Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Convertible Fiero...Fantasy or Reality (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Convertible Fiero...Fantasy or Reality by blkcofy
Started on: 09-08-2007 10:03 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: 8Ball on 09-16-2007 09:08 PM
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Pretty sure that Chris in Indiana built the maroon/ silver one about 6 years ago. It had a Northstar V8. The maroon candyapple paint was gorgeous.

Yes, the last three(?) owners probably all sold it to the next guy in line because they got tired of it being referred to as "Chris Moore's car"...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click either link for pics)

IP: Logged
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Yes, the last three(?) owners probably all sold it to the next guy in line because they got tired of it being referred to as "Chris Moore's car"...

Actually.....only one. I bought it from Chris in 2003 and sold it to Tony (current owner) last October. He still owns it, so only 2 owners since Chris and I'm the only one to sell. I know this was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I didn't sell it for any other reason than my business was failing and I needed capital. I would have lost it in the bankruptcy anyway, so kinda glad I sold it when I did. Tony has fixed up a lot of the little issues the car had and even repainted it (I liked the old color too.....actual name was 'Kandy Wild Cherry', a House of Kolor paint).

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 09-14-2007).]

AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully Chris will chime in... I remember him saying that he bought the car with the convertible top installed, but he did install the N*.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Actually.....only one. I bought it from Chris in 2003 and sold it to Tony (current owner) last October. He still owns it, so only 2 owners since Chris and I'm the only one to sell. I know this was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I didn't sell it for any other reason than my business was failing and I needed capital. I would have lost it in the bankruptcy anyway, so kinda glad I sold it when I did. Tony has fixed up a lot of the little issues the car had and even repainted it (I liked the old color too.....actual name was 'Kandy Wild Cherry', a House of Kolor paint).

Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek...

It seems like it had changed hands more than that over the past couple years, though. I stand corrected.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click either link for pics)

kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
my dream is to one day have a lowered, chopped, ferrari red fiero, convertable, with a front mounted v8 and a big ol' blower stickin outta the roof Ah... dare to dream eh?
AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
I've got some pics of the top mechanism from my convrt top, but I can't figure out PIP to post them. If anyone is interested I'll send you the pics to post.
Scott
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:
Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek...

It seems like it had changed hands more than that over the past couple years, though. I stand corrected.

It does seem like it's been in a few different hands, but it's an illusion! Chris bought the car with the paint job and convertible already installed. He installed the N* and the 18" chrome wheels. During my ownership, I re-did the interior black (wasn't 100% finished when I sold it) and installed the LeBaron front brakes so it could stop. I also lowered it, but didn't do a great job with that.....the ST springs were too soft and coupled with Rodneys lowered ball joints the front end was waaaay too low (scraped the inner fender wells on hard cornering). Tony has fixed this as well as many other things (like a new top, etc.).

If I remember correctly, it was painted that color back in 1993 or 1994 (give or take). The paint was far from perfect, but pretty nice for the age. It was a color you either loved or hated though. I planned on repainting it myself, but never got beyond the planning stages.

8Ball

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AnimalGT:

I've got some pics of the top mechanism from my convrt top, but I can't figure out PIP to post them. If anyone is interested I'll send you the pics to post.
Scott

you can send them to me if you want. I will post them for you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock