Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Watkins Glen, NY 5th annual event - NYFOC 4/24/10-4/25/10 (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Watkins Glen, NY 5th annual event - NYFOC 4/24/10-4/25/10 by ACSCAR
Started on: 01-25-2010 09:03 PM
Replies: 140
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 06-02-2010 09:01 PM
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

Hey Robert Holtz I plan to head out of Corunna Ontario at about 5.00 a.m. on the 24th and will connect with HWY 402 somewhere near Strathroy Ontario. I don't know what your travel plans are but if you want to hook up along the way let's arrange something. LMK

Dave

Hi Dave et all,

I spoke with Bob Holtz this evening & he's sent me his cell #, so we can pick him up on the way after we cross the border on Sat morning, around 9;30 ish. He's staying fri nite at the motel 6 (9100 niagara falls blvd, niagara falls, ny, rte 190 exit 22).
IP: Logged
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

Hi Dave et all,

I spoke with Bob Holtz this evening & he's sent me his cell #, so we can pick him up on the way after we cross the border on Sat morning, around 9;30 ish. He's staying fri nite at the motel 6 (9100 niagara falls blvd, niagara falls, ny, rte 190 exit 22).

Alrighty Nick. Are you going to be our navigator?
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i believe pre reg is going to be done tomorrow .........8 more dayz ........bump to the top

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

Alrighty Nick. Are you going to be our navigator?

I DO have a GPS to try & find him, but my cell seems to conk out soon after i cross the border, so pls bring your hi tech cells & GPS units if u got em...(yes, i do need to upgrade)

Capitol City Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have been to the geln before
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Couple o' days! Good weather, please! We should be there early afternoon Saturday, get checked into the hotel, then find the party. Staying until Sunday late afternoon then loading up to head home.

Really looking forward to it!

------------------

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I am excited to get down there, although my Fiero will be MIA and I am disappointed about that. The engine is shot, with a knock in the lower end and low oil pressure (not sure if it is a bearing, rist pin, or something else, but it is toast). Still not sure what I will do with it (repair, replace, other?) but whatever I do it won't happen by this weekend.

Still, will be there with my Volvo C30 and am looking forward to seeing how it does on the track. It is sort of a good handling car, has a performance suspension and summer tires, but understeers a fair amount too.

Also looking forward to seeing the Fieros down there too!

BTW, not sure if people realized it but the track is open for paced laps on Saturday this year as well as Sunday. So anyone looking to get a couple laps in around the other activities might be interested in checking it out.
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Found a second sitter - might be staying until Monday now.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
....oops double post sorry

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

[This message has been edited by Hardpact (edited 04-21-2010).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Hardpact

1216 posts
Member since Feb 2006
im headed down there on fri .....my trans seems to be acting up but im going to trailor it down so if it breaks i have a way home with it ...not sure if i will hit the track with it ...but it will be there .......if i didnot give ya my number yet pm me so i can find ya on sat ....giggty!!!!~Tom

Edit: is there another tech session thing you would like to see i believe fiero jon is not coming .....i need to grab the right tools or we can just cruz around ????

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Haven't been on in awhile and didn't see this thread when I was. I'm going to be there again. I'll be staying at The Inn on thee Green in Painted Post again, Clean and inexpensive; $63 with my AAA discount. Leaving Saturday morning, about a 4 hour ride for me south of Allentown, PA, Most likely be alone again this year. I'll see what's happening that afternoon and night. Wouldn't miss the faster than race laps cruise to the Glen for breakfast Sunday morning. Haven't decided what to bring this year, The Formula was there in '08, the 85GT in '09, so I'll probably bring my newly resurrected 88 Coupe that an attendees' wife 'attacked' a number of years ago. It's not quite show quality yet but 'trophies, trophies...we ain't got no stinkin' trophies, we don't need no stinkin' trophies'. We're only here for the fun and the beer....and the t-shirt. See you guys there.

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one.
Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

PFF
System Bot
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
For those comming to my house on Friday I will be here after 1 and if you arrive please just walk in as I will be having my band practice this day so feel free to come in and down stairs and check us out hehe the more the merrier are singer needs an audiance to help her improve hehe will def be rockin it . Let me know

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
New York Fiero Owners Club
PRESERVING THE SPIRIT OF THE FIERO
WWW.NYFOC.COM

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i should be there about 7-7:30

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
I'm still not seeing anything on the website about breakfast at Chef's on Saturday. Are we not doing that this year? I can still smell the eggs and bacon cookin'!

Anyone up for 8am breakfast at Chef's and then a cruise to AC's for the tech session?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
hey all,

what's the weather lookin like for Sat & esp. Sunday down there?
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Right now TWC shows 68 and cloudy on Saturday and then 60 with 70% chance of rain on Sunday.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

I'm still not seeing anything on the website about breakfast at Chef's on Saturday. Are we not doing that this year? I can still smell the eggs and bacon cookin'!

Anyone up for 8am breakfast at Chef's and then a cruise to AC's for the tech session?

the 8 am breakfest is cool i will most likely be there but as of right now fiero jon will not be here ......if ya like a diff tech session like front axle seals or some thing easy i can do one and jason can help but i need to know so i can bring the proper tools ...~~Tom

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:
the 8 am breakfest is cool i will most likely be there but as of right now fiero jon will not be here ......if ya like a diff tech session like front axle seals or some thing easy i can do one and jason can help but i need to know so i can bring the proper tools ...~~Tom

Fiero's have front axle seals? LOL @ Tom. -Jason

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
kick me while im down .....always there to correct me .....but thats what you have to ask for at frickin napa...back off jason...lol
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
or dew wipes hehe

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
WWW.NYFOC.COM

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Well as things go sometimes, life (and our Fieros) doesn't always feel like going through with what we've planned. It appears that I have developed an issue that will prevent me from attending Watkins Glen.

More details to come when I figure out exactly what's wrong with my car but for now, I hope you folks have a blast and I'll see you next year, haha!

(Although, if I find out what it is and get it fixed before noon on Saturday, I'll be headed to AC's house! )
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
hey race track people,

will we be allowed on the track by the track authorities if it's raining or if the track is wet on Sunday?

If this is the case, would we be able to do our runs on Sat afternoon/evening instead?
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

hey race track people,

will we be allowed on the track by the track authorities if it's raining or if the track is wet on Sunday?

If this is the case, would we be able to do our runs on Sat afternoon/evening instead?

Cars have been on the track in past years during wet conditions. However, I would imagine it would drop the fun factor. I certainly wouldn't drive thru some of the turns on a wet track like I did last year.
Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
Car is all packed - check
full tank of gas - check
papers for border - check
Friday morning cat to vet - check
Friday night motel reservation NY - check
Pizza Junction in Tondawanda for dinner - check
Sat, Sun motel reservation WG - check
All I need to do is put driver in car - check

we are staying at the SENICA in WG

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
I guess if we have enough people who would like to go do the track on sat we could cruise over to there but also for those not comming till sunday we probably will be doing the track again. Guess we will take a vote on saturday at my house I'm off 86 exit 42 coopers plains get tp blinkin light of the exit go straight come to a stop with a fire house on your right, take a left onto main st then take your 2nd right onto mill street then when you go over ur 2ns set of railroad tracks u can see my back yard lol take next left mountainview 1 st house on the left 101 Mountainview pla Painted post, ny 14870 if any questions call 607-331-1342 if i hav signal i will answere if i dont its because im' not there lol

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
WWW.NYFOC.COM

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
see you all soon! heading out early tomorrow!
looks like a nice driving day tomorrow, just ahead of the drenching, lol!
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Bit of a late start for us, getting set to leave the Allentown, PA area now... figuring on about 5 hours up there with a fuel stop and breakfast somewhere along the way.

Cheers,
Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Just got home from the track. Saw a number of Fieros there today, including a late arrival by the Ontario folks. (BTW, thanks for giving us a couple peaks at the swapped engines to give me ideas on how to handle my own Fiero's dead engine.

Just an FYI, while in line for the track I asked them if they would run at all tomorrow if it rained. They said "no". So just so you know, if they are getting rain it doesn't sound like they will be doing the paced laps so watch the weather!

Have fun out there guys!
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Man I'm so down that I had to miss this year. But I did figure out what my issue was. Write up is in the Tech Section.

I hope to make it to Carlisle this year though. Who knows, my car might have some paint on it by then!

KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Direct Link to This Post
Boominator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoominatorSend a Private Message to BoominatorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KN16:

First round of pix:

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-...gallery.cgi?f=223882

Nice pictures, beautiful cars and a good turn-out. It looks like Saturday was THE day to be at the track!!! I wish I could've made it. Here I sit on Sunday AM with plans to attend the Decoy breakfast & car show but it's cold & raining - Boomer doesn't do cold & rain but I will miss not seeing everyone and swapping Fiero stories. It looks like a good time was had by all in attendance.
PFF
System Bot
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
You bum lol you missed an awsome breakfast man Ihave your shirts and stuff I'll get it to you some how hehe anyway it was nice and warm inside lol where alot of us hung out and relaxed and when it was light rain we went out lol you were missed my friend talk with you soon.

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
WWW.NYFOC.COM

KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Direct Link to This Post
Yet more pix (a total of 90 something) same spot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
A nice bunch of photos.
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Great photos! Thanks for sharing them!

Meg and I had a fantastic time this weekend, and would like to give a huge THANK YOU to the NYFOC for going through the effort of putting on this event!

We did some visiting with one of her cousins after the awards dinner and just now got settled in at home. The only thing we could find fault with was the weather, and I thought everyone did a fantastic job of making the best of it, just the same.

We'll be there next year.
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone for comming out in the wet weather on sunday I believe we all had fun in the rain and YES the track was open on sunday in the rain. Cant wait to see everyone again. thanks everyone once again for comming out to our little show and making it fun Please dont forget to email me any pics and vids that were taken I would really appreciate them for my records plus if I do a write up I can give the right person the credit for the pic hehe. if you need the addy let me know or call me 607-331-1342

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
WWW.NYFOC.COM

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
hey were the photos on the glen up i've looked and they dont have anything up on the site from the wknd that i can find and i've emailed them to.

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
WWW.NYFOC.COM

sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
They are up at http://www.tracktimephotos....=04&d=24&c=13&t=1&r=

I think the first Fieros start to show up around run group 14, but there may be some earlier. When we went out at the end of the day we were in run group 20.
cuestickjived

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cuestickjivedSend a Private Message to cuestickjivedDirect Link to This Post

I had a GREAT time!
Thanks for having me out, and I hope you all never lock your keys in your car, but if you do...
You know what to do!
Fiero Jon
www.FieroService.com
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay