Coming very soon.... by JimmyS
Started on: 09-16-2008 06:19 PM
Replies: 192
Last post by: chrismclubm on 06-01-2010 03:17 PM
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

This is still in the production stage but I wanted to post it anyway to get some feedback.

A little story... I love to drive with my sunroof out but I hate the way the top of the roof looks when you remove the sunroof. I came up with an idea, and we are currently in the beginning stages of it, to "hide the rubber" when the glass is out.

This piece will attach the same way your sunroof does. 2 pins in the front and a handle in the back. Best part is... When your sunroof is in, you store it up front under the hood in the sunroof storage area. When you want to remove the sunroof you just swap the 2. It can be painted to match the car or you can do like I plan to do... Cover it with convertible top material to accent my sail windows.

No price has been set for this yet. Like I said... it is still in the beginning stages of R&D

Feedback is appreciated though.

Thats all I have for now but we are working on lots of other ideas.

Although this is a cool idea (and I may want it too), I was hoping it was going to be a replacement sunroof panel. Have you guys thought about doing that? You're halfway there with this piece.
IP: Logged
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
I can speak from first hand experience that these parts are top notch and quality is second to none. Dan, Kris and Jimmy are doing a great job and bring something to the Fiero community that has been long awaited.

Joe
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

The parts look good.

Does your GT #1 side scoops have any relation to the Diatmer side scoops?

Thanks.

Well I guess you could say that we tweeked dietmars scoops.

If you look at this picture (posted by Randye) you will see some differences in our versus Dietmar's

Here is a pic of a Dietmar scoop

Our scoop curves up closer to the beltline and ours has a more gradual inset instead of a fold line. Our inset also starts closer to the door than a Dietmar scoop does.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Although this is a cool idea (and I may want it too), I was hoping it was going to be a replacement sunroof panel. Have you guys thought about doing that? You're halfway there with this piece.

We could easily do that. If there is enough call for it then we may make them. This idea is being made mainly because I wanted it for my car. If there is interest in it then we will re-produce it. If not, then I guess I will have the only one.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

If you look at this picture (posted by Randye) you will see some differences in our versus Dietmar's

Our scoop curves up closer to the beltline and ours has a more gradual inset instead of a fold line. Our inset also starts closer to the door than a Dietmar scoop does.

The curve is also different, having a slightly increased arc length, a smoother radius at the top and a more gentle blend into the aero molding.
Not to take anything away from Dietmar's excellent design, but these are a bit more "refined" in several areas.
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
so with those scoops, are the holes gunna be cut by you, or the buyer?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

so with those scoops, are the holes gunna be cut by you, or the buyer?

Well in order to keep the price down, the buyer can cut them.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
i need about 1000.00 any one wanna sponsor me...

please lol

do you have a web site yet?????

i realy need Front and Rear bumbers

is there any thought to ground effects. thay are needed as well
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

No, she was way more of a tease than this.

very funny

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Kris Munson front bumper style #2 $350.00 + Shipping and Handling

PM Sent!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
m diggin the stuff jimmy ill be getting to yo about some scoops real soon
PFF
System Bot
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post

WE HAVE A HATCH BACK! $750.00 + Shipping & Handling (Does not come with glass)

Any pics of the hinges and the deck lid open?

[This message has been edited by Oneredfiero (edited 09-20-2008).]

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

I always liked Dietmar's side scoops and there was some posts about someone that will make them in north America.
Now with your new product we almost need a side by side picture of both scoops installed on a Fiero to decide

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 09-20-2008).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Excellent work. Now the money hoover of a car has another thing to get me to spend more money on it
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
What about some Ferrari one piece taillight panels that are reasonably priced ? most of the ones available are close to $ 300 except pisa 2 piece which is $200 and does not fit well
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:
What about some Ferrari one piece taillight panels that are reasonably priced ? most of the ones available are close to $ 300 except pisa 2 piece which is $200 and does not fit well

I was just going to suggest that For example: this set now at e-bay with a silly B.I.N. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...m=&item=130256606631

edit: BTW, you're making some really nice quality items so far and I hope your business does extremely well! Best of luck!
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 09-20-2008).]

perry rhodan

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perry rhodanClick Here to visit perry rhodan's HomePageSend a Private Message to perry rhodanDirect Link to This Post
Is there someone that have done a rear right side panel like the left side panel with the same air intake as the left side?
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
I've been passively interested in that hatchback ever since I saw it several months back in that one thread, heh. As with everyone else, I can't wait to see some completed pics of this stuff. Especially that and the Lizardo kit.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
looking good, what with wheel can tuck under that lizardo kit
Nextel dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeDirect Link to This Post
Hey jimmy

I love you man. I gots a feelin I will have a different looking fiero come spring time and a smaller bank account thanks to you

if you can come up with a fiberglass replacement for the glass sunroof at a decent price ( not sure of cost of material and labor but thinking $150 range just a guess) count me in. Thinking about selling my 87 gt with t-tops now I am thinking of driving to florida and picking up a lizardo kit for it. Any estimates of additional cost or list of items needed to finish the kit?

Met you at D7 last year drove the 87 GT (the one I am thinking about selling) down from Baltimore. if fact helped out a little with your fuel pump problem in the hotel parking lot.

Best of luck and thanks for your hard work on this project.

Chuck

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.6lvvt6spdgt:

i need about 1000.00 any one wanna sponsor me...

please lol

do you have a web site yet?????

i realy need Front and Rear bumbers

is there any thought to ground effects. thay are needed as well

Website is still in the works. Hopefully it will be up in the next 2-3 weeks.

No plans for ground effects but we can look into it if interest is high.

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

PM Sent!

PM Replied

Originally posted by Oneredfiero:

Any pics of the hinges and the deck lid open?

No but I will work on getting some for you.

Originally posted by Mister:

I always liked Dietmar's side scoops and there was some posts about someone that will make them in north America.
Now with your new product we almost need a side by side picture of both scoops installed on a Fiero to decide

Thanks.

Picture will follow by next weekend at the latest. I have dietmars on my car right now and am going to be removing them and putting mine on. Before you ask... They are already sold.

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Will check into that. We have lots of things planned for the future and this stuff is just the beginning. We have about another 10-15 projects we have not even started yet.

Originally posted by Gokart:

I was just going to suggest that For example: this set now at e-bay with a silly B.I.N. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...m=&item=130256606631

edit: BTW, you're making some really nice quality items so far and I hope your business does extremely well! Best of luck!
Marc

Thank you. I can not take all the credit here. Most of these things need to be credited to Dan and Kris Munson. This is a joint effort between Dan, Kris & Myself.

Originally posted by perry rhodan:

Is there someone that have done a rear right side panel like the left side panel with the same air intake as the left side?

Are you talking about placing the stock scoop, that is on the drivers side, on the passenger side also? The scoops we are selling right now are a pair. You get a Driver & Passenger side.

Originally posted by chrisgtp:

looking good, what with wheel can tuck under that lizardo kit

I'll find out and let you know.

Originally posted by Nextel dude:

Hey jimmy

I love you man. I gots a feelin I will have a different looking fiero come spring time and a smaller bank account thanks to you

if you can come up with a fiberglass replacement for the glass sunroof at a decent price ( not sure of cost of material and labor but thinking $150 range just a guess) count me in. Thinking about selling my 87 gt with t-tops now I am thinking of driving to florida and picking up a lizardo kit for it. Any estimates of additional cost or list of items needed to finish the kit?

Met you at D7 last year drove the 87 GT (the one I am thinking about selling) down from Baltimore. if fact helped out a little with your fuel pump problem in the hotel parking lot.

Best of luck and thanks for your hard work on this project.

Chuck

You weren't the one who supplied the lube were you? LOL Thanks for you help at D7. I don't have any estimates on extra material costs as of yet for the Lizardo. The pictures I posted here are pics of the very first one being built. Once it is done, Dan will have a good idea of parts costs to complete a kit. Keep in mind that parts will not be supplied. Parts are up to the buyer.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Nice work! Very nice!

This piece will attach the same way your sunroof does. 2 pins in the front and a handle in the back. Best part is... When your sunroof is in, you store it up front under the hood in the sunroof storage area. When you want to remove the sunroof you just swap the 2. It can be painted to match the car or you can do like I plan to do... Cover it with convertible top material to accent my sail windows.

No price has been set for this yet. Like I said... it is still in the beginning stages of R&D

Feedback is appreciated though.

Others have suggested a solid panel to replace the sunroof glass.
I also think it might be a good seller.
Cover the inside in the buyers choice of stock headliner material.
(Of course, custom material would be an extra charge, or supplied by the customer to match his own custom headliner fabric.)

On your "around the edges" piece, you probably need to incorporate a wind deflector, to take the place of the "snap in" stock deflector. IMHO, of course.

Thats all I have for now but we are working on lots of other ideas.

Other ideas?

Do a Targa roof conversion that works.
I'll buy at least one.
Maybe two.

I'm quite serious.

-------------------------------
Raydar

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-21-2008).]

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Since Kris is involved are we going to see the clear directional covers for the front bumper again? I'd buy a set of those right now!
Marc
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by perry rhodan:

Like this ?????????

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I just signed in for the first time in months to say that you have some nice-looking pieces there.

Lizardo is hot.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Since Kris is involved are we going to see the clear directional covers for the front bumper again? I'd buy a set of those right now!
Marc

You will be seeing the Headlights and the Marker Light covers. Kris is on vacation right now and he works a full time job. His time to make this stuff is kinda limited but they will be made. The plans is... once the website is up, each item will show an available # in stock. If none are available then it will say currently out of stock check back often.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Everything is looking really good, great work.

Any chance you will be doing the Ferrari style nose that Yellowstone has on his car??

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
...any hatch details yet? Oh, and a Ferrari 430-style rear bumper would be awesome. I love Dietmar's bumper, but at ~$1,000 shipped, I think I'll pass. Think you could beat that price?
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jimmy, looks like you guy's have your work cut out the way the questions are flying.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

...any hatch details yet? Oh, and a Ferrari 430-style rear bumper would be awesome. I love Dietmar's bumper, but at ~$1,000 shipped, I think I'll pass. Think you could beat that price?

I am waiting to hear back from Dan. I should have this info for you by Wednesday.

As for the Ferrari bumpers. We have not planned on them as of yet. Like I said...we have a lot of things in the works and untill that stuff is done we won't start anything else. I'm pretty sure we could beat the price but it may be a while before we even think about producing them.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I updated some shipping and payment info with the pics. More info on shipping prices for the items will follow shortly.
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS: Check your PM's

HAGO!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
hmm, interesting.

what? no replacement gt decklid vents?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp at the motor

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
You had me at the hatch! What glass did you use?
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Something as classy as this I'd be all over. This is one of the few custom noses I have seen that really impresses me.

If you guys could make something as classy as that.... I'd buy it.
NYRED85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTDirect Link to This Post
Flat style nose in the last pic looks very nice and aggressive!

I seriously wish I had the money for a few of these items. Very interested in the sunroof piece too.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Man I can not wait to see "The LIZARDO" kit finished I would like to see MORE pix of how it scales up next to Fieros and other cars
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
PM sent JimmyS
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Not sure but it seems this thread should be in the mall, that way feedback can be left and transactions tracked.
Just my two cents.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock