Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
oh the fox wasent associated with a reastruant either it was alittle funny humor about the cars having the stigma of being fire traps thats why I found a running fox on fire his rear on fire!
IP: Logged
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
OK. I gave you permission to be a member. Should work now. Off to graduation in a bit.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Ok how about these two I am going to leave the ribbon on bottom for the web adress

I'm thinking that second one is looking good, jettesnvettes!

And yes, I agree with your idea: In my opinion, it simply makes sense to have the club's website name on it.

I think this may have been something you'd suggestesd earlier: What would it look like to shift that banner with the website's name on it from below the shield, to the top of the shield, but also adjacent to it?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I'm liking it too. I have to bug out now, but this evening I might try and make that image a little crisper/cleaner.

Jets, you're membership is active on the website now.

Let me know if you guys see any typing/spelling errors on the website, or if there is anything you would like to see added. Also, does the weather thingy on the main page work for you guys? For me sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, and I'm wondering if it's a cache thing.....
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:
BTW, has anyone asked cliff if he could move this to GFC? I think more potential Wisconsinites would see it there.

Based on the content of this thread, I think it likely would be more appropriate in "General Fiero Chat" anyway.

Hey could some one else ask cliff, I know I posted the question of doing it but for some reason I cant link my email server to internet explorer and well How do u send a email otherwise?? just dosent work maby u computer guys can fix my computer for me so I can do such basic things again

jetsnvettes, I could ask that question of Cliff Pennock for you, but your better bet, given that you're this thread's originator, might be to click on "P.M." --- the second rectangular button at the upper right of my post here --- and request of Cliff Pennock (not me, and you'll presumably see what I mean by that) that he would effect that change for us.

In my opinion, because of the majority of its content, this thread really belongs not in the "Technical Discussion & Questions" section anyway, but in "General Fiero Chat." If you encounter a computer problem making that request of Cliff Pennock to move this thread there, I presumably could make it for you, given that you, this thread's originator, clearly have agreed here that this thread should be moved to "General Fiero Chat."

However, please first try what I've suggested, and let me know if you're able to make that request. Also, do keep in mind that Cliff Pennock lives in the Netherlands, so there is a substantial time zone difference between where he lives, versus where we do. Accordingly, he may not be in a position to respond to your request as quickly as you'd might like.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ok guys I got my computer to send a messege finally and I pm'd cliff so hopefully this gets moved soon, far as moving the ribbon to the top ill get to work on it after the kids go to bed tonite, Is their anybody else with any ideas for the club logo??? its going to take me awile to clean up the pic its been choped up and messed with a bunch of times now but ill get it done asap. For the website can we have a tab on the top of the main page that shows friend request or in a status box instead of it being in the mailbox screen?? and will out induvidual pages support stuff like widgets and music players?? it seems like its kinda in a myspace/ facebook format wich I really like it is verry simple to use thumbs up!!
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Ok guys I got my computer to send a messege finally and I pm'd cliff so hopefully this gets moved soon...

Good! I'm glad my instructions helped you. Just remember, it's now A.M. "tomorrow" where he's at.

In any case, when he has an opportunity to see your request to move your thread from "Technical Discussion & Questions" to "General Fiero Chat," I'd think he will be quite amused to see how we ---- thousands of miles away from him --- have used his forum to create a completely new Fiero club.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey ya I agree and If he would like I think we should post a link directly to his site for our members that we may get that might not know about the forum
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey project34 im prob gona tear apart the top of my engine tomorrow if u wana help stop on over!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Ok guys I got my computer to send a messege finally and I pm'd cliff so hopefully this gets moved soon, far as moving the ribbon to the top ill get to work on it after the kids go to bed tonite, Is their anybody else with any ideas for the club logo??? its going to take me awile to clean up the pic its been choped up and messed with a bunch of times now but ill get it done asap. For the website can we have a tab on the top of the main page that shows friend request or in a status box instead of it being in the mailbox screen?? and will out induvidual pages support stuff like widgets and music players?? it seems like its kinda in a myspace/ facebook format wich I really like it is verry simple to use thumbs up!!

I can look and see if I can do that. A lot can be done with it. There are may widgets for it. I'm trying to get to know it the best I can. You can also write your own HTML code and do pretty much whatever you want, but I in no way know how to do that. I'm impressed with all that can be done.

hey ya I agree and If he would like I think we should post a link directly to his site for our members that we may get that might not know about the forum
Already done

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004
I've put together an initial members list. Do I have this correct so far?

www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/memberslist.htm

And recheck the main page

www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
You know what you can add me to your list I am on the border and if you do things south I can attend for some fun.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Hey 86fierofun, can you add my real name to the membership names as Steve please?

Steve

BTW, just signed up for membership.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Cliff Pennock, thank you for closing our fledgling club's thread that was in "Technical Discussion & Questions" (where we noted it really didn't belong), and putting a copy of it here, in "General Fiero Chat." That way, anybody still looking for our thread in the TD & Q section still would find it, but also know to look for updates to it within the more appropriate section for it, "General Fiero Chat."

I didn't think through those changes as clearly as you had, so again, thank you for effecting both of those changes for us.

hey project34 im prob gona tear apart the top of my engine tomorrow if u wana help stop on over!

jetsnvettes2000, I'm flattered by the invitation, but trust me, you don't want to witness my wrenching skills.

I can crack a spark plug in an engine block from 20 yards away just by looking in the general direction of it. I didn't think myself to be that scary ugly, and my GF agrees with that, but spark plugs apparently don't.

Let me know if you guys see any typing/spelling errors on the website, or if there is anything you would like to see added.

86fierofun, I didn't see any typo or spelling errors on the website you've created, and I often can spot those from 20 yards away, just as easily as I can crack spark plugs in an engine block by looking in their general direction at that distance.

By the way, nice work on creating our website!

In regard to your first question, maybe we later can add to the website, photos of some of our Fieros.

In regard to your second question (which I've reproduced immediately below), maybe I'm overlooking something, but I didn't see the weather feature you'd referenced:

Also, does the weather thingy on the main page work for you guys? For me sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, and I'm wondering if it's a cache thing.....

Overall gentlemen, I'm thinking this all is coming together rather nicely, don't you?

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Agreed
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Very nice job on the club website!

Steve
FieroScott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I also live in the Fox Vally, I presently own 5 Fiero's. My Daughter is the oner of the Red 86SE at Menasha High wwhich was mentioned earlier. I just signed up on your website. I have been a Fiero Fanatics Member since I joined at the Dells Run in !995 and have not missed a year since.
For anyone in the Fox Vally that would be available next Friday May 21st the Menasha High Auto Class is having a Car Show open to the Public from 9am to 3pm behind the School. Last year there were over 100 cars in attendance.

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

cool looks like our little club has enough guys to do alot of fun work already!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by FieroScott:

Hi, I also live in the Fox Vally, I presently own 5 Fiero's. My Daughter is the oner of the Red 86SE at Menasha High wwhich was mentioned earlier. I just signed up on your website. I have been a Fiero Fanatics Member since I joined at the Dells Run in !995 and have not missed a year since.
For anyone in the Fox Vally that would be available next Friday May 21st the Menasha High Auto Class is having a Car Show open to the Public from 9am to 3pm behind the School. Last year there were over 100 cars in attendance.

I pass your daughter alot when I am droping my kids off at clovis, does her car have a headlight issue??? i noticed it the other day both up and no lights? oh ya welcome to the club!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Job well done on the website too!!!! I think as we grow the site is going to be a major asset to us!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
I got a problem guys, today I busted a nut workin on the car and got it to the point I could drive it and well at four oclock today I drove a fiero my fiero for the verry first time, I drove it from here on fourth street to my parents on ida and well the problems started to be aparent that I missed, the thing dosent have a spedo working and it dosent want to shift, and on the way back I blew out another brake line!!! anybody got a spare left front steel brake line???, and I think the steel line that runs from master cylinder to rear is about to go too grrrrrrrr!! on another note my interior project is lookin killer!!! almost done just have to get a radio and trim out the center council and bolt it down!!! so today was a 4 steps forward and three steps back kinda day!!
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

So did I hear someone talk about the possibility of getting an Isuzu 5 speed back up switch somewhere?

I looked again and didnt see a way i could get it out could u take a pic of yours so I make shure I am trying to get the right one?
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Any of you guys on Facebook?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I am ill shoot ya a pm
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Very nice job on all of this. My name is Chris by the way. The logo is nice as well. If that is the concensus of what you would like it to be it's fine with me. Jetsnvettes you have a pm

------------------
88blackchopv8

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Im on fb shoot me a pm for my name.

Im going to Gibsons monday in the morning all day so text me if ya want to go 920 327 0685
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I was able to take mine out with a large cresent wrench after taking out the two 10mm bolts next to the switch

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I want to come to some of your meets, but I will be there in a Beretta.

Also, you're all more than welcome to come to any WI GM-Tuners meets.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I just approved 4 new members on the website! Thanks for your patience guys. I wasn't by a computer yesterday. I will update the members list in a few min.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 05-17-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004
OK. Member's list updated.

As for the logo, I have all of them up on the website in one place or another. Which one do you guys prefer?

The weather thing is on the main page, bottom right. It's supposed to display the weather for Appleton, WI.

Rob, I would highly suggest investing in a set of stainless steel lines from the fiero store. I have had a set on mine for quite a while (I think 3 years) and they still look brand new. Well worth the money. Otherwise, if you buy the brake line and fittings, I can have your lines changed out in a couple of hours. I've bent more brake lines for my cars than I wish to admit. That's also why I ended up buying the SS lines. Best money I've spent on my car yet.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004
Any thoughts on this Saturday? Do we want to do something?
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

OK. Member's list updated.

As for the logo, I have all of them up on the website in one place or another. Which one do you guys prefer?

The weather thing is on the main page, bottom right. It's supposed to display the weather for Appleton, WI.

Rob, I would highly suggest investing in a set of stainless steel lines from the fiero store. I have had a set on mine for quite a while (I think 3 years) and they still look brand new. Well worth the money. Otherwise, if you buy the brake line and fittings, I can have your lines changed out in a couple of hours. I've bent more brake lines for my cars than I wish to admit. That's also why I ended up buying the SS lines. Best money I've spent on my car yet.

hey if u could bend up lines that would be cool I dont want to waist the money on stainless ones for this car it is just too far gone to invest nice stuff into it ill be doing all the stainless stuff in the next fiero i buy as soon as my darn motorcyle sells, so ya anyway for now a good ol set of steel lines will prob outlive this car.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

The weather thing is on the main page, bottom right.

I found it and it works fine for me. Thanks.
Dan Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RoSend a Private Message to Dan RoDirect Link to This Post
Are the meetings going to generally be at the same location or are they going to change once in awhile? I work on Saturdays till 5 (I can always stop by after work) and no longer own a Fiero, but continue to visit here and talk with any and every Fiero owner I meet.

[This message has been edited by Dan Ro (edited 05-17-2010).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

I'd like to see a relatively simple logo, one similar to the last one jetsnvettes posted on this thread, and which shows our Fiero club's website address:

However, for our Fiero club's website address, maybe we should (as often seems to be the convention these days) lose the "http//" part, and substitute for it the "www." part, and then either curve the address's script to match the curved banner in which it currently resides, or just lose the curved banner and put our Fiero club's website address script in a straight line above or below the shield.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
came across a posting on cl for vinyl graphics for cars and trucks and its cheap. let me know if you guys would be interested in going that route aswell
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ill get to work on loosin the the banner and moving the adress but will the site work if u put www instead of http??? oh and today I went to autozone and what do u know they sell a 30 inch chinck of bubble flare line, the exact length of the left front line just about!!! so I changed it altho not pretty it will do!!! I also figured out the spedo issue tonite as I was changing the trani pan gasket and filter I noticed the wires to the sending unit were cut so I spliced in a bit of wire and ten minuts later i have a working spedo!! now all I need is some brakes and some good tires, a steering damper and tie rods and I think I could drive it!! oh i shopuld prob get the missing right front side light trim thingy too!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey rams what are they charging to do it???
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000~I have tires and rims....Lets talk! I probably have a steering dampner also.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
here it is

and with the www next

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock