Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  1/4 quarter mile LIST (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
1/4 quarter mile LIST by NOS3800
Started on: 10-08-2003 08:33 PM
Replies: 529
Last post by: Blacktree on 05-02-2008 01:13 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by banditbalz:
All motor. 189,000km

Only mod is a Holley scoop, does that even count?

I thought I saw in the original post that you had NOS also. Thats all, never seen you or your car, so I wouldnt know.
IP: Logged
spearce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
My best time is 15.51@85Mph

Steve
87GT 5spd no cat

anthony_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anthony_86gtSend a Private Message to anthony_86gtDirect Link to This Post
My best is a 15.65 at 84mph. V6 5 Speed Manual.
Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2003 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
You can add one to the list , and Im sure if you look through the archieves you will find reference and even time slips to back up his run.

shaun hammit (banned member)
14.1 @ 90
85 gt auto
ported manifolds
stock motor
NOS brand dry kit
this was done on a 90 shot of nitrous. Stock exhaust , street tires , street trim , 1.8 sec 60 ft I believe.

I know Chris Moore did a 13.3 as well with 16" wheels on his car and 13.6 with the 18's

JM

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
alright well dont think I'll be getting it to the track this year.. but 14.9@92 with my old 3.4.

maybe next year I go I'll have the ECM reprogrammed and an IC on there

MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitro:

Whoa... I started this yesterday (10/10/03) after seeing the first post in this topic. I must of missed your post.

Anyway... take a peek @ http://fiero.ptszone.com/quarter-mile.php

It's looking good! I have a few suggestions:
- add a date column
- add a varified bit
- Turn off your debug
- Add my 11.92 run in there.

I'm not sure if you want to go this far, but this is what I was thinking:
create a second DB table with engine types with ids and use that id in the quarter mile time table. Then you would easily be able to split the motor types into different pages and still have them all on one main page. You could do the same with historical 1/4 mile times for each person and for their contact info. You could also add mods to each historical runs so people can see what each mod set may be able to do.

I'm not sure of your PHP programming knowledge, but if you have any questions drop me an email. I'm not a PHP programmer, Cold fusion and ASP, but I may be able to lend a hand.

Good Job,
Lyle

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Where are all the 4 cyl's??!! I would like to see how a Quad 4 does. Or other 2.5's.

Like I said in my other post about my time, I had a 10MPH head wind (or so) and the elevation was about 1200 Ft (Edmonton, Alberta).

My only mods include, a removed cat on a stock exhaust, port matched & polished head, and polished TB.

The bottom end of my car is stock, and never opened, with 152000miles on it.

(Plus my time was with a full tank of gas, and everything in the car [spare, etc...], and 50lb of other stuff).

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
85GT with a Pushrod 3.4 (Bored .30 over, 423 lift cam etc). 15.001

88GT Stock V6 16.3

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MNFiero3800:It's looking good! I have a few suggestions:
- add a date column
- add a varified bit
- Turn off your debug
- Add my 11.92 run in there.

I'm not sure if you want to go this far, but this is what I was thinking:
create a second DB table with engine types with ids and use that id in the quarter mile time table. Then you would easily be able to split the motor types into different pages and still have them all on one main page. You could do the same with historical 1/4 mile times for each person and for their contact info. You could also add mods to each historical runs so people can see what each mod set may be able to do.

I spent some time setting it up so that the the table's columns are dynamically built, so dropping or adding a column is a 10 sec ordeal.

I was also thinking about stepping it up a level and creating the ability for users to login and create a sort of bio that would pop-up about their car when their name was clicked. Could have PFF alias, real name, email, region/location, car clubs, other cars, extended mod list, history, reasonably sized picture... I want to see peoples' reactions before I commit that much time to coding something on that level.

About the debug thing... lol, I figured a few people would catch that. I was trying to code at school and it was going to be a 20 minute thing, and we know how that goes. There's a little workaround I've setup for that.

At this rate I'm going to probably make the list only display 40 rows so it doesn't bog down too much.

I'm open to all constructive criticism. I just hope this project doesn't grow to a scale like my last one.

------------------
- Kyle

LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
No Small Block cars have been to the track???? Come on guys. Lets see some times. A new user could look at these lists and think that there were only 2 small block swaps in existance.

My time was with a 4T60-E tranny. But I am switching back to a 4 speed Muncie again. It is no fun driving auto even if it is low 12 seconds (tuned better since last trip to track).
Mods can be found at http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/detail.asp?intOwnerID=13086

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
This is interesting to note.....

2.DonKraus: 11.64@114mph RB (SC3800II, 4T65e Auto)
3.MNFiero3800: 11.92@114mph FB(SC3800II-Stage II intercooler,Stage I TB, cam, headers, DHP PCM, 2.8 pulley, 4T65E auto)
4.Calikid: 12.20@118mph FB (L98 SBC Transmission ??????)
5.FASTFIEROS: 12.28@111mph FB (SC3800II-ZZP S2 Intercooled,3.4 pulley,LSI TB, Stage 4 blower, DHP PCM, 85 mm MAF, 5 speed GETRAG)

10.custom84cp: 12.80@104mph (SC3800II - 4T65eHD Auto)

Interesting to know CaliKid transmission, and I am the only 5 speed in the top 10.

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 10-15-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

I was also thinking about stepping it up a level and creating the ability for users to login and create a sort of bio that would pop-up about their car when their name was clicked. Could have PFF alias, real name, email, region/location, car clubs, other cars, extended mod list, history, reasonably sized picture... I want to see peoples' reactions before I commit that much time to coding something on that level.

DO IT!!!

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 10-15-2003).]

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Im pretty sure calkid uses a getrag 5spd, thats been cryotreated to handle his abuse

James Z

Originally posted by FastFieros:

This is interesting to note.....

2.DonKraus: 11.64@114mph RB (SC3800II, 4T60e Auto)
3.MNFiero3800: 11.92@114mph FB(SC3800II-Stage II intercooler,Stage I TB, cam, headers, DHP PCM, 2.8 pulley, 4T65E auto)
4.Calikid: 12.20@118mph FB (L98 SBC Transmission ??????)
5.FASTFIEROS: 12.28@111mph FB (SC3800II-ZZP S2 Intercooled,3.4 pulley,LSI TB, Stage 4 blower, DHP PCM, 85 mm MAF, 5 speed GETRAG)

10.custom84cp: 12.80@104mph (SC3800II - 4T65eHD Auto)

Interesting to know CaliKid transmission, and I am the only 5 speed in the top 10.

Loyde

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

He used a Getrag.
I'll be back in the top 10 to keep you company before too long.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
ok - more details:
3.1, auto, 2030 cam
MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post

I spent some time setting it up so that the the table's columns are dynamically built, so dropping or adding a column is a 10 sec ordeal.

About the debug thing... lol, I figured a few people would catch that. I was trying to code at school and it was going to be a 20 minute thing, and we know how that goes. There's a little workaround I've setup for that.

At this rate I'm going to probably make the list only display 40 rows so it doesn't bog down too much.

I'm open to all constructive criticism. I just hope this project doesn't grow to a scale like my last one.

I'm assuming you are using some sort of DB in the back end? It's the only way to fly.

Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
Just to let you know,I have a 4t65e transaxle in mine with 3:69 gears.I also have a posi unit in the differential.

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.568 sec
1/4 mi - 11.647 sec
mph - 114.55

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Don,

I tried to remember what you had told me at the 20th on the trans.

Loyde

CaSSaNoVa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaSSaNoVaSend a Private Message to CaSSaNoVaDirect Link to This Post
I'm about to cry I spent so much money on a V8 and a V8 kit and big brakes and most of the top ten 1/4 mile owners have 3800's. i cant wait til my car is running and find out if i can get near that time.
MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CaSSaNoVa:

I'm about to cry I spent so much money on a V8 and a V8 kit and big brakes and most of the top ten 1/4 mile owners have 3800's. i cant wait til my car is running and find out if i can get near that time.

I think the reason there is so many 3800's in the top ten is because the V8 guys are just not posting times.

Come on V8 guys post your times...

Archie, I'm sure you know some V8 times, I'm very interested in what they run. (No V8 vs 3800 BS here, I just want to see some times please.)

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2003 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a vid here of a coupe built by archie with dual quads and brodix heads with 400hp

ran a 13 flat....

there are a few vids floating around of V8 SBC cars

JM

PFF
System Bot
MNFiero3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MNFiero3800Send a Private Message to MNFiero3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:

I have a vid here of a coupe built by archie with dual quads and brodix heads with 400hp

ran a 13 flat....

there are a few vids floating around of V8 SBC cars

JM

Just put a name with them and a MPH, and we have a posted V8 1/4 mile time.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
hmm is it because people are fearful once there are V8 times on there there'll be a war? on whats better?

Why don't we show all the non believers who call fieros crap, what were all about and get some times up there

granted maybe the V8 guys don't hit the track that often but there has to be more than just Cali Kid

GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

granted maybe the V8 guys don't hit the track that often but there has to be more than just Cali Kid

I have a SBC V8 in mine, but I have "no" intentions of taking to it a drag way, Thats not what I had it built it for. If I wanted a drag car I would have built up a old Nova or Camaro. For what its worth I did get into a bit of race twice with a newer LS1 Z-28 last week. (He didnt learn the first time ) It wasnt even close. I had about 8 car lengths on him by the time I let up at about 70 mph. The second time he went in behind me and tried to chase and ride my bumper, still with the same results I pulled away hard with no problem threw 2nd gear and part of 3rd. LS1 Z-28's are about 13.6 ish ,, soo high 12's could be a possible for mine? Dont know,dont care, as long is it keeps spankin the doors off like that!

------------------

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
yeah I don't blame ya on the drag race, I only take mine there after a new motor swap took it with the 2.8 once, 3.4 once I'm just curious to what I'd pull. I'll do it once and call it good, but I agree if it were to be a 1/4 mile car I would've gone something old or perhaps an 80's mustang.

I'm not going to bash the V8 guys I'm just curious, and with a story like that it suites me fine just like a 1/4 time BTW nice ride

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
I see you would like the transmission type.

Rockcrawl-4 speed standard
Her85GT-4 speed auto
V8dreamer-4 speed auto

Pete

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SplineZ:

Im pretty sure calkid uses a getrag 5spd, thats been cryotreated to handle his abuse

Correct, it's factory ratio, all metallic innerds are ultrasonically hardened/stress relieved, and posi-traction unit is now installed (which should be peel off another 0.2 sec in the 1/4 mile, car launches excellent now, too much tire slip before). Quarter Master Pro-Series 7.25 inch dual clutch disk setup supplies all the grip.

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MNFiero3800:I'm assuming you are using some sort of DB in the back end? It's the only way to fly.

Yup, MySQL is holding up the back-end.

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Quarter Mile Database

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2003 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Tranny in my car is a 5 speed Isuzu and mods are too much to get into but just a few
Custom Intake (in house)
Custom made clutch
Custom cam (Crane)
Holley 500cfm Carb
Heads decked and ported(in house)
Mallory HY-fire IV
MSD adjustable timing module
and the list goes on and on.

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

will_p

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for will_pSend a Private Message to will_pDirect Link to This Post
Why aren't there any more 1/4 mile times of those of us with 3.4's?? I just got mine installed and probably wont race it for a looong time (gotta break in the engine+no traks where I live), but I was just wondering what the 1/4 times would be on a car comparable to mine. ARI 3.4 ported manifolds, phase 2 cam, Darrell Morse ported throttle body and plenum, performance heads, k&n, straight pipe, and a few other mods.

[This message has been edited by will_p (edited 10-16-2003).]

Coop88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop88Send a Private Message to Coop88Direct Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
WikedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WikedV6Send a Private Message to WikedV6Direct Link to This Post
TTT
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I thought people put in V8s to go fast. But no one want to take it to the track. Is it just for looks, bragging rights, or what?

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I thought people put in V8s to go fast. But no one want to take it to the track. Is it just for looks, bragging rights, or what?

I doubt I'll ever have mine at the track. I have better things to do one my weekends than spend the day at the races. I picked a SBC for the WOW factor.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-undergoing a ZZ3 350 with Accel 1000CFM Street Ram TPI and Gen VI DFI=345HP/390TQ
  • I Keep them in seperate garages and never take the bra off of one.
  • Black 88 formula-stock black and tan.
  • My Shower Cam
cardealer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cardealerSend a Private Message to cardealerDirect Link to This Post
i am going to the track tonight and will post my v8 results in the morning.
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cardealer:

i am going to the track tonight and will post my v8 results in the morning.

rool:

NOS3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NOS3800Click Here to visit NOS3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to NOS3800Direct Link to This Post
DOUBLE DROOOOOOOOOL, may have a new number one if Cardealer is tuned right!
I got a new PB tonite. Got only two runs in before it rained. First run was RIGHT off the street after sitting in the entrance line for 30 minutes. I put a 3.0 pulley on before I left work for first time too. I ran:
RT: .579
60 ft: 1.773
330: 5.222
1/8: 8.102
MPH: 84.13
1000: 10.652
1/4: 12.800
MPH: 104.55
It was less then perfect run, felt KR on top of second and third gear. I usually get it after racing the motor after sitting in traffic.

2nd run was after a 30 minute cool down. But I spun bad, then after 2-3rd shift the Engine Service light came on, so I let off to live another day. The light went off on the way home so I suspect the TPS is acting up again.

NOS3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NOS3800Click Here to visit NOS3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to NOS3800Direct Link to This Post
A NEW #1 Fiero has been added. Everyone take a look!!! X has been bumped from the top.
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOS3800:

A NEW #1 Fiero has been added. Everyone take a look!!! X has been bumped from the top.

And by a SBC? *GASP* unrealll

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOS3800:

cool; I just wish we could see some more V8 times up there, the list is pretty crowded with 3800's...not that I am complaining ...but I do like variety.

Anyway, where is the mod list of cardealer's fiero? any pics? I would like to see how the longitudinal setup turned out.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock