Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Want to Ecotec Your Fiero? Look here... (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Want to Ecotec Your Fiero? Look here... by Fosgatecavy98
Started on: 02-02-2009 05:09 PM
Replies: 179
Last post by: wftb on 01-02-2013 05:47 PM
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

Also,

I can have your setup to run on E85 as well. It cannot however be a typical 'flexfuel' as GM charges 2 fingers and a toe for the flexfuel sensor. But if your really close to empty (ie less than a gallon) you can switch between the 2 if you fill up.

Mine will be running full time on E85 this year, I have it RUNNING at this point on it, just needs to be tuned.

Tell me you are doing this for the high octane rating of E85 and not becuase you're trying to be 'green'... There is A LOT of power to be had by using E85 and boost but one will go through it quite fast... Awesome work by the way.

Page 3... yea!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 04-06-2009).]

IP: Logged
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
I'm seriously considering this swap. Fosgatecavy98, sent you a pm with bunch of easy questions to answer Hopefully it is coherent, I'm on a bunch of meds at the moment.
Riothamus64

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riothamus64Send a Private Message to Riothamus64Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys, I will PM you back later today. I didnt have time to get to them yet. Thanks for the interest

Dan
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Ok I got back to everyone.

I will be attending a few events this year in MI, IN,OH so if you want to see it in action or at a show let me know and I can give ya a schedule!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Ok I got back to everyone.

I will be attending a few events this year in MI, IN,OH so if you want to see it in action or at a show let me know and I can give ya a schedule!

Wish you could come out for Westfest in California. There are quite a few Ecotec fans here. (We have high gas prices, 3800SC + manuals are no-go because of SMOG, and we still like fast cars.)

Fosgate, have you figured out how to make the LSJ (supercharged), or the LNF (DI, turbocharged) work?
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Wish you could come out for Westfest in California. There are quite a few Ecotec fans here. (We have high gas prices, 3800SC + manuals are no-go because of SMOG, and we still like fast cars.)

Fosgate, have you figured out how to make the LSJ (supercharged), or the LNF (DI, turbocharged) work?

My setup should work good for a LSJ or a L61 or LSJ converted to Turbo.

Cali is a problem because of emissions. Megasquirt can be set to pass emissions, but wont work good unless you have an OBD connection, which is beyond my ability.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Fosgatecavy98

2969 posts
Member since Jul 2005
UNTIL MAY 1st

I am offering $25 dollars off the base package for the first person to order off of Pennocks. This unit would be completed in mid may. It will also include FREE SHIPPING.

If payment is received BEFORE April 25th. I will knock another 5 bucks off.

The base package includes the pre-loaded ECM+Base harness, detailed colored wiring instructions, list of part numbers/parts needed to complete, FAQ/Troubleshooting page all bundled in a nice little folder.

Adding this to the first post as well.
The additional options/packages can also be included. If you have any questions on contents or pricing email me at DICE033@aol.com.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Bump, anyone ready to take the plunge?
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'll be the first, what is the cost?

Cordially,
Kevin
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

OK, I'll be the first, what is the cost?

Cordially,
Kevin

Shoot me an Email and I can go over the costs of everything and anything extra you would like.
DICE033@aol.com
PFF
System Bot
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Bump

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Direct Link to This Post
hey, did anyone see the newest hot rod mag.They did a build up on a ecotec LS-J,It made 372 HP! How does that stack up to a 3800 s/c?
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madbrad01:

hey, did anyone see the newest hot rod mag.They did a build up on a ecotec LS-J,It made 372 HP! How does that stack up to a 3800 s/c?

Do you happen to know where that article came from? What month?
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Bump, lots of interest from you guys and various other forums, but PFF is the only one without a single order
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
I'm 3 weeks away from putting a new swap in my car, and am interested, but I definitely want to see costs first. I would want the plug&pray one..

[This message has been edited by aaronkoch (edited 05-23-2009).]

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
PM sent!
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I am interested and have some funds at the moment, however I have not purchased the engine yet. How much of a bearing does the type of Ecotec have on the kit? Thanks
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

I am interested and have some funds at the moment, however I have not purchased the engine yet. How much of a bearing does the type of Ecotec have on the kit? Thanks

Well, its basically a 50/50, the newer Ecotecs, which I have deemed Gen 2 (whether or not anyone else calls them that offically) have a different crank wheel than 'gen 1.' Gen 1 has a 7 tooth (7x) while Gen 2 has a 58 tooth (60-2). Both use different sensors to pick them up (VR and Hall-Effect), Megasquirt units do not play well with both of them and require me to build the ignition circuit differently.

Does this make a difference to you? A little bit, its a bit more costly to do a Gen 2 Ecotec, and a bit more time, there isnt any gain to it from an electronics stand point either.

GEN 1 L61 Ecotecs are found in the earlier cars; Cavaliers, Sunfires, Malibus. The Gen 2 is found in newer cars; Cobalts, G5s, HHRs, etc.

I am going to get an OFFICAL list of each year has which. I believe some of the earlier Ions have the 7x crank and mid-year they changed them. Its easiest to tell by the crank sensor found by the starter and oil filter, 2-wire sensors are the Gen 1. 3 wired sensors are the Gen 2.

Hopefully that clears that up
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fossie,

I've been trying to figure out something with wiring the Ecotec to Megasquirt, and all sites dealing with it so far have been as clear as mud.

It's obvious that with the Ecotec ECM being a 4-channel injector controller, and Megasquirt being a 2-channel injector controller, you need to put two injectors per channel, making it a "wasted-fuel" setup, (just like the "wasted-spark" setup for the ignition).

My question is, which injectors need to go to channel 1, and which ones go to channel 2? Not one Megasquirt website or forum seems to have this info for the Ecotec, just the V6 GM engines.

Thanks man! I'm hoping my setup will make noise this weekend. Everything is pretty much ready to fire it up... except the injector wires.

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Aircraft Electronics Technician Second Class
AIMD Brunswick (2007-present)
Patrol Squadron Ten (2003-2007)
United States Navy

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
INJ1 (33&34) goes to injectors 1 and 2, INJ2 (35&36) goes to injectors 3 and 4
PFF
System Bot
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
You rock! Thanks dude!
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
No problem, thanks for the free bump
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Here is the pricing as of June 3rd.

$500 Base package is which includes the ECM/Wiring Harness for a 02-04 L61 Ecotec.*
$400 Ignition Package includes the ICM, Performance Wires, Plugs and complete wiring for the conversion on the ignition side of it.
$350 Tuning Package includes Wideband, calibrated and ready for MS. And LSJ 32# injectors (does not have to be installed, but a must for upgrades)
$110 Wiring Package, all extra connectors and sensors needed. Its a "Catch-All" package or gives you credit for parts your engine does not include, as I have most in stock and ship ASAP.

*With all kits I provide part numbers and models you can get parts from at yards if you want to go that route, but you also loose the PnP portion of the wiring. I also include a 3 ring binder with detailed colored wiring schematics, basic tuning information, a base tune, and troubleshooting/FAQ. I back my work 100% and if anything goes wrong with the ECM, I will pay shipping to get it here and get it back to you, but Ive ran mine and others many miles without issues (since 2007 to be exact).

The kit does require some soldering/crimping to finish it off (mostly grounds, nothing difficult I promise!) But again you have my support and contacts, if any difficult issues arise!

If you would like to purchase the entire kit, I will knock $60 bucks off and give you free shipping. Let me know, as I can work with you with any portion of the wiring/build.

Thanks,
Dan
DICE Performance Development
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
TTT for those who just emailed me
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Bump!
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

I am starting an official line of ECMs now, support is expanded a bit for the various engines in the family.

Contact me @ DICE033@aol.com
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

I am starting an official line of ECMs now, support is expanded a bit for the various engines in the family.

Contact me @ DICE033@aol.com

I really like this kit! I think, living in Cali with expensive summer gas, Ecotec's might actually be a quick swap now. Thanks for doing this

If you're in touch with Roger Thelin, maybe you could band together and offer both hardware and software together, A one-stop-shop (dropshipped) so to speak.
If you do talk to him, suggest making his kit work with: F-35, Ecotec LSJ, and Ecotec LNF engines, and catalytic converters. (for Cali use)

Do you have a website as well?
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, what Austrian import said. I concurre

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 07-07-2009).]

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys,

Currently I run off of EcotecForum.com, as a temporary site, you can find more information there. I will be putting up a website later this year (early fall) as more money comes around.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys,

Currently I run off of EcotecForum.com, as a temporary site, you can find more information there. I will be putting up a website later this year (early fall) as more money comes around.

Link? so we can find you?

PFF
System Bot
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Opps lol
http://www.ecotecforum.com/...orumdisplay.php?f=97
Im working this week on updating everything, I have just moved the office area to a new location, but my address will remain the same for shipping purposes.

[This message has been edited by Fosgatecavy98 (edited 07-07-2009).]

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverDirect Link to This Post
im interested too. my stock 84 has prevented me from driving in the summer for the last 7 years - it stalls out when the weather is hot - but the car is NOT overheating. dunno, not asking for help here, but i am sick of not being able to drive. and to top it off, now my clutch is going bad - should i pour more money into it or do an ecotec swap? cant drive it like it is and gas is expensive in quebec. my question is that there are 4 packages - 500$, 400$, 350$ and 110$ - would i need all four packages? so the complete package is 1360? or is one just for those that want horsepower increases? or is im not afraid of soldering provided the instructions are well written - i need to know what wire (on an 84) to what wire on the kit. what about the mounts, what about the connection to the clutch slave cylinder? - it OK with me for the shifting to be backwards - great joy riding prevention yaknow.

enuf rambling

jon

------------------
I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
any news?
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Sorry guys I did not see the thread bumped.

Longjohn, the kit prices are setup like this

The base kit is like buying a computer, without the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and the only extra it comes with is the power cord. The smaller kits are merely there for people who do not want to piece together the remaining parts. If you have a deal somewhere with a junkyard, autoparts, etc.

However purchasing the kit allows me to do more of the wiring (atleast with the ignition side of it), and will save you time at the expense obviously of spending a bit more money for the convenience.

News,

Of course! We are still working on the LE5/L61 ecotec hybrid and this may turn into a new option with a higher base HP rating, closing in on 190hp with all the necessary modifications and tuning required for the swap .

I am also branching out to sailrails and dune buggies, as the ecotec is catching on strong in that sector!

If I miss this thread again PM me or email me guys, I hate missing the questions, DICE033@aol.com
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
What would be the turnaround time approx?

Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

What would be the turnaround time approx?

For what exactly?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

For what exactly?

An engine on the cradle. Or a cradle with all the mounts already fabricated.
Maybe a wiring harness already done.

I'm thinking about finding an Ecotec on a junk yard (with F-35 tranny) and having a lot of time saved by having some of the assembly steps pre-fabbed.
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

I have a hard time putting an exact time on it, because of the variables that come up.

But saying I have everything in my shop ready to go, It could be on the low end 2 weeks for the the mechanical portion of it. I would safetly say 5 weeks incase of issues come up, but that would allow everything to be well revised and checked.

ECM+Wiring, I give two options for time.

Option 1: 2-3 weeks. Payment made in full (Discounted from total price).
Option 2 4-5 weeks. 50% of the purchase price is required, and the rest is required within 14 days of purchase.

I try and be absolutely as flexible as I possible as I can with customers.
MisterHolaMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterHolaManSend a Private Message to MisterHolaManDirect Link to This Post
I just found this page, and I have barely any money and my only car is my busted ass Fiero. What wiring kit would get the engine fully running, and how much should I be expecting to spend? I think I can get mounts and trans adapters for myself.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock