Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) by Finally_Mine_86_GT
Started on: 05-10-2011 09:59 AM
Replies: 195
Last post by: solotwo on 11-10-2011 07:42 AM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J-Holland:

Finally-Mine..., I take my hat off to you. That is one fine piece of work! Barring unforseen events, that car should be on the road for a long time.

Not me man... this was the work of many. Most of the credit goes to fieroguy123 and datacop. I was just lucky enough to be there for it.
IP: Logged
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
WOW, Guys !! ! Unbelievable. Great work to all.

I read somewhere that you guys cut the springs. Bobby, if you don't have a set to put back on I will donate my new INTRAX springs that I have for my '87 GT if Rallaster wants them. I am really sorry that I couldn't be a part of this thing .

Paul
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

WOW, Guys !! ! Unbelievable. Great work to all.

I read somewhere that you guys cut the springs. Bobby, if you don't have a set to put back on I will donate my new INTRAX springs that I have for my '87 GT if Rallaster wants them. I am really sorry that I couldn't be a part of this thing .

Paul

Springs are covered.. the set that was cut initially were spares that replaced the ones on the car.. with 2 coils out, they settled a "bit to much"

Bobby took Rallasters original springs and just removed one coil.. now the height is pretty much dead on perfect
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

Springs are covered.. the set that was cut initially were spares that replaced the ones on the car.. with 2 coils out, they settled a "bit to much"

Bobby took Rallasters original springs and just removed one coil.. now the height is pretty much dead on perfect

That it is. It looks goooooooooooood

Just need to get the front shocks replaced and it's gonna be even meaner than it already is..
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

That it is. It looks goooooooooooood

Just need to get the front shocks replaced and it's gonna be even meaner than it already is..

Well, nevermind then. I'll just put them on my car.

You know some "ricer" was watching that vid of you smashing the wing and yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! ".

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see the new ride height. Pics, Pics, Pics!!!!

(or have fieroguy123 snap a few and send em and i'll post em)
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

I wanna see the new ride height. Pics, Pics, Pics!!!!

(or have fieroguy123 snap a few and send em and i'll post em)

I'm going to get pics this afternoon.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Rallaster how does the new 2.5 feel? Compared to a stock 2.5? I would love to have an engine similar to your new one. Get back to us please. All of us 2.5 owners would like to hear from you.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-10-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Rallaster how does the new 2.5 feel? Compared to a stock 2.5? I would love to have an engine similar to your new one. Get back to us please. All of us 2.5 owners would like to hear from you.

Once it's broke in and we have the kinks worked out I'm gonna create a thread for it.

Edit: Pictures didn't happen tonight, weather and other issues was making it difficult to do anything so I'll try and get some tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 06-10-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
how was the weather? any pics yet?
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

how was the weather? any pics yet?

Absolutely B-E-A-UUUUUtifuuuul...

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 06-12-2011).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
WhewwwwWeeeeee! That sure is a pretty paint job!

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Just sexy... love it.

No interior shots huh?
gotta get one of the headliner and visors for fiero thomas's thread.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Just sexy... love it.

No interior shots huh?
gotta get one of the headliner and visors for fiero thomas's thread.

I completely spaced interior shots, I was trying to play "beat the clock" with the sun setting and didn't even think about it. I'll try to get some either tomorrow or Tuesday and post up here.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Rallaster

9105 posts
Member since Jul 2009

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

WhewwwwWeeeeee! That sure is a pretty paint job!

Yes it is. I'm gonna shoot me some birds though, where I have to park my car tree and 2 of our neighbors have mulberry trees they refuse to cut down... Guess where those birds roost?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
that front wheel gap looks fantastic. I assume that's the settled one coil removed?

Yes it is. I'm gonna shoot me some birds though, where I have to park my car tree and 2 of our neighbors have mulberry trees they refuse to cut down... Guess where those birds roost?

i'm pretty sure i have an extra car cover somewhere. gonna be a little bit till i can ship it though.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 06-12-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

that front wheel gap looks fantastic. I assume that's the settled one coil removed?

That's a correct assumption. Right now, because my front shocks are shot, if I corner or brake too hard the tires like to touch in the fender well, but as long as I'm paying attention and don't get too rowdy it's fine. Once I get the front shocks replaced, the wheel rub should go away.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Very nice. Great looking car.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Just an invitation to ALL who helped with the build in one way or another(work on the project, money, parts, etc.). My family will be having a cook out at the Martinsville park on the 4th of July and ALL are welcome. I know most, if not all, already have plans, but for those that don't, or those that don't mind changing theirs, we will be setting up at around noon-ish and there'll be brats, burgers and dogs; games and just plain, old, having fun. The grilling and gaming continues up until around 8 or so when we put everything up in preparation for the city fireworks at dusk. Come on out and enjoy the day. Parking and riding is to be determined based on how many show up and how early everyone get's there as the parking lot is usually full by around 4.

PM me for directions if you plan on attending so we can make sure we have enough food and drink for everyone.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Just an invitation to ALL who helped with the build in one way or another(work on the project, money, parts, etc.). My family will be having a cook out at the Martinsville park on the 4th of July and ALL are welcome. I know most, if not all, already have plans, but for those that don't, or those that don't mind changing theirs, we will be setting up at around noon-ish and there'll be brats, burgers and dogs; games and just plain, old, having fun. The grilling and gaming continues up until around 8 or so when we put everything up in preparation for the city fireworks at dusk. Come on out and enjoy the day. Parking and riding is to be determined based on how many show up and how early everyone get's there as the parking lot is usually full by around 4.

PM me for directions if you plan on attending so we can make sure we have enough food and drink for everyone.

Just a bump to make sure everyone has a chance to see the invite...
PFF
System Bot
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
That car looks GREAT! Im so glad things are going well and the car is running so strong! Hope things keep going well.

There is just something perfect about a clean late model coupe. And the stance that car has is great, very similar to my car. I am a bit jealous of that nice hood vent though.

enjoy her and thanks so much for the acts of kindness from this forum!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
This one is my new wallpaper

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

This one's mine..
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
This is the one on my phone and on one of my work computers.

And this is the one on my R&D computer (the one i use the most)

Look familiar?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I like the top pic better... the black is more... black. LOL
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

I like the top pic better... the black is more... black. LOL

X2 Top picture looks the best
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Quote for last bump.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry gotta bump this one last time. It was too fun of an experience to just forget about.

For the record: I miss IN. Can't wait to go back.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Well your next trip is on me David! (You're paying for the plane trip though, Lol)
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey you saved me on a rental car and a hotel... the last trip was on you!
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Seriously though... you have a couch to eat, a car to sleep on, and food to drive anytime you wanna come visit
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Hey, that guy looks familiar..... The Fiero looks great!

Rick 88
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a parts list to the motor mods put in this car?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Anyone have a parts list to the motor mods put in this car?

Sorry for the long response time...

Sadly no there are no specs for the motor. The only thing we were told is that is was built with a racing application in mind with high compression and a hi-flow oil pump. I can say it does have high compression and it is much different internally then a stock motor. Rallaster should be able to give more insight to this.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
You have all of us with a 2.5 excited. It would be great if someone could research what the PO had done to the engine.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-10-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock