Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Score! Snatched up another good one (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Score! Snatched up another good one by Whuffo
Started on: 02-09-2005 01:18 AM
Replies: 168
Last post by: 30+mpg on 01-04-2009 05:37 PM
Whuffo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Another bump; busy days, no time for this project at the moment
IP: Logged
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Just got done replacing the alternator again. The one that was in the car when I got it was an AC-Delco rebuilt with a bad voltage regulator; I bought a rebuild kit and replaced the internal electronics and bearings and stuck it back in the car. That worked fine for about 7,500 miles but on my way to a club meeting I could hear a whining coming from the back; the sound of an alternator saying "goodbye".

I was going to use parts of another castoff alternator and make one good one from the pair - but considering that this alternator had been rebuilt at least twice already I did a little searching and found a brand new alternator for $72 at Hite Parts Exchange. It arrived yesterday and I installed the new alternator and Rodney's idler pulley today. Everything fits and works just right.
jory543

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jory543Send a Private Message to jory543Direct Link to This Post
Just read the whole thread.. great work, you brought the car from undriveable with several problems, and now it's as reliable as it could get! keep it up!
PS, post some pics!
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
It's not there yet - but I'm busy rebuilding someone else's Fiero and don't have the time to push this project along. It's nice on the inside and runs great now - but the outside is still less than beautiful...
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
How about an update?
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2007 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Not much to say; I've been so busy working on other people's Fieros that I haven't been able to do much with this one other than to use it as a daily driver. It's a good car and hasn't needed much to keep it in great running condition.

I should be finishing up the one I'm restoring for a friend soon, then I should (fingers crossed) be able to get some more done on this car. There's still a bunch to do before it's "just right".
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersDirect Link to This Post
recent photos??? great thread by the way nice job
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

recent photos??? great thread by the way nice job

Not right now; I'm moving soon and all that stuff is packed already. Since I posted pictures last I've put over 15,000 miles on this car and it's performed flawlessly. It was well worth the price and the cost of putting it back into good driving condition.
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Whuffo:Not right now; I'm moving soon ...

So did you move to a house up the street?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock