Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote by madcurl
Started on: 06-14-2005 03:55 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: madcurl on 01-31-2013 10:41 PM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Dub = 20 inch + , Duce = 22's Dub Duce = When you want to be cool. lol

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

IP: Logged
fieroman22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
heres what i plan to do, though they arent 5x100 easy fix....
http://www.wheelsnext.com/product.phtml?p=2162
The Poopsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The PoopsmithSend a Private Message to The PoopsmithDirect Link to This Post
Looks good but,can you get them cheaper than 2400 a piece? that will be 9600 when your done, hope you get free shipping with that.
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
don't really like the black out look on wheels unless there is a chrome lip around the edge... i just think it gets all lost in the darkness of the wheelwells, tire and misc parts in behind... therefore i vote... black with chrome lip.

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I've been looking for a reason to post this in GFC...

The Camaro Concept car had 22s

Codeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CodemanSend a Private Message to CodemanDirect Link to This Post
Definately 'A'.....when i see a car driving by with all black rims they look like they are rolling on winter tires with no hubcaps until they stop and i see they are aftermarket, the chrome lip makes it look sweet
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
Here are some A examples on some of our client's cars (Excuse the crappy camera phone):

E55 AMG

SL65 AMG (Wheels are actually gunmetal, car is black)

------------------

"My engine's runnin' on time, my head's so f*cked up inside" -Breaking Benjamin

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post

AaronZ34

2322 posts
Member since Oct 2004
And our Z3 3.0

And the Z3 3.0 15min before the new rims:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
DUB's 285/30/20 Hmm....an option for wide body Fieros?

Blue Murc

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Massive blue rollors???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FbGverN1un4&search=lamborghini

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-01-2006).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Another example of black rims with polished lip, as seen on my XR6 Turbo. 19" in this case.

PFF
System Bot
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I've been looking for a reason to post this in GFC...

The Camaro Concept car had 22s

actually its 21's up front, 22's in the rear. i was just watching that car awards thing on Spike TV and the camaro won for best concept

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
how about this one

or this one

Joe

------------------
Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, Racing seats, used Fiero parts, Authorized MOMO dealer, Authorized SSBC dealer, Powerdyne dealer, KVR Performance brake dealer and many more.....

Coming soon this fall, Race-Tech will be doing custom exhaust systems foe any car or truck up to 3"......

www.thefieroshop.com www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetek@idirect.com

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:

how about this one

Joe

That car was the original one that I used when I first spoke to HRE. It was the ver first Fiero with rims that inspired me.

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
A
Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
I still like all black, but I my be just a little biased

------------------
You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside

[This message has been edited by Darth Vader (edited 04-22-2006).]

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2006 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
A
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2006 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A Bump for troyboy.

Woops, I forgot the link. http://store.yahoo.com/wheelsperformancecom/hre.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-17-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2006 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very nice.

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2006 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Codeman:

Definately 'A'.....when i see a car driving by with all black rims they look like they are rolling on winter tires with no hubcaps until they stop and i see they are aftermarket, the chrome lip makes it look sweet

DITTO

------------------

Smurf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SmurfClick Here to visit Smurf's HomePageSend a Private Message to SmurfDirect Link to This Post
alrighty mad, i gots to say i am quite happy with my 20's with the polished lip.... hmmm i am trying to find a good host for my pictures so that i can up load them but im not sure where to find a good one....

my wheels are motegi racing DP12's haha however small the tires are they are 225 30 20's all the way around General UHP exclaims

and go with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

------------------

Motegi Racing DP12's 20X7.5
lace 15's with 205f/225r 50 15 khumo ecsta 711
PS2. iPod. 1600 Watts

PFF
System Bot
Smurf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SmurfClick Here to visit Smurf's HomePageSend a Private Message to SmurfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

wow this pics spreading around fast, i guess i should update my tag hey lol

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Yes. You should, hehe.

wow this pics spreading around fast, i guess i should update my tag hey lol

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-14-2006).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I plan on throwing some rs limited concept pro's on my GT once it gets out of paint. Same rim as the Rota Subzero.

Rota

Concept Pro's
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Hi Madcurl, glad that this car has inspired you. It has been out of commision since 2001, haven't decided what engine to put into the car..... I think the black with chrome lip is the way to go, sometimes rims with the same body color with the chrome lip look excellant... All black can look good to but you need some color to split the black from the black tire, so it dosen't look like one big black circle. Back in 1997 when I bought those Simmons, I sent two years looking for the right wheel that will suite the fiero body lines.. I have to say, you did a fine job with your Fiero, what ever choice you make your car will look sharp.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, Racing seats, used Fiero parts, Authorized MOMO dealer, Authorized SSBC dealer, Powerdyne dealer, KVR Performance brake dealer and many more.....

Coming soon this fall, Race-Tech will be doing custom exhaust systems foe any car or truck up to 3"......

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Back in 1997 when I bought those Simmons, I sent two years looking for the right wheel that will suite the fiero body lines.. I have to say, you did a fine job with your Fiero, what ever choice you make your car will look sharp.

Thanks
Joe

So exactlly what size are those Simmon wheels and the size of the tires uses? Back in 99 or so, I thought they were HRE's so I went with that type of rims at Custom Auto. Do you have any more pics of the car?

Thanks.
Dark69phoenix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dark69phoenixSend a Private Message to Dark69phoenixDirect Link to This Post
Ooh B B B B B Of course I am biased my car is black my bike is black and my favorite color is BLACK. Besides bling is for posers. If you can haul asss they don't see your car that long anyway. Hey mtncrasher your car is not bad I am partial to flat black (bike is that color) you just need bigger wheels. Hey Madcurl you stuff kicks asss.
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
The size of rims I used were 17 x 7.5 up front and 17 x 9.5 in the rear. The tire sizes I used are 215 45 17 up front and 275 40 17 in the rear. As you can see the tires do not stick pass the body, keeping the car original looking. Since the last time a picture was taken I have added a pair of side quarter panel scoops.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

So exactlly what size are those Simmon wheels and the size of the tires uses? Back in 99 or so, I thought they were HRE's so I went with that type of rims at Custom Auto. Do you have any more pics of the car?

Thanks.

New "blacked-out" Simmon's wheel pics are on the way.

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Hi madcurl, I guess you got my pictures the other night, hope they came in ok.

Joe

------------------

Race-Tech now offers custom exhaust systems for any car or truck up to 3". You bring it we will build it.....

E-Mail racetek@idirect.com ... new e-mail address racetech@bellnet.ca

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Simmons wheels.

This car and these rims inspired madcurl to go with HRE wheels.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-11-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Hey thats me in the background in the black T-shirt...hehe did you see the red 87 GT be side me, thant another fellow Canadian fiero owner with Simmon wheels, I inspried him too.. Many of you may know Bob Cupson with the 3800 S/C series I with two chrome NOS bottles in the front. Oh and how can we not forget his trailer that hauls around.. You can see Bob sitting under his red/white umbrella..

Thanks Madcurl

Joe

------------------

Race-Tech now offers custom exhaust systems for any car or truck up to 3". You bring it we will build it.....

E-Mail racetek@idirect.com ... new e-mail address racetech@bellnet.ca

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hey thats me in the background in the black T-shirt...hehe did you see the red 87 GT be side me, thant another fellow Canadian fiero owner with Simmon wheels, I inspried him too.. Many of you may know Bob Cupson with the 3800 S/C series I with two chrome NOS bottles in the front. Oh and how can we not forget his trailer that hauls around.. You can see Bob sitting under his red/white umbrella..

Thanks Madcurl

Joe

Hey Joe, is this the same car? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058753.html

Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it's not the same car. I seen that same pictures years and years ago.

thanks
Joe

------------------

3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, Racing seats, used Fiero parts, Authorized dealer for MOMO, SSBC, Powerdyne, Magnaflow Exhaust, Prothane, KVR Performance brake's and many more.....

www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetek@idirect.com ... NEW E-mail address racetech@bellnet.ca

Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Nope, not on my ride. All in what you like, I'm not into the blacked out look. But it's your ride.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

I had to look up the etymology of the word

A dub is a wheel or rim that is 20" in size (The term "dub" was derived as a slang term for twenty, from "double dime" or two tens.) Some can be chrome or polished aluminum-alloy. "Dub two"'s are 22" wheels or rims styled similar to standard "dubs". "Dub fo"'s are 24" wheels or rims styled similar to "Dub two"'s" or standard "dubs". "Dub Sixes are 26" wheels. Two Eights or 28" Wheels are now also being produced. Rims that are below 20 inches in diameter are aptly referred to as "sub-dubs".

In recent years, the term "Dub two"'s has been replaced with the terms "dub deuces" and "double deuces".
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What's the term for 21"?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2006 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

What's the term for 21"?

Dub Ace?

What about 23"

Dub Trey?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Helping follow members is a "good thing" but your pipe dreams can sometimes get off tracked, hehe.

A talk with Custom Auto helped me to rethink my original idea.

Exhibit A: (not a true representation of a phat lip but you get the idea)

rims:
#a - Black Center (w/chrome trim bolts)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2006).]

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
I vote 'A.'

Unless you want to go with the "Black Chrome" coating from www.usachrome.com

Something about that coating just makes my mouth water...

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...(pieces, that is!)

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK
-DiabloSport Performance Tune

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay