Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Dietmer doing it again ! New fiero nose ! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dietmer doing it again ! New fiero nose ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-22-2008 02:03 PM
Replies: 135
Last post by: Bozzie on 06-02-2008 03:01 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
The talented builder behind these pieces is at again !

Dietmer busy these days in the early stages of working on a new fiero nose !

Dietmer says the nose and mold are still at least 2 months from completion and he is still pondering which way to go to make it look more aggressive.

I am not sure yet if this is going to be one off for his own personal use or for sale.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-22-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
new nose pics arent working for me..
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

new nose pics arent working for me..

Try the other nostril. Hahahahahahaha

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Not working for me either. Just a red X

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
first ones working for me, other 2 are red X
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Some other things he is working on ?

How about some new fiero seats made by gel coated GFK

With complete leather finish the seats will wiegh about 16 lbs:

Dietmer saying he can reduce the rear size at the mold stage.

The builder also saying he can now re-produce the roof spoiler seen on his car:

Why stop there ? How about a headliner ?

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
That rear roof wing would be sexy, I was going to buy one for my E46 but I got rid of it, always wanted one for my fiero. Too bad hes in germany, shipping cost more than my cars.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
Ok... i want the rear spoiler thingy, the black leather seats, and the new nose please

I have a feeling ill like the new nose, i already like the direction its headed with the flat front ness... looking good. Keep us posted.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
i have one of these on my kitcar and would rather do without it - it traps hot air coming from the engine vents and the rear window gets Very HOT.

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
I never liked the GT nose. And after owning 2 GT's ive learned to tolerate it but I just wish I had options other than the 355 nose. Im interested in any alternatives

------------------
My Fiero History. Rachel and Abby

I AM Fiero Fotographia, Myspace Fiero and Gornitzka Photography

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Very excited to see where this goes!!!
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
There seems to be such a demand for Deitmars work, we need to figure out how to get the shipping costs down.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

There seems to be such a demand for Deitmars work, we need to figure out how to get the shipping costs down.

OR:
Simply don't SHIP parts from there to here.....

(Make parts on "license" from Dietmar over here)

Just an *obvious* observation.
DESTOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DESTOSSend a Private Message to DESTOSDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in anything to replace the GT nose. I can't stand it, makes the front end look way too long and way too much like a daytona.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
It's nice to see Dietmar back in the game. He is a VERY skilled craftsman. That said, if he were to make a Ferrari F360 style front fascia, I'd be all over it.

BTW, I like the seats, too.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-22-2008).]

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
As talented as he is...I'd like to see him make a replacement nose like the one on the PPG Fieros.
I'd buy one for my GT in a heartbeat.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

OR:
Simply don't SHIP parts from there to here.....

(Make parts on "license" from Dietmar over here)

Just an *obvious* observation.

You offering?
Muncie282

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Muncie282Send a Private Message to Muncie282Direct Link to This Post
wow thats really impressive his work is really good im interested in seeing how this will turn out.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

As talented as he is...I'd like to see him make a replacement nose like the one on the PPG Fieros.

i 2nd this
NYRED85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTDirect Link to This Post
WOW! This is what I was thinking about for bilding my own. One question- what is the measurement between the top of the center opening and the edge where it slopes back. I was wondering if it would fit a license plate without sticking into the center opening. Any price guess? I am definately interested!

Mike
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

You offering?

I have not looked into this idea further, but it seems to me that there *could* be some opportunity here.

There are a few things to be aware of first:
1. Is Dietmar even willing to consider such an arrangement?
2.Can Dietmar provide a mold for the part(s) to be shipped over here?
3. What about Dietmar and Timo's business relationship?
4. Who would make parts here in the U.S.?
5. What is the "upside", in other words, is it worth it?

I personally think that any sales of such parts is *seriously* hampered by the large shipping costs from Germany to the U.S.
Take that international shipping cost out of the equation, and it seems obvious that the sales volume would be greater, but it's still a very small Fiero market.
Seems like the "ideal" arrangement still, is to simply make the parts over here where the largest market for them is and for Dietmar / Timo, et al. to realize some appropriate percentage of profit from that. The best arrangement would be to place the mold tooling with someone who is already equipped and set-up to fabricate fiberglass parts, and who might be agreeable to such an arrangement. A few possibilities for that come immediately to mind., (Norm, Doug Kinney, Archie ?)

I have no clue what's going on with Ausfiero's parts, (rockers, quarter panels, etc.), but perhaps a similar arrangement might already be underway?

Just a few of my off-the-top-of-the-head thoughts......

I would be happy to get involved myself, and can think of at least one resource here in Florida that is already set-up to produce the parts and seems eager to engage in the business,
but I would ONLY do so IF invited to by either Dietmar and/or Timo.

Randy

Edited again to add: I was planning a trip back over to Dusseldorf and Leverkusen soon and it might be a good time to personally meet with the "players" in this IF they are interested.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-23-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieDirect Link to This Post
this all looks great, but trying to get any of this without waiting for sooooo long is crazy. The news is good but im definatly not getting my hopes up. Kinda teasing the dogs and not feeding em'

Rick
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The best arrangement would be to place the mold tooling with someone who is already equipped and set-up to fabricate fiberglass parts, and who might be agreeable to such an arrangement. A few possibilities for that come immediately to mind., (Norm, Doug Kinney, Archie ?)

How about Fiero Warehouse?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

How about Fiero Warehouse?

That's Doug Kinney...
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post
Hi everybody ,

first my thanks goes to exoticse !!!!! Really perfekt guy !

For answer all your question I have to mention , that I not thinking for any big buisness ! Parts I make now I make only for my fun !
Saving money for buying glasfibre , is diffucult enough for me .

Up to now there never was a great deal for myself , mostly it was only stress , disappointment and made me poor . So I nearly break every contact .

Please remember , up to now I `m only a Pizzadriver .

Sure is I have to make molds , also if I only I want one part for my own . Also sure are difficulties by shipping and high costs make these parts unattractive .

For me it will be enough finding a way to pay my fun and mostly get some respect for what I´m doing . This helps much more !

So my idea is , if there will be any interest for some guys overthere : 2 or 3 of you go together , maybe find a way of cheap shipping and give this parts somebody
you believe him can do the copy for you . But please , make sure that the copy only is made when this part is mounted at any Fiero !!!!!!
Maybe also ask Archie , I think him can do .
For me it will be enough , if I can pay my further fun wishes and to realize a new idea .
The new front nose should be a little bit same style Novitec made for F430 . Maybe some of you have also ideas , how I can style it . Every ideas or wishes are
welcome and could be post here , after I decide what I can realize . Front turn lights I thought to take from the new Passat 3C . They are also availabe in clearglas .
The nose will be much deeper as the 355 nose , and the 355 nose never was my perfekt style , because of the laughing mouth .
Now I wish a more aggressive style , so if you want everything will be helpful .

Thanks Dietmar

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D.Rohm:

Hi everybody ,

For answer all your question I have to mention , that I not thinking for any big buisness ! Parts I make now I make only for my fun !

Up to now there never was a great deal for myself , mostly it was only stress , disappointment and made me poor . So I nearly break every contact .

Sure is I have to make molds , also if I only I want one part for my own . Also sure are difficulties by shipping and high costs make these parts unattractive .

For me it will be enough finding a way to pay my fun and mostly get some respect for what I´m doing . This helps much more !

So my idea is , if there will be any interest for some guys overthere : 2 or 3 of you go together , maybe find a way of cheap shipping and give this parts somebody
you believe him can do the copy for you . But please , make sure that the copy only is made when this part is mounted at any Fiero !!!!!!
For me it will be enough , if I can pay my further fun wishes and to realize a new idea .
The new front nose should be a little bit same style Novitec made for F430 . Maybe some of you have also ideas , how I can style it . Every ideas or wishes are
welcome and could be post here , after I decide what I can realize . Front turn lights I thought to take from the new Passat 3C . They are also availabe in clearglas .
The nose will be much deeper as the 355 nose , and the 355 nose never was my perfekt style , because of the laughing mouth .
Now I wish a more aggressive style , so if you want everything will be helpful .

Thanks Dietmar

Well that certainly answers a few of my previous questions!
Dietmar, please check your PM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaliforniaSpeeder9:

I never liked the GT nose. And after owning 2 GT's ive learned to tolerate it but I just wish I had options other than the 355 nose. Im interested in any alternatives

I've been dreaming of a decent replacement nose for our GT's that would work with the rest of the car and appear to be a stock design!

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by dcfox:

AGREED!
Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
Awesome nose, but i am confused. Is Dietmer allowing someone to make some copies off his mold, such as Archie? Either way i cannot wait to see the finished product
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kyle1016:

Awesome nose, but i am confused. Is Dietmer allowing someone to make some copies off his mold, such as Archie? Either way i cannot wait to see the finished product

Lets wait and see what happens.
There are NO decisions on this yet, other than Dietmar's stated willingness to have copies made here in the U.S.
I have a source for quality parts here in FL that is looking to get into low volume Fiero body parts and may be ideal for this.
Again, just be patient. This will not happen overnite.
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kyle1016:

Possible will be to copy the part . My molds I wouldn`t sell , because this will be my secret I wouln`t give up and maybe I will take this with me in earth .
Before I also gave the allowness to some guys to copy , but mostly the results was not the result costumer waiting for .

Copy , where is the problem , maybe it makes some of you happy and if somebody same Archie will do this , it will be a great honor for me .
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Dietmar,

Mit Ihnen möchte ich zum Gespräch eines Geschäfts Kopie von Ihren Teilen hier in USA erstellen. Für Ihre Ehre bekannt sie als Dietmar Teile. Von Ihnen würde ich Teile kaufen und eine Firma sie hier kopieren lassen. Mit Ihnen ich damit einverstanden, die Profite zu teilen. Bitte verzeihen Sie mein schlechter Deutscher. Es ist nicht häufig, daß es hier verwenden kann.
Mit Kolja Platen können Sie eine Anfrage von mir bilden. Er weiß vom mir und kann ein gutes Wort geben Ihnen.

Randy

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-23-2008).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
YEAH......what he said
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
I got it lol
Gary
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
This is what he is shooting for:

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 01-23-2008).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004
Here's my stab at it:
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D.Rohm:

Hi everybody ,

Thanks Dietmar

Dietmer thank you very much for the kind words.

I don't know how someone with your skills has not been snatched up by a body shop or some other kind of automobile customization buisness.

Boggles my mind. At any rate let me know how that meeting (wink) goes this week with my friend. I am excited for both of you. Wish i could attend.

For those wanting to know what the novitec f430 nose, Dietmer mentioned, looks like,....here ya go.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

For those wanting to know what the novitec f430 nose, Dietmer mentioned, looks like,....here ya go.

(snip)

OK, that'll do.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

Dolce!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
If we get a nose like the F430....I am definitely interested. I'd love to have a new nose on my Fiero that accomodates my Intercooler, Radiator, AC Condenser and Tranny Cooler better than what I currently have now on my Formula.

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock