Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  FINALLY! Pictures of prototype body panels! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FINALLY! Pictures of prototype body panels! by Songman
Started on: 10-19-2008 10:40 PM
Replies: 119
Last post by: solotwo on 11-24-2010 08:47 PM
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post
Here are two more shots of the mr2 border front. I've seen this one in person several times when I had my mr2 turbo and was very impressed with it. Not "too" aggressive but still maintains an agressive stance and not too long either.

Just food for thought.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

IP: Logged
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post

msweldon

671 posts
Member since Sep 2000

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

this could be a NSC(ivic) version

Wow...fill in those top two vents and this is near perfect..looks too much like an alfa romeo as it stands, but is very very nice...

mw

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 11-06-2008).]

boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
The kits is looking good, I like the side skirts. Not feeling the front bumper though, too plain. I think it needs to be less pointy as others have suggested. I would love to have a front bumper like ferio has. I like the flatter look and redesigned lines.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT
www.FierosandMore.com This is a link to my personal web site, has pictures of all my projects and parts for sale.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Boysatt, what are those wheels on the blue GT in your sig?
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Boysatt, what are those wheels on the blue GT in your sig?

They are 18" Motegi MR7's that I painted to match the car.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I spoke to Eric on the phone yesterday and told him about some changes that have been suggested. I'm going to take printouts of this thread and other pictures as examples when I take the car back to him. If you want to get an example in, post it here in the next few days.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Not sure if they're looking for alternate ideas or projects, but I've always wanted somebody to produce an attachable rear "diffuser" for the stock rear bumper, maybe something small and subtle like:

Or possible styling ideas for the side skirts:

Basically it would be like a stock rocker panel but it would go a little lower and have a small scoop

or something inspired from the zr1

just tossing out ideas

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 11-08-2008).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
IMO,

The nose is far too long, even if we have to remove our 5km crash bar, it needs to be stubby. The design is alright.

The sideshirts are hideous, as with the random placed scoops. Think more IMSA style, something that flows.

I honestly don't want to start with the bumper as some people like it. But a more toned down approach for a second one is needed. It REALLY doesn't match the front. Business in the front, party in the back went out in the 80's.

------------------

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
I think its a good start, that bumper will probably sell the way it is now and they havn't finished the doors yet, but the way I understand it this is only the first one. There will be a totaly different kit for the GT after this one right? Another cool product they could produce would be a fastback conversion like whats on the ppg cars.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 05-06-2009).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006
PFF
System Bot
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
Thank you jmbishop. Do that one, exactly as is, and become rich.

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 11-09-2008).]

DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
I really like the way the front looks and i agree with other members a diffuser style rear bumper would be pretty sweet.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

Here are two more shots of the mr2 border front. I've seen this one in person several times when I had my mr2 turbo and was very impressed with it. Not "too" aggressive but still maintains an agressive stance and not too long either.

Just food for thought.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

thats a party foul poast

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
bump for updates!
Raz50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Raz50Send a Private Message to Raz50Direct Link to This Post
loving the front from page 1! I think with some minor adjustments could fit a non-GT body just by itself. I like plain and simple.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Just another BUMP.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Hey songman...anything new yet?
cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I was really hoping for a stubby nose, but at least its fiberglass.

I really do like this stubby nose idea. It gives the car a more aggressive and solid profile. I would buy the kit as is though. Being that it is fiberglass, I would consider modifying it to resemble the stubby nose, or not. If the kit is in the $1000.00 price range, I will start saving my pennies to get one and it would not be so expensive that I would be affraid to modify it. I like the idea of a kit that does not cost 3 times the market value of my car.

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Bump to the top.

You get busy again Songman?

I was hoping to see something that would be marketable over the winter so I could possibly buy and work on my car and have it ready by spring!

-Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ditto, bump for update.
PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

IMO,

The nose is far too long, even if we have to remove our 5km crash bar, it needs to be stubby. The design is alright.

The sideshirts are hideous, as with the random placed scoops. Think more IMSA style, something that flows.

I honestly don't want to start with the bumper as some people like it. But a more toned down approach for a second one is needed. It REALLY doesn't match the front. Business in the front, party in the back went out in the 80's.

Weird... I could've sworn the Fiero was made in the 80's....

(don't get mad, it's just a joke...)

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

I think its a good start, that bumper will probably sell the way it is now and they havn't finished the doors yet, but the way I understand it this is only the first one. There will be a totaly different kit for the GT after this one right? Another cool product thet could produce would be a fastback conversion like whats on the ppg cars.

even better, how about a bumper that looks like these ones? i would buy, i love the ppg bumpers!

------------------

Currently aStreet Rod/custom fab student at Wyotech in Sacramento.
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 151,000 miles! decklid window, silver guages. rear ended someone, and now the rebuilding starts! More pics of my 87 GT can be found here
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 auto, 222K miles and counting <-recently lost to arson (6yo bro playing with fire) RIP!
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4, 72K <-Daily driver
A 4 year olds knowledge of science: No matter how much jello you put into a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

Raz50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Raz50Send a Private Message to Raz50Direct Link to This Post
woah i love that nose
DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
So keep the nose but maybe ad/ continue the lines from the hood or head lights, put a diffuser on the back and have functional side scoops on both sides. and any updates?

------------------
"willing is not enough, we must do. knowing is not enough we must apply" -Bruce Lee-

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
BUMP.

What's happening Songman?

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Another bump to keep it near the top...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Songman any progress to report ??
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
bump
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Nope... The car is sitting in my driveway and has been ever since the Coast Run. The owners of the company told me that they fired the guy that was doing the fiberglass and are trying to find someone new. So I'm just sitting here waiting on a phone call. I need to get this thing finished so I can drive it! The 45mpg that it gets would be a lot better than the 8mpg my Jeep gets!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 02-24-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2009 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
BUMP to the top. Have they found a new body man yet?
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
bump
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what that is, but I want it.

What is that kit called?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
That is the Kamei X1 body kit, no longer available.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067899.html

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-06-2009).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
I do like the sides and the rear is ok. The FRONT BUMPER needs major work. Needs something similar design to match those side scoops. IMO use the Nissan GT-R34 front bumper which is currently available for several makes and models of cars.

I bet you could add Audi/VW day time driving lights with little mod too.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-07-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Songman

The sweetest revenge on these guys might be to hand over the body kit to someone like archie, whodeanie, or someone with vision and skills (cough Curly) and let them finish it to a superior level, and you then make some money off the original company's incomplete design.

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Anything we can do to help the project along?

After posting this I found the thread about the car being stolen. Sorry man.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 01-26-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Songman whatever happened with this car ? Did you finish it ?

Did you ever catch up with the guys who took off with your other fiero ?

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Bump.........
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock