Started on: 06-04-2007 11:12 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: R Runner on 06-16-2007 07:37 AM
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I had started a build thread on the car but for various reasons, mostly lack of time, I'm probably not going to continue it. But I did think I'd share the finished pictures with you. The car runs very well now, after buying my own burner and burning my own chips for it. Lots of helpful folks at thirdgen forum and emails from the DIY-EFI and GMECM groups helped me as well.

So, here are the pictures.

For those of you that want, you can easily see where these are hosted, feel free to look through the construction pictures.

John Stricker
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Wow
Looks like you have another Winner!!
Love the brakes also!
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ummmmm....all i can say is WOW John. Looks awesome and I'll be down next week to pick it up

Dan
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget the checkbook.

Oh, and I no longer accept first born sons. I'm too old to raise anymore............

John Stricker

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Ummmmm....all i can say is WOW John. Looks awesome and I'll be down next week to pick it up

Dan

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
looks like you did a great job !!
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Can I ask what color that is and the paint code? Very nice.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Red.

It's actually a House of Kolor 3 part system, custom mix, and, to be blunt, I won't use it again. You don't want to hear the nightmare I went through with it. It's Dupont for me from now on.

John Stricker

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Can I ask what color that is and the paint code? Very nice.

srat110

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
That car looks awsome. Nice work. The color really adds to the re-body.

My only dislike, and yea I am ashamed to knock the car even the least little bit as it looks killer, but the interior just looks too plain compared to the rest of the car. However with that said, it's still a bad azz car. Congrats John on a job well done.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Smooth was the goal on the interior and, to be honest, half of it's appeal is when you turn the key on and everything lights up. The switches are even smooth. They are touch sensitive and embedded in the dash. Push once, lights are on, again and they're off. HVAC controls are simplicity. Push the fan button, it runs wide open. The other button selects from heat outlet to defroster. Theory was, a/c is a waste in a car with no roof and if the time comes you want heat, you're going to want all the heat you can get. Many things on the dash are hidden. Radio remote control is on the steering column and can run all radio functions including the built in XM satellite. The car also has a full size glove box and a three receptacle 12V cigarette lighter panel below the dash on the passenger side, easy to get to but almost invisible.

John Stricker

Originally posted by srat110:

That car looks awsome. Nice work. The color really adds to the re-body.

My only dislike, and yea I am ashamed to knock the car even the least little bit as it looks killer, but the interior just looks too plain compared to the rest of the car. However with that said, it's still a bad azz car. Congrats John on a job well done.

srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Smooth was the goal on the interior and, to be honest, half of it's appeal is when you turn the key on and everything lights up. The switches are even smooth. They are touch sensitive and embedded in the dash. Push once, lights are on, again and they're off. HVAC controls are simplicity. Push the fan button, it runs wide open. The other button selects from heat outlet to defroster. Theory was, a/c is a waste in a car with no roof and if the time comes you want heat, you're going to want all the heat you can get. Many things on the dash are hidden. Radio remote control is on the steering column and can run all radio functions including the built in XM satellite. The car also has a full size glove box and a three receptacle 12V cigarette lighter panel below the dash on the passenger side, easy to get to but almost invisible.

John Stricker

That's pretty cool. Bet it looks awsome all lit up.

Seriously John, car looks killer. I'd be happy to car sit anytime

[This message has been edited by srat110 (edited 06-05-2007).]

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Whoa! Most impressive!

I don't even know why I bother. That sets the standard up another notch.

Beautiful work!
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
awesome! more interior pix?
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely gorgeous! More pics please.

Also could you add a few pictures showing how you mounted the mesh grilles?

Thanks
Nolan
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
You should hear this bad boy when he starts it up....
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

awesome! more interior pix?

I need to take newer pictures of the engine, it's been cleaned up as well as the engine compartment. There are still a few things I need to do yet back there that I want, but they might take a bit of time.

John Stricker
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

jstricker

12956 posts
Member since Apr 2002

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Thanks
Nolan

I have some pictures of that but they're on the shop and backup drive. I can't access them from here but I'll try to remember to post some tomorrow.

John Stricker
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
So those seats are from a Soltice?

Very nice
Cory
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Yes, they are from a Solstice. Came out of a wrecked one with less than 30 miles, along with the belts.

John Stricker

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

So those seats are from a Soltice?

Very nice
Cory

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful John. Beautiful.

You going to let me dirve this one to the cigar shop too?

The tailights, are those camaro? And is that what the light panel called for, or is that just a Stricker unique touch?
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
That looks terrible! Ick!

It's too shiny, and too sexy, and too burgundy, and too topless, and... and... and... and I'm gonna have to send you my doctor's bill because those pics just blew about three lobes of my brain.

Good grief, that's friggin' gorgeous... well done. Well done...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click either link for pics)

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Well you're gonna need a new project now. How's about I swap you a very nice 85 notchie for it

Absolutely beautiful. I should show my wife the pics. She might let me do another engine swap after all (I could sneak the body swap in, she wouldn't notice !!).

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
'98 Camaro tail lights and yes, those are custom. If you look very closely, you'll see we redid the inset on each side to match the curve of the tail lights. Yep, you can drive it. If you don't wuss out and baby it around like you did the copper Finale. What a weenie. "I might break it!!! WAAAAAAAAA!!" Some people's kids, I swear.

John Stricker

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Beautiful John. Beautiful.

You going to let me dirve this one to the cigar shop too?

The tailights, are those camaro? And is that what the light panel called for, or is that just a Stricker unique touch?

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

jstricker

12956 posts
Member since Apr 2002
How nice is the Notchie? I'd prefer it be an '85 GT, but I can always put the aero on it, or put a Norm's nose on it (they're kind of growing on me). Of course we're talking a little cash in addition to the Notchie.

John Stricker

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Well you're gonna need a new project now. How's about I swap you a very nice 85 notchie for it

Absolutely beautiful. I should show my wife the pics. She might let me do another engine swap after all (I could sneak the body swap in, she wouldn't notice !!).

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Well you're gonna need a new project now.

I'm sure he's already got a new project lined up by now.....I may just have to come down and help him with just so I can have an excuse to take a ride in this project

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 06-05-2007).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

John Stricker

Thats is awsome! Great work. I have 1 question though....whats the deal with the fuel door? Run out of paint?
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
No. I don't typically paint polished billet aluminum.

John Stricker

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Thats is awsome! Great work. I have 1 question though....whats the deal with the fuel door? Run out of paint?

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Yes, they are from a Solstice. Came out of a wrecked one with less than 30 miles, along with the belts.

John Stricker

is there a shoulder harness worked in somehow? i just have lap belts and with seat belt laws tightening up here i may need to look for a shoulder belt solution.

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it uses the Solstice belts/harness with a modified stationary buckle. The Solstice male end will not latch in the Fiero Buckle. It is not a simple swap. We put it in when the car was gutted with the retractor inside the B Pillar. The anchor loop is mounted through the firewall as high as practical. It's not perfect, but it's legal.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Philphine:

is there a shoulder harness worked in somehow? i just have lap belts and with seat belt laws tightening up here i may need to look for a shoulder belt solution.

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

No. I don't typically paint polished billet aluminum.

John Stricker

Ah ha....it's polished aluminum. Looked like it was just plain white in the pic. Sorry.
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
John

You definitely out did yourself on this one. Absolutely gorgeous, unbelievable.

Ed

------------------
Fino
www.feroce.us
Member National Kit Car Club
Lifetime Member CFOGi

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Love your dash, very different. Did you do it yourself or is someone making molds?
PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Thanks
Nolan

This is the best picture I have

The mesh was cut oversize for the opening. It was sandwiched on the top between the mounting bracket we made and the front grill opening. The ends were then formed tightly around the opening and some dry, thick flox mixed up. The flox was spread over the mesh and onto the grill through the openings, then covered with peel ply. When dry, the peel ply was pulled off and it was painted black like everything else under there. Hopefully I made sense with that explanation.

Originally posted by Fino:

John

You definitely out did yourself on this one. Absolutely gorgeous, unbelievable.

Ed

Ed, thanks for the compliments. Coming from you, they mean a lot.

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Love your dash, very different. Did you do it yourself or is someone making molds?

The dash and interior is all completely one-off and made with glass over foam. It could be better, I was pushing a deadline to get the car to the WOW show in Omaha. We talked about pulling molds but decided not to because to sell them would probably be well over $2000 and there simply isn't a market for that much expense, IMHO.

John Stricker
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I like what you're growing down on the farm, John. Very nice!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Very, very, nice.
Wow !
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
very nice work
hats off to you
now its worth at least $32000 AUD

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 06-05-2007).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker: Ed, thanks for the compliments. Coming from you, they mean a lot.

Ed wasn't blowin' smoke, either. I just got off the phone with him and he REALLY digs what you have done with the rear end. I guess he's an @ss man

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

Ed wasn't blowin' smoke, either. I just got off the phone with him and he REALLY digs what you have done with the rear end. I guess he's an @ss man

YES! I really am an @ss man :-)

Ed
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John, One more quick question what the heck is flox??
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
A mixture of cotton flox strands and resin/hardner mix. It's used as a structural adhesive in bonding fiberglass panels of the same type of construction. Google "flox fiberglass" and I'm sure you'll find more than you wanted to know.

John Stricker

Thanks John, One more quick question what the heck is flox??

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Gorgeous car!!!!

I also love the extra attention that you gave the interior.
If you get at chance, could you demo (or post pics) of the B&O (Bang&Olufsen) style "buttons"? I'd love to see how they work and light up.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock