Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) by Finally_Mine_86_GT
Started on: 05-10-2011 09:59 AM
Replies: 195
Last post by: solotwo on 11-10-2011 07:42 AM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I love an audience.

PM's sent
IP: Logged
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Oooh! Oooh! I'm watching too!!!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
As am I...

Is there a parts needed listing other than the interior trim pieces? Inquiring minds need to know.

Tony
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Just got carpet!

Thanks for the heads up. I need to update the first post. I guess I'm just a slacker.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 05-24-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

...I only have till 6/2 to have all the parts there.

Then what happens,Then what happens??!!

I'm waiting to see too
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Then we get to trying to pull off a complete body, interior, engine and some suspension in two days.
fierogal123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
Just came across this. You are awesome.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Thank you fierogal123... you should tell your husband to show you the pics i sent him. The body panels are looking fantastic! the member doing them has put a lot blood sweat and tears into it already. And the hood OMG!!!! se*y se*y! Let me know what you think in a PM.

I'll take plenty of pics to catch you up once i finally get out there. Just over a week from today!

I can't remember the last time i was this excited to take a flight away from home.... oh yeah... thats right... i have a fear of flying. oops... I'm sure it'll be worth it though!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore order came in today and so did the dew wipes.
Waiting on a few parts to show up but, a week from tomorrow i will be in ************ in the state of **********! Yeah right... like I'd make it that easy.

Maybe a hint... maybe not... mayyyyybeeeee... i just like posting pictures... look familiar to anybody?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Small bump to keep this out of the trenches. One week from today should be the reveal.

Hit a small snag with the machine shop wanting more money (somebody dropped the ball here) so... not sure how well this is going to work out. The way i understand it is, somebody said they would pay for parts and they all of the sudden can't hold their word. I understand things come up but this hurts a LOT! I'm just shy of being broke myself but almost every part needed is at the location already minus what i need to send out on Tuesday. I get discounts on two day air so I'm not worried.

So... myself and the person who started this are financially screwed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Last things to get paid...
Engine (new price) - $500
Wheels repainted, mounted and balanced - $50

update somebody local just donated $300 for the extra cost of the motor! Get this... same guy who donated the motor and more! Thank you! You are awesome! You know who you are and we all Can't thank you enough!

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 05-28-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Well we still need seat covers. Tan GT covers to be exact. Somebody offered a set but noticed that they are gray not tan.

So i've posted in the mall. Here
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Good luck getting it all together before you fly out man! Can't wait to see the progress.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'm going to need all the luck in the world to find these covers with such short notice. Might have to spray the ones that are in the car. That would suck!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
When is the build weekend? Is it this coming weekend? I can't wait to see what you all have done!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... this coming weekend. I fly out on Thursday morning and should be there around 10-11am. I'm excited. From what i hear wireless connections are few and far between so might have to hit a local spot and hijack some signal to post pics Saturday evening. Sadly i won't be able to post any pictures till then so i don't give anything away. But pics will be up shortly after the reveal.

Might need somebodies help with any video i can get. I can send from my phone to an e-mail.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the build weekend and the updates
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent.

Side note for the mark to be: We really can't wait to see the look on your face. Yes we will take pictures, maybe video of your reaction. Just remember this all started because of who you are. I got involved so heavily because you helped me once quite some time ago not knowing me from anybody. Oddly enough, you probably have no idea you did either. It's amazing what one post can do.

A friend of yours PM'ed me and told me about his plan.... well this is our way of paying you back for being a good friend, and somebody who helped a stranger make the right life choice. I know why two of us are doing this.... the others, well... I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
well... I'm sitting at a terminal in philly pa on a layover. Have I said how much I hate flying? No turning back now.
datacop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

well... I'm sitting at a terminal in philly pa on a layover. Have I said how much I hate flying? No turning back now.

Make sure you smile and wink when you get your reach-around
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Keep us in the loop, good luck to ya!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Pictures?
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
The OP Pm'd me with details and pictures on how the build is going. Apparently all is well so far and the thread will be updated tonight
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I am only just following this but I look forward to seeing the progress/finished project!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Well car is revealed to Rallaster. As soon as I can post pictures I will. We had the help of datacop, fieroguy123, turnunda, TA_6spd, and others who are not on the forum. The tint was done by Rod, same guy who tinter tyler shipman's car. Thank you to everybody who donated.

Dhobbs84sc, john3:16 donated a lot as well. Ill update more later.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
HOLY FREAKIN' HELL!

You guys are amazing! Fieroguy123, Finally_Mine_86_GT, datacop, T/A_6spd, turnunda, Dhobbs84sc, john3:16 and others I don't know/can't remember who donated the parts/time/money to rebuild my car:

THANK YOU!!

There aren't proper words in ANY language to properly convey my appreciation and gratitude for the generosity shown toward me, my family and my Fiero.

It was amazing meeting everyone that I haven't met, and I hope that I can meet you all later. I'm really blown away and still in shock about everything. I know there are pictures and at least 1 video floating around, but let me be the first to say it, pictures do NOT do this car justice. It's more than I could have even hoped for and it's more than I ever expected. I had no idea that I had friends like this and had no idea that I had warranted such an honor and privilege for this. The car looks phenomenal and it runs and sounds even better. This community is amazing and I'm honored and privileged to be a part of it.

THANK YOU!!
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
PICTURES!!! I'm posting these from several different sources.. so I may have some of them out of order... First, the patient.

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Parts is Parts... Lots of Parts came and went and went and came...

But no part went on the car that wasn't touched in some way or another. Point of interest.. EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN panel on the car was damaged in one way or another.. Not a single body panel was reused from the car. Everything was swapped.

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
In order to get a jump start on the build.. and knowing that we only had 2.5 days to do the work.. Fieroguy123 took out the old engine and put the new rebuilt 0 mile duke on the cradle and got it mounted in the car..

[This message has been edited by datacop (edited 06-05-2011).]

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
The new engine.. I'll let Fieroguy123 tell the story about it..

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
By this time.. A LOT was happening.. so these pictures are probably out of order.. but it's the best I can do at the moment

PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I need to travel over to General more often. I can't think of a more deserving person.

Brad
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Finally_Mine_86_GT, T/A6spd, Fierogal123 and Ternunda did a SMOKIN HOT AWESOME job on the interior rebuild..

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Rallaster gets his "new" car

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Other various "Glamor" shots that were taken at some point or another after the unveil...

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
And finally.. to insure that no other Fiero would ever be tarnished, tainted or other wise molested...

We gave Rallaster a sledge hammer and made him smash his old ricer wing

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Y’all have done a great job! Rallaster enjoy your new car
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2011 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I do love a feel good story. If any of you are EVER up this way, you know.

Beautiful looking car. I really like where you guys took her. From the seats, to the engine, just awesome.

Tony
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Dang, that's a purdy car! Good work!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock