Started on: 05-27-2010 12:44 AM
Replies: 168
Last post by: RACE on 07-31-2010 03:07 AM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
CURRENT PROJECT STATUS

Update 07-19-10 For those who haven't done so, this is how to activate your coins. If you ordered one with a tracking number you may wish to activate it to make it trackable. Become a member of www.geocaching.com (It is free). Then click the Trackable Items link on the left side of the homepage and follow the directions. It will ask you for your tracking number and activation code that is included in your order. From there you can customize your coin's web page.

I see that many of you have already received your coins. Please let me know when you get yours so that I can know how many are still out. Thanks.

07-17-10 The coins are on their way to you via the US Postal Service and the postal services of Canada, and the United Kingdom if applicable to your situation. The first should begin arriving on Monday. Please post here when they do so that I can keep track of who has them. Thanks again everyone.

You should have seen the line behind me at the Post Office. LOL They HATED me.

07-17-10 I have been awake since 3:10am, spent time in three time zones today but a promise is a promise. It is 12:43am and I just finished packaging all of the coins. They are ready to go and will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

07-08-10 The coins have arrived at my house and are safely inside. The bad news is that I will be traveling until Friday the 16th and will not be able to do anything with them. I only get to be home for 20 hours between now and then. Sorry for the delay shipping them to you. Work has to come first. I would get them to you sooner if I could. I won't even see them myself for another 3 days.

07-04-10 Our coins have been completed and are in the possesion of UPS on their way to my house. They are currently in Richmond VA. I may not receive them in time to ship them to you before I have to go to work agan but I will get them sorted, packaged, and shipped as soon as I can.

06-18-10 Not much new to report. Our coins have been paid for in full. There are no barriers that stand in our way.

I have received an email that said our coins have an estimated completion date of July 2. If they actually arrive on that date there could be a delay getting them to you because of my work schedule. I hope that they arrive later this month so that I can get them out right away.

06-10-10 The tracking codes arrived late this afternoon. Tonight I am currently adding our custom list to the code list. It will be in the engraver's in-box shortly.

06-09-10 Today I am trying to get all of my shipping papers in order. There are still some organizational details that need to be ironed out and they should be resolved shortly. None will effect our time line.

I did not get back home to Iowa in time to meet the cut-off for payment in order to get our tracking numbers today but I believe that will receive them on Friday. It should have little or no effect upon our completion schedule. I do apologize for missing the deadline today. I have been doing most of the work on this project with an Ipod Touch using wifi. For that reason I will not access my PayPal account or other security sensitive aspects of the project on an unsecured or public network. Your money is in there. I hope that you will understand.

06-07-10 The production process has begun. Annie from Groundspead will be running our tracking numbers on Wednesday. When I receive them I will add the list of personalized requests to them and send the full list off to the engraver. Please, please, please verify that if you ordered personalized coins that your request shows up exactly the way you want it on the coin in the list below following the quantity that you requested. The deadline for correcting an engraving, if it is error, is Wednesday at noon CDT.

06-05-10 #2 I should have the tracking codes from Groundspeak early next week. Everything is on schedule. Production will begin Monday.

06-05-10 I have made our deposit to begin the production of our coins. Our order is set for production and can not be changed at this point. If you have not requested any coins yet you will need to be added to an alternate list if I have non-payers. DO NOT SEND MONEY. If you send me funds and had not ordered coins before the deadline I will send it back minus the paypal fees. I cannot refund the difference.

06-04-10 Update #2 We are at record pace for a geocoin project! It is time to move the project forward. Money is now being collected. I forgot to add this. VERY IMPORTANT
When you make your money please include your SCREEN NAME here at the forum as well as your SHIPPING ADDRESS. If you do not do this I will not know who has paid me since I know most of you only by screen name.

I would lime to have payment for your coins by Monday morning so that we can move to production.

Here is how to determine the cost of your order:

Number coins you Requested X $8.00 = _________

+ Flat-rate packaging and shipping $4.80

= The final shipped price of your order_____________.

Please send your funds to expiowaATyahoo.com. Replace AT with @ when transferring you funds at paypal.com
I spelled AT instead of using he symbol in the hope that web bots won't pick up my email address and spam me.

06-04-10 ***We are no longer taking requests for new coins. The order is locked.***

Update 06-03 -10 - After talking to the Kelly we have decided that the coin will be the closest to the sample coin if the center artwork is shiny gold. To make it textured would ruin the dies for future projects that require a shiny finish. It will look awesome.

Update 05-28-10 - We have exceeded the minimum number of requests required to place an order. If we order 100 we get them slightly cheaper. Upon reaching 100 or next Wed night at 11:59pm, whichever comes first, I will post payment instructions and we will freeze the order so that production can begin.

We are on track to make this the most rapid turnaround yet. Please have the funds ready in your paypal account.

Update 05-27-10 - We are taking orders for the 4th Edition Geocoin. We will use the same dies but with different color/texture scheme.

For your planning purposes, each coin will have a price likely between $7-9 + flat rate shipping/packaging cost of $4.80/address. Paypal Only. Have your funds ready to go. We may order them as early as next week. I will provide payment instructions at the proper time.

Orders will be shipped via US Postal Service. (If you do not live in the Untied States it is cost prohibitive for me to insure your order. The good news it there is no extra fee international orders. The international buyer must agree to not hold me responsible for problems that may occur during shipping).

As with previous orders you have the option to either make them trackable or you can request personalized engraving at no extra charge similar to what you see in the photos of previous coins. Personalized coins cannot have tracking numbers. If you choose personalized you are allowed A MAXIMUM OF 10 LETTERS OR SPACES. That is all that will fit on the coin.

Please verify the accuracy of your order and choice of engraving. I will cut and paste what is shown on the list and will place our order directly from this information as it is depicted. Unless I hear otherwise from you I will assume that you would like your coin to have a tracking number usable at www.geocaching.com

Request List $ = Paid

ARKaiser.....$.................................1
blakeinspace....$..........................1
BMTFIERO.....$..........................4...BMTFIERO, Lady BMT, Mitchell, Marshall
CoolBlue87GT....$.........................2...CoolBlue, RedHot88
cornersonrails....$.........................2...Chop24, TSHIRTS
Danyel......$...................................1...BlkWidow
DL10....$.......................................5 ...DL10 (1)
fierosa......$...................................2...AAFO 1, WAMR
Fierosmith.......$............................3...Fierosmith, DarkAngel
Freshj....$......................................2...MrDrift
Hardpact.....$.................................2...Hardpact, "+R"
hinesb1890....$..............................2...BHINES
Hockaday.....$................................2... Azelice (1)
Hulki U. My-BFF....$........................2
ICCAMDFIERO.......$......................1...SC3800
Jarhead 2m4.....$..........................4... OBCSHN, XCTMNT
JenzGT2......$................................2
JohnWPB.....$.................................2...JohnWPB (1)
litespd.....$.....................................1
LT188GT...$...................................3...LT188GT, TORKED, 87GT2M6
PK.......$.......................................3...GUINNESS, PK
sadie goad.....$...............................4
Sage.....$........................................2...SAGE, SGW
Steven_Kreg..$..............................1...2010
tiretread.........$..............................1...TIRETREAD
tgmchuck...$..................................1...TGMCHUCK
tmur115.........................................2
tstroud......$....................................3...FieroV8, TStroud
vrossiter....$...................................2...MisngPiece (1)
zigaroo....$.....................................2...zigaroo, FORMULA

Original Post:

We are close enough to June and I am open do doing another round of production if there is enough interest. Recently two 1st Edition coins sold at auction to benefit Rob during his recovery for $150 each. They are extremely high quality and highly desirable collector's items. Once a run is out of production that color version will likely never be reproduced.

A minimum of 50 coins is required. We will use the same dies since they have been approved by GM and the cost of making them has been paid for.

The colors, metal type and finish have not been determined. I am open to non-shiny finishes if there is interest. They offer antique and sandblasted finishes. I like the finish on this sample coin. I will find out how they did it. We can even leave areas unpainted. It looks good with a sandblasted finish since it will be covered in epoxy.

Here is a recap of the coins that we have offered so far:

1st Edition

2nd Edition (Two were coins offered)

3rd, Tyler Edition

As you can see our dies have a lot of variations. Each coin possesses it's own unique qualities. I would like to make one that tops them all for this run. Coin prices will probably be in the $7-9 range each depending upon the production options that we choose, plus a flat rate shipping cost. It will likely be the same as in previous orders.

Please let me know if you are interested and how you would like the coin to look.

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 07-20-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
what ever the color im going to take two please thanx ~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a pair also.

Edit:

Put FieroV8 on one coin, make the other trackable.

[This message has been edited by tstroud (edited 05-28-2010).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I am in for two also. I think a brushed or antiquish look would be cool. Is mirror an option....lol?
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
im in for two also..i say bronze or copper and brushed steel look

edit: the one you linked to is perfect, would add a bit of brushed look but still wow brilliant.

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 05-27-2010).]

Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Count me in!!! Again!

I want two also,just like before. Possibly three this time.

Thanks Race for doing this again
Thanks Again, Cornersonrails for the oppertunity to have a first addition coin!

Funny, I was just wondering a couple days ago if you were going to do this again soon... And here it is...

Jim
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
You can also count me in for two.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for one BlkWidow ... the color scheme from the link looks perrrrrrfect
Thanks Kenton
Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I'm in for one to celebrate my first year with PFF

------------------

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I would also like two please.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I'm open to what ever colors you pick......I will take 5
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one, RACE....unless you come up with a couple of different color schemes....then I'm in for one of each.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
i'll take 2...
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Count me in for one
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
ill take one also...

------------------

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for one or two depending on the final style. I like the copper look. What about just a plain steel with no color? http://www.coinsforanything.com/detail.asp?id=325

[This message has been edited by ARKaiser (edited 05-27-2010).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

I'm in for one or two depending on the final style. I like the copper look. What about just a plain steel with no color? http://www.coinsforanything.com/detail.asp?id=325

I had a prototype coin made that has no paint. I will post a photo of it later. It is two-toned nickel and shiny gold with some of the nickle sandblasted. I wanted to see what it would look like with no paint. If we did a naked silver or gold coin it might be cool to not get the epoxy coating.

Later tonight I will update the list.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

Count me in!!! Again!

I want two also,just like before. Possibly three this time.

Thanks Race for doing this again
Thanks Again, Cornersonrails for the oppertunity to have a first addition coin!

Funny, I was just wondering a couple days ago if you were going to do this again soon... And here it is...

Jim

It was my pleasure Jim and I thank you also for your generosity. Chris
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm down for 2. Looking forward to the final design.

1. CoolBlue
2. RedHot88

Thanks for including the link, they have created some very nice coins.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 05-31-2010).]

Freshj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for at least one, maybe more depending on final design choice.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I will always post the most current status of the project on Page 1 Post 1 so that you can see the status at a glance.

For your planning purposes, each coin will have a price likely between $7-9 + flat rate shipping/packaging cost of $4.80/address. Paypal Only. Have your funds ready to go. We may order them as early as next week.

Orders will be shipped via US Postal Service. (If you do not live in the Untied States it is cost prohibitive for me to insure your order. The good news it there is no extra fee international orders. The international buyer must agree to not hold me responsible for problems that may occur during shipping).

As with previous orders you have the option to either make them trackable or you can request personalized engraving at no extra charge similar to what you see in the photos of previous coins. If you choose personalized you are allowed A MAXIMUM OF 10 LETTERS OR SPACES. That is all that will fit on the coin. Please verify the accuracy of your order: quantity and choice of engraving. After the payment deadline no changes will be made to our production order.

Edited to add a photo of the naked coin that I had made. (This is not the coin that we will be producing during this run. I am posting it to keep my word from my previous reply).

It is one of several that I had made to serve as a metal, and color pallet. I think it would have looked better all one color and finish but I wanted to see what a two-toned coin would look like with sandblasted silver. It looks better in person and is one of my favorite coins. The camera makes the silver portion appear more white. In person the silver glows instead of being reflective.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
This time around I would like four (4)

BMTFIERO
Lady BMT
Mitchell
Marshall
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
My request for two should have stated---
LT188GT
TORKED
One of each.
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Direct Link to This Post
I'd like mine to say "bhines" on it, thanks!
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
I would like a 1st and 3rd edition coin. "TIRETREAD", please. Thanks!
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'm in for 2. OBCSHN and XCTMNT
vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for at least 2 depending on color choices, etc. Let you know on engraving shortly.
Vince
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Mine ...

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-30-2010).]

zigaroo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 2:

zigaroo
FORMULA

I really like this finish as well: http://www.coinsforanything.com/detail.asp?id=325
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Race sorry I didn't say in my first post but I would like
1 DL10
4 with tracking #s
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
RACE I'd like to increase my order to 3, as follows:

1 with tracking number
1 with "Fierosmith"
1 with "DarkAngel"

Thanks,

Jim
PFF
System Bot
fierosa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaDirect Link to This Post
I would like two please with the following engravings

AAFO 1

WAMR

Thanks!

RDW

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Mine ...

Danyel, thanks for posting that picture. I had a feeling that you would help me out. I appreciate it. This is what the coin will look like except that it has two rings around the outside and it will have the finish shown in the sample coin.

We have enough coin requests to place a production order now. The deadline for new coin requests is Wednesday night at 11:59pm. Have your paypal loaded and ready. We no longer have any barriers to slow us down so this order will happen rapidly.

I will send a pm on Thursday with payment instructions but occasionally check the status of the project on Post 1 of this page for the most recent information.

Please check the accuracy of your order as it is listed above. (Quantities and engraving choice. The default engraving will be a geocaching tracking number unless you specifically request otherwise). If you have chosen a personalized coin make sure that it is spelled how you want it and that it has the capital or small lettering that you wish for it to have. I will copy and paste what is there directly into our order sheet. What you see is exactly what you will get.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 06-03-2010).]

vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Race,
I would have edied my first post, but I wanted to make sure you saw this.
1 coin to say MisngPiece
1 with tracking #
Thanks,
Vince
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
two with the name '' Azelice '' please.
tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Hi Race, I will up my order to three.

1 with FieroV8
1 with TStroud
1 with tracking number
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Race. Forgot go mention.
Coin #1. Chop24
Coin #2. TSHIRTS

thanks, Chris
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for two........one with SGW..........one with SAGE. Might take me a day or two to get the paypal to you, I'll "get er' done"!

HAGO!
Freshj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
Change mine to 2 coins, One with "MrDrift" and one trackable. Thanks again!
tgmchuck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgmchuckSend a Private Message to tgmchuckDirect Link to This Post
1 for TGMChuck please!

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
First car love - Fiero 86 SE 2.8 - RIP
Next Car love - The Chuck'n Fiero - soon to be work in progress

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors