Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Choptops, widebodies, and wings ? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
Choptops, widebodies, and wings ? by exoticse
Started on: 03-27-2005 06:11 PM
Replies: 396
Last post by: Australian on 09-12-2012 07:22 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
I am looking at the wide body you are making is it done yet will it be at Daytona how hard is this i mean do you need to be a pro body man or can a weekend guy to do this but just will take him longer
IP: Logged
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

I am looking at the wide body you are making is it done yet will it be at Daytona how hard is this i mean do you need to be a pro body man or can a weekend guy to do this but just will take him longer

Im a weekend guy.. I used to work in a body shop, but nothing heavy duty. I am in the process of building mine. Fiberglass is more of an art then a skill.

vega

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2006 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaDirect Link to This Post
funny thing is custom i am thinking about doing the same thing -but i am not sure what kind of foam i should get- i never used foam when i did the fiber glass work i did with tmy buddy and his harleys we worked on. I know some foam melts

is there a specific type of foam i should be getting that is easy to work with- i know there is polysterene but is that EXACTLY what i want? I have worked with poly before i made a downsided car concept when i was in college of a car i was designing for a class... odly enough even before i was intfieros it looks a little bit like a what a "dub" fiero would probably look like as a toy but larger it is about 3 feet long 1.5 wide and 1.5 tall. spray painted and everything i just need a new digital camera to take some pics.

Also i see that curly beat me to the celica lamps i was going to do the EXACT same thing and then i saw this thread.... oh well... i think i am going to see if there is way to get some lamps that are or at least very close to the f430 lamps from 2005 - any suggestions there? This is going to go very slow i am at work most of the time now and have VERY little time to do work let alone post abotu ti when i get it all done i'll make sure to document evrything i got and post a millian and one pics for you al and the story- i think i am going to start working on the body but i need to get some more resin and knowing what kind of foam is the BEST would move things along.

and chase i have not seen you on IM in a looooong time are you at work more often now as well?

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I am online every once in a while. I am extremely sick at the moment, coughing up blood and puking my guts out. Poly foam is what you are looking for, pink or blue. doesn't really matter. High Density would be your best choice, as low Density is very pebbly, and harder to smooth.

Styrofoam melts unless you coat it with something.

Did you get my new email? Custom2M4@hotmail.com? I am not using the other one anymore.

vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaDirect Link to This Post
ah man I am sooo sorry to here that- and no i did not get your new emial i'll add it now- i look into the highdensity poly i'll get some prices around town as well. I can see if ti si lows menards or home depot or anyone else has the best cheapest of the high den poly. thanx for the info bud GET BETTER i really am sorry to hear you feel like poop- i wish i could get you a boul of soup and a complimentary lap dance from a 18 year old twin japense school girls- but i don't knwo if i can make it to cananda....

i'll try to get a hold of you via that new email though.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vega:
Also i see that curly beat me to the celica lamps i was going to do the EXACT same thing and then i saw this thread.... oh well... i think i am going to see if there is way to get some lamps that are or at least very close to the f430 lamps from 2005 - any suggestions there?

Norms newer style headlamps https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050959.html
or 2005 Corvette headlamps? https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050746-3.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-17-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Well back to my original question that started this thread, would a widebody look good with a wing ?

Well you be the judge,....

(The car, an 87 GT, belongs to forum member FieroGTwideboby)

IMO the answer is YES,..it will look good !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Yes, but moved back a little, he,he.
FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
God Curly your good, I don't know if you were talking about moving it back more but it is moved back about 1.5" is so you really know the proportions of these cars. Good eyes!

------------------
There's two types of cars in the world, Fieros and everything else.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

God Curly your good, I don't know if you were talking about moving it back more but it is moved back about 1.5" is so you really know the proportions of these cars. Good eyes!

Madcurl's #11 was the inspiration and I kept sanding and filling until mine looked similar. The PPE was Madcurl's inspiration, but they have a slightly different shape.

IMO the answer is YES,..it will look good !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
It harder to notice it when the wing is raised due to the stands leaning backward (Jscotts). On a non-raised wing it's very noticable (#011). The bottom of the wing almost reaches the top portion of the rear clip near the taillamps.
PFF
System Bot
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2006 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
holy crap, why haven't i seen any pics/info on that orange widebody until today(just noticed a short build thread before coming in this thread). did you build it in secret or what?

anyway it looks AMAZING, i love the fact that it's wider without it looking like a kit or anything like that. it honestly doesn't look like you did any body mods, but rather bought a kickass sports car. just the way i like it!
are there any more pics/info on this car, i love it so much i want to see/know more about it!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:
anyway it looks AMAZING, i love the fact that it's wider without it looking like a kit or anything like that. it honestly doesn't look like you did any body mods, but rather bought a kickass sports car. just the way i like it!
are there any more pics/info on this car, i love it so much i want to see/know more about it!

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

a family friend Fransisco Vilalba, a Equadorian native who told me, anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car, make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has.

I agree 100%

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Could you imagine if Madcurl and Alex (FieroGTwideboby) were on the original fiero design team ??

Wow.

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Could you imagine if Madcurl and Alex (FieroGTwideboby) were on the original fiero design team ??

Wow.

i'm glad they weren't, if they were these things would probably be selling for 10x the price they are right now at least, and then i wouldn't be able to afford one

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm....widening out? I love the way those front fenders flare out.

Widebodies R' Us?

not sure if this will work:

Wide Receivers: A comparison view...it's all good.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-08-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Very interesting (between the four types)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-08-2006).]

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
hmm, never realized how wide those IMSA front fenders actually were. might be a little too much for my taste, but it'd be a lot easier to find wheels since the front and back could be the same offset probably
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoDirect Link to This Post
I got this idea from the Koenig F55 (Ferrari 355 w/ Koenig tuning and body). I'm thinking of using the Fiero wing and extending the ends, then mounting it on aluminum stands. Also using a similar chin spoiler to the F55. Adding MadCurls Camaro Rear end looks good and of course the semi wide fender of Choptop #15. I think the F355 has similar shape to the Fiero GT. Hmmm..... Fiero may look good with those intakes starting at the door too. It may look similar or better then FieroGTwideboby orange Fiero.

Koenig F55
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2318410

PS
if anyone needs a high res pic of the F55 please pm me.

[This message has been edited by dmancheno (edited 04-08-2006).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
demancheno: I like everything you mentioned (I love the Koenig Ferraris), but if someone were to make all the body mods, wouldn't it be easier to do a 355 body kit? Air Dynamics makes an awesome kit.

Bob

dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoDirect Link to This Post
Hi RCR,

I love the Fiero Fastback body too much to convert (and the notchback body is growing on me ) it over to a F355. I wouldn't add a F355 bumper, but would love to semi wide the body, and use the Koenig F55 aero dynamics design of the car (chin spoiler, wing, roof spoiler) on the Fiero. I think the Fiero Fastback has similar to the Lotus Esprit and Ferrari 355 body. I love what Mad Curls has done to his Fieros (the guy has talent) as well as many people here in the great forum.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Curly,

Do you know the measurements on the height of the modified lip you added ? In other words how much more length did it add to the original nose ?

Just curious how much of the original closed mouth chin spoiler you used vs what is left.

I think you are right about modifying it down, it will still look low and you won't have to deal with kissing the earth so much.

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I must see more pictures of theat 'Banshee'! Is that a sd4 replica? Who owns it? More! More! More!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Wings N' Things: Look's pretty darn close to me.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-02-2006).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Wings N' Things: Look's pretty darn close to me.

Madcurl, as you posted earlier, your wing was the inspiration for mine. I am proud that I personally layed up the fiberglass for those extensions, and I was looking at that picture as I was doing it. It came out nice, but I like your flared wingstands better. Next ones I get from Fiero Warehouse will be the flared type.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

By flared Jscott1 do you mean molded in ?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

By flared Jscott1 do you mean molded in ?

Yes and no. If you look at the base of #11 windstands they get wider as they get closer to the decklid. That's flared. Now Madcurl took it a step further and glassed in the wingstand to make it a permanent part of the decklid versus bolted on. My body guy refused to do that because he said it would immediately crack and look bad. If you flare it there is considerable build up of material and it probably won't crack though.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I see i guess i tdepends on the body guy.

At any rate i will be following in madcurl's and your footsteps,...wingtip extensions are on my list as well.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Plus, I live in CA where jackass's will rip your wing off and mount it on a import. I original got the wing stands from IRM or Fiero Warehouse (1998) which I don't know if they still make the flared stands?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Non-Kissers' :

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Plus, I live in CA where jackass's will rip your wing off and mount it on a import. I original got the wing stands from IRM or Fiero Warehouse (1998) which I don't know if they still make the flared stands?

So madcurl the ones on #11 were originally flared when you purchased them ? I thought Trends did that.

Doug at Fierowarehouse makes flared ones i believe and they mount from the existing mounting points.

I have a set of their non-flared 5 " wing stands, very good quality stuff.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

So madcurl the ones on #11 were originally flared when you purchased them ? I thought Trends did that.

Doug at Fierowarehouse makes flared ones i believe and they mount from the existing mounting points.

I have a set of their non-flared 5 " wing stands, very good quality stuff.

The ones on #011 were already flared when I purchased them. The had some funky type of connection that mounted to the original stands and a big rubber pad. One thing that I do know is, I got them for less than $60 bucks or so, but they have doubled in price, hehe. I might get another set but, for now the Camero bow-tie wing will do @ $10 bucks at the junk yard.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Non-kissing cont: Side pics

Checking for "Kissing" issues.

Baby side fins...

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-04-2006).]

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
woh where did that blue one come from?
Skratch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkratchClick Here to visit Skratch's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkratchDirect Link to This Post
Better yet, where did those marker lights come from?
Those look great with the color and other body mods on the car!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
I have choped the top of my 88 plus i am adding archies rockers and these fender flares i think i need to move them higher and forward
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
fieroman22 - That is Mazda Blue. I'm not sure of the code, but I can find out.

Skratch - Those are Corvette C5 marker lights. I got the idea from Madcurl as he is using C6 markers on #15. The front markers are the European spec markers for the rear since the C5 Corvette doesn't have separate markers in the front. I ordered them out the Ekler's catalog, funny now for some reason they think I have a 5th gen 'Vette

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-05-2006).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Like the corvett side markers and that you got rid of the body molding i just keep wanting to do more to my project i dont know if i will ever get it done I gota stop adding thing to the list
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2006 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Wide body Officially getting "pimp'd out" at Archie's.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-09-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock