Started on: 05-17-2004 02:01 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Oslo on 09-02-2004 06:11 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
OVERVIEW:
Well, It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, and since my car is always being modded and changed, I thought it was a good time for an update. A lot has happened over the winter and so far this spring.
1986 2.8L 4spd GT
This used to be my GT (Circled in red):
MinngreenGT's backyard...
It was in an accident and then it was a parts car, then it got rebuilt, and I bought it from RacingMan24.

Last winter, it looked like this:

At that point, I had changed the wheels, added the front chinspoiler w/foglights, replaced the busted quarter windows with custom tinted windows with no GT logo, added the wing, and a little work on the interior.

Here's a picture of the car now as it sits in my driveway:

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed In Progress...
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep

fieroperformancemods@yahoo.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
WHAT'S BEEN DONE:
Since the last update I did, I put Monza exhaust tips on (Replaced megaphone tips), overhauled the interior, added a reverse mustang scoop on the decklid, and started a nitrous install.

Audiobahn 8" Sub
Audiobahn plate speakers in rear
Audiobahn 6X9s in front dash

Grey Marble dash bezels surround a black and white interior. Carpet is black, dash is black, shift boot is custom black & white leather.

Lots of fun stuff going on in the interior...

I bought this car with a freshly rebuilt 2.8L with ported intake and exhaust. I put a partial MSD ignition (6a box and coil) and a CAI on it along with a hypertech chip. Cut out the cat and replaced it with a glasspack .

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 05-17-2004).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
IN PROGRESS:
For the last few weeks I've been working on a DIY nitrous kit. I started with a bottle by NOS, ordered all custom lines, autometer gauge, and Dynotune solenoids. I have a pressure regulated bottle heater, purge system, and a remote bottle opener. (That's what all the red switches are next to the speedometer cluster...)

I just ordered new Black Chrome exhaust tips by Ractive:

I'm not very happy with my Monza exhaust tips, so I thought I'd try something different...

6 inches wide!

The other project I'm working on right now is a COMPLETE suspension overhaul. I pulled the suspension off of my other Fiero and glass beaded everything, pressed out the old bushings and installed all new poly-urethane bushings, new ball joints, and new control arms:

The car will be lowered about 2" all around.

Other than that, that's all I have going now.
Every "in-progress" thing I have listed here will be completed in a week or two. The only big thing left to do is paint.
I had the body all finished but then I decided that I want a cowl hood scoop so, after that gets done, I'm going to be repainting it like the original OsloFiero:

Silver and black. Hopefully by the end of the summer this car will FINALLY be finished...

Thanks for reading!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Seeing the car the way it is, it's kind of tough to keep all the projects going, but I know that I am close to finishing. If you think it looks bad, that's OK, sometimes I do too...

I just keep thinking to myself..."When it's done, it's going to be kickass!" So, bear with me if you don't like it yet. I gaurantee you, when I'm done with this thing, you'll LOVE IT!

OTHER PLANS:
This is a list of things that I haven't started yet, but will be getting too sometime this summer:

New Chin Spoiler (Mine got broke last winter)
Cowl Hood Scoop
Mr. Mikes Black Leather seats
SS brake lines
5spd Tranny

Then when I get this one done, I want to buy a GT notchie and have matching GTs (Notchie and Fastback) Hopefully I'll have the two totally done next year.

atwrk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for atwrkSend a Private Message to atwrkDirect Link to This Post
Looks like your doing a great job!..........when can you get my car in for a rebuild? hehehe j/k

------------------
Blue 87GT
Black 87 Base (sold)

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
Is that a money back guarantee?

------------------
*ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* Hi, this is Kettle, leave a message at the beep.. *beep* Hello Kettle, this is the pot.. You're black

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DotTC:
Is that a money back guarantee?

[sarcasm] Thanks for your $.02. I know that I can always count on your encouraging words. [/sarcasm]

You don't have anything better to do than start sh!t with me on this forum, do you? Back off. Everytime I post something, you are an ass.

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good bro... i'm kinda in the same situation as you are... waiting to finish up body prep all by hand for a killer paint job, been prepping and blocking since january..... don't worry, like you said when its all done its gonna kick ass!!!! Just hang in there bud!

[This message has been edited by The Aura (edited 05-17-2004).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Oslo - what happened to your chin spoiler? Want to see if it's repairable? Let me know...

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
looks like you're making great progress! It hard to see the light at the end of the restoration tunnel, but i agree with you itll be work it once the parts are on, paints done, and lookin purdy!

i still got a ways to go on mine. The plan: 2.8 -> 3.4, auto->manual, new 1/4 windows, mustang decklid scoop, hood vent, maybe side scoops. And paint.

------------------
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THE FIERO!

Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Kosei K1s, Kumho Ecsta V700s, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Where'd you get these tips. These are the look I have been searching for. How much did you pay for em? Thanks Jason

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths..................A soldier dies but once.

Red 86 SE
Yellow 87 GT
Gold 86 SE (wrecked)
Red 84 2.5 Coupe

PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
fierofreak- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7901952392&category=33633&sspagename=WDVW

MinnGreenGT - I'll take a few pictures of it tomorrow and PM them to you.

thanks to everyone else for the encouraging words!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Rob- Check your PMs Please.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 05-18-2004).]

Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
Got any pics of those tips installed yet?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I love the exhaust tips, I might look into getting some in the summer. I have the whole red/black/gunmetal thing going on with my car and they'd look perfect. I can see your car turning out pretty nice in the end... once its all one colour

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Dude, do you have gauge pods on the pass side of the car or am I just crazy?

j/k *looks at passenger* hey dude, can you tell me what my Air/Fuel reading is?

You have some ummm interesting interior mods to say the least. Good luck with that.

Steven

------------------
'02 Subaru WRX, 5MT, Loaded, "free mods", Green induction, Vishnu silicone hoses & ECM, Gutted up-pipe, Halman ES MBC @ 15.5psi, JDM STi guage cluster, EGT/02 fix.
'88 Fiero Formula 5-speed, Loaded, Sunroof, YELLOW! EBC Green stuff pads, Poly everything, Bridgestone Potenza RE930's, K&N, Sprint headers, Cat elim, T/B coolant elim, Dickman UGSK w/ comp short throw shifter, KYB's and the list continues.....
'87 Fiero GT 4.9/4T60e w/3.33 final drive, ZEX nitrous 65hp shot, 88 cradle w/ 325# coil overs, Poly everything, Upgraded sway bars, KYB's, 16X7 M11's, 11.25 "Zettner" front brakes, Complete MSD ignition w/ 6AL box, Custom 2.5" Flowmaster exhaust, Grand Sport Corvette paint, Carbon fiber interior trim, '98 T/A CD w/ ETR, Reverse Indiglo guages, Pillar mounted AutoMeter O2, Hella H4 conversion.
Follow its built up here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/027460.html
Sadly... SOLD.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-18-2004).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Razor Wing- Looks like the tips will probably be going on on Monday. I'm too busy to get them on before then.
doublec4- "once its all one colour" HAHAHA Yeah, I wish. Someday...
BV Motorsports- Yes, I do have 2 pillar gauge pods in my interior. Ya see, I initially wouldn't have done that, but I had my set left over from my turbo install and I had already put a new set of gauges in my car because I had plans to sell the original with the turbo kit.
Well, I didn't sell it and so I decided, what the hell. I put it on. Now, I have 1 nitrous gauge, 1 boost gauge, and 2 A/F ratio gauges. The nitrous gauge is hooked up. The Boost gauge is hooked up (But of course only reads vacuum... ) and the 2 A/F gauges are hooked up. Some day I'm going to swap out the passenger side A/F gauge for something else.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

fierofreak- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item =7901952392&category=33633&sspagename=WDVW

thanks to everyone else for the encouraging words!

Thanks alot!!

SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
Is there a write-up on the subwoofer install? I just purchased the Audibahn ALUM8P to put right in the center consol and I was wondering what your way of going about it was? Thanks alot!

~Adam

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

[sarcasm] Thanks for your $.02. I know that I can always count on your encouraging words. [/sarcasm]

You don't have anything better to do than start sh!t with me on this forum, do you? Back off. Everytime I post something, you are an ass.

He just asked a question...

Anyway's... Look's like it coming along... Going to be original!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y** ~ GT!! One of One!!

** = 2nd WideBody Version coming soon... :)

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:
He just asked a question...

You're right steve, but everytime I post around here he's right on my ass trying to mess with me and it's not very cool.
You've had this problem several times I believe...

------------------

Fiero Performance Mods
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2004 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting keep us posted and some more pics.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

You're right steve, but everytime I post around here he's right on my ass trying to mess with me and it's not very cool.

Since when have I talked junk about my good buddy smoooth?

------------------
*ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* Hi, this is Kettle, leave a message at the beep.. *beep* Hello Kettle, this is the pot.. You're black

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
HEY OSLO. When can we see some more pics? I liked what you were doing with O1 now show us whats up with O2.

------------------

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Well... Yeah somewhat... I gave him a few children link's and that has kept him busy for awhile lately...

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by DotTC:

Since when have I talked junk about my good buddy smoooth?

Been awhile... and better stay that way too.. Don't make me come in the chat room...

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Got the tips on finally and pictures taken:

They look and sound great, but now I'm going to need to pull off the exhaust to sand and paint it so it looks as nice as the tips!!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2004 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
a bump for those of you that wanted to see the tips.

I should be getting my NOS install done in the next few days also. I'll update again after that.

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
Very nice work man. But you know once you think you are finished you'll find something else to do to it !!!!
What steering wheel is that ?
Any thoughts on what color you are going to paint it ?
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Zoom88

3838 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Very nice work man. But you know once you think you are finished you'll find something else to do to it !!!!
What steering wheel is that ?
Any thoughts on what color you are going to paint it ?

------------------

diginostics.com/Fiero/fiero.html

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2004 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Yeah, I don't know what I'm gonna spend all my time and money on either when it's all done... maybe I'll actually have some money saved up... That'd be nice!~

It's going to be silver and black like my old Fiero in my sig.

------------------

Fiero Performance Mods
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2004 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
just took some pics with my friends car.
i am sick of only posting gross pictures of my POS car... hehehe

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got a bunch done the last day or 2...
COMPLETE REBUILD of the suspension. So far I have the rear done. All NEW ball joints, tie rods and poly bushings. Lowering springs, and new shocks.
My goal is to have the front done in the next 2 days. Updates then.

oh, and B U M P!

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Almost got the front done today. Ran out of cotter pins and time.

And my lovely assistant: NEIL!

Lothurin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LothurinClick Here to visit Lothurin's HomePageSend a Private Message to LothurinDirect Link to This Post
man i envy you...u got a car coming along very nicely and a place to work on it! While my fiero sits in my parents yard with a busted column, no battery and bad rubbers. I"m sure i need a few other parts for it to but no cash.

And my GTZ is here in Grand Forks getting more miles put on it while i have no tools here to do anything

------------------
Lothurin

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
What's a GTZ?
---------

Tomorrow, I'll be re-attaching the rear anti-sway bar, bleeding the brakes ( I had to fix a brake line...) take some finished and lowered pictures and off to the alignment shop for a 4 wheel alignment, and wheel balancing!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-14-2004).]

Lothurin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LothurinClick Here to visit Lothurin's HomePageSend a Private Message to LothurinDirect Link to This Post

What's a GTZ?
---------

Tomorrow, I'll be re-attaching the rear anti-sway bar, bleeding the brakes ( I had to fix a brake line...) take some finished and lowered pictures and off to the alignment shop for a 4 wheel alignment, and wheel balancing!

Its a Chevy Beretta GTZ. Quad4 HO w/5 speed no option of a automatic

not my GTZ but its a friends...mines missing paint and has a primered trunk

------------------
Lothurin

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got the suspension finished up today. And I'm just waiting on an alignment before I can drive her again.
I got my nitrous jets in the mail, and I'm just waiting for one more piece to finish up my nitrous install!

I still don't know exactly how much I lowered it ( ) but I'll just line it up to a stock Fiero and find out some day. The front is lower than the rear. I cut 1.5 coils off of the front and used Suspension Techniques lowering springs for the back. Now all I need is some fatter tires for the back...
I love it!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-14-2004).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
oooooh, and now I see that I also have a burnt out tail light!!! better go fix that!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2004 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

oooooh, and now I see that I also have a burnt out tail light!!! better go fix that!

And one in the left front

Hurry up with that thing so I can take it on

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock