Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Central wisconsin fiero club (The newest fiero club!) by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 05-04-2010 11:37 PM
Replies: 574
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-16-2010 08:12 PM
sadie goad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I mean the actual font to download and use on my computer. However, nevermind! I found it by simply searching PFF. Of course!

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 05-23-2010).]

IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Well guys while pulling parts off this car.

I found some damage
The car must have been hit in the passenger side right behind the door. They tried to pound out the damage but couldn't. Sooooo they filled it in with Great Stuff!

Good news is the rear of the car is pretty much rust free. The battery area shows very little rust. So if any one need a rear section I could cut it off.

I also scored some KYB shocks from the front.They look pretty new!

Steve

yup my upper frame rails are pretty much swiss cheese so if those ones are solid I should prob buy them off u and weld them into my car, just drill the welds and it should pop off!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Hey everyone....So I was bored today. Went to the shed and dug out the 86 se parts car and started stripping it for parts.

Anybody need anything?

It's a silver 86 SE V-6 auto with a rod knock. Most of the grey interior is gone or shot.

It did have 4 awesome looking inner wheel well liners.

Oh and Jets the tires are P215-60-14's not P205's.

Steve

so do u think they would fit? 205 is taller than the 195 a bit huh? my car sits really low on 195's id kinda like to keep it at that height plus my shocks are shot so 205's may rub lol but hey bring one along and lets see if it fits!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Sory guys I wont be makin the trip to the dells this year I have way to much going on with the vettes and that weekend I am still hosting a get together here for those who are staying in town and wana come over and tinker with the cars, For the tech day in two weeks I think i am going to show u guys how to fix busted fiberglass and how to fill in missing areas that were broken off, Plus I will go thru the steps of replacing a smc fiberglass panel using the 3m glue system I have cut off a rear quarter on one of the vette bodys as the guini pig and left it all rough with old glue and glass bits still left on it plus I have a rear clip here for guys to knock holes into and try and fix them, bring some kitchen rubber gloves it will get sticky!! I pulled it out onto the pad so their will be plenty of room for everyone to get around and get their hands dirty!! I am going to set a time of 10 AM for things to get rollin If it is raining we can move into the garage and work their! I have other panels to tinker with to learn on! Ill plan on this being a show up whenever u want kinda thing all day till ???
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Hey Jets~check out this link

http://www.1010tires.com/Ti...or.asp?action=submit

or see the tire size comparisons below.
Looks like the p215-60-14 tires I have are smaller in diameter which means a lower ride height.

Stock Tire >Search Tires Tire 1 - 195/70R14 >Search Tires Tire 2 - 215/60R14 >Search Tires
Section Width: - -
Section Width: 7.67 in 195 mm
Section Width: 8.46 in 215 mm

Rim Diameter: - -
Rim Diameter: 14 in 355.6 mm
Rim Diameter: 14 in 355.6 mm

Rim Width Range:
Rim Width Range: 5.5 - 7 in
Rim Width Range: 6 - 7.5 in

Overall Diameter: - -
Overall Diameter: 24.74 in 628.39 mm
Overall Diameter: 24.15 in 613.41 mm

Sidewall Height: - -
Sidewall Height: 5.37 in 136.39 mm
Sidewall Height: 5.07 in 128.77 mm

Radius: - -
Radius: 12.37 in 314.19 mm
Radius: 12.07 in 306.57 mm

Circumference: - -
Circumference: 77.72 in 1974.0 mm
Circumference: 75.86 in 1926.8 mm

Revs per Mile: -
Revs per Mile: 840.7
Revs per Mile: 861.2

Steve

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
cool Ill take them! fleet farm seems to be the only one that has tires otherwise, and damn they are paper thin Id take alittle cracking over china made paper thin sidewalls anyday! I went to fox tire and whoa they want 260 for two tires! they are nuts!!!! id have more into tires than I do in the whole car and the interior redo I think!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Do you want the rims too?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
naw I have american racing rims Ill pay to have your tires pulled off your rims tho
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Crap. The dells run is in two weeks. I really want to be at that show.... How far is it from the dells to your house Jets? Because after the show (it ends at 4) I would be up to heading to your place, since I highly doubt my fiero will be working by then and I'ld more than likely be in my datsun.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Looks like the p215-60-14 tires I have are smaller in diameter which means a lower ride height.

Overall Diameter: - -
Overall Diameter: 24.74 in 628.39 mm
Overall Diameter: 24.15 in 613.41 mm

All other things being equal, that also means the speed of jetsnvettes' Fiero (assuming those stats can be applied to the rear tires) will be slightly less than what it was previously (by about 2.4%), but it likely also will exhibit slightly quicker acceleration.

IMHO, however, I wouldn't regard either as a large difference.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Crap. The dells run is in two weeks. I really want to be at that show.... How far is it from the dells to your house Jets? Because after the show (it ends at 4) I would be up to heading to your place, since I highly doubt my fiero will be working by then and I'ld more than likely be in my datsun.

Depending on what way you take its about 2 and a quarter hours from west side appleton which is close to Robs place.

can i get a ride in the Datsun?
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

hey I think ud make it here by six if u left by 4 wich would be fine with me Ill try and save some resin for you to play with!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey rams r u gona take that center council plastic? i am takin the kids to dairy queen ill drop it off sice its right next to your house
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
So Jets~How about we have a get together at my house and we will remove the tail section of a Fiero!!

How soon do you need the tires?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey Steve if I can manage to get a sitter I could possibly come up this weekend sunday after ten to shure but, I prob can wrangle my parents into sittin for the day they owe me a huge favor at the moment, my cousins car blew apart in my driveway so I now have a huge project to get done within the next two days grrrrrr it never ends!!!! I am going to use this opertunity to tell everyone please a couple times a month if u have working air turn it on for a few minuts even in the winter so the clutch dosent freeze up!!! it can be devestating to other things as my cousin found out tonite!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
oh ya forgot about the tires hey soon as I can get them!! its a real pain adding air to the current ones every day just to move it in the driveway!!! and hey since i am writing got a question for ya all, I am having trouble with my new headliner, ive tried three types of headliner specific glue and the darn thing still keeps comin down in the heat of the day??? the last stuff I tried was the 3m super trim adheisive pn 08090, it is the crap that is 20 bucks a can I figured it would be the best since it is what 3m reccomends for high heat areas like the roof, WHat have u guys used that works??? my car sits in the sun and now has a mostly black interior Id bet its gettin way over a hundred in the cabin what should I use?? that I can get in a spray can, I dont want to trash a paint gun if I dont have to just for the sake of using industrial stuff
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
jets~call a local upholsterer and see what they use.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
I have used the stuff they use before but it dosent come in a spray can it has to be shot from gun I am trying to avoid using it if I can but if i cant I already have a can of the stuff they use I just dont feel like killin a gun over one headliner
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

Depending on what way you take its about 2 and a quarter hours from west side appleton which is close to Robs place.

can i get a ride in the Datsun?

If you want to. It's a truck though.

I think I'll do that then. I'll head over to your place once the show's done Rob. As for your headliner, I have a feeling the glue is not the problem. It's probably the 20+ year old foam. I think you are going to have to pull it, scrape it clean, and start fresh. I used one of the 3M brand products (I don't remember which) and it's held up for several years now.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
I am having trouble with my new headliner, ive tried three types of headliner specific glue and the darn thing still keeps comin down in the heat of the day??? the last stuff I tried was the 3m super trim adheisive pn 08090, it is the crap that is 20 bucks a can I figured it would be the best since it is what 3m reccomends for high heat areas like the roof, WHat have u guys used that works??? my car sits in the sun and now has a mostly black interior Id bet its gettin way over a hundred in the cabin what should I use?? that I can get in a spray can, I dont want to trash a paint gun if I dont have to just for the sake of using industrial stuff

jets~call a local upholsterer and see what they use.

I have used the stuff they use before but it dosent come in a spray can it has to be shot from gun I am trying to avoid using it if I can but if i cant I already have a can of the stuff they use I just dont feel like killin a gun over one headliner

Much to my surprise, there actually is a recent, late 2009 thread on this forum's Technical Discussion & Questions section, devoted to "Headliner Glue" ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104585.html ). Aside from the 3M adhesive you'd mentioned, those posting to that thread also mention using a construction adhesive instead, or pointed out that problems can arise from the foam backing of the headliner deteriorating --- regardless of the adhesive being used.

There also are some older, archived threads on this forum re "headliner glue" which recommend either Permatex Headliner Glue, Henry Carpet Adhesive from Lowes, 3M Foamfast74, Scotch 77, 3M "Super Trim Adheisive, DAP (Weldwood) Contact Adhesive (yellow, not white, and used with a spray gun, not a spray can), or 3M 8090.

In my own case, when I found the sagging headliner of my Fiero was attributable at least in part to the deterioration of its foam backing, I lost whatever patience I had for any of this and "cheated" by taking the car to a locally reputable upholstery shop. That was several years ago, and their repair still looks just as good now as it did the day it was new.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I just recieved a pm from SAFASTRO
"Hey Chris......sorry.....here in Canada, we just had a long weekend. I took off a few extra days, and went camping with the family to the good'ol rockie mountains. I'll be back in my office on wednesday, and give you some pricing and proofs.
Cheers......oh, and thanks for your patience!!!"
----- Original Message -----
hopefully I'll have something from him soon on the logo

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-25-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey guys the foam is new on my headliner it came atatched to the new material, i think i am going to have to just bite the bullet and kill a gun and use the heavy duty spray cement, so since i am doing this if any of u need a headliner glued now is the time to run to hancocks and get some headliner material, i got five yards for around thirty bucks, that should be enough to do two anyway since i am doin it again and killin gun u guys midas well use it too before it hardens
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone been able to revise that logo you all like? Personally I feel it is a bit cluttered. Something to represent the group should be a bit more simple and recognizable. There's just way too much going on. If you look at most businesses and other clubs, they use something simple for the logo (for instance the banner at the top of this forum).

If I were to choose from the logos, I like the Sadie's and the Pontiac arrowhead fox one the best. When I look at Sadies, however, it is almost a simpler version of the fox design, as the two F's resemble the ears and whiskers as well as the letters of the club name, with the Pontiac arrowhead completing it with it's V shape.

I'm not trying to knock the shield/Fiero badge design, but my head spins a little when I look at it. It may just be because it was made in Paint and just needs to be smoothed out a bit. I wouldn't put it on my car as a decal though, because in order to see all the details would have to be large. In that case I would opt for a URL decal or something.

I hope that this is taken as constructive criticism and not as an attack on that particular logo. That is definitely not my intention. I am very much for what the club is about and about bringing people together. And if the majority likes it, I say go for it and I will support it =). We all have different tastes!

If any of you are going to the Dells I'll see ya there =). i'll be there with Sadie G. and company.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys and gals i just uploaded some pics to the website of the first meet
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by snowblindburd:
Has anyone been able to revise that logo you all like? Personally I feel it is a bit cluttered. Something to represent the group should be a bit more simple and recognizable. There's just way too much going on.

I earlier had some difficulty deciphering what the illustration in the lower left quadrant of the shield represented, until somebody confirmed to me it was a valley. However, in all fairness, I'm having more difficulty seeing in your favored logo what you see being represented --- even after you explain it:

If I were to choose from the logos, I like the Sadie's and the Pontiac arrowhead fox one the best. When I look at Sadies, however, it is almost a simpler version of the fox design, as the two F's resemble the ears and whiskers as well as the letters of the club name, with the Pontiac arrowhead completing it with it's V shape.

Perhaps more importantly, to a stranger first seeing each logo without any explanation of it, I don't see why the fox presumably represented in the second logo would be more intuitively obvious to that stranger than would be the valley in the lower left quadrant of the first one.

Overall, however, with regard to what has been said earlier about those two logos, I agree most with what av8fiero suggested:

Originally posted by av8fiero:
I like this one as well

but I would suggest that the black band in the middle have the curve flipped over and have the text inside it curved to match. I would also suggest curving the top line of the shield as well. That way it will be more similar to a fiero badge. Also if the fonts in the black band could be changed to the style used in this logo.
I think that would look nicer [I know, lots of changes but I think it will improve the look of the logo]

After making those or similar changes, then to simplify things further, maybe we could substitute for the shield's four quadrants, just two bisections under the "Fox Valley Fieros" text (after moving that name's text closer to the top), and each bisection could simply depict the two Fieros currently shown: one with a fastback, and one with a notchie.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Ok guys I redid the whole thing how about this

Im not so shure I like it per say but I tried to do some of the things u guys asked about
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

After making those or similar changes, then to simplify things further, maybe we could substitute for the shield's four quadrants, just two bisections under the "Fox Valley Fieros" text (after moving that name's text closer to the top), and each bisection could simply depict the two Fieros currently shown: one with a fastback, and one with a notchie.

I agree with you, if it is the shield/badge logo, it would be nice to simplify it a tad.

I know that Sadie really didn't make hers to represent a Fox anyhow, it's just what I saw it in after I saw the other logo made to look like a fox. The ends of the F's made the logo as a whole like an abstraction of a fox head to me. Sometimes my way of thinking is a little abstract anyhow, lol.

Anyhow, my favorites are Sadies and the Pontiac Fox, but a simplified shield/badge also works. All that matters is that the club is represented the way they feel best =).

Again, it's not my intent to offend anyone, and I do sincerely apologize if I have, but I'm just offering my thoughts. Anyway, I should consider myself lucky that you're welcoming a Beretta guy that also happens to love Fieros to your meets =D.

------------------

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

snowblindburd

535 posts
Member since Jun 2006

Im not so shure I like it per say but I tried to do some of the things u guys asked about

It would be cool if something could be done with the outline of a Fiero, or to divide them in a different way, or not at all. I wish I was better at the design side of things. I have ideas but I just can't really draw them. Something like a simple valley scene with a Fiero outline or silhouette in it in the large part of the badge (something kind of like what is in the logo image page, but not that exactly). It really doesn't have to be a perfect representation of a Fiero either, as long as it's what you take away from the design.

I guess I'm just taking some advice from a book about design that I've read. If something is drawn too realistically, it's harder to relate to it or like it.

Like here, for instance, not all the details are visible but you know it's a Beretta.:

Or the Beretta.net logo that uses just a silhouette of the car:

I wish I had some more time, I'd play around a bit too.

I do think the Fox badge is pretty clever. I'd like to see it with "Fieros" instead of just "Fiero". Or even on it's own it is pretty cool.

------------------

[This message has been edited by snowblindburd (edited 05-25-2010).]

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully SAFASTRO will come up with a possible logo this week for everyone to see and we'll have another option. I really don't mind what logo you all choose, but I do agree it needs to be ledgible without having to be giant. That said I still like the 4 quadrant logo the best, I think it just needs to be refined some. Just my 2 cents, whatever you guys and girls want to do is fine with me
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

I agree, but I think that actually is a bit different from part of what av8fiero meant to say:

but I would suggest that the black band in the middle have the curve flipped over and have the text inside it curved to match....That way it will be more similar to a fiero badge.

I know you mentioned earlier in this thread, jetsnvettes, that it was difficult to alter the curvature of the "Fox Cities Fieros" text, but let's focus for a moment just on what av8fiero called the "black band" in the middle. Although in what I quoted just above, he said "curve" (singular) instead of curves (plural), the black band actually had two curves originally, one at its top and one at its bottom, but when you flipped the black band, you also eliminated one of that band's curves.

Another difference in this latest version is you put "Fox Cities Fieros" all on just one line, instead of its earlier two, which could make that text more difficult to read at a distance, as well as perhaps creating an overabundance of white space between that text and the Fieros depicted below it.

Accordingly, what I would envision there would be a return to the two curves of the black band, the two lines of text for "Fox Valley Fieros," both in equally larger font, and set within a larger black band to make the text easier to read, while also cutting down on unused white space between the larger black band containg that text and the two Fieros depicted beneath it.

However, I'll also readily concede, jetsnvettes, that for me, all this is "easier said than done," because frankly, I don't know how to actually implement any of those changes.

Therefore, thanks much for having tried to at least give it a shot.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Hopefully SAFASTRO will come up with a possible logo this week for everyone to see and we'll have another option. I really don't mind what logo you all choose, but I do agree it needs to be ledgible without having to be giant. That said I still like the 4 quadrant logo the best, I think it just needs to be refined some. Just my 2 cents, whatever you guys and girls want to do is fine with me

Id have to agree I still like the cleaned up one the best of the bunch I have alterd but I think i would loose the valley scene and put somthin alittle more easly defined in the spot say maby the pontiac symbol

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-25-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by project34:

I know you mentioned earlier in this thread, jetsnvettes, that it was difficult to alter the curvature of the "Fox Cities Fieros" text, but let's focus for a moment just on what av8fiero called the "black band" in the middle. Although in what I quoted just above, he said "curve" (singular) instead of curves (plural), the black band actually had two curves originally, one at its top and one at its bottom, but when you flipped the black band, you also eliminated one of that band's curves.

Another difference in this latest version is you put "Fox Cities Fieros" all on just one line, instead of its earlier two, which could make that text more difficult to read at a distance, as well as perhaps creating an overabundance of white space between that text and the Fieros depicted below it.

Accordingly, what I would envision there would be a return to the two curves of the black band, the two lines of text for "Fox Valley Fieros," both in equally larger font, and set within a larger black band to make the text easier to read, while also cutting down on unused white space between the larger black band containg that text and the two Fieros depicted beneath it.

However, I'll also readily concede, jetsnvettes, that for me, all this is "easier said than done," because frankly, I don't know how to actually implement any of those changes.

Therefore, thanks much for having tried to at least give it a shot.

Ok I see what your stepin in ya I can alter it again to do that it isnt real hard to do the bend in the black its just impossible to bend the letters thats all ill get on it right now
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
i would say for now we take a break from the whole symbol thing and just Take a vote on all fo them then divide it all up and vote again based on whats left and so on until the winning symbol is picked in a popular consensus.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
ok I tinkerd with it a bit more
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Not bad ideas. I'm working a lot, so I can't play with things right now, but when I get time, I'll try and redo Jetsnvettes logos in Photoshop completely, so that all the edges are smoothed, text is curved, and things are easier to see.

As for my logo, I would add an "S" to fiero if I had the fiero font. I'll have to find and download that too. I know it's on PFF. I downloaded it on a different computer once....

I take it the website is working fine. If something needs to be changed or updated, pm me here. (I check this site more often, for now).
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Ok I see what your stepin in ya I can alter it again to do that it isnt real hard to do the bend in the black its just impossible to bend the letters thats all ill get on it right now

ok I tinkerd with it a bit more

Yes. That is much more along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks!

Like you and av8fiero, I'm also interested in seeing what club logo SAFASTRO comes up with, but in the meantime, is there an easy way to make those two Fieros in the one immediately above look more nearly the same size? (My guess is this logo would look even better with the "Fox Valley Fieros" club name in "Fiero font," and curved to correspond with the curved "black bar" in which our club name resides, but maybe somebody else can help us with that.)
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
hey yup i can resize the cars ill redo that tonite when i get home, i think i may search for a more clear image of them too or maby a exploded view of one or a cutaway
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:
I'll go register for the local site in a minute here, and perhaps have my hand at cleaning up the logo posted in this thread...it'd be advantageous to create it in a vector-based drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator (that way, it can be infinitely scaled: a very important consideration for something meant to be vinyl cut, etc)

Not bad ideas. I'm working a lot, so I can't play with things right now, but when I get time, I'll try and redo Jetsnvettes logos in Photoshop completely, so that all the edges are smoothed, text is curved, and things are easier to see.

I'd guess jetsnvettes would appreciate those offers, Bradbitz11 and 86fierofun, because I'd think we'd eventually have a vinyl decal, and because of the difficulties he's reported encountering with smoothing the shield's curved edges, as well as curving the text.

As for my logo, I would add an "S" to fiero if I had the fiero font. I'll have to find and download that too. I know it's on PFF. I downloaded it on a different computer once....

I'd like to see it with "Fieros" instead of just "Fiero".

Adding the "S" in Fiero font makes sense to me as well; just please don't put an apostrophe in front of that "S" in "Fieros" as a different Fiero club actually did in their logo.

As for the Fiero font itself, I think sadie good already may have found that someplace here on PFF, so you may want to check with her first:

Originally posted by sadie goad:
I mean the actual font to download and use on my computer. However, nevermind! I found it by simply searching PFF. Of course!

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
hey Jets~did some more stripping tonight on the Fiero...notice any thing missing?

oops...heres the boo-boo. notice the great stuff remnants..

Good work on the club decal guys and girls!

Steve
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

hey yup i can resize the cars ill redo that tonite when i get home, i think i may search for a more clear image of them too or maby a exploded view of one or a cutaway

Making the shield's cars appear more equal in size would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Also, your interest in finding clearer illustrations of them (like the one at the upper left corner of each PFF page?) sounds like that could result in an improvement as well.

However, I'm not so sure about the benefit of an exploded or cutaway view, given our attempts to simplify things. Nonetheless, if you're looking for an "exploded view of one or a cutaway," I'd think you'd need look absolutely no further than the pictures posted here just a little more than one hour ago by 86soon3.4. Those pictures seem to me likely to be the most "exploded" and "cutaway" of any Fiero you'll ever find!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock