Started on: 04-18-2010 01:06 AM
Replies: 137
Last post by: bowrapennocks on 08-04-2010 08:23 AM
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
If you're obsessed with the whole wire tucking thing, you can certainly have the distributor oriented any way you like.

The #1 cylinder can also be connected to any of the 6 posts on the distributor as you wish. Just respect the firing order, 1-2-3-4-5-6 in a clockwise direction.
IP: Logged
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Look what came in the mail
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Nice goodies! The motor is looking great. Patiently waiting for my "goodie" to arrive.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Nice goodies! The motor is looking great. Patiently waiting for my "goodie" to arrive.

still?!?!?!?!?. I got some tracking numbers i will send ya when i get back.
Onefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OnefieroSend a Private Message to OnefieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Look what came in the mail

It took me awhile to figure out what the "knobs" were for lol
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Onefiero:

It took me awhile to figure out what the "knobs" were for lol

lol even after you said that, I was like.. What -are- they for... Doh.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
4 knobs 2 wheels.....they are racing lug bolts
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
This is the only wires that run trunk side of the engine. The alt, and the speed sensor

Ac mount all painted and purdy.

More parts in the sand blaster. (i thought i was done with this crap
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Ok. I have a cradle stripped to metal. My powder coat guy is being flaky so im just going to coat it in something. but what......Whats cheap and holds up good??
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
POR 15 works pretty well. I put 2 coats of it on my engine cradle about 4 years ago, and it still looks great.

If you decide to use POR 15, wear a long-sleeve shirt and rubber gloves. When that stuff gets on your skin, it won't come off until the skin wears off.
fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

When that stuff gets on your skin, it won't come off until the skin wears off.

That is so true. I agree, POR 15 is great stuff and I use it on a bunch of stuff. Our 67 GTO's are pretty much covered head to toe in that stuff. Isn't exactly the cheapest but a little seems to go a long way.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Update. Its 2:04 in the after noon and I just woke up
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
You work graveyard shift?

I have to admit, this old dog is learning a couple new tricks here. You have some fresh ideas that I think are interesting, like the wire tucks. I think I'll turn the distributer like you mentioned, too.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

You work graveyard shift?

I have to admit, this old dog is learning a couple new tricks here. You have some fresh ideas that I think are interesting, like the wire tucks. I think I'll turn the distributer like you mentioned, too.

LOL. IM unemployed. I stayed up till about 5 in the morning then unplugged my alarm clock at 6 when it went off. Im hoping my A/C pump will fit because a majority of the harness runs in that area.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
You know you're supposed to get all the mechanical stuff installed before running the wiring, right? hehe
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Keeping this out of archives. Move along....nothing to see here.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
BTW, I did the distributer twist like you mentioned in the wire tuck thread, and tucked away the wires to the ignition module. It looks a lot better! You should try it
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If you recognise this pic I feel sorry for you. This made my life a living hell for a hour.

Just a little "test fit" to get to visualise the finished product.

Anyone want to guess why my oil pressure sending unit line is 5 feet long? Anyone want to guess why the map and egr control valve wires are 5 feet long? Also have 5 foot vacuum lines....
All them ugly sensors are going in the trunk, tucked in a corner out of view. Im also thinking about putting the coil on the fire wall. The fuel pump relays are also being moved to a new location to clean up the engine bay. And for my "big trick" The cruse control diaphram is getting moved behind the transmission on a bracket im going to make. Im going to loop the cabe behind the engine. It should work.... I also got one of them cheap "line your rubber hose" kits just to make it look good.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Cool idea. Just keep in mind that the oil pressure senders have a tendency to leak oil. So if you value your trunk carpet, you might want to put a drip pan under the oil pressure sender... hehe.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Cool idea. Just keep in mind that the oil pressure senders have a tendency to leak oil. So if you value your trunk carpet, you might want to put a drip pan under the oil pressure sender... hehe.

Im not using the factory oil pressure sender.....I got me some aftermarket gauges
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Your engine is looking good!

Couple of things to consider:
Remove the brass ends from the throttle body left over from the coolant tubes - they will unscrew from the throttle body.
Put the Oil pressure sendor down by the oil filter - that is where the current line comes from.
Just slide the map sensor under the upper plenum... it fits there just fine and will be out of sight.

I am a big fan of eliminating clutter, but not at the expense of more hoses/lines draped across the engine compartment and also prefer to black out all the lines/harness so they do not draw attention to them vs. the flashy braiding or colored looms... it is just a matter or perspective. Instead of people complimenting me on how pretty all my lines, hoses, harnesses are, I prefer them to ask where they are.

PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Your engine is looking good!

Couple of things to consider:
Remove the brass ends from the throttle body left over from the coolant tubes - they will unscrew from the throttle body.
Put the Oil pressure sendor down by the oil filter - that is where the current line comes from.
Just slide the map sensor under the upper plenum... it fits there just fine and will be out of sight.

I am a big fan of eliminating clutter, but not at the expense of more hoses/lines draped across the engine compartment and also prefer to black out all the lines/harness so they do not draw attention to them vs. the flashy braiding or colored looms... it is just a matter or perspective. Instead of people complimenting me on how pretty all my lines, hoses, harnesses are, I prefer them to ask where they are.

I didnt know they unscrewed. As for the lines....Its not so much the lines I dont mine is whats on the end that I do. I just hate looking at sensors and coils and wires.....
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I got my mecham side scoops in the mail today, along with my coilover springs. Now im going to look at it for the next 5 months like I always do
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

I got my mecham side scoops in the mail today, along with my coilover springs. Now im going to look at it for the next 5 months like I always do

Yeah It's good to not rush into these things.

Cheers Beers n Gearz.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Yeah It's good to not rush into these things.

Cheers Beers n Gearz.

I was going to send ya a message saying I got them. A plus to you. Im going to bondo skin them and put them on when i put in my new engine.
Quick question for anyone reading. To get rid of little nicks in fiberglass will bondo hold up good? Im talking small nicks too.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Body filler is safe to use on small surface blemishes. You should only be concerned if a nick is on the edge of the panel (basically a notch in the edge). That would need to be repaired with fiberglass resin.

How is the engine coming along?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Body filler is safe to use on small surface blemishes. You should only be concerned if a nick is on the edge of the panel (basically a notch in the edge). That would need to be repaired with fiberglass resin.

How is the engine coming along?

Engine is done. cradle is done. My coil overs are here and my polly is going in the cradle in the afternoon. Now is on to pulling the old engine itself. I need the injectors out of the old engine because they are almost new. So I have all the hard stuff left to do
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

I was going to send ya a message saying I got them. A plus to you. Im going to bondo skin them and put them on when i put in my new engine.
Quick question for anyone reading. To get rid of little nicks in fiberglass will bondo hold up good? Im talking small nicks too.

Thanks Kris.

Duraglass is a good way, to fix edges on fiberglass parts, Bondoglass will do the job just about as well.

Joe
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
the car is for sale. Im out. 1000obo
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...&number=4&DaysPrune=

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 06-13-2010).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
What happened???

Joe
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

What happened???

Joe

Life just happened.
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
finally get in to the mil? or baby on the way?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
out of archives.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Does that mean you're keeping it and will hopefully finish it?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
OMG. A update. I just picked up a th125c transmission, left and right spindles, both axels, both hubs, both control arms, rear tie rods and a killed back from bearhugging my new trans into the garage. Those things are wayyyy heavier than they look! Pics in a minute or two.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear your picking back up where you left off!

------------------

Getting closer every day!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Bet you're happy you didn't sell it now.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
good build thread and the polybushes look good in black.
I have noticed whilst looking through your pics that the dogbone bracket that goes towards the front of the engine has changed position on the before pic it shows it is bolted directly to the cylinder head and then a/c bracket. in the after shot it is shown bolted the other way round the ac bracket first then the dog bone mounting

before

after

I only noticed this as I am at that stage of putting the engine back together

jon

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 07-29-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

good build thread and the polybushes look good in black.
I have noticed whilst looking through your pics that the dogbone bracket that goes towards the front of the engine has changed position on the before pic it shows it is bolted directly to the cylinder head and then a/c bracket. in the after shot it is shown bolted the other way round the ac bracket first then the dog bone mounting

before

after

I only noticed this as I am at that stage of putting the engine back together

jon

Good eye. I saw that when I went to put the dogbone bolt in and it would not line up. The engine is friggen dusty as can be so im debating if i want to tear it down and clean it up or just clean it up with a rag.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Ladies and gentlemen! the 2.8 is getting supercharged, I repeat the 2.8 is getting supercharged. I have one of them vortec kits for a while now and am thinking "why the hell not". I can actually think of a million reasons the 2.8 should not be supercharged . Its such a toss up though . A/C or boost. I love em both .
Oh yeah! i also have a "treat" for you all following this thread. When I get the fiero in the garage I am going to TRY to get a rod to throw out of the engine (rock on gas pedal). Of course I will record it!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock