Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  6th Annual California Coast Run (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
6th Annual California Coast Run by Songman
Started on: 07-06-2008 03:32 PM
Replies: 199
Last post by: Songman on 09-20-2009 04:03 PM
Rie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
WHOO! WHOO! WHOO!
( I hope Pokey doesn't kiss his Grandma with that mouth )
IP: Logged
JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Dale and Rie, if by chance you two are running late tomorrow we will be leaving 3:00 to 3:30 ish. Although, I am sure you will have everything done and put back together by noon tomorrow!

I got my pj's, now I just gotta work on Rick's.

Jen
Rie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Jen...do the words " the voices in my head are telling me to kill my husband" mean anything to you?

but I digress.....

Heres an SOS to anyone who's coming- does anyone have a projector they could bring?....some of us girls have a little "presentation" but the projector isn't cooperating...we have a computer to hook it to and even a screen but.....projector is being stubborn. If so, let us know?

thanks Ya'll
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Roy,

The plan is to leave here sometime around noon. It is only 2 hours to Paso but I figure with stops, I plan to be there around 3:00.

You've got my cell number, don't you? Call me anytime to see if we are on schedule.

I ended up having the day off tomorrow, so if there are any bay area folks who would like to caravan down in the afternoon, I'd like to meet Dale at 3:00, so let's leave Hollister at 1:00. Drop me an email if we are expecting you here at Fiero Acres.

Gas tip: my new job has me driving all over from Redwood City to King City. The best gas prices I've seen are in Salinas - as low as $2.89 for regular. Unfortunately, Hollister is the HIGHEST at $3.49 for regular. So DON'T fill up here!

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Michael Cuffney telling me that Highway 1 is closed due to fire debris between Lucia and Limekiln State Park. They are hoping to have it reopened by tomorrow afternoon. For anyone who may be planning on coming South on Highway 1 to the hotel tomorrow, be advised and call the CHP before you leave.

And thanks to John Szpara for volunteering to bring a projector!

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008
http://www.fiero-performance.com

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rie:

Heres an SOS to anyone who's coming- does anyone have a projector they could bring?....some of us girls have a little "presentation" but the projector isn't cooperating...we have a computer to hook it to and even a screen but.....projector is being stubborn. If so, let us know?

thanks Ya'll

Dale and I talked on the phone just now. The projector is covered.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I won't be making it this year, I've made far too many trips this month anyway and it's starting to show on the budget. That, and I have company coming down this weekend as well.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want to come over and help me bleed my brakes tomorrow morning?
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2008 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Are you in Aromas or LA? I can help you out if you're up here.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Are you in Aromas or LA? I can help you out if you're up here.

Hey Jeff, that'd be awesome. I'm in Aromas. Let's hang out tomorrow... I'll give you a call in the morning.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Helping each other out. That's a cool thing. If it weren't for Pondski we wouldn't be even close to having this car back together.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Getting closer! 3:42AM... Hope to have the dash in by sun-up.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Down to the wire! Once I get the center console and radio in, it is on to the outside! Not much there. Marie wants a decklid with a wing., and then it is on to the cleaning and black primer!
FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
LOL! Too funny Dale!! Don't think you could have planned a tighter schedule for yourself. I see a pattern from years past. Must run off the adrenaline, get the car ready cram. Looking forward to pics! Have fun and be safe.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
nm

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 10-24-2008).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
How are we doing a coast run when Highway 1 is close? I heard that it's open till Rocky Point though.....so much for doing the 17 mile drive!!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Here is what CalTrans says about Highway 1

IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 2 MI SOUTH OF LUCIA
TO LUCIA (MONTEREY CO) - DUE TO FALLIN ROCKS

Did not say it was closed.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FormulaGT:

LOL! Too funny Dale!! Don't think you could have planned a tighter schedule for yourself. I see a pattern from years past. Must run off the adrenaline, get the car ready cram. Looking forward to pics! Have fun and be safe.

Yeah... I do tend to do this every year. This year was not my fault! The guys at the body shop kept the car two months longer than they were supposed to! And the year we took Marie's GT/Formula to WestFest was not my fault either! That was the upholstery guy! But I do have to take the credit or blame for all the other years. Oh well... It makes life exciting!

Hopefully Highway 1 will be back in full commission by mid-afternoon today. That is what they say anyway. Jess, we are not going past Big Sur this year anyway. You L.A. boys will have to go to 17 Mile Drive by yourselves if you want to do that. I cut the mileage back this year because of fuel prices and also to try to make it less like a race and more of a leisurely drive.

Cars done! Now to get everything packed!

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Jeff and I couldn't get my brakes bled. Either my new caliper seals are defective or there are some major air bubbles trapped in them.. Unfortunately it's too hot to work outside for the 4th consecutive day, so I probably won't have my car ready for the run. I may take another car down for lunch, but I'm not sure yet..
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
That sux Steven, I hate when simple projects go bad. Which is usually the case with us. A 2 hour project turns out to be days long.

We leave in 45 minutes! Whoo Hoo! Dale, give us a call if you want to meet at the James Dean memorial.

Jen
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
That really sux Stephen.

If you want to hang out with me for the run. I'm only going to make it a day trip this year as I have to be back in Monterey early Sunday morning.
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
See you guys next year I guess!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

See you guys next year I guess!

I could not attend either. Major bummer. First time I missed one but there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

I'm working on my DOHC all weekend. Come out and make my pokey slow DOHC as fast as yours. Bring cams.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
I could not attend either. Major bummer. First time I missed one but there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

I'm working on my DOHC all weekend. Come out and make my pokey slow DOHC as fast as yours. Bring cams.

Hey pokey, are you going to be able to work on it during the week? Unfortunately I already told my dad I'd help him with some work up in Palo Alto tomorrow (Sunday), but I have the rest of the week free.
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
What a great day for a drive. Although we did get stuck behind some slow people, there was a lot of free driving.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I'm envious. For the first time since the Coast Run began I have 4 running Fieros and yet I couldn't go due to other obligations.

Have fun all.
87_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe no one has posted pictures yet.

I wanna see some pictures!

------------------
David
2 Corinthians 5: 17

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
People should be rolling in home around now so hopefully pictures will start to appear. I started a new thread for photos at https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073167.html.

Thanks to everyone who showed up... And for those of you who wanted to but couldn't, we missed you. And the rest of you... Start planning! You have one year until the 7th Annual California Coast Run!

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Hey pokey, are you going to be able to work on it during the week? Unfortunately I already told my dad I'd help him with some work up in Palo Alto tomorrow (Sunday), but I have the rest of the week free.

I'm goin to be part working and part working on my DOHC all week.
I started doing a little body work on it for the Coast run and ended up painting the whole car so it needs to be finished up. I'm goint to lay the clear on it Monday and maybe wet sand and then lay the last clear Tuesday. Wedsday will be put car together day with some flat blat spraying for inside panel/inside lids. I doubt I will actually have any time to tear apart the engine until next week. Sometime this week I need to find where the frame is cracked and flexing and weld it up.

Originally posted by Songman:

Thanks to everyone who showed up... And for those of you who wanted to but couldn't, we missed you. And the rest of you... Start planning! You have one year until the 7th Annual California Coast Run!

I'm really really bummed that I couldn't attend. I hope maybe Dale might want to do a little Coast Run part ll in January. That would be nice plus the waves are huge that time of year.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We left a little later than usual this year, Pokey, since we weren't going as far. The tide was coming in and the waves were breaking across that bridge just like the picture of your car! It was pretty cool. I think a few cars got wet!

Taken on an earlier Run. Pokey's car and the incoming tide breaking over the wall and into the road.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-26-2008).]

SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPERDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dale, Had a nice time with everyone, see you next year!!!
http://ImageEvent.com/snipe...alcaliforniacoastrun

------------------
Ed "SNIPER" Peralez
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ~ PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE
www.sniper1shot1kill.com

PFF
System Bot
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
2009?
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
BUMP??
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Check the events section people!!!!

Dale just listed this years Coast Run, Whooo Hoooo!!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yep... It's time. I thought about not doing it again this year because of the way the economy is but this is about the most inexpensive Fiero event you can go to. The hotel and food vendors give us such great deals that it would be a shame not to take advantage of it. And we've added some great new things this year that you won't want to miss. I figure with the Events section being there that I won't make a new thread over here but I hope everyone will go find the thread and make it out this year. It is going to be a blast!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000244.html

------------------
The 7th Annual California Coast Run
October 9-11, 2009

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
that is during Columbus weekend!!!!!!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Monday is Columbus Day. That means some people will have an extra day to get home.

(Unless of course you live in Berkeley where they celebrate Indigenous People Day instead. Seems that they always have to do things just a little bit different up there.)

I chose this weekend because of the Big Sur Jade Festival. We were going to do the usual weekend but this gave us something else cool to do.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-16-2009).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Curly

You should have been there in '69 - we used buses then.
They did not corner as nice as a Fiero, and did a little chug, chug, chug is spots

Frank

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 08-16-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh yes... I remember '69, Frank. Romper Room, Sesame Street... It was great! haha... I guess I was a little late for the good stuff.

Come on out here and help us relive a little of it.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody... Sorry that I have been out of touch for a bit. Between five weeks of working in San Diego and then 10 days visiting my family in GA I have been a bit behind on the Coast Run website. But I'm glad to say that it is finally all updated and active with the new information. For those of you who took the initiative and went ahead and used the old form to register, thanks... For those who have been waiting, everything is ready and waiting for you. Please feel free to go ahead and register now.

I'll call Manish in the morning to see how the room reservations are going. From what some of you have said, it sounds like it is going pretty well.

Marie and I will be going over there this weekend for our practice Run if anyone wants to join us. We'll arrive Friday evening and stay through Sunday morning just like on the real run.

The Coast Run website is http://www.fiero-performance.com

Frank, I got your message but I was sitting in an airport about to catch a plane. I will call you about the shirts.

------------------
The 7th Annual California Coast Run
October 9-11, 2009

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave