Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  25th Show: "Official Picture Thread" (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
25th Show: "Official Picture Thread" by Fiero 25 - Mark
Started on: 07-22-2008 07:18 PM
Replies: 381
Last post by: WingNut - MD on 06-07-2010 12:58 PM
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
R Runner, You took some great photo's I would love to get some high res versions of those, and thanks a gain for showing me the in and outs of your race car.
Dave.
IP: Logged
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

I said TEXANS not wanna be Minnesotaians

Hmmm... seems to be that my (sometimes frozen) memory recalls you joining us for awhile as well! You can't beat the hospitality

...maybe we'll send you a shirt (or other article of clothing) as well - and you can be a member of our "Minnesota Mafia" next time around!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Augiedoggysdaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AugiedoggysdaddySend a Private Message to AugiedoggysdaddyDirect Link to This Post
I looked for something a little different to add to the great pic posting so far.

Early delivery

My Favorite proto; there's just something about this car.........

Wakin up the squirrels...

Nice lines

To the Heritage Center

Center Dr.

[This message has been edited by Augiedoggysdaddy (edited 07-30-2008).]

yellowTee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowTeeSend a Private Message to yellowTeeDirect Link to This Post

Glad to see that the car hauler was interesting to others as well. The yellow formula is mine, black GT is KEV's, green GT is MinngreenGT aka Rob's, and silver GT is his dad's. This worked really well for us for the long haul, I hope to be able to use it more. There were no break downs, one flat tire changed in a few minutes, and no damage to any of the cars. The show was the best, it was realy nice to see friends that I havn't seen in 5 years. Hope to see you all again soon.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I would like to know more and see more of this Fiero. I may if I get through this thread but I would hate to have to come back to find it.
Congrats to all who could go, thanks to the hosts, and to GM.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

Somewhere on Woodward Ave. The white one according to the sign on the wind shield is real.

That store sells lots of unique cars. You can believe it's real. Come back Aug 10-16 for the http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/ and your eyes will bug out on the classics shown and driven. Name your favorite classic and chances are it'll be there.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

I would like to know more and see more of this Fiero. I may if I get through this thread but I would hate to have to come back to find it.
Congrats to all who could go, thanks to the hosts, and to GM.
EDIT
I mean the white Fiero in the center.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Fieros entering at the Heritage tour

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Augiedoggysdaddy:

Now that's a car hauler!!!! I want one so bad. Thanks for posting those pics.

Ron
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Originally posted by RCR:

My bride of 27 years, Mrs. GTGeff, and owner of the “Stinger”, is getting a kick out of the comments as she is old enough to be mother to probably at least half of you guys. Isn’t that right Jen (FieroChic88)? LOL

This is the same women that insisted, after we purchased the 88 GT in 2001, that we needed to get two additional Fieros. Who was I to argue? We purchased a 88 Formula for our teenage daughter and then the “Stinger” in February 2004. Happy Valentines Day Jeff! Our red GT is parked beside the Stinger on the left hand side.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 07-30-2008).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

GTGeff

2031 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Sorry, double post. I am having problems attaching RCR's picture.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 07-30-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

My bride of 27 years, Mrs. GTGeff, and owner of the “Stinger”, is getting a kick out of the comments as she is old enough to be mother to probably at least half of you guys. Isn’t that right Jen (FieroChic88)? LOL

This is the same women that insisted, after we purchased the 88 GT in 2001, that we needed to get two additional Fieros. Who was I to argue? We purchased a 88 Formula for our teenage daughter and then the “Stinger” in February 2004. Happy Valentines Day Jeff! Our red GT is parked beside the Stinger on the left hand side.

Jeff

Perhaps! :-) But I'll never tell how old you guys are! :-)

~ Jen

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Found another MIS Track Run clip - this was the second half of lap 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fRzQ2iGiw

Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple more "quickies" of our Fiero Hauler... 4 Fieros on a "take 3" car trailer!

Loading up at Marty's Wednesday Morning

Loading up at the Centerpoint Marriott Sunday Morning

And a little "unscheduled pit stop" southwest of Chicago on Sunday afternoon
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

And a little "unscheduled pit stop" southwest of Chicago on Sunday afternoon

Too much weight? Or did you run over something on the road?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Too much weight? Or did you run over something on the road?

We're guessing crappy tires + crappy roads maybe... The trailer is certainly capable of far more weight than we saddled it down with!

It wasn't too big of a deal though... about 15-20 minutes to change the tire (we were less than 1 mile from the next exit), would've probably been quicker but we had to unload two cars to allow the jack to lift it enough to get the new tire back on. Then across the highway to air it up (the station we initially stopped at was too small/tight to get the trailer in place for air).

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 07-30-2008).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Rob, what was the financial breakdown on doing the car hauler...

That may be something to keep in mind for the 30th... or if I can convince my club to maybe come up for the Dells or Fierorama...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

We're guessing crappy tires + crappy roads maybe... The trailer is certainly capable of far more weight than we saddled it down with!

It wasn't too big of a deal though... about 15-20 minutes to change the tire (we were less than 1 mile from the next exit), would've probably been quicker but we had to unload two cars to allow the jack to lift it enough to get the new tire back on. Then across the highway to air it up (the station we initially stopped at was too small/tight to get the trailer in place for air).

Either way, thats a good idea to haul 4-cars instead of driving them to a show. Split 4-ways what was the cost? Personal truck or rented?
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Man I wish I wasw up there for this! 2013 here I come!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Rob, what was the financial breakdown on doing the car hauler...

That may be something to keep in mind for the 30th... or if I can convince my club to maybe come up for the Dells or Fierorama...

Based on fuel economy alone - we carried 4 cars @ 10mpg (Diesel) @ somewhere around $4.70/gal. Each of us ended up putting in about $150-$160 in fuel cost (similar, if not slightly less than what we'd have spent actually driving the cars). Also, aside from the tire & a fuse for the trailer brakes... we had a rather uneventful drive (which considering how my car acted up while at the show... wouldn't have likely been the case if we'd driven).

Probably the biggest "bonus" to hauling a group? The social time... no endless highway hours isolated in our individual cars - instead we laughed, told stories, and even listened to an audio book throughout the trip out & back. We've already talked about doing the same thing for other shows in the future!

There were a few other things - although Marty owns a nice Extended-Cab Chevy hauler, the Dodge was "on loan" from his boss *Thanks John* (and was larger, being a quad-cab, and the diesel pulled the load effortlessly). The trailer (formerly Shawn/Purple Reign's) was also borrowed (although Marty is considering it as a possible investment - as it is currently for sale by the owner), and was quite a distance from Marty (4-5 hours drive time across the state).

When Marty and Kev picked the trailer up the weekend prior to leaving - it had been sitting unused for quite sometime. So Marty personally invested a little money (minor wiring & some grease), and a lot of time insuring that it was road worthy for the trip. A HUGE thanks again to Marty for doing that!

I personally spent a total of about $300-350 on the entire trip (my Dad picked up my hotel room tab as we shared the room, and he also picked up the dinner a couple more times than expected).

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 07-30-2008).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Perhaps! :-) But I'll never tell how old you guys are! :-)

~ Jen

Thank you. Your a good daughter even though you have to compete for attention from the 3rd daughter Fieros
PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Last track video clip - this one is for the INDY owners to remind them of May 27, 1984

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39g7JCy49o

Ryan
Jakezilla3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakezilla3Send a Private Message to Jakezilla3Direct Link to This Post
Thanks a bunch for posting all these pictures and stories everyone! Unfortunately I planned a motorcycle trip to California before I bought my Fiero in spring, otherwise I would have been there. I know my butt would have hurt a lot less if I would have took the road trip in the Fiero, haha.

All of the Fieros looked amazing! I can only hope to have some time to put into mine to make it look half as good as most of the rides there. Anyone have more info on these two?

Originally posted by Jakesdads86gt:

------------------
88 Fiero Formula V6 auto
99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
99 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5speed

[This message has been edited by Jakezilla3 (edited 07-30-2008).]

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ron

I'll take mine fully loaded!

seeing these pics really brings back some memories of the 20th. if i'm not driving my fiero again by the 30th, i should just buy another to take down

------------------

[URL=http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umstev26/Winnipeg_Fiero_Owners_Group/[/URL]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Jakezill3 - the blown orange coupe is Tracy Powell's.
See the thread :
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071836.html

for more pictures or my website:
http://www.fierocountry.us
Augiedoggysdaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AugiedoggysdaddySend a Private Message to AugiedoggysdaddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ron

Glad you liked them. I have pics of each car unloading but they are much the same as far as the hauler goes.
The decks are all hydraulic with tie-down tracks running the full length of the floors. The rear door of course becomes the lift then raises back up to close as the chains and lift-rams tuck into fold-out panels at the rear corners. Very cool.

Here is a better view of the interior set-up.

Andrew
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pumpkincarriage:

I said TEXANS not wanna be Minnesotaians

Careful there Amber, talk like that could get your "Stinger" privileges revolved. Jeff
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Trailer Queens

Originally posted by yellowTee:

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know who I should talk to about a write-up on the show? I'd really like to get this documented in Domestic Driver. I'm talking about a large feature including organizer/attendee quotes, stats, stories and everything. Thanks!
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I was actually thinking about selling both of my fieros..... Im going to keep my 84 now
ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

Trailer Queens

------------------
Factory Stock…
The way God intended it to be.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Trailer Queens

LOL - yeah... that's us - pull 'em of the trailer and leave 'em be (filthy & dusty... until the "show cars" around us guilt us into at least washing them off so they don't transmit dirt to the cleaner cars around us!)
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

Can I ask what kind of mileage just he van gets? The whole setup? We have a 99 conversion van for sale nearby for $7900 and I've been thinking that would allow us to travel as a family while towing the Fiero? May replace our minivan if the mileage was comparable.

Dan
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Trailer Queens

Say what you will, the two guys that put their cars on my trailer saved a little over 60 bucks each on fuel by having me transport them. One paid for fuel going north, the other paid for fuel going back south. Both cars could have driven but economics made this decision and easy one.

Originally posted by fieroguru:
Loaded up after MIS for the trip home:

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-31-2008).]

ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:
Can I ask what kind of mileage just he van gets? The whole setup? We have a 99 conversion van for sale nearby for $7900 and I've been thinking that would allow us to travel as a family while towing the Fiero? May replace our minivan if the mileage was comparable.
Dan

That van drinks more than Ted Kennedy.
It gets around 12 to 14 MPG with out the trailer and the Indy.
I went from Wooster Ohio to Pontiac MI with the Indy in tow.
A couple of trips to sight see without the trailer.
The back to Wooster with the car in tow and I spent $165.00 in gas.
Roughly it got 7.5 MPG for the trip.
And I’m towing a 4 cylinder…what the heck is wrong with me???
Seriously I love the van you can take a pile of people with you
and the van protects the Indy much better than a pick up will.

------------------
Factory Stock…
The way God intended it to be.

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

That van drinks more than Ted Kennedy.
It gets around 12 to 14 MPG with out the trailer and the Indy.
I went from Wooster Ohio to Pontiac MI with the Indy in tow.
A couple of trips to sight see without the trailer.
The back to Wooster with the car in tow and I spent $165.00 in gas.
Roughly it got 7.5 MPG for the trip.
And I’m towing a 4 cylinder…what the heck is wrong with me???
Seriously I love the van you can take a pile of people with you
and the van protects the Indy much better than a pick up will.

You do not buy a Ford if you want to tow. I have the F150 and I did about 10 mph with the trailer and if I am straight highway nothing in tow I can get 16. My Avalanche did 16 towing and I miss that truck so badly. I was a dummy when I let her go.

I also do not worry about gas mileage as it is pointless and minor compared to other ways we blow money. Rick B

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

You do not buy a Ford if you want to tow. I have the F150 and I did about 10 mph with the trailer

Wow, that trailer really slows you down to a crawl!

I could have towed with my Avalanche, it will get 15 mpg with the trailer and 21 mpg without...but I preferred to drive the Fiero and get 30 mpg.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Wow, that trailer really slows you down to a crawl!

I could have towed with my Avalanche, it will get 15 mpg with the trailer and 21 mpg without...but I preferred to drive the Fiero and get 30 mpg.

I would have also drove mine but my Prototype has 25,000 miles on it and I prefer to leave it as low as I can trailering it if I go that far. Rick B

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock