Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) by Finally_Mine_86_GT
Started on: 05-10-2011 09:59 AM
Replies: 195
Last post by: solotwo on 11-10-2011 07:42 AM
Genopsyde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
very nice work...

------------------

IP: Logged
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
That was fun
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
It was fun. Got to meet a bunch of really friendly people. Bobby (fieroguy123) and his family were nice enough to take me in for the 4days. Their hospitality made me feel like a home away from home. I'm just sorry I didn't have enough time to hang out and see any of the sites. maybe next time.

Thank you datacop for getting a jump on the pictures.

fierogirl123 and turnunda... thank you so much for keeping us fed and geting into the frey of insanity! If it weren't for them and rich the interior would not look as.good as it does.

Rallaster, you need to treat her well or it'll be shipped to NY
I'm really glad you like it. Bobby really pulled this all together kinda last minute and with a ton of luck.
Can you do me a favor and type out the letter bobby gave ya? Somebody took the copy we had.

There is more but I'm about to board my plane home.
TY all who donated, couldn't have pulled it off without you all!!!!!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Looks like I need to travel over to General more often.

Brad

That makes 2 of us... I've been in GFC more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last 6 months... LOL

I can't think of a more deserving person.

That's a debate for another time..
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Rallaster came over last night expecting to help me pull the duke out of his car and change the cam, bearings, and gears. I handed him a heart felt letter and walked into the house bolting through to the garage while he read it. At the end of the letter he was instructed to open the garage door.

I can't wait for all of you to see the video of his reaction. It was just as we had hoped

Justin, you're a damn good guy and an even better friend. It was an honor to be able to put all of this together for you and we enjoyed every minute of it. I pray that you get many years of good reliable use out of you're rebuilt car and enjoy it every minute you're behind the wheel.

P.s. I'm jealous that you're car is nicer than mine now. Lol

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Naaa... I think your cars are tied now.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you guys did an awesome job. That car looks beautiful! Serves me right for not getting on much, I miss all the good stuff. lol
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
wow looks like ALOT was done in a short time, great job!
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I know that there are A LOT of pictures to sort through on the second page... so I wanted to go ahead and put the relevant "Before & After" pictures together for the "skimmers"

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what an amazing transformation. Great job you guys, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the video's. Where you able to rebuild the headlight motors ok? I only ask because they were open in some of the after pictures.
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Note: There is a wing for the car.. but in true Overhaulin' fashion.. we simply ran out of time. There was a problem with the paint on the wing where it got discolored under the clear.. Just not enough time to fix it and get it on the car before it was time to hand the keys over.

After talking it over with Fieroguy123.. we decided that it was better to leave the wing off for now and fix it "right".
PFF
System Bot
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by mattwa:

Wow, what an amazing transformation. Great job you guys, it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the video's. Where you able to rebuild the headlight motors ok? I only ask because they were open in some of the after pictures.

Yes! Everything on the car works as it's supposed to

There was a lot of ... "shade tree back woods hack wiring" that was done to the car by the previous owner. Finally_Mine_86_GT spent a lot of time ripping out all of the hack jobs and running new harnesses.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Guys this one really wrenches at my heart. I love it! I really wish I had a hand down here on The Joel Project with the kind of knowledge and skill sets you all have. It would be done by now! Maybe I could road trip it to IN with all teh parts I have.....hmmmmmmm.

The car looks amazing and I am shure Ral will love it! Now, about that wing.....
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Rallaster Reviled!!

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys.....that was beautiful....just amazing what a couple good guys with great intentions can accomplish. Does not even look like the same car anymore. He really looked genuinely grateful as well.... Chip Foose could not have done it any better. Well done!! Peace

Pete

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
I'll bite- how is that "not your average 2.5"?
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzDirect Link to This Post
Threads like this is what makes the fiero community so great! My hat goes off to all you guys that donated and put in work to make this happen.

Congrats to all that wa involved the car turned out sweet!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Awesome job guys!!! That car really came out great, wow!
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
There are so many reasons why I love this community.
Great work! The car is beautiful but the reaction was the best part.
Did you have enough donations to cover the cost of everything?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Amazing job guys! That car looks nothing like it did 2 days earlier!

I have been watching the thread, and have yet to see how you pulled it off. How did you get the car without him knowing, do the work and keep it a secret ect?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

I'll bite- how is that "not your average 2.5"?

"Apparently" the guy who actually assembled the long block before we picked it up had it bored .030 over, one piece oil rings, comp cam, roller rockers and lifters, decked the head, higher compression pistons, and drilled out oil galleys for better flow to the had. It also has a one of a kind hand built header.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Question, sorry if it was posted eariler, but what did you guys do to lower the front like that? Springs or lowering ball joints?

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 06-05-2011).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Question, sorry if it was posted eariler, but what did you guys do to lower the front like that? Springs or lowering ball joints?

We cut the springs because there was no money for RD lowering ball joints. So when I have a few extra bucks I'm gonna buy them for him and I'll get him back up to my house and teach him how to install lowering ball joints
We still have another set of stock length springs to put back in the car.

------------------

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Stuff like this is great, especially when it turns out as well as it did here. Nice job guys/gals. If it's not prying too much, could someone fill me in on the back story here? What prompted this project?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Drove it home this afternoon and I gotta say, AMAZING. I don't know that anyone knows how much this really means to me, I'm still in awe. There's still a small to-do list for the finishing touches, but all in all, in the time they did it, it's better than I could have ever dreamed.

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 06-05-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Rallaster

9105 posts
Member since Jul 2009

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Stuff like this is great, especially when it turns out as well as it did here. Nice job guys/gals. If it's not prying too much, could someone fill me in on the back story here? What prompted this project?

There are a lot of personal issues I've had in the past and am still dealing with. I don't talk about it on here as I'm not that kind of person. I talk to fieroguy123 quite a bit and he was going to take to work on, and I was going to pay him back when I got the money to do so and he took this project and ran with it after he picked my car up.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

I felt bad that he's spent his whole life walking around with that ugly mug of his, so I thought a pretty car might lessen the pain
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I felt bad that he's spent his whole life walking around with that ugly mug of his, so I thought a pretty car might lessen the pain

Smart a$$...
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
And that's the best reason. Thanks for the explanation. I don't know about the ugly mug stuff. I have a feeling if I posted my picture, people would organize a gang to take my Fiero away!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
To answer some of the other questions.
No we didn't even come close to getting enough donations to cover the cost.
Springs - Bobby answered above.
This all started with Bobby and I while on the phone talking about me coming out there to scope out the area because i've been looking into places to move. After that we discussed just fixing his car for him which somehow turned into "let's completely overhaul it, and give him the formula he's always wanted." (fieroguy123's idea) One idea after another of what to do... a ton of money from a bunch of people and the helping hands of others we have accomplished what you see above.
I just got home and finally fully cleaned up. Spent some time time with the family i haven't seen since wednesday night. I'll post more tomorrow after work. Been crazy the past few days.
Rallaster
Can you please post the letter? or PM it to me.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 06-05-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

To answer some of the other questions.
No we didn't even come close to getting enough donations to cover the cost.
Springs - Bobby answered above.
This all started with Bobby and I while on the phone talking about me coming out there to scope out the area because i've been looking into places to move. After that we discussed just fixing his car for him which somehow turned into "let's completely overhaul it, and give him the formula he's always wanted." (fieroguy123's idea) One idea after another of what to do... a ton of money from a bunch of people and the helping hands of others we have accomplished what you see above.
I just got home and finally fully cleaned up. Spent some time time with the family i haven't seen since wednesday night. I'll post more tomorrow after work. Been crazy the past few days.
Rallaster
Can you please post the letter? or PM it to me.

Yeah, I can get the letter to you. I will post it either tonight or tomorrow when I get the chance to type it out.
PFF
System Bot
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
It really was a lot of fun. A little frustration because of typical car stuff. And, heat was almost unbearable. Although, I think I wear a smaller size jeans due to the water weight loss. Lol. Bobby (fieroguy123) and finally_mine are awesome. As are most Fiero people. The work, sweat, and eventually tears were all worth the reaction we got. We should start a show called "Pimp my Fiero."
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I doubt that his reaction was to the car, although he loves it. His reaction is most likely based on the realization that somebody thought that much of him. That's extremely humbling. Great show !!
marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanDirect Link to This Post
Great transformation!

Thanks for sharing
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:We should start a show called "Pimp my Fiero."

lol yes!

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
That is too cool. You guys did great work and a great deed.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:
We should start a show called "Pimp my Fiero."

I have a few questions on this...
Who will pay for my move out there?
Who will sponsor it?
How could we all live on no income?

Other then that... I'm all for an every other week kinda thing.

Jonnyrottin you can ship it to NY for interior and wiring and ship it to IN for body and engine. I do have to warn you though as some of us found out recently... it's not cheap at all.
KEV

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Great job guy's and girls! well done.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
Sent along a little something to help out. Sorry it isn't much but it's the best I could do!

I'm glad you're enjoying your little car, Justin. She's a beauty!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Bobby and I have decided to take any further donations and give it to Justin (Rallaster). Every little bit helps. Thank you to those who have donated so far. So any further donations will be cut into a check and given to him as well. I'll give it a week or two and then cut the check to him.

Granted we went through a lot of money with this build but we are both satisfied with what we've done and consider it money and time well spent.

datacop: Thank you and you daughter (turnunda) for helping out as much as you two did. You two were the unsung hero's of this project and we all owe you a great deal for your extensive and consistent contributions. I say this in plural on purpose for those who don't know. Not just time and labor but money as well. Constant last minute runs and last minute magic. You are an inspiration to me and my only wish is that karma repays you two as you two so richly deserve. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you've done.

The entire gang of people who were there made it very hard for me to leave. Golden hearts, hard workers, and plenty of laughs.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock