Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  FINALLY! Pictures of prototype body panels! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FINALLY! Pictures of prototype body panels! by Songman
Started on: 10-19-2008 10:40 PM
Replies: 119
Last post by: solotwo on 11-24-2010 08:47 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Instead of putting the exhaust out the side in front of the wheel, I thought it would be cool out the side behind the wheel in fourpoint9s version.
IP: Logged
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow... It's pretty cool to see something like this actually moving forward!

To be honest, my initial reaction wasn't really spectacular ~ but after looking at it for awhile and trying to figure out the "why" ~ I realized it's because I don't feel like the scoops are shaped at all with the rest of the car's existing lines in mind. Specifically on the quarter panel area, the upper scoop completely ignores the shape of the wheel opening - and the lower scoop disregards the height & shape of the rocker panel area. Here's a little before and after of what I was thinking... they're not dramatic changes, but I feel they enhance the original bodylines instead of pretending they're not there!

As for the front end, I feel like it maybe drops down a little too quickly after the hood line (the downward radius decreases too quickly). And it does feel a bit "long" (and I never thought of myself as liking a "shorty" front end as well). Maybe just something in between the two extremes. Also, an extra small vent/slit in front of the front wheel wouldn't hurt either (but a simple addition for a body guy)

And finally, the rear fasica ~ I think my only complaint... is the removal of the original body trim. I know everyone else wants to remove their beltline, but I don't But I'd certainly be willing to add that back in if I were to put the part on my car!

Keep us posted on the progress Dale!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob. That is good input. They've already redone the front end once at my request. It was really dropped off the first time I saw it. I like what you have done in that last picture shortening up the front. I also agree about the side vents. I have talked to the guys about designing for a Fiero being different than what they are used to because the Fiero is very square and flat. They are used to cars that are more curvy. I'm still trying to find some of my old Photoshop pictures I have done over the years to show them what I mean. Thanks.
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
I like fourpoint9 photo chop I think the vents in the middle would look better the same size and had to put some big wheels on it.
My two cents hehe!

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
I dont like the scoops behind the rear well, overkill IMO and you would have to have matching scoops behind the front wells...

I dont like the front bumper I had to redesign it, it looks way too squared off, the tailpipes I added because they were just begging to be put there.
The twin rear scoops are shaped to the rear well and the sail of a notchback, the front ones are just copied on.

So mine doesn't get lost in the first page...

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 10-21-2008).]

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
I like the overall style, but the front end is WAY too long. Look to Fie Ro's car for inspiration.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Just to be really critical a minute.....no matter what the scoop designs in the quarter panels, ones in front of rear wheel should be lined up with ones behind it and similarly shaped. If there not, looks like they just threw scoops anywhere with no continuing flow. JMO.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
HC, I like what you did there. Looks good.

Roger, I agree. We don't want this to look like some ricer that just has vents for the sake of having vents.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Thats definitely better for the bumper, its a lot less likely to scrape the ground.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I've definitely learned one thing with this car in the past few days... I can't even get a floor jack under it to jack it up!
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
If you're doing away with the side mouldings, then I'd say do it all the way around including the doors. Otherwise, keep the mouldings in place.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Rob, the doors just haven't been done yet. It is lost back on the first post but I explained that they ran out of time and haven't made the door modifications yet. That is why the lower GT strip is still on there and doesn't line up, as well as the molding.

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008
http://www.fiero-performance.com

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Without the side mouldings to hold the bumper sides in place my guess is that you'll have to use hidden fasteners like a U-nut, or screws from insided the wheelwell.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they've already got that done. The connectors are all hidden inside. They put the parts on so I don't know how they mount, just that they are mounted and the mounts are hidden on the inside.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Lots of good live input at the Coast Run this weekend. I am going to try to take the car back down to them something this week and go over what I suggest as changes. Thanks to everyone for suggestions.
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post
Chiming in rather late here but has anyone considered the front of the early NSX. Short, wide, room for modification. Here are a few that I found on the net..

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'll make that suggestion when I take the car back later in the week, Marc. I've got lots of notes and am going to take printout of the comments and Photoshops from this thread with me. Thanks.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
I like the general shape of the kit. I also think that the intakes/vents in the front/side/rear are all to "sharp" and angular. Needs a bit more Italy and a little less Japan. Just my opinion. Really exciting to finally see a larger aftermarket company taking intrest in these little bastard cars.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
I can do a different one if you want me to.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Show me what you got!

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
the rear bumper gets my vote
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps leave the belt mouldings in place to keep it factory looking, control cost & simplify installation. Anyone wanting smooth sides can do their own mod. That way you can satisfy more people.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
But the no belt line looks so good on notchbacks!

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 10-29-2008).]

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Any updates Songman?

-Gary
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I like fourpoint9 photo chop I think the vents in the middle would look better the same size and had to put some big wheels on it.
My two cents hehe!

Too busy, too many scoops

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

relearning photoshop
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Maybe a little less is a little more?

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:
Chiming in rather late here but has anyone considered the front of the early NSX. Short, wide, room for modification. Here are a few that I found on the net..

this could be a NSC(ivic) version

TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Need something else......

(Yeah, I changed it)

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 11-05-2008).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Any updates Songman?

-Gary

None yet, Gary. I haven't taken the car back to them after the Coast Run yet. I was very busy this past week and weekend. I am going to try to take it back sometime this week. But I have been enjoying driving it since I got it back and got all the wiring issues worked out! It is a blast and it seems like I never have to put gas in it! Much better than my 12mpg Cadillac daily driver!
PFF
System Bot
John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteDirect Link to This Post
If the side scoops (around the wheels) are not functional, I would not include them. My $0.02.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msweldon:

There must be a pretty good size trunk in the back with that amount of overhang.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-03-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Songman you need to talk to madcurl. He has some reaaaaaally good ideas for this kit.

I think it would make a huge difference.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

One very simple thing that curly did, and that they could do, that totally modernized the car was add housings for new rear marker lights.

I believe these came from the Mazda 6.

Even small tweeks make a huge difference.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Tony, we talked about marker lights and reflectors and the like. The consensus we came to was that we would leave that to individual owners to pick what they liked and work it into the car. That would give people individuality, plus we thought if we worked a specific type of light into the design it would be bad if people couldn't find them in their area or couldn't afford them if we went with some specific light that might be expensive.

I will talk to Curly and get his input... But Curly, I gotta say right up front... We are not gonna chop it, widen it, or put a Northstar in it! haha
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I like this one. But it does look a lot like another un-mentionable car with a mid engine
megafreakindeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for megafreakindethSend a Private Message to megafreakindethDirect Link to This Post
the problem i have with body kits is that they all tend to look like body kits. if you can design something that looks designed by a manufacturer for production that looked cooler and still looked fierolike that would be great. this is why i like the artero front end from pisa the backend looks like crap but it fits nicely i think. all body kits out there regardless of who makes them look like concept cars which are just too rediculous to be something your willing to see 25 cars a day look like.

though, the body kit market is huge and it all follows the same styling trends so im hardly the majority and the market will always be out there.
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I like this one. But it does look a lot like another un-mentionable car with a mid engine

Yeah, that's starting to get there. Blending the nose into the front lid is tricky but I like it!
msweldon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

There must be a pretty good size trunk in the back with that amount of overhang.

Two full size golf bags...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock