Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  6th Annual California Coast Run (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
6th Annual California Coast Run by Songman
Started on: 07-06-2008 03:32 PM
Replies: 199
Last post by: Songman on 09-20-2009 04:03 PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
If Curly is headed home from Archies around that time maybe you could talk him into stopping by on his way to get a good look at #20
IP: Logged
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I've tried to get Curly to come to my Run for years but no luck. I guess we are just going to have to take the Run to Half Moon Bay one of these days. It's only a few hours anyway.

He should be ashamed of himself since you came all the way from AZ! haha.. I wish ya'll could make it this year. Hopefully it won't rain on the last few miles of the Run. We're going to try stopping at the pier again this year.

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008
http://www.fiero-performance.com

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
SEVEN days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shoot! I still need pj's!!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Don't feel bad! I do too! Not to mention that our car is nowhere near ready! I have to replace the complete wiring harness, the complete interior, and primer the entire car to match the new body panels! I'm stealing Leroy's looks this year since he isn't coming!

Does anyone have a wiring harness laying around?
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Don't feel bad! I do too! Not to mention that our car is nowhere near ready! I have to replace the complete wiring harness, the complete interior, and primer the entire car to match the new body panels! I'm stealing Leroy's looks this year since he isn't coming!

Does anyone have a wiring harness laying around?

What trans? I think I have my old 86 V6 manual harness in the shed. I'm not sure I can get it to you in time though.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The car is an 86 coupe with a 5-speed manual. I think you are right though. Trying to get it down here in time to get it installed would be near impossible. I appreciate the thought though. I bet I can find something here locally. Maybe Orville has something in one of his parts cars.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

The car is an 86 coupe with a 5-speed manual. I think you are right though. Trying to get it down here in time to get it installed would be near impossible. I appreciate the thought though. I bet I can find something here locally. Maybe Orville has something in one of his parts cars.

I pulled it out, it's from an early 86 4 spd so the Getrag backup light switch connector isn't in the harness. It's not my original harness, that's in the car and is a later harness with the Getrag connector already in there (but unused with the factory 4spd).
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
Hey, is there anyone going to the meeting Tuesday night and to the Coast Run that is driving something other than a Fiero to the Coast Run? The reason I ask is that I have that mondo center console skeleton for the auction to transport to San Simeon. I'd rather not have to cram it into the GT if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Marty
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We're taking our HHR to carry all the raffle stuff in but getting it from up there down here to me would be the problem.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

We're taking our HHR to carry all the raffle stuff in but getting it from up there down here to me would be the problem.

DO you want me to bring the harness to the event? I *might* have room. I'm sure the wife is bringing a steamer trunk.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Another reason the the HHR, TK. Marie has to have all her stuff! haha

I appreciate the offer. I'm heading down to Orville's today to scavenge on of his parts cars. I tore the inside out of her car last night so it is ready for the rewire. Thanks anyway.
PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PePe-LePu_For_2:

Hey, is there anyone going to the meeting Tuesday night and to the Coast Run that is driving something other than a Fiero to the Coast Run? The reason I ask is that I have that mondo center console skeleton for the auction to transport to San Simeon. I'd rather not have to cram it into the GT if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Marty

I might be able to Marty....I'm bringing the Reatta this time due to my 85 notchie being down for fuel work.
If you read this before tuesday afternoon you should bring the skeleton to the meeting so I can load it in my trunk.

Kit
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

I might be able to Marty....I'm bringing the Reatta this time due to my 85 notchie being down for fuel work.
If you read this before tuesday afternoon you should bring the skeleton to the meeting so I can load it in my trunk.

Kit

Thanks Kit!
I'll throw it in the trunk of my Saturn and bring it to the meeting tomorrow night.
Marty

BTW, I keep driving past a red Reata in Hayward that has for sale signs on it.

[This message has been edited by PePe-LePu_For_2 (edited 10-20-2008).]

PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post

PePe-LePu_For_2

283 posts
Member since Jun 2005

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Kit

Kit, these skeletons are fragile. Do you have a means to secure it so it doesn't get banged around?
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Not to worry Marty....I'm bringing the wifie so that means there wont be any room
for it to bang around with her luggage and all.

Kit
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Is everybody ready? Out shining your cars all up? Putting on those last minute mods?

Me too... And unfortunately this is the deconstruction phase. I still have to put it all back together after that! The wiring harness is fried on this car so I am changing the entire harness. It needed a new interior anyway so it had to come apart anyway It just seems that we always end up at this same point just days before the Run. And usually because some vendor kept my car months longer than they were supposed to.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
OMG!! Now THAT'S scary! As long as you and Rie are there, that's the main thing! And that goes for everybody--if your car's drivable we always enjoy seeing them. If not, just be there however you can! That's the main thing!! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

JC
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2008 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Yeah, I've tried to get Curly to come to my Run for years but no luck.

Buy him a trophy, maybe he'll show.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
I provided something to the run since i will not be there. I have something special for the indy guys and something special for the guys and gals with 86-88 grey interior. hope you like.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Matt. We normally ask the big vendors for donations for the raffle but it is even nicer when a Fiero owner starts doing a project like this and agrees to donate something. Actually we had more of that this year than we did the big vendors. The Fiero Store and Rodney Dickman are the only big Fiero vendors that came through this year. Luckily, we have lots of other companies and individuals chipping in.

Everyone make sure and use Rodney and the Fiero Store to thank them for their continued support!

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
So what time is lunch? I wont be able to make it down for the whole run, but I'll at least show up for lunch and maybe drive down for the raffle.

-Steven
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We should be at Big Sur around 11:00-11:30. They are supposed to block off that North parking lot for us that is beside Highway 1 so that 1) we don't have to park in the dirt and 2) so people can see all the cool cars when they go by.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
Have fun guys! I'm still trying to get my money together (and logistics) to get Steve Moorehead's Blue GT. (crap, I need to e-mail him)

Currently on medical leave from work with a twisted knee and maybe some ligament damage so I have a LOT of time but no way of going anywhere!
Sitting at the girlfriend's house in Brea so I wouldn't be just staring at the same walls talking to myself in Palm Springs. (I talk to myself only till she gets home from work...)

Anyone who hasn't been on one of these trips has probably heard how much fun they are! I miss them and the usual suspects that make it all good times hanging out.

Figured I would drop a note and say hi to all the old guys and beautiful girls and everyone in between.

I'm still a'lurking and jones-ing for another Fiero to tinker with. If only life would just quit getting in my way!

[This message has been edited by WKDFIRO (edited 10-24-2008).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I wondered where you had gone off to! Come around here more often! Sorry you won't be joining us this weekend.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Marie found this picture a couple of nights ago from an earlier Coast Run. We always talk about the outrageously expensive gas prices at Gorda. Looking back, these prices don't seem so outrageous!

Luckily, fuel prices are dropping just in time for the Coast Run this year! I filled up for $2.99 today! Hard to believe I am excited about that! But it sure beats what it was just a couple of months ago.

BTW - The last time we were in Gorda, just a couple of months ago, regular gas was well over $6.00 per gallon.

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 10-21-2008).]

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WKDFIRO:

Have fun guys! I'm still trying to get my money together (and logistics) to get Steve Morehead's Blue GT. (crap, I need to e-mail him)

Currently on medical leave from work with a twisted knee and maybe some ligament damage so I have a LOT of time but no way of going anywhere!
Sitting at the girlfriend's house in Brea so I wouldn't be just staring at the same walls talking to myself in Palm Springs. (I talk to myself only till she gets home from work...)

Anyone who hasn't been on one of these trips has probably heard how much fun they are! I miss them and the usual suspects that make it all good times hanging out.

Figured I would drop a note and say hi to all the old guys and beautiful girls and everyone in between.

I'm still a'lurking and jones-ing for another Fiero to tinker with. If only life would just quit getting in my way!

Hey There!
We wondered what ever happened to you, thought you moved outta state or something. Shoot, have your girlfriend drive on the Coast Run, don't need a Fiero to hang out, have some fun.

Oh! Only 3 more days!!!!

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Have fun everyone. I wish I could make it but the wife bought ...sigh...Disney on Ice tickets for the family. Yes, having little ones has its rewards...and its price. Besides, I have 5 cars to work on and I need the time this weekend when I'm not enjoying Goofie on skates.

Oh well, at least I'll get to enjoy seeing my little ones smile.
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Dale

Are you going to make a gas stop in Paso Robles?If so, what time do you plan to be there?

Roy
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Roy,

The plan is to leave here sometime around noon. It is only 2 hours to Paso but I figure with stops, I plan to be there around 3:00.

You've got my cell number, don't you? Call me anytime to see if we are on schedule.
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Dale,

I lost your phone number when my computer had a virus.If you have my e-mail address,e-mail it to me.

Roy
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You've got it again now! I just sent you a PM.
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

We should be at Big Sur around 11:00-11:30. They are supposed to block off that North parking lot for us that is beside Highway 1 so that 1) we don't have to park in the dirt and 2) so people can see all the cool cars when they go by.

Ok cool, see you guys there!
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

Where are we having lunch this time Dale? River Inn is it???

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Jess. We are just going to the River Inn and coming back. It is about 60-some miles each way. That way we can stay longer and maybe stop at the pier if the weather is nice since we didn't get to last year. Plus, I figure that will be easier on everyone's pocketbook too with gas being such an expense lately.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Still working on the wiring. Chris Pond came across the mountain to help me today. He put the new seat covers on for me and helped me pull a complete wiring harness out of another car. He doesn't think there is anyway I am going to have this car ready for Friday. I told him I seem to have to go through this every year! We'll make it! (I hope...)

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
Just a couple of things,
First, the weatherman says the weather should be great for the entire weekend. Second, a coworker of mine said that a friend of his was just on this route a week or so back and made some rather dramatic whale sightings. He had his telephoto-lensed camera and got some awesome shots as well. Obviously we single occupant car drivers can't gawk at the ocean while we're driving but those of you who have passengers........
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PePe-LePu_For_2:

First, the weatherman says the weather should be great for the entire weekend. Second, a coworker of mine said that a friend of his was just on this route a week or so back and made some rather dramatic whale sightings. He had his telephoto-lensed camera and got some awesome shots as well.

Cool, Marty! We'll keep our eyes peeled! Thanks!!

Rie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Dear Songman,

QUIT POSTING AND GO OUTSIDE AND WORK ON MY CAR!

thank you.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Damn IT!

That's all I have to say.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
What you talkin', woman? This is the first time I have even looked at the computer today... 12:30 in the afternoon. Gotta be some kind of record for me.

BTW - Your car started under it's own power with the key just a few minutes ago. Still got it all scattered all over the yard, but at least it started.

Pokey, what are you damning it for?

------------------
October 24-26, 2008

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors