Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Watkins Glen, NY 5th annual event - NYFOC 4/24/10-4/25/10 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Watkins Glen, NY 5th annual event - NYFOC 4/24/10-4/25/10 by ACSCAR
Started on: 01-25-2010 09:03 PM
Replies: 140
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 06-02-2010 09:01 PM
ACSCAR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
OK fiero people its up and running now pre-registration for the 5th annual watkins glen is up on the site www.nyfoc.com so please be sure to sign up early. T-Shirts will be up shortly I want to finalize a few more things with a design and also are people interested in sweatshirts again? Please let me know also if you are planning on attending the the dinner saturday evening please try to let us know so we have a head count as there is limited room in the back but we can always change that so we are all kind of together. So looking forward to another fine year and meeting some new faces, this year should be exciting and with some surprises hopefully. Look forward to seeing everyone.
AC2

------------------
NYFOC

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
DEFINITELY IN AGAIN!!! (And I'm bringing my camera and tripod again this year!)

Last year's "Fieros in the Glen" was my first-ever Fiero event and man did I have a blast. Some of you may remember my write-up on the 4th Annual "Fieros in the Glen - Watkins Glen '09". Never before had I ever seen so many Fieros in the same place and it was an awesome time. The people, the weather, the town, the restaurants, the "spirited" cruises, and "roadside assistance"... all provided a beautiful backdrop for a dream weekend and definitely made the trip more than worth it.

Let me tell you folks, if you have yet to put your Fiero on a real race track, you have no idea what you're missing. At this particular get-together, you will be given the chance of a lifetime; the chance to awaken the long-slumbering racing instincts buried deep inside your little car. Yes, your Fiero has a racing pedigree and to deny your Fiero the chance to join the ranks of those who have seen laps on an official track would be a crime among crimes.

I strongly encourage every Fiero owner or enthusiast within a 4-5 hour radius of Watkins Glen International Racetrack to attend the 5th Annual "Fieros in the Glen '10" in Watkins Glen, NY. What else could you be doing at the end of April that could possibly trump taking your favorite car out for three laps on a world class, NASCAR road course?

Join us! You won't be disappointed!

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 01-25-2010).]

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

Brocephus

617 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Just a sample of what you'll get at Watkins Glen!

You could be in one of these pics this April and your car could be the one in this mirror!

REGISTER TODAY!!
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ACSCAR:

OK fiero people its up and running now pre-registration for the 5th annual watkins glen is up on the site www.nyfoc.com so please be sure to sign up early. T-Shirts will be up shortly I want to finalize a few more things with a design and also are people interested in sweatshirts again? Please let me know also if you are planning on attending the the dinner saturday evening please try to let us know so we have a head count as there is limited room in the back but we can always change that so we are all kind of together. So looking forward to another fine year and meeting some new faces, this year should be exciting and with some surprises hopefully. Look forward to seeing everyone.
AC2

AC II,
Count me in for the Saturday night dinner & Sunday's events. I'm all for the hoodie sweatshirts, as well.
Boomer
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
got ya boomer throw me a call some time ------315.415.3504

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Sweet boomer and which fiero will you be bringin hhhhmmm will the yellow monster make a come back hehe and also in the picture of the mirror isnt that Corey (SLOW Peggy) Leppo lmfao just messin bud but got to admit thats funny.
AC2

------------------
NYFOC

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
our GTA Fiero folks now know too!

(only a 4.5 hr drive from Toronto area!)

oh, & tell us a bit about the track...any fun???!!!

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 01-26-2010).]

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

Fun?

Rather than tell you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITBbVeAGBs

This was only the third lap. I had turned my camera on and was ready to record when I hit the track. All I had to do was reach up and hit the "go" button on the camera but instead, I managed to hit the power button, turning the camera off. Keep in mind that by the time we got to the third lap, we had done most of the "fun" driving we could do, having caught up with the pack. The third lap was fairly mild (a meager 55 mph top speed at one point) where the first two laps were somewhat... "spirited"? This year, we'll be using Hardpact's camera for the race track event so that we also have audio.

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 01-26-2010).]

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post
Man that looks and sounds like a blast. But my fiero is a ugly pile atm. Not sure it would even been look worthy by april. lol
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
I never realized how close this was till Nick pointed it out, definately need to get our passports and start working on the cars for spring.
Just got to find some employment to fund the trip then, going nuts sitting at home these days.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Meh, I'd be in. But I can't guarantee a functional Fiero yet. Possibly next year. Turbo Northstars are welcome, right?
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

Man that looks and sounds like a blast. But my fiero is a ugly pile atm. Not sure it would even been look worthy by april. lol

What your fiero looks like does not matter to us you should come and hang out its a blast

as for the track its very fun you just have to hook up with the right peeps....they are paced laps but you can hang back if you have someone hang with the pace car ....slow peggy..lol
------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

[This message has been edited by Hardpact (edited 01-27-2010).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Hardpact

1216 posts
Member since Feb 2006

our GTA Fiero folks now know too!

(only a 4.5 hr drive from Toronto area!)

would it be ok to post some thing on your forum for us??? maybe get a caravan of fieros goin

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

Tom is right (Hardpact) bring it anyway! I doesn't matter what it looks like, it's a real casual show with no pressure. Just a bunch of Fiero nuts gettting together and catching up.

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Meh, I'd be in. But I can't guarantee a functional Fiero yet. Possibly next year. Turbo Northstars are welcome, right?

Come anyway, maybe you'll come away with another Idea for your car. Also, there's usually an extra seat or two to catch a ride in around the track. Plus, just being there showing your support for the club is more than enough. -Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 01-27-2010).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
bump to the front......... i also posted who is reg and paid for the glen

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

got ya boomer throw me a call some time

Tom,
I finally got to a Hotspot with Wi-Fi and managed to register for both membership & The Glen.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
How fun is the track? A blast!

I have been down the last couple years, although I typically spend the full day at the track and have not gone around with the fiero crew. The trick is to hang back for portions, so you can fly thru turns and get be able to get some speed down the front stretch!

The pace cars are inconsistent too. Two years ago I was three cars behind the pace car and figured it would be a boring lap. That pace car hit the track and just flew off, so we did too. By the end of the 3 laps, the pace car had caught the back of the field!
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Ya bring your car no matter what it looks like we love looking at works in progress and hey you never know lol and ya the track paced laps are never consistent thats for sure I know one time actually I think the first year we went up with some friends only like 4 fieros I was right behind the pace vehicle and all i can say is I couldn't catch up and then when I did he was a ways ahead of me lol but damn that was fun. Hope to see you all there
AC2

------------------
NYFOC

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Can't wait!
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
if i can ever get this damn clutch to work i am definetly in, hope and pray by then. this would be the 3rd year i miss due to clutch issues.

dan
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

if i can ever get this damn clutch to work i am definetly in, hope and pray by then. this would be the 3rd year i miss due to clutch issues.

dan

What's wrong with the clutch? Details?

You're in Johnstown. I live in Franklin near Oneonta but work in Rotterdam. Send me a pm and lemme know what's going on with the clutch.

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 01-27-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
from the GTA forum:

Re: WATKIN'S GLEN 2010 IN NY
by OH NIKO on January 28th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Hardpact wrote:
i'm workin on a place thats cheap for ya to stay !!! hope some of ya make it and i will have to come up this year i already have my passport so i'm ready for this year!!! thanx ~Tom

cool, thanks..if anyone wants to host one of us or two, we're game (got sleeping bags.. will floor it if need be!)...a Canadian 24 is in it for the host with the most...

PM me!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003

would it be ok to post some thing on your forum for us??? maybe get a caravan of fieros goin

tada!:

http://www.gtfieros.com/php...topic.php?f=7&t=1208

not sure how many will make it down as most peeps around here still have their cars in storage til may..& then work out the winter bugs...!

looks like a very good chance for at least 2 so far.

Oh ya, almost forgot, when is prereg up until?

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 01-28-2010).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Brocephus:

Fun?

Rather than tell you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITBbVeAGBs

This was only the third lap. I had turned my camera on and was ready to record when I hit the track. All I had to do was reach up and hit the "go" button on the camera but instead, I managed to hit the power button, turning the camera off. Keep in mind that by the time we got to the third lap, we had done most of the "fun" driving we could do, having caught up with the pack. The third lap was fairly mild (a meager 55 mph top speed at one point) where the first two laps were somewhat... "spirited"? This year, we'll be using Hardpact's camera for the race track event so that we also have audio.

ha, i knew that'd get a 'few' responses!

that looks like one great drive!!!

so unofficially, there's passing allowed on the track laps?

or officially ok?

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

ha, i knew that'd get a 'few' responses!

that looks like one great drive!!!

so unofficially, there's passing allowed on the track laps?

or officially ok?

Officially, it can get you forcibly removed from the premises - driving like an idiot can get you arrested. So unofficially, so long as you don't do anything out of hand, you can pass someone and claim that you thought they were having car trouble, haha!!
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
Event page has been updated ........

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Officially, it can get you forcibly removed from the premises - driving like an idiot can get you arrested. So unofficially, so long as you don't do anything out of hand, you can pass someone and claim that you thought they were having car trouble, haha!!

Hmmm....I might have done that...once or twice.......

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Wink Wink I've never passed anyone unless they were going slow lol
ac2
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ACSCAR:

Wink Wink I've never passed anyone unless they were going slow lol
ac2

or if your car is too slow .....

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

or if your car is too slow .....

And there's a 4 cyl. behind you chompin' your backside.....
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

And there's a 4 cyl. behind you chompin' your backside.....

don't blow that thing up this year.....trying to keep up lol

bump!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

PFF
System Bot
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

don't blow that thing up this year.....trying to keep up lol

bump!!

I wonder if it'll be more difficult to blow your doors off, now that their vertical doors.....
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
you can try but i don't think you will ....lol
mtjd25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtjd25Send a Private Message to mtjd25Direct Link to This Post
I am signed up to come, can you guys recommend a good place to stay over night saturday into sunday? im coming up from jersey so its a hike. It needs to be affordable, for me and my girlfriend. i was thinking of camping at watkins glen but wasnt sure if that was an option? thanks
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
THIS IS the info Tom was nice enough to send me, so i thought I'd post it for him & for everyone...:

Glen Motor Inn
3380 State Route 14
Watkins Glen, NY
United States
14891-9717
607-535-2706
www.glenmotorinn.com/page/page/5558879.htm

Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel
16 North Franklin Street • Watkins Glen, NY 14891 (new motel at the end of the lake little pricey but nice view)
Phone: (607) 535-6116 • Fax: (607) 535-6188

Painted Post, ny (near ACS House)
Lodge on the Green.
3171 Canada Rd.
Painted Post, NY 14870.
(607) 962-2456.

Americas Best Value Inn Lodge on the Green THIS IS THE SAME AS ABOVE HAS CHANGED NAMES THE ADDY IS THE SIDE ST, LOL
196 South Hamilton St. THE TOP IS THE MAIN ST
Painted Post, NY 14870
(607) 962-2456
www.lodgeonthegreen.com‎

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i recommend the hotel near ac's house it was cheap and had alot of room...and don't think you want to camp out ....won't be that warm out
mtjd25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtjd25Send a Private Message to mtjd25Direct Link to This Post
perfect, thanks guys, ill look into them
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, i would love to go so i can get to know everyone better but i am currently sorting out some clutch and transy issues...they should be done by early march but who knows....any way if all is well by then count me in, ill be home from college for a week during that time =)
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Franklin near Oneonta. If you can't get it right by March, let me know. I work in Rotterdam Tues. through Fri. and would be happy to come over and help you get it rollin'.

Clutches seem to be the thing this year. Last year, it was running issues in the Tech Section....
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
sounds great ill let you know as soon as i can
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock