Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
Going DUB black-out...Cast your vote by madcurl
Started on: 06-14-2005 03:55 PM
Replies: 313
Last post by: madcurl on 01-31-2013 10:41 PM
zMacK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
A.

Two part rim. Inside Black, outside Chrome
Titanium bolts holding the two together.

Can it get more classy?

[This message has been edited by zMacK (edited 07-05-2005).]

IP: Logged
White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
You already have big ass all chrome wheels so go for the opposite, all black. B
--Nathan--

------------------

Finally the carbed, camed, 350 is in the 88GT and deafening people on a regular basis.
Please E-mail me at Wicked88GT@yahoo.com

85-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85-GTSend a Private Message to 85-GTDirect Link to This Post
Ugh... i hate you because you car looks awesome. If you're going black... go all black. I think chrome would look better though.
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Black would not look to bad. I think you should do it.

------------------

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

Darth Vader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth VaderSend a Private Message to Darth VaderDirect Link to This Post
Give yourself to the darkside. It is pointless to resist my son.

And yes I have a thing for Z3 coupes.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
here's a link to my car, since i dont know how to post a pic. 18's, not gun metal, a darker grey, chrome lip..http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12101045&imageID=142843966&Mytoken=20050705202528
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Is it too late to vote, because I go neither....Go with a brushed aluminum with black center for the Road Warrior look. Polished is too Bling...All black and you lose the entire tire/wheel package.

$.02 worth of opinion...

Bob

mtncrasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtncrasherSend a Private Message to mtncrasherDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm....Batman/Jessie jame's Viper? I know---I'm loosing it, hehee.

or take a look at this bad boy Firebird with "Wet Black-out" rims lambo-doors.

http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/whips/

This Jessie James car is bad as hell! It was at the bar I work at last Thursday for a coors promotion. It costs $15k to have it delivered and displayed for 6 hours. Jessie James costs another $24k so he wasn't with the car. One of the guys who was with the car helped build it and had all kinds of stories about it. He said that it is running in the mid 900hp range. Jessie lit the tires up once and they had to buy new rims because both tires blew after about 30 seconds and he kept on going right into the pavement on bare wheels. Why should they care Coors payed for the car to be built, next on their list is my fiero The car was very sweet!
G.

FieroFarmGirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFarmGirlSend a Private Message to FieroFarmGirlDirect Link to This Post
a... for sure
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

a new submission to ponder sent from madcurl himself.

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2005 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do that. 8P'''

PFF
System Bot
88formttp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2005 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formttpSend a Private Message to 88formttpDirect Link to This Post
after seeing the first a pic I am going to change my 88 Red formula with t tops to a black Gt. I have always loved black Fieros GO with the wide lip
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I watched the show "Overhauled" last night. They did an overhaul on a 94 Honda and I was about to the channel when I saw the 5-star Fosse rims. However, the bastards took it a step further by painting the 5-spoke center gunmetal gray. Yes, an extra step that isn't offered I'm guessing? Anyway, the combination was just what I liked. The rivets and inner lip remained chromed while the 5-spokes where painted.

I hate this show but I'm glued to Chip Fosse and his talent. If they would concentrate on the making of the car instead of the cloak and dagger antics of playing tricks on the owner of the car...damn! The stupid hair and false teeth nearly had my finger on the clicker…ready to change the channel.

Okay, end of rant.

Oh well, biker build-off is on tonight. They don't mess around there...they get right down to business.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-10-2005).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
The guys name is Chip FOOSE damit! ..do you have a pic of the wheels you mentioned? Is it this one?

...I saw some of his car buildups on 'rides' on discovery overhere....wow he really gets the best out of a car in the most stylish and classy way...youve already got enough HRE's...get a different set and experiment with them
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

a new submission to ponder sent from madcurl himself.

That is exactly what I suggested earlier in the thread. Has the best look to it.

------------------

DrFunk234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrFunk234Send a Private Message to DrFunk234Direct Link to This Post
b
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

The guys name is Chip FOOSE damit! ..do you have a pic of the wheels you mentioned? Is it this one?

...I saw some of his car buildups on 'rides' on discovery overhere....wow he really gets the best out of a car in the most stylish and classy way...youve already got enough HRE's...get a different set and experiment with them

The Foose's don't come in a 19/20 combo 5x100 bolt pattern. Sorry. I live in Cali....its the golden DUB rule, hehe.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
mix it up, go for something you don't already have.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2005 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

mix it up, go for something you don't already have.

I've been looking into a different company for the past 2-weeks and they are unique...trust me.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I dont what you are paying for wheels but I am pretty sure it is a lot. Drop me an email and see what I have available as I am an agent for 2 of the largest wheel companies in Australia. One of which manufactures wheels for Ferrari. I recently quoted a guy on some 18X10 and 18X12 rims in a 5X 100 bolt pattern to suit his Ferrari replica and they came to $3500 delivered to his door. Not bad for a wheel Ferrari themself use.

------------------

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

I've been looking into a different company for the past 2-weeks and they are unique...trust me.

SPINNERS!

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Lowenhart LSR Black Multi-piece wheel. Unique.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-12-2005).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Lowenhart LSR Black Multi-piece wheel. Unique.

YEP, that is definately an awesome wheel. Great choice!

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 08-12-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very Stealthy Batman-ish

Hmmm. I’m checking my wallet now.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-12-2005).]

davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post
OK, stupid question:

Can anyone tell me what "DUB" is? I see it all over the place, from stickers on cars to die-cast models sold at Wal-Mart. Trust a "stock-addict" like me to not know! Can someone PM me with an answer?

THANKS

------------------

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Don't PM him, post it... I was wondering the same thing....Edumicate me, please?

Bob

spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post
DUB means rims bigger than 20" I think

Nick

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Don't PM him, post it... I was wondering the same thing....Edumicate me, please?

Bob

DUB, DUBS, Twenties, 20's = a slang trim used to represent a 20-inch rim in diameter or bigger. Popularized by the DUB mag, rappers, and celebs.
Look here for pics and detailed talk on going phat rims.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035277.html

22's or bigger are known as "wagon-wheels, pan-cakes" ect...

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-12-2005).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Via Google:
A dub is a wheel or rim that is 20" in size (The term "dub" was derived as a slang term for twenty, from "double dime" or two tens.) Some can be chrome or polished aluminum-alloy. "Dub two"'s are 22" wheels or rims styled similar to standard "dubs".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dub_(wheel)

Bob

GmetalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GmetalGTSend a Private Message to GmetalGTDirect Link to This Post
Black/Chrome lip. For sure.

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

2005 SRT-4

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2005 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
Another catchy definition: nineteen-inch wheels are known as "sub-dubs".
PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

DUB, DUBS, Twenties, 20's = a slang trim used to represent a 20-inch rim in diameter or bigger. Popularized by the DUB mag, rappers, and celebs.
Look here for pics and detailed talk on going phat rims.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035277.html

22's or bigger are known as "wagon-wheels, pan-cakes" ect...

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

Another catchy definition: nineteen-inch wheels are known as "sub-dubs".

Anyone know what 84s are? Bet no one here knows without searching for it. hehe

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2005 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Why pay so much money just to hide them with black paint?

I totally agree...all the black does it "tone down" the wheels so that they blend in with the rest of the car.
If you must paint it black use black paint that is super glossy or has a "wet" look to it.

Kit (86 GT)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Something else in that color combination to drool over !

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
I'm loving all of the black with chrome ring or chrome rivets. Also like the deep look to the rims. Makes me want to change mine.

[This message has been edited by fiero go fast (edited 10-21-2005).]

AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2005 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
i'd say A if the car is all black, if it was white then all black wheels, all black wheels on a black car doesnt look good in my opinion, blends in too much...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
That looks good!

A black-chromed spokes would do the trick!

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
A!
Enterra-BC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Enterra-BCClick Here to visit Enterra-BC's HomePageSend a Private Message to Enterra-BCDirect Link to This Post
A
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
These Black-out HRE's shure looked kick ass in person, I vote these! Similar #a but diferent spokes
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock