Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm excited but I can't say too much... yet... "Fiero Overhaulin" :) by Finally_Mine_86_GT
Started on: 05-10-2011 09:59 AM
Replies: 195
Last post by: solotwo on 11-10-2011 07:42 AM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Rallaster hows the performance with the new 2.5? Have you had a chance to get a feel for fuel economy? When you started it up it sounded like a bigger engine than a 2.5. Very interesting 2.5. Be sure to make comments on the 2.5 and keep us 2.5 owners up to date. I am sure many are wondering what the new engine feels like with all the mods. Your "new" car looks great!

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-05-2011).]

IP: Logged
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Ya know, I keep wanting to say how grateful I am and how much I love it, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.. LOL

The time, money and parts that went into this is nothing short of amazing to me. I really don't know how to adequately express my feelings. I truly had no idea I meant that much to any 1 person let alone the untold number of people that helped with the build.

solotwo, when I took delivery of this amazing one of a kind piece of rolling art today it had a full tank of gas, and as of right now, I've put 200-ish miles on it today and it's sitting between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. If my math is right, even though it's still in the break in period, it's running over 30mpg, once the engine is broke in and all the bugs are worked out, we are expecting 40mpg+. Once it's broke in here in a few weeks, I'll start ramping up my "testing" and start reporting my findings. Even with running it gently during break in, I can feel considerably more power with it that the old(original to the car AFAIK), tired(could barely get out of it's own way), worn out(210k+ miles) engine that was in it.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Wow, just simply wow.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME work guys!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Everyone keep an eye on this thread... I expect that some time tomorrow there will be a second video posted that should get a pretty big chuckle out of you.

Its the video of justin smashing his own ricer wing with a little bit of editing

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

richg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richgSend a Private Message to richgDirect Link to This Post
great job guys sorry i couldnt help out but i am proud to be part of this great forum
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Ya know, I keep wanting to say how grateful I am and how much I love it, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.. LOL

The time, money and parts that went into this is nothing short of amazing to me. I really don't know how to adequately express my feelings. I truly had no idea I meant that much to any 1 person let alone the untold number of people that helped with the build.

solotwo, when I took delivery of this amazing one of a kind piece of rolling art today it had a full tank of gas, and as of right now, I've put 200-ish miles on it today and it's sitting between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. If my math is right, even though it's still in the break in period, it's running over 30mpg, once the engine is broke in and all the bugs are worked out, we are expecting 40mpg+. Once it's broke in here in a few weeks, I'll start ramping up my "testing" and start reporting my findings. Even with running it gently during break in, I can feel considerably more power with it that the old(original to the car AFAIK), tired(could barely get out of it's own way), worn out(210k+ miles) engine that was in it.

A sincere thank you from the heart usually goes a long way.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-06-2011).]

TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDDirect Link to This Post
It was an amazing weekend. I'm glad that Bob (fieroguy123) let me know about this.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TA6SPD:

It was an amazing weekend. I'm glad that Bob (fieroguy123) let me know about this.

You were a huge help as well. Thank you for everything Rich. It was a pleasure meeting you. Still love your car too!

Side note to Rich: If ya ever sell the car... call me! I want those wheels!
TA6SPD's car.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 06-06-2011).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I can't think of a more deserving person.

Brad

I couldn't agree more!

------------------

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TA6SPD:

After the build was done and the car was shown to Rallaster.. TA6SPD stepped up to the plate once again and manned the grill for the cook out..

Let me tell you what, *THAT* man can grill up a MEAN Braught!!! yum
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I have just one question...... who will be our next unsuspecting victim???

My ADD is telling me that I need to do this again

------------------

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Me! Me! Me! Take a field trip to Delaware, take the whole class! lol.

So no video of Rallaster smashing the Rice-A-Roni wing yet??
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Hey, hey, hey. I didn't consider it a ricer wing, close, but not quite.
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

So no video of Rallaster smashing the Rice-A-Roni wing yet??

No, not yet..

I passed out last night on the couch watching catch up episodes of "The Voice".. I'm at work right now.. I'll finish the editing and get it posted up tonight.

It's quite epic!

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Me.

Don't do anything to the car EXCEPT, pull the rear clip, cut the cancer out and re-weld new materials... I'd be happy enough with that. :P
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Ya know, the thing that really struck me about rallaster and his car was that even as sh#tty as his car was, he loved it like a child and he drove it proudly. He did everything within his skills and financial power to keep it on the road and turn it into what he wanted it to be. He spent YEARS planning and playing with his car and he never lost interest or faith in it. I think that's commendable. He deserved the helping hand without question.
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
His car was a complete basket case before we started!!!

When you walked up to it and went around it.. you could almost feel the beechnut between your cheek and gum compelling you to spit..

When you opened up the door and looked inside, you could swear that you heard the theme song to Deliverance playing..

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

You can start on mine... lol... no way to get it there though.

I'm trying to convince the wife for us to move out there. Not working yet.

datacop: why are you posting pictures of me?

Not really my best side though.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
It was asked for and here it is. The letter that Bobby (fieroguy123) wrote.

Some time ago I met a guy who has become of the best friends I've had in life, and a true inspiration to me. He is driven and goal oriented as well as a stand-up guy.

His only needs in life are to be a good providor for his wife and daughter, so the rest he does without.

Now this friend of mine has fallen on hard times financially, and has a poor vehicle situation. The road ahead appears to be endless with no sign of relief, yet he keeps on trucking...

So I asked myself, "What could I do as his friend to help ease the burden?".

I rallied the troops and did the one thing I knew I could do right.....

Rallaster, open the garage door and check out your rebuilt '86 coupe ;-)
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Great letter!
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I still get chills from that
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
Great concept and execution on this secret project! Rallaster, go enjoy it but please NO MORE fast food bags and trash in the interior!
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I was takin a nap over in O/T when somebody woke me up and said I should come over and look at this.
I'm impressed!!! Congratulations, Rallaster... enjoy your new toy!

And some of those skinny guys need to eat some cheeseburgers.

17Car

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Great work guys, the paint looks fantastic!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 17Car:

Great work guys, the paint looks fantastic!

Thank you that was the second time I've painted and car.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
If that only your second car painted then by your 4th you'll be a master!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

We cut the springs because there was no money for RD lowering ball joints. So when I have a few extra bucks I'm gonna buy them for him and I'll get him back up to my house and teach him how to install lowering ball joints
We still have another set of stock length springs to put back in the car.

This whole deal is so awesome, and even beyond - beyond anyone's expectations. What a great job and great thing you guys did.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Do I smell V8 conversion next time?
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Do I smell V8 conversion next time?

Not unless we get a heck of a lot more in donations than we did this time
ShadowHawk

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadowHawkSend a Private Message to ShadowHawkDirect Link to This Post
Black Is Beauty

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

Not unless we get a heck of a lot more in donations than we did this time

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Ral-
Congrats! I dont know what kind of all-around swell guy you must be to get strangers to do all this for you, but good for you! Dance said your smoke-belching 2.5 needed replacement, good to see it happened.

Any time the fiero Elves wanna come by and do a 4.9 with me, I would be as happy as a pig in the stuff.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 06-07-2011).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Rallaster hows the performance with the new 2.5?

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

I just drove Rallasters car for the first time since the build and I have to say, I was extremely surprised. That little duke is making some impressive power!
It pretty much runs like a typical duke until it hits 3k rpm, then the timing advances and it REALLY takes off like a rocket (for a duke, anyways). Its an absolute blast to drive with the way its lowered and the power it makes. It really feels like it should have been built from day 1.

I'm very happy that rallaster loves his new ride so much, I can't see why he wouldn't. That thing is just plain sweet!

------------------

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

I just drove Rallasters car for the first time since the build and I have to say, I was extremely surprised. That little duke is making some impressive power!
It pretty much runs like a typical duke until it hits 3k rpm, then the timing advances and it REALLY takes off like a rocket (for a duke, anyways). Its an absolute blast to drive with the way its lowered and the power it makes. It really feels like it should have been built from day 1.

I'm very happy that rallaster loves his new ride so much, I can't see why he wouldn't. That thing is just plain sweet!

What he said.

I just filled up with Shell Premium and am going to see if that helps even out the power. It is an amazing engine. I can't wait till it's fully broke in so I can do an oil change and some other preventive maintenance stuff and take it out and push it to see how well it really does.
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

What he said.

I just filled up with Shell Premium and am going to see if that helps even out the power. It is an amazing engine. I can't wait till it's fully broke in so I can do an oil change and some other preventive maintenance stuff and take it out and push it to see how well it really does.

You should always run premium if there are really high compression pistons in there, especially during the break-in period!

Those bumpers I gave you look a lot better than those damn bumperpad monstrosities.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

Those bumpers I gave you look a lot better than those damn bumperpad monstrosities.

I couldn't agree more! 87/88 Coupe/Formula bumpers are the best looking ones for the Fiero, IMO.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
Best community ever.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Unedited... bye bye ricer wing!

Feel free to edit it and make it funnier.
J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandDirect Link to This Post
Finally-Mine..., I take my hat off to you. That is one fine piece of work! Barring unforseen events, that car should be on the road for a long time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock