Started on: 06-01-2005 05:06 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: LZeitgeist on 05-07-2006 08:44 AM
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Greetings...

Was taking a few new pics of my car at a friend's house last weekend, and this one really stood out of the bunch...

I thought some of you fellow convertible fans might also like it as desktop artwork, so I humbly submit it as such, in three different sizes:

Desktop 1024x768

Desktop 800x600

Desktop 640x480

(For the non-tech savvy (like me...), just click on the appropriate link, then Right Click anywhere on the pic and either 'Save Picture As...' or 'Set As Background'.)

Thanks for looking.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMGDriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
Nice picture!

------------------
- Matthew

Black, Wingless '87 GT

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

99% of the pics I take end up looking like crap, so I like to share the handful of them that DO come out half-way decent. ::chuckle::

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful shot, man!

I LOVE that car!

------------------

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2005 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
That has to be one of the most best looking convertible Fieros I've ever seen. I've never been much of a fan of the formula nose or rear end (I like the '84 bumperpads or the GT's more), but the convertible looks very nice with a Formula body. Very nice car .
rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice!
She looks great!

Glad to see you are going to make the Fox and Hound this weekend! I have a surprise in store for you.

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Humble? You?!?! BWA-HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

j/k.
You know it's just cuz I'm jealous. You've pretty much finished your dream Fiero, and I haven't even started.

But it will happen. Oh yes, it will.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-01-2005).]

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, all it needs now is to be Giallo Modena yellow and it'll be perfect...

Besides, I'm imagining that your dream Fiero is gonna happen within the next two years... I'd mark my calendar, but I don't want to jinx it.

Looking forward to your surprise, Robert... remember, your lunch is on me.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody...

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 06-01-2005).]

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
There is something WRONG with that picture and after carefully looking at it for awhile I figured it out. The car would look a lot better in MY YARD.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
You need to bring it to Deals Gap or Run For the Hills and get some good action shots.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
You need to bring it to Deals Gap or Run For the Hills and get some good action shots.

Hopefully I'll be doing that this year, since the suspension is in great shape, the alignment's right (for the first time in 5+ years) and I've got great tires on it all the way around...

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 06-10-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
88formttp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formttpSend a Private Message to 88formttpDirect Link to This Post
I would do the same to my Formula but it is a t top and would hate to cut it up. So I will use your pic to dream. My red formula has a gt nose on it. Someone else changed it before I bought it in 2000.
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words.
SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2005 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Mine is the original Convertible produced by Onfrio Scadduto for Pontiac in 1988.
This became the Aitomoda kit sold through FOCOA.
My top is welded in and the whole car is boxed, with added cross memebers in the doors.
The car is stiffer than my other 1988 GT, with no twisting of the body.
See pics of my cars at www.moreheadworld.com

------------------

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 07-19-2005).]

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
*bump* by request

------------------
*Desktop Photo Here*

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2005 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post
That convertible Formula positively ROCKS.
Beautiful.

davikan
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2047816

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davikan:

That convertible Formula positively ROCKS.
Beautiful.

davikan
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2047816

Thank you, very much... it was definitely worth the wait.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Bump by request
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
bump by e-mailed request
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
fiero88v8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero88v8Send a Private Message to fiero88v8Direct Link to This Post
What kind of convertable top are you using? How is the body strengenthened? does the roof seal tight on the windows/windshield? how much does it cost to do a conversion like that? I dont mean to ask so many questions, but I would really like to chop the top of one of my cars. BTW....the car looks awsome.
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero88v8:

What kind of convertable top are you using? How is the body strengenthened? does the roof seal tight on the windows/windshield? how much does it cost to do a conversion like that? I dont mean to ask so many questions, but I would really like to chop the top of one of my cars. BTW....the car looks awsome.

Thanks very much for the kind words.

It's an Automoda conversion kit, made in the early 90's. The chassis is strengthened with rectangular steel tubing from the front crossmember to the rear cradle mounts, with cross-bracing in between. The windshield header is finished with a custom-extruded rubber strip that came with the kit, and the stock weatherstripping along the top edges of the door glass. Before it was all said and done, I invested about $10,000 in purchasing the top kit, having the chassis reinforced, and associated travel/hotel/parts/pieces expenses. But, to me, it's priceless, because it's what I've wanted for the last 14 years...

There's more pics and details in the links in my signature.

------------------
*Desktop Photo Here*

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
*bump* by request
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2006 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock