Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  HD 5 speed will bolt to any 60* motor (3800 2.8 3.4) (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
HD 5 speed will bolt to any 60* motor (3800 2.8 3.4) by RULOOKIN
Started on: 12-01-2010 09:20 PM
Replies: 407
Last post by: L67 on 10-19-2011 04:45 AM
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post
well, I started my frontside trans mount (trans side) today, I'll have it finished tomorrow, probably before lunch, here's a pic

IP: Logged
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Spec tells me the Super-Clamp plate is the same thickness as there other pressure plates for the fiero, so assuming everyones info is accurate, you can use the same clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel as you would with a normal fiero getrag to 3800 conversion.

I know from first hand experience that my Spec 3 clutch/PP hit the bellhousing and required me to take a very slight amt from the trans. However, the 3+/Superclamp cleared no problem. Take it for what ya will.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that info! Good thing I haven't made by buy from spec yet. Back to the phone with spec I go...
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Someone had best beat me to it! I will be starting my L67 287 swap before long. Pretty excited. I moved last month to a house with a very large garage (about 3 times larger than my last) , and finally secured my F-23 w/ 3.84 fdr from an 06 cobalt (which is OK for my purposes). Last piece is the 1st gen F23 for the bell housing which I have located. All going into an 88 chassis. I am mocking up a 3300 282 swap into my DD SE now and once swapped, I will be moving on to the really fun swap.
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2011 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Firefox saved my ass tonight. I'm 3000 words into the tutorial. I've been doing what I can each night after work. I also have MS Word open whenever I'm writing, so that I can make backups every so often in case the power fails or the like.

Our kitten jumped off my desk onto the computer case. Guess where the paw went. I had about 30 windows open and music going, everything froze, and then the windows began to waterfall as the computer shut itself down. The VERY LAST program it tried to close was Photoshop, which threw the "Save, Discard, Cancel" prompt. I was able to cancel the shutdown, but Firefox had completely closed. I checked Word to see where I had last saved, and it was 6 HOURS old!

I pulled up Firefox and tried using the history to pull up where I was, hoping the text had cache'd. No luck. I tried everything! So I was banging my head on the desk when I noticed the "Restore Previous Session" button under the history menu. WALLAH, everything came back up including the "Preview post" box! WHEW!

Why am I posting this? My inbox is full of "When's that **** going to be finished?!". Well I dodged losing a nights work, so sooner than later. Next few days.

-Paul
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
FireFox has saved me more than once!!! Used to be IE or nothing but with constant useless updates it is always a pain.

Firefox is most always consistant. Congrats on dodging that melt down. Ray
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L67:
WALLAH

*Voila

I've used Firefox in the past. It's a great browser.
I use Opera when I get the choice; it does a couple of tidbits better than Firefox but is generally equivalent. I'm warming up to the idea of trying Chrome.

L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2011 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Tutorial's up: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087296.html

Time for some sleep.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock