints. Oh well, destructibility has it's price in solar orbits....

VSarge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VSargeSend a Private Message to VSargeDirect Link to This Post
10 year old black target brand ones. All I own. Oh wait, there is a pair of almost brand new blue Levi's from 10-15 years ago. Boot cut I think. I never wear them tho.

Sarge
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

At this rate, I'll forget how to tie my shoelaces in just a matter of months from now.

Velcro.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

I hate to break this news. I was looking at pants today. Looked at some Carhart jeans. This thread peaked my interest in seeing where they were made. The label stated: Made in Mexico.

I guess that is made in (North) America.

It is so hard to find anything "Made in America" as in U.S.A. anymore

Nooooooooooooo! The only way you can theorize that they're still made in america is that the mexicans who made them might have immigrated.

Plus wouldn't mexico be central america? Or is that still considered a part of north?

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 11-02-2006).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Wow, Radar in Gloria Vanderbilts????????? Or, did I read that incorrectly? Either way, the image keeps lingering! OBTW, I wear the Wrangler brand from Walmart. I like the "Carpenters/ painters" style with the funny loop for your square. They are VERY comfortable.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-02-2006 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

I like the "Carpenters/ painters" style with the funny loop for your square..

I thought that was for your hammer!
A REAL carpenter don't NEED no stinking square!
A tapemeasure is the ONLY square a MASTERBUILDER needs!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 11-02-2006).]

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Nooooooooooooo! The only way you can theorize that they're still made in america is that the mexicans who made them might have immigrated.

Plus wouldn't mexico be central america? Or is that still considered a part of north?

Nope, Mexico is part of N.A. - We have all of these goods, in part, thanks to NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement).
Ckydmk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CkydmkSend a Private Message to CkydmkDirect Link to This Post
I only wear jeans, and being a 23 yr old college student I have to stay in fashion. I wear Billabong, Hurley, and Ecko. They all go great with the golf shirts and skate shoes.
Ms Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ms FormulaSend a Private Message to Ms FormulaDirect Link to This Post
American Eagle
Size 4 - Petite!

------------------

carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
OK Boonie. My hammer. I wasn't sure as I always wear my tool belt if I need a place to hang my hammer.
PFF
System Bot
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Don't even know, had to look at the pair I got on to see. I never was into expensive clothes (well maybe Z. Cavarichis) but that was it.

MENS Levis 545. Apparently discontinued. When I try to look them up online most come up for females. I don't care what the brand is as long as they're comfortable. I have a difficult time finding jeans that feel comfortable though. I am 6'6 265lbs.

I have a few pair and wouldn't be suprised if they are all the same brand/style. I will just wear them until the fall apart, or I finally start working out.

There are some in the right size used on E-bay at this link, but well wearing someone else's used jeans just don't seem right.

Levi 545

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 01-26-2007).]

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Nowadays I shop at a local consignment store, new jeans for up to 7 dollars a pair, I just buy what fits, no specific brand, and I don't have to worry about ruining them, at work I usually have to wear slacks though.

Brad
Damien

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DamienSend a Private Message to DamienDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Levi's Red Tag 501.. Period. That is all I have worn for years. It is true that they are getting harder and harder to find. It seems all the jean makers are aiming for people who want to wear their pants down around the bottom of their @$$ and have enough room for a family of cats to live in each leg with them.

I do wish Levi's hadn't sold out to overseas manufacturing though. I'll hold on to my good ole San Francisco made jeans as long as I can.

Hell yeah! Button Fly for life (or at least until they kill the line and I'm forced to make them myself)
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Damien:
Hell yeah! Button Fly for life

Same here, thirty odd years so far. Back then it was for style. Kickers wore Wranglers and cool dudes wore Levis. Levis and Wranglers were more of a Carhart type jean. 501s still are. Levis started as a workers clothing.
An interesting bit of trivia. I once had a pair of Levis overalls. With a loop and a tool pocket on opposite legs. I wish they still made them.
87blackGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87blackGTSend a Private Message to 87blackGTDirect Link to This Post
Same here -

501's - have tried all types but always come back to them.

Chris
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I've tried levis, wranglers, and all of those more economic jeans. I can't stand to wear those ever again. I go to Buckle (at your local shopping mall) and will usually get BKE Tyler's or a good pair of Lucky brand jeans(made in america). Best fit and level of comfort I have ever had from a pair of jeans. Yes, they range from from $60 - $100+ for a single pair of jeans, but worth it to me. They also do free hemming if the length isn't right. I wear a uniform to work everyday and civilian clothes maybe 4 times a week. So I only have like 3 pairs of jeans and a few shorts.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:
Wow, Radar in Gloria Vanderbilts????????? Or, did I read that incorrectly? Either way, the image keeps lingering!

I'm a little bit worried that you're stuck on that image, Tom.

Sorry. Not me. I was talking about the "Disco Lizard" women where I worked, back in the early 80s.
They'd line up like lemmings in order to pay obscene amounts of money for a freaking pair of jeans. All in the name of "fashion".
Of course, there was a whole mindset that went with that.

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jax184:

I have a pair of blue and a pair of black jeans from Mark's Work Wearhouse. ...

I found the first pair of jeans that I've ever liked there. Awesome store. I buy my khakis and golf shirts at Old Navy and golf shirts at Campus Crew and American Eagle if they have something I like. I'm finding more and more that I don't like what American Eagle has. Campus Crew is awesome for shirts, but I only buy pants at Old Navy and now Mark's.
silversurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silversurferSend a Private Message to silversurferDirect Link to This Post
Even though I am a man, I can sympathize with LilRedT-Top.I am of average hieght at about 5'10 and I am on the large side.I wear a size 38 but have to buy larger not due to my rear but due to my legs.I have very muscular legs and have to go to a size 42 or so just to fit my legs.I end up going through belts faster than pants..lol...I find the only ones that last at all for me seem to be the route 66 brand.I usualy wait till JC Pennies has them on sale before I buy.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Levi's 501 buttonfly...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click either link for pics)

PFF
System Bot
Fastkx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastkxSend a Private Message to FastkxDirect Link to This Post
I wear plain Wranglers or Dickies, both are cheap and easy and as my wife would say that is me! I can go in to get 3 pair of jeans in 5 minutes and walking to them and checking out takes the longest.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Carpenter jeans, period. I don't really care what brand it is as long as I've got my little pocket on the side of the leg for my cell phone.

[This message has been edited by Darth88Formula (edited 01-26-2007).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm rarely wear jeans here. I am usually in shorts because of the weather.
When I do though it is only Levis. Not cheap here at $100 a pair but when I only own 2 pairs and they tend to last 4 years it is not so bad.
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post

Sweet! Than that is the jean for me! Who is their major retailer?

Try Cabela's.

-fh
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Being in the half-century club myself, theres a definite perception.

I remember back when I would look upon older people (like a 50 year old), and think most assuredly, "That's never going to happen to me!"

It's as if a young person perceives aging as a sign of weakness in a lot of cases. After all, the power, vitality, and vigor of youth will never be lost to the ravages of cell oxidation, and the slow but rampant progression of errors in DNA replication. That only happens to those unlucky enough to have been born in previous years.

Now, if someone comes up with a pair of jeans that has an automatic, fool proof, self zipping fly (for those times we can't seem to remember on our own) that will be worth some money to me!

Otherwise, JCPenney works fine for me, wait for them to be on sale.

John Stricker
jweisman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jweismanSend a Private Message to jweismanDirect Link to This Post
Levi's 505
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Levi 505's here, as well. I'm too old to be fumbling around with button fly jeans. Give me a good ol' zipper everytime.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i wear alot of Dickies, tough stuff for skateboarding...

i wear alot of old people pants, which are getting harder to find...but so comfortable..

my NICE Jeans are silvertab

my baggy, but not saggy jeans are bullhead (wideleg)

------------------

See my lame film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!
Please help me bring Betty back to life!! i need free parts and tech help!
Black Betty Build

speedracerfx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speedracerfxSend a Private Message to speedracerfxDirect Link to This Post
Levi 550 relaxed fit, zipper fly. They're getting very hard to find around here for some reason though, so I may have to look into a new brand/style.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock