Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Watkins Glen, NY 5th annual event - NYFOC 4/24/10-4/25/10 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Watkins Glen, NY 5th annual event - NYFOC 4/24/10-4/25/10 by ACSCAR
Started on: 01-25-2010 09:03 PM
Replies: 140
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 06-02-2010 09:01 PM
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i have Gene Weaver's money but never filled out the registration form and i up dated the event page on here also a.c. you need to call me !!!!!!!

BUMP!!!
IP: Logged
Capitol City Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
we will be making the trip as well as a rebody will join us from canada
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you preregister...thanx~Tom
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
I think I may have blown the engine in my car this past Friday. I still have yet to do any real troubleshooting, but I did find a bent spark plug in #3 (the ground was touching the electrode.) I'm not sure if I'll be able to find an engine on the cheap or if I'll be able to fix this one in time. It wouldn't be so bad but, this car is my (162 mile round trip) daily driver and saves me an average of $20 a week in gas. (My always-reliable pickup only gets 18 mpg or so.)

Gordon and BigRed said I could come peruse the parts cars and snag any needed parts to get it back up, but if it turns out to be deeper than I think, I may need another Duke altogether.

Anyone have a spare Duke layin' around? I'll trade ya my cash and your garage space for the engine!
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
bump
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
hey brocephus, how is the engine hunt going. do you definitely need one or was there something else that caused the issues you had

dan
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

I think I may have blown the engine in my car this past Friday. I still have yet to do any real troubleshooting, but I did find a bent spark plug in #3 (the ground was touching the electrode.) I'm not sure if I'll be able to find an engine on the cheap or if I'll be able to fix this one in time. It wouldn't be so bad but, this car is my (162 mile round trip) daily driver and saves me an average of $20 a week in gas. (My always-reliable pickup only gets 18 mpg or so.)

Gordon and BigRed said I could come peruse the parts cars and snag any needed parts to get it back up, but if it turns out to be deeper than I think, I may need another Duke altogether.

Anyone have a spare Duke layin' around? I'll trade ya my cash and your garage space for the engine!

Hey maybe you want to look at this https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/050634.html
=)
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
The story with my Duke is, I borrowed a friend's borescope and stuck it into #3 cylinder. The outer edge of the piston was missing 1/8" chips in several areas. The surface was pock-marked and looked a lot like the surface of the moon. The block looks to be in good condition but #3 piston is trash.

I have since secured an engine from Theiss2200 out of an '85. As soon as this damn snow breaks long enough, I'll run down to Harrison, NY to get it. It won't take more than a few hours to swap it and I'll be back up and runnin'.

I'll see ya'll in April.
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys i was wondering..... some of my friends would like to come, they dont own fieros but they are car enthusaits and would like to network with some of you guys and just have a good time. Their cars are a 1993 talon tsi turbo, 1989 supra hardtop turbo....
yes? no? any objections to it?

------------------

1987 5spd Fiero GT under construction

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I personally would like to see it stay a Fiero event!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC

PFF
System Bot
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Bump to top!

I'm a big fan of cars in general, but I too would like to see it remain a Fiero event.
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Well guys I would say sure your more than welcome to come and hang out and join us and check out the cars, It is an all fiero car show so you wouldnt be able to enter the show but you could def hang out i'm sure we would love to check out your cars. So I leave it all up to you. Just let us know
AC

------------------
NYFOC

redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

this year i will be bringing my car, i hope it will be as much fun if not more than last year
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
how many days left til it happens????

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 02-28-2010).]

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
See ya'll in 55 days.

Or, as they say in the military, 54 days and a wake-up.
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ACSCAR:

Well guys I would say sure your more than welcome to come and hang out and join us and check out the cars, It is an all fiero car show so you wouldnt be able to enter the show but you could def hang out i'm sure we would love to check out your cars. So I leave it all up to you. Just let us know
AC

Ok ill let them know and I personally own a fiero which will be there!!! =)
redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
Bump since its been awhile since its been front page news
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
My engine is coming apart by early next week. What we find in there will be a big factor on whether it gets to the glen or not. Hopeing for just valvetrain issues, but preliminary tests cannot rule out a bad cylinder either. (Cyl #4 tests bad on compression, and flow test seems to indicate a likely bad/sticky valve, although some oil in the cyl also raised compression so it could be a compression ring or both).

Time will tell, still have a little over a month!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

See ya'll in 55 days.

Or, as they say in the military, 54 days and a wake-up.

How is the swap coming? did you find a slave bracket?
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Just made hotel reservations. I'm in unless something happens.

Cheers,
Rich
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Thought I would bump this since we are Inside of a month now!

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
where abouts are you staying rich hehe was just curious. For anyvboidy around that friday MY BAND SECTION 8 Will be playing at a local bar in addison that night. So come and hang out and see AC Rockin the drums oh ya.

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
New York Fiero Owners Club
PRESERVING THE SPIRIT OF THE FIERO
WWW.NYFOC.COM

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i might take ya up on that ac ......can i sing???? lol

Capital city fieros -------do you have two cars coming because you paid twice????

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
Will not make it again this year, besides the fact that I now have to work Saturdays, I just want to get the bugs worked out after getting the clutch to finally work again. have fun and enjoy.

dan
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ACSCAR:

where abouts are you staying rich hehe was just curious.

We are staying at the Lodge on the Green, but we're not coming in until Saturday early afternoon. Sorry - Would've loved to hear you play!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
My Fiero might very well be 4 different colors but it will run and handle great! Almost done with the build.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
we have one cancel a.c. text me and i will tell ya who and y!!! and bump

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
YOU GOT A 2ND REGISTRATION FROM ROBERT HOLTZ IT'S FOR GORDN GOULET
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
ok ...thanx
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
17 days to go. *bump*
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
IS a passenger allowed on the track on Sunday?

i may have a navigator/videocam person!

oh, we have at leats 4 cars coming across from the Canadian side, should arrive early Sat afternoon & will be staying at the Lodge on the Green.

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 04-10-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

IS a passenger allowed on the track on Sunday?

i may have a navigator/videocam person!

oh, we have at leats 4 cars coming across from the Canadian side, should arrive early Sat afternoon & will be staying at the Lodge on the Green.

Passengers are fine. Everyone in the car will be asked to sign their waiver when you enter the grounds but there are no restrictions. Whole families in minivans will show up and drive around the track!
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
Yes You can Have a person in the car with ya .......I did pm you my number Right??

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
Cool I live real close to the lodge on the green and its real easy to get to my place from there.

------------------
A.C.Dobson II
President - NYFOC
New York Fiero Owners Club
PRESERVING THE SPIRIT OF THE FIERO
WWW.NYFOC.COM

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

Yes You can Have a person in the car with ya .......I did pm you my number Right??

OK, COOL & nope to your question. ( i don't believe so).

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 04-13-2010).]

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
you have a pm
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
I have not registered! Can I do so when I get there? I will be coming with OHNIKO's crowd!
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Dave E Bouy

1465 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by Capitol City Fiero:

YOU GOT A 2ND REGISTRATION FROM ROBERT HOLTZ IT'S FOR GORDN GOULET

Hey Robert Holtz I plan to head out of Corunna Ontario at about 5.00 a.m. on the 24th and will connect with HWY 402 somewhere near Strathroy Ontario. I don't know what your travel plans are but if you want to hook up along the way let's arrange something. LMK

Dave

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

I have not registered! Can I do so when I get there? I will be coming with OHNIKO's crowd!

you have a pm
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock