Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Choptops, widebodies, and wings ? (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
Choptops, widebodies, and wings ? by exoticse
Started on: 03-27-2005 06:11 PM
Replies: 396
Last post by: Australian on 09-12-2012 07:22 AM
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Benja:
Could someone photochop a stock GT, keeping the stock angles between the windshield and roof, basically just cutting a few inches off the rear end above the quarter panel and lowering? Blending to look asthetically pleasing of course...

You should post your request in the photo chop top thread, you will probably get someone to do it there
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/068738-31.html
IP: Logged
Benja

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BenjaSend a Private Message to BenjaDirect Link to This Post
Will do. Thanks
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Choptops, widebodies, and wings !

Pedro from Orlando, still pondering the widebody part, but he has got the choptop and wing part down !

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
Just a bump for now as work in progress but this has been one of my favourite threads never thought id be a contributer 6 years later.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Choptops, widebodies, and wings,....2 out of 3 ain't bad.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Not the first, but one of the first original widebody fieros every built !

car is for sale btw, by the builder and owner.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Not the first, but one of the first original widebody fieros every built !

car is for sale btw, by the builder and owner.

The car is now in CA. New owner and it's not me.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The car is now in CA. New owner and it's not me.

My friend says he see a women drivnig the car and he'll take a few pics.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

My friend says he see a women drivnig the car and he'll take a few pics.

My friend said that the owner (women) was driving the car in Livermore, CA lost control while driving over Black ice and wrecked the car. I don't know if the car is totalled.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-06-2012).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
This should count...

------------------

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

This should count...

I am so keen to see what you do after seeing your drawings.
PFF
System Bot
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Direct Link to This Post
Here is the latest Mad-Arch wide-body nothchie.......

18x8" with 235's
19x11" with 315's
4 Piston calipers all the way around with cross-drilled and slotted rotors.

Shaun
1985 Wide-Body 4.9 V8
1988 GT with 3800SC/ ZZP NIC Cam.

------------------
85 Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC F23

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2MidV8:

Here is the latest Mad-Arch wide-body nothchie.......

18x8" with 235's
19x11" with 315's
4 Piston calipers all the way around with cross-drilled and slotted rotors.

Shaun
1985 Wide-Body 4.9 V8
1988 GT with 3800SC/ ZZP NIC Cam.

Nice. We need more pics.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Nice. We need more pics.

Also what brand wheels are those ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-09-2012).]

2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Direct Link to This Post
Another Mad-Arch Notchie Build:

This build first really started the first time I went to Pennocks back in 2008 and saw MotorTV’s (Chuck) LT1 car get the first Notchie panels produced. I absolutely fell in lust with that car, and the Mopar scoop he had on the engine cover. I was driving a C4 Corvette at the time and immediately started doing research on a V8 Fiero. I always like the Fiero’s looks but never really started thinking about getting one until that day.

The car started as any other, looking through Craigslist at the horrible examples people wanted big dollars for. I settled on a 1985 SE Nothchie V6, auto. $800.00 bucks later it was on the way to my house. When I thought about getting a Fiero, the first thing for me to do was to pull the engine and do a V8 swap. The best most economical conversion was the 4.9/ 4T60E swap. I found a wrecked low mileage 1993 Cadillac Deville on Craigslist for $350.00 towed it to the Ft Sam Auto Craft shop, and pulled it that weekend. I had the install done minus electrical, cooling, and other small details in two weeks. I then towed the car home for the rest. The car has been a reliable driver for the last three years.

When I first started doing the research on the Mad-Arch kit, the cost was out of my reach at the time, I had a wife in school finishing her RN degree and I was an E-6 in the Air Force Reserve on a Active Duty Tour for CENTCOM. I was notified I was to do a Iraq Tour in 2010 and was sent to Baghdad in Feb 2011 for a 6 month tour. I was able to save a lot of money on my tour, and picked up the Mad-Arch Wide Body kit in April and had it sent to my house. The wheel combo chuck used I thought was ideal and set out for the 18” front 19” rear and at least 315’s for the rear of the car as that in my opinion makes the car look mean. The wheels I had no idea were going to cost so much, I had found out the wheels for MotorTV’s car were $800.00+ each. I didn’t want to spend 5K for wheels and tires, so I did a little research on the widest wheel (Non-20’s) I found were the Avant Guarde M310 they had a wheel that was close enough for the front, I had to use a 10mm spacer to get the wheel were I wanted it. The rear wheels were made for the Nissan 370, they are a 19” x 11” with a 19mm offset, I think Chuck was using a BBS 19” x 11.5” rear wheel with a 9mm offset.

In Late August I got back from my tour and set about doing my honey-do list. I had a few things to accomplish before I could start on the car. I finally started do the body it in October. I am a mechanical guy, but I can do bodywork-it just takes me longer as I’m not as good as my friends that do it everyday. I finished all the bodywork at about Christmas and was looking to get it painted, no-body wanted to paint it as we had a cold front come through. I got one of my old Army buddies (Greg Willis, XL Motorsports) to paint it for me.

The future, I thin will bring a LS4 to my doorstep, maybe late this year, or next year sometime. I have a 3800SC Series II going in my wifes 1988 GT here in a month or so. That is going to be fun. I had the engine built before I left for Iraq, it has a ZZP NIC cam , stainless valves, Stainless headers, polished aluminum valve covers, it going to be nice.

I want to thank Pennocks and it’s patrons for the resources I used to build my car. I cruise the threads weekly to see what’s up, it’s always cool to see the new ideas come into reality with this small great car.

Shaun

Shaun
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Shaun,

Great job !

The car looks bad*ss !
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
I'll second that motion... BAD ASS indeed.... well done. I am right with you as that notchie you based this off of is one of my favorite fiero's. Nice work man. peace

Pete

Shaun,

Great job !

The car looks bad*ss !

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Shaun,

The 4.9 looks great with the wide body on it Ruckus will be in Fredericksburg this year, hope to see you there.

2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Direct Link to This Post
I will make it for the Ruckus this year... I may have the 88GT ready by then.
Shaun

------------------
85 Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I will make it for the Ruckus this year... I may have the 88GT ready by then.
Shaun

Any pics from the rear? I'd like to see the steam rollers from the rear.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Big fan of this one! What brakes are those?

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I took this pic of a (ugly) Fiero widebody at a German Fiero meeting ca. 1997.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com

Currently being upgraded at Whodeanie Customs with many TLG Automotive parts

Pictures: www.yellowfiero.com/fieropixnew/index.php
Modifications: www.yellowfiero.com/mods/index.php

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-13-2012).]

FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, but what type of resin is used to fiberglass on the door caps?
2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Direct Link to This Post
Phat Tires..........

------------------
85 Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Phat Tires..........

That's nice!!!!!

I'm putting together a listing of all the various wheel/tire combinations that are used on MadArch WideBody Fieros. Could you send me the specs on your setup?

Also any suspension parts like Coil-overs etc.

Thanks.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-13-2012).]

2MidV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2MidV8Send a Private Message to 2MidV8Direct Link to This Post
doublec4- The brakes are custom mix of Subaru WRX Rotors (front), Mustang Cobra Rotors (rear), and Mazda RX-7 calipers all the way around. Had to modify the rear spindle, and make a bracket for the front. Custom brake lines as well.

FieroDev- The door caps were fiber glassed on with standard resin, but I experimented in the beginning with the fiberglass gel resin with a bad result. had to redo one door panel.

Archie- The wheels are Avant Guarde M310 wheel. The fronts are 18" x 8" with a 25mm offset, 5 x 100 pattern and a 10mm spacer. The rears are 19" x 11" with a 19mm offset, 5 x 114.3 pattern with a 10mm spacer. It took me a long time to find wheels with
the a close offset as what Chuck is running, without buying $800.00 + a piece wheels. But while I was in Iraq a had a few restless night to do the research. The wheel and tire combo was purchased from Eric at Wheel Studio, the set with Nitto Invo tires were a little over 2K. I really wanted silver , but I could only get the fronts with the black to match the rear. The front application was for an Audi, the rear application was for the Nissan 350/ 370 Z.

hope that helps.

------------------
85 Notchback 4.9 4T60E
88GT 3800SC ZZP NIC F23

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Shaun you should start a seperate build thread on your car.

Do you have anything else planned for the future ? Interior ? Chop ? etc, etc ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-14-2012).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I love the archie kit i would love to partially have it installed on my car to remove the side trim and to enlarge my vents.

I like this
http://imageshack.us/photo/...9/redfoxnardo021.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/...63/fgtoconcept02.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/...rdo02splitnose1.jpg/

not my sketches but best looking that i have seen in a while.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 01-18-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-01-2012).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

......The wheel combo chuck used I thought was ideal and set out for the 18” front 19” rear and at least 315’s for the rear of the car as that in my opinion makes the car look mean. The wheels I had no idea were going to cost so much, I had found out the wheels for MotorTV’s car were $800.00+ each. I didn’t want to spend 5K for wheels and tires, so I did a little research on the widest wheel (Non-20’s) I found were the Avant Guarde M310 they had a wheel that was close enough for the front, I had to use a 10mm spacer to get the wheel were I wanted it. The rear wheels were made for the Nissan 370, they are a 19” x 11” with a 19mm offset, I think Chuck was using a BBS 19” x 11.5” rear wheel with a 9mm offset.
Shaun

MotorTV has a 10mm offset in the rear according to Tire Rack. Here I have a list of wheels specs I compiled from several widebodies.
http://centralfloridafieros...opic=3.msg214#msg214

PS
Looking good. No side turn signals?

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-01-2012).]

redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2012 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post

Looking good! glad I got to sneak a peek in person!

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770
"SE" Stormtrooper Edition
Rescued, resuscitated and reversibly modified! (I'm so not done yet!)

Poly all round & Black Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45 on 18x8 (47 offset w/ 8-9mm spacer) 1.5 coils cut off 1984 WS6 springs
Rear: 265/35 on 18x8.5 (45 offset) Coil-overs w/ 10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Everything is the previous owners fault!

PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
This is what I have been working on

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Looks good, are you building it?

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 07-07-2012).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Looks good, are you building it?

Thanks , Yes I am

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 07-07-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Hmm....widening out? I love the way those front fenders flare out.

Widebodies R' Us?

not sure if this will work:

Wide Receivers: A comparison view...it's all good.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock