Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote by madcurl
Started on: 06-14-2005 03:55 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: madcurl on 01-31-2013 10:41 PM
Pontihack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontihackSend a Private Message to PontihackDirect Link to This Post
A, definitely.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scythe:

C) Gunmetal

Hehe. I already have them. 19x7.5 fronts w/chrome lip.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-15-2005).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Why pay so much money just to hide them with black paint?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Why pay so much money just to hide them with black paint?

Hmm....Batman/Jessie jame's Viper? I know---I'm loosing it, hehee.

or take a look at this bad boy Firebird with "Wet Black-out" rims lambo-doors.

http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/whips/

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-15-2005).]

vantastic1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vantastic1Click Here to visit vantastic1's HomePageSend a Private Message to vantastic1Direct Link to This Post
Black, black is always in season

------------------

Vantastic!

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
A gets my vote
FieroGTdude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTdudeSend a Private Message to FieroGTdudeDirect Link to This Post
A...all the way
Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
B all black.
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
A , needs the contrast

------------------
85 GT 3.4
Auto 3.08
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60"

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
go with all black only if your going to use nice big white wall tires...
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
"A" all the way!
PFF
System Bot
flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusDirect Link to This Post
A
Dough19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dough19Send a Private Message to Dough19Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

go with all black only if your going to use nice big white wall tires...

LOL seriously though........go with A If all black then you don't even look at the wheels, the silver lip brings out much needed contrast that draws your eyes into it.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone look at the link?

Tell me what you think?

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Tell me what you think?

Looked at it. I think it is a good thing that there are silver rivits to offset the black on the wheels. All black is good if you are trying to keep people from looking at it, like when you are embarased at the pattern, design, style. Accent colors are good if you want people to look, like when you are proud of the wheels you spent money on.

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Black or chrome is the way to go. I love gunmetal (5 spoke, no polished lip), but yeah....

I'd say go with A in this case.

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
remember, he is going for the "stealth" look. and i think for that look, it needs to be all black. trust me, you'll see the wheels. and you'll see the big brakes behind it.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Did anyone look at the link?

Tell me what you think?

Dang... that's cool - I would never have thought that a 1980 F-Body could look good with scissor doors!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Dang... that's cool - I would never have thought that a 1980 F-Body could look good with scissor doors!

That's what I said too.

Originally posted by justa6:

remember, he is going for the "stealth" look. and i think for that look, it needs to be all black. trust me, you'll see the wheels. and you'll see the big brakes behind it.

Yes. The stealthy wide body look.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Jessie James also has a 2005 Bently coupe w/blackout rims on black. A Viper he used to have is too all colored-out in root beer brown---rims too.

Both cars are way too serious looking for the road. Looks like a Tony Sorprano driving it.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Darth Vader:

I vote for Black. It's the new bling,so in right now.

:cool

Man....the darkside is deeply dark.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I saw a black Avalanche today with blacked out wheels and a chrome lip, it was HOT! So I still vote A and it would seem that the blacked out center is the new look for the 21st century. I may have to reconsider my look for #14...hmmmm
justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
chrome lip

no chrome lip

for the stealth look, no chrome lip. for the bling bling look, do the chrome

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

I vote for A.

Solid black just reminds me of cheap steel wheels.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Curly do not give into the Dark Side !

A, A, A, and A again !!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

no chrome lip

for the stealth look, no chrome lip. for the bling bling look, do the chrome

The dark side is calling me. Yoda....help me!

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
"If you only knew the power of the darkside"

I really don't know what I'd buy if i was spendin the big bucks for some wheels, mine was cheap just had then painted gloss black with clearcoat. Here's some pics to help not make up your mind, I love then all. How about red

[This message has been edited by Darth Vader (edited 06-17-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
all black with chrome trim bolts....match the rest of the car in black and carbon fiber, aluminium rivets, led front/rearlights and sidemarkers, aircraft style fasteners....etc..and a set of sidewinders
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
I love me some BLACK!!!

I would do the same color scheme on my Trailblazer as you are thinking of doing if..... my wife would let me haha.

I will try to whip up another photoshop to help you out.

--Will

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

1164 posts
Member since Aug 2002
Here you go,

I like it!

--Will

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Vader:

THAT is stealth

PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Bring the wheels to West Fest Curly... I will bring a can of black spray paint, and a can of as close to chrome as possible. I will also bring a jar of Lye, so that we can get the paint of in the meantime! Then we can see which ones look the best!

--- Goobz!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 06-19-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

Bring the wheels to West Fest Curly... I will bring a can of black spray paint, and a can of as close to chrome as possible. I will also bring a jar of Lye, so that we can get the paint of in the meantime! Then we can see which ones look the best!

--- Goobz!

Is the NSX tranny ready? We can drop-in the NSX and start spraying the rims, hehe. I hope the paint will hold using the NSX.

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

HellYes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scythe:

C) Gunmetal

I always found that word being used to describe that color a little odd. That is not the color of any metal part on any gun I have ever owned. Not even close, and I own a lot of guns. More than I could possibly lift anyway. Well, The old Ithica is close, but that's just cause the blueing has gone to hell.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the dark-side has taken it's toll on me. Like Darth Vadar once said, "It is you destiny." Okay, were's my black suit?

Thanks for all of the votes and pics. MadMax here I come, hehe

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-19-2005).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'd go for the black with a chrome lip, nice contrast...

However, I kinda like the all black... it says you're not trying to attract attention, you know what you got and you dont care what other people think. One of my dream cars is a semi gloss/almost primer RX-7 with black wheels and a single turbo. I have no idea why but I think it looks amazing.

justa6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:
... it says you're not trying to attract attention, you know what you got and you dont care what other people think.

hence the stealth look! go for it curly. stick with the ALL BLACK

Joel

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Went out and got some reinforcements. The Dark side will be defeated.

If red looks good you know the black with chrome lip will be hot on a black car !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-01-2005).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I've got to vote "a". The all black reminds me of a set of chrome wheels that the plating chipped off of, so they were painted all black. But that's just MY opinion..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock