Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Dietmer doing it again ! New fiero nose ! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dietmer doing it again ! New fiero nose ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-22-2008 02:03 PM
Replies: 135
Last post by: Bozzie on 06-02-2008 03:01 PM
D.Rohm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Car is at home (for two weeks now), and the scoops are painted. I finally got the scoops on today. I had to wait for the body rivets to come in, only to find that my hand riveter is too small for the 1/4 inch rivets. So I had to drive all around town to find the right size hand riveter.

long story short, here ae a few quick snap shots. The car is still on jacks for other work underneath the car (replacing battery cable with larger gauge cable), so I could not take it out to et good quality pics.

If I had one word to describe these scoops it would be "awesome”… and that word just does not really do justice to the quality of these scoops. (neither does my pics for that matter)

Exceptional quality, and the fit is PERFECT!

Better pics outdoors next weekend as long as the battery cable comes in.

Thanks Dietmar!

Hi Topcat ,
first also many thanks for you and your comment concerning the quality of these scoops .
You gave me all the needed time to finish them and these times we stayed in contact , I
got the impression , that you are one of the special person for me .
Therefore all the time it was a great honor for me to finish this parts for you and your Fiero .
Person same you , with so many respect and correctness are very less and very difficult to find .

Thanks again and I hope we stay in contact further times ,
with best regrades ,
Dietmar

IP: Logged
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
That's class A stuff. wundervoll

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 05-11-2008).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure a single word can do those scoops justice. So i wont even disgrace em by trying.
88 Obsession

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 ObsessionSend a Private Message to 88 ObsessionDirect Link to This Post
Dietmar, I've seen a lot of side scoops but yours are by far the best of them all! You said you wanted opinions on the new ribbed version of the side scoops, mine would be that if I owned a GT I'd say they were perfect but since I own a Formula I'd say that the old style was a better match for my car. I guess it's all a matter of what version car you own. Have you ever made a set of side scoops for the notchback/Formula version? The GT has the bottom skirts where the Formula has a beveled bottom. There are some side scoops out there with the beveled bottom but they are no where near yours for looks or Quality from what I hear from people who have bought yours! I was just wondering if there was any way you could make a set to fit a formula so I wouldn't have to add the bottom skirting. Let me know if it's at all possible.

Ken
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Obsession:

Dietmar, I've seen a lot of side scoops but yours are by far the best of them all! You said you wanted opinions on the new ribbed version of the side scoops, mine would be that if I owned a GT I'd say they were perfect but since I own a Formula I'd say that the old style was a better match for my car. I guess it's all a matter of what version car you own. Have you ever made a set of side scoops for the notchback/Formula version? The GT has the bottom skirts where the Formula has a beveled bottom. There are some side scoops out there with the beveled bottom but they are no where near yours for looks or Quality from what I hear from people who have bought yours! I was just wondering if there was any way you could make a set to fit a formula so I wouldn't have to add the bottom skirting. Let me know if it's at all possible.

Ken

Sorry Ken ,
I have no idea where the difference must be to fix these scoops for the Formula version .
I also mounted them before on some notchbacks and there was no problem .
Maybe you can help me with some pics for better understand the problem , cause of different skirts like Fiero Formula .
88 Obsession

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 ObsessionSend a Private Message to 88 ObsessionDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that there was something wrong with your scoops that needed to be fixed because there isn't. Your scoops are awesome! I wish I knew how to put pictures on this forum but I don't because I'm not good with computers but if you go to the Fiero warehouse site and look at their Ribbed IMSA quarter panels you will have three very good pictures of what I'm talking about. Another example is on Fiero addiction.com, they sell a version of side scoops called Mecham style side scoops that also show the angled bottom edge.
A few years ago I looked at the Aussie stage 2 side scoops but they said you would need a set of GT bottom moldings to make it look right. That was to cover the angled bottom edge of the car. I contacted them and asked them if they would consider making a set of side scoops with the original shape and they said they could but that I would have to pay for the molds. Not in my budget so I went without. Dieter, I hope you don't think that I'm some jerk trying to put down your work because nothing could be further from the truth. I respect your work and wish I had 1/8 your imagination and talent to do stuff that you do, I'm just trying to get a set of your side scoops that will go on my Formula without me having to add the GT moldings. I would love to keep the stock lines if possible. Let me know what you think.
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Obsession:

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that there was something wrong with your scoops that needed to be fixed because there isn't. Your scoops are awesome! I wish I knew how to put pictures on this forum but I don't because I'm not good with computers but if you go to the Fiero warehouse site and look at their Ribbed IMSA quarter panels you will have three very good pictures of what I'm talking about. Another example is on Fiero addiction.com, they sell a version of side scoops called Mecham style side scoops that also show the angled bottom edge.
A few years ago I looked at the Aussie stage 2 side scoops but they said you would need a set of GT bottom moldings to make it look right. That was to cover the angled bottom edge of the car. I contacted them and asked them if they would consider making a set of side scoops with the original shape and they said they could but that I would have to pay for the molds. Not in my budget so I went without. Dieter, I hope you don't think that I'm some jerk trying to put down your work because nothing could be further from the truth. I respect your work and wish I had 1/8 your imagination and talent to do stuff that you do, I'm just trying to get a set of your side scoops that will go on my Formula without me having to add the GT moldings. I would love to keep the stock lines if possible. Let me know what you think.

Hi Obsession ,
I never thought something wrong , and I didn`t misunderstood you or your question .
I only wanted to understand , where the differences have to be made , because up tp now I never did something for a Formula .
Maybe some other guys could help us to explain , what we have to change to fix the scoops at your Formula .
If I really understand , maybe there is no new mold needed .

Loading pics on PFF , was also very difficult for me .

First load down PIP and this program will be installed at your computer .
Between your post you have to click PIP
Pennock`s Image Poster will be open .
Now click the "Brows "button and pics from your computer will be ready to choose .
Choose the pic you will post and now click the button "Post it ".
Go back to your message and hold the button "Ctrl" ,
Between holding this button press - and V .
Now the pic is included .
Please remember pics you will be able to send at PFF must have small sizes .

I hope I could help you ,
Dietmar
McNasty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyDirect Link to This Post
WOW these things look awesome...
incredible job...I am always so impressed with your work.
I can't wait so see a full side view
will these be made available for everyone or are they a special project,
shawn
D.Rohm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D.RohmSend a Private Message to D.RohmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by McNasty:

WOW these things look awesome...
incredible job...I am always so impressed with your work.
I can't wait so see a full side view
will these be made available for everyone or are they a special project,
shawn

Hi Shawn ,
first many thanks to you !
Second it has to be mentioned , all parts from me could be available for everyone , who really want .
I believe , the group of guys I won`t give anything already know , who I mean .

Also I have no time for discussion and 100 posts reply about shipping costs .

For example : DHL Premium air package
120cm x 60cm x 60cm (max.10kg) ,
with insurance up to 5000 Euro
from Germany to the States will cost 48,00 Euro

Difficult are only oversized parts , mostly have to be shipped by Express - Services .

I think the price for normal size packages give no reason for long discussion , and if somebody really want something him would except this .

Group order mostly also make no sense , because every person in the States can recieve packages up to 100 Dollar without paying duty .
Succseeding continantal shipping in the States will produce new costs and sometimes it took very long time or get lost .

Otherwise , if my German friends order parts from the States , they never discuss costs of shipping or taxes .
We only order , because we need and want .

I hope this facts could explain , for who something will be available .

Thanks ,
Dietmar

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
Okay, back to the joy of celebrating the work!

TopCat...any more pictures from a side profile seeing the whole car? Thank you for getting your shots out so quickly. I'm going to have a go at installing my set from Dietmar next weekend...already started wet sanding and will do the primer myself. I'm having the whole car painted this fall, but I can't stand to see these beauties sitting in the box any longer. I still haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get a screen installed....Dietmar sent me some instructions but I'm a bit nervous about messing these things up. But I have a forced air induction setup, so I have to have some type of screen installed.

More pics...more pics!!

[This message has been edited by blkcofy (edited 05-18-2008).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
The car is still on jackstands... Ihope to have it down before the weekend. Perhaps I will get a shot of the entire side view when the wife drives the other car out of the garage, and out of the way.

Stay tuned...
PFF
System Bot
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
ohhhh tooooop caaaat....
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Work has been really busy so I've been able to play with the Fiero for an hour or two after work each day... and some days I'd simply walk by it on teh way into the house. Having said that, the car is STILL on jackstands, but will definitely come off of them Friday. I am done with the work under the car, and have been for a few days. I am going to a meet on Sunday with it, so it has to get cleaned up, so pics after washing it will be posted with full side view shots of the scoops on Saturday.

As far as mesh to block/hide stuff inside the wheel well?

I cleaned the liner real good and repainted them black. The dark color does not allow much to be seen inside of the vent... ot least in the garage. I will be able to get a better view and feel for the look inside the opening after getting it in some sunlight... but for now, I do not think it is really needed.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Here it is after rinsing the car off...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieDirect Link to This Post
Dietmar, fiinally getting the pieces on my car ! They look and fit GREAT!!!!!! Thanks for all your help with these great cars !!!

Rick
http://i252.photobucket.com...bozziec/fiero002.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com...bozziec/fiero001.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com...bozziec/fiero003.jpg

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay