Coming very soon.... by JimmyS
Started on: 09-16-2008 06:19 PM
Replies: 192
Last post by: chrismclubm on 06-01-2010 03:17 PM
Mark A. Klein

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Thanks for the interest in my front fascia

There are a few reasons why I didnt started production of these :
- I didnt intend to do that anyway. I just wanted to build my 'updated' Fiero and its still not finished
- Time
- before production there are several details that I would change which means new molds and...time
- With the low dollar/high euro and shipping from europe you would have to pay more and I would earn less

So what I do is sharing the buildups to provide information and inspiration to start your own project....as other buildups on the forum are an inspiration for me.
I dont care if somebody makes something simmilar, and if so let me know, I have some pointers to make it better.

Fie Ro I love your front end. What would you do differently? What lights did you use? Are they legal without the use of the stock headlights? Do you have any more pictures of them? Thanks, Mark
IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
We are now selling Gift Certificates in any denomination wanted.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

We are now selling Gift Certificates in any denomination wanted.

Psssst. Hey!....I heard there was a slot for those too, somewhere up in the front trunk next to the sunroof.

Glad this is working out for you. I might need some fiberglass bumpers in the future, so I'm happy knowing there's someone making them. Awesome work!
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
I just purchased my GT1 side scoops from Jimmy. Top notch communication and fast shipping. Products arrived on schedule with no damage (well packed). Fit and finish was great. There was one minor production error with one of the scoops. Jimmy knew about it before I did and had already sent me a replacement before I noticed it. I give the transaction an A++. Thanks Jimmy.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

I just purchased my GT1 side scoops from Jimmy. Top notch communication and fast shipping. Products arrived on schedule with no damage (well packed). Fit and finish was great. There was one minor production error with one of the scoops. Jimmy knew about it before I did and had already sent me a replacement before I noticed it. I give the transaction an A++. Thanks Jimmy.

Thanks again for your patience with this. I glad your happy with your purchase. Dont forget pics once you have them installed.
thegreep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thegreepSend a Private Message to thegreepDirect Link to This Post
bump to see if anything is new. . .
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thegreep:

bump to see if anything is new. . .

Newest product that will be ready the 1st of the year...
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073351.html
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Intruducing "The LIZARDO" Kit $5,000.00 + Shipping and Handling (Fiberglass only. No hardware or lights included) Shipping price coming soon along with paypal addy. **In stock ready to ship**

1 more post to follow.

How did I miss that? I was always wondering what happened to the Lizardo kit.
Glad to see the people making it changed their minds and are now offering the "kit", rather than just turnkeys.

Pricey, but in the price range I was expecting.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 01-07-2009).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Just for my comparison purposes (wanted to see where the differences lie):

Lamborghini Gallardo (old model):

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (2009 model):

lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Ever look into doing fiberglass roof skins? I'm tired of fixing mine.

------------------
Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6 Intercooled
Best ET: 12.20@ 114.90 mph (street tires)
11.74@115 mph (drag radials)

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Direct Link to This Post
i like the hatch wish i had a gt LOL

------------------

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, any more pics of the Lizardo cars ?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Jimmy, any more pics of the Lizardo cars ?

The Lizardo is making it's debut appearance at Daytona. There should be lots of pics after the show.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

This is still in the production stage but I wanted to post it anyway to get some feedback.

A little story... I love to drive with my sunroof out but I hate the way the top of the roof looks when you remove the sunroof. I came up with an idea, and we are currently in the beginning stages of it, to "hide the rubber" when the glass is out.

This piece will attach the same way your sunroof does. 2 pins in the front and a handle in the back. Best part is... When your sunroof is in, you store it up front under the hood in the sunroof storage area. When you want to remove the sunroof you just swap the 2. It can be painted to match the car or you can do like I plan to do... Cover it with convertible top material to accent my sail windows.

No price has been set for this yet. Like I said... it is still in the beginning stages of R&D

Feedback is appreciated though.

Thats all I have for now but we are working on lots of other ideas.

I would mold into it, the same profile as the wind deflector that came with the cars factory, since many owner don't have those anymore, and so there is less wind noise in the car.
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Holy Sh*t.
Lizardo = Need.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
If it looks ok at Daytona......it may be my next build-up
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

If it looks ok at Daytona......it may be my next build-up

We will have the completed car there along with a complete fiberglass kit. This way you can see what it looks like completed and what it looks like when you get the fiberglass parts. The kit we are bringing will be for sale so bring a truck/trailer and your check book.
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
I actually like the way it looks with just the wind reflector on, as long as its clean. It doesn't looks bad at all!
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I would mold into it, the same profile as the wind deflector that came with the cars factory, since many owner don't have those anymore, and so there is less wind noise in the car.

How about a complete fiberglass piece instead of the glass ?
To match up with the car , could be painted .
Only thing is that , there is a difference in the fitting of the glass.
i have two glasses . the original one and another , and when i put on the other that is less scratched ( when going to cars show ) i can hear the wind while driving , issue that is not present with the original one .
Just asking .
Just to make it looks like so many cars with painted sunroof .

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 03-19-2009).]

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
I got bored, so I made a photoshop of his body, with parts installed and painted. It's very, very close.

The Fiero looks considerably wider, except with skinnier fenders. The taillights are skinnier. The roof is also higher. Some of the screened areas are a little different shaped. But, any way, looks sick!

[This message has been edited by aeffertz (edited 03-19-2009).]

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post

aeffertz

798 posts
Member since Feb 2009
And another quick chop.
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

The Fiero looks considerably wider, except with skinnier fenders. The taillights are skinnier. The roof is also higher. Some of the screened areas are a little different shaped. But, any way, looks sick!

Thanks for making these photochops. Judging from your pics that means, essentially nobody can use Lamborghini Gallardo taillights, because they won't fit. Yes they'd be expensive, but still cheaper than 1-off custom taillights that are required now. I still can't figure out why the proportions are off by so much. Maybe it needs to be a choptop?

The side by the doorpanels bugs me a lot. Looks as if it were just cut straight from Styrofoam. It's very "boxy" and doesn't really follow the styling cues of the Lambo.

If you have time, please do more Photoshops. I'm curious how it might look like finished.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Those photoshops are pretty cool.

Let me clarify that this kit it not an exact replica. It was designed to be close and just resemble the Gallardo.

Here are some pics I took a couple months ago...

Most of the panels are just sitting on the car. The car is LOT further along now but I have not seen it since I took these pics. I will get my first look at it completed at Daytona.
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah,
no way was I bashing it in any way, just to clarify. It does have a few key differences, but I like it. I'm sure the finished product will be amazing.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert 2:
How about a complete fiberglass piece instead of the glass ?
To match up with the car , could be painted .
Only thing is that , there is a difference in the fitting of the glass.
i have two glasses . the original one and another , and when i put on the other that is less scratched ( when going to cars show ) i can hear the wind while driving , issue that is not present with the original one .
Just asking .
Just to make it looks like so many cars with painted sunroof .

We already have this in the works and it should be available sometime within a month after Daytona.
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Still messing around with some photoshops.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by aeffertz (edited 03-19-2009).]

Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
We already have this in the works and it should be available sometime within a month after Daytona.
thanks
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
I'm anxious to see the final product! Not a big fan of rebodies, but I like this one!

------------------
Arizona Fiero Club
If they take away our guns, can we use swords?

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

What glass are u using for the Lizardo front headlites??.......

Thanx for yur time!.......

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

What glass are u using for the Lizardo front headlites??.......

Thanx for yur time!.......

The headlights themselves are glass. The cover for the headlight area is going to be some kind of polycarbonate that is cut and heated to shape. I don't know the specifics exactly.

If anyone wants more specifics concerning the kit, you can email Dan at wilkidan@hotmail.com

I emplore you to not bother Dan unless you are seriously considering buying and building a kit. Dan is extremely busy making molds and parts.

We will be assembling a parts list of lights, lenses, trim rings and all the other misc. stuff that Dan used on the first Lizardo kit. This will give the buyer a very good starting point as to what to buy. The buyer can choose to buy different stuff if they like. We are simply just going to supply a list of what we used.

We are going to be selling the Fiberglass body only. The buyer is responsible for buying everything else from other places.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Those photoshops are pretty cool.

Let me clarify that this kit it not an exact replica. It was designed to be close and just resemble the Gallardo.

Most of the panels are just sitting on the car. The car is LOT further along now but I have not seen it since I took these pics. I will get my first look at it completed at Daytona.

I do realize that it's not an exact replica. It should still follow some basic guidelines of car design though. Making something out of basic flat shapes isn't one of them. - I hope.

Either way, I really appreciate the effort and can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done and all the lines are smoothed out, the panels are hung, etc.
It might be a really cool car when it's done.
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Just a little sneaky peek before Daytona. Sorry for the poor quality pics. I did not take these. They were emailed to me.

Hmmmmm PIP not working?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 03-25-2009).]

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post

Just a little sneaky peek before Daytona. Sorry for the poor quality pics. I did not take these. They were emailed to me.

Hmmmmm PIP not working?

Fixed em for ya.

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Looking good guys

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 03-25-2009).]

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Hells yeah.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Looking pretty good with paint.

Maybe swap the left and right taillight. It might follow the lines better. It looks like the taillights are laid sideways and aren't filling out the whole "housing", or is it just the pic?

Btw. the Lizardo logo looks gorgeous.
Was it CNC'd, or laser cut?
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Are you freaking kidding me...

I want one now!

When will you be taking orders?

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 03-26-2009).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
very nice
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
yo jimmy. when are you going to be putting together this modena rear bumper you were thinking about. if you do count me in on one.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock