Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Glass windows for 3" chop top Fieros (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Glass windows for 3" chop top Fieros by F355spider
Started on: 09-28-2005 10:38 AM
Replies: 138
Last post by: F355spider on 08-28-2006 12:07 PM
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got both sides fit in. I still need to fill the gap between the frame of the car and the frame of the weatherstrip. Both door skins and mirrors are on and the windows roll up and down. I made some simple bump stops like Mikes and even took it for a drive. When putting on the door skins i found the glass would hit the studs that hold the door lever to the door skin. I ground off the studs and drilled some holes and bolted them in. Now if you were inclined to look you would see 1/4 20 nuts under the door handle. The driver side still bumps the little tit on the key cylinder. The passenger side does not. I'll live with it until it breaks or wears in. I don't plan on locking the doors anyway. They can steal the car as long as they don't break the glass. Also, I can't roll the windows up with the doors closed. They stop about 3/8 of an inch from the top so I have to open the door, roll up the window and close it again. Maybe stronger motors would fix it but I think manual windows would be the best. Manual windows suck in a fiero so I'll deal with it until it breaks or wears in. Besides those two things everything is great. I couldn't be happier and I think everyone else will like them also.
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

Also, I can't roll the windows up with the doors closed. They stop about 3/8 of an inch from the top so I have to open the door, roll up the window and close it again.

I can't wait to see your windows installed. I have the same problem with my T-top and it's got stock windows. I bought new motors to install which I hope will fix that problem. My passenger side is so slow I have to help it up with my hand or it will take all day.

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Went and snapped some pictures o Josh's chop-top yesterday with the windows installed.

The side windows fit real good. They roll down fine but getting them back up requires openeing the doors. I guess its not a huge deal, its just the the curve fo the glass is so extreme that its a little off int eh track. He needs to cut down the gaskets a little more and try greasing the track and maybe they will even go up and down on their own without opening the door. At any rate there is no gaps in the seal and they align really nice when up. When they are down they are just like the stock windows, with a little bit of the glass protruding the dew wipe seals. I was kinda suprised to see that actually because they are shorter I figured they would tuck all of the way down in there. Anyhow heres the pictures...

Looks good to me!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The stock windows don't fit any better than that. And like I said my t-top windows need to be prodded into position. That's just the nature of frameless windows.

Those look good!

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
I took it in for alignment today, I didn't notice any wind noise but I don't have door panels on either so it wasn't exactly quiet inside. I don't expect any issues though. It definately feels nice having my fiero back on the road. It wouldn't have happened this fast if it wasn't for Mike. I hope to see some other cars with their windows in.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
They look great I'm happy for you and I've been getting a lot of pms about buying the windows. I will not do another group buy as I said before that was a one-time deal. I will have them for sale on my website www.autobodyconcept.com latter and sorry but the group buy was at cost and all sales now will be at a price that will be reasonable. I just have to decide what I think is reasonable. LOL
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I posted in the Mall but cannot find it? I am selling the remainder of the spare windows I have for $500.00 a set. First come first serve when gone they are gone. I will not be building any more Fieros for myself and I am selling all my stuff so I do not need to keep the windows.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I just want to let every one know I was going through my stuff getting ready to Chop my 1999 Ranger project and notice I have five sets of Chop top Fiero windows left. If any one wants to buy any or all let me know. I need to get the tooling up for the Ford Ranger windows. When I get back from Mexico I will start slamming it to the weeds then it gets the Chop. My new triple black six speed Vette is perfection so I had to get something to hack up LOL.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
I want a set, pm me so we can work it out, I live in a suburb of dallas so I might be able to come and pick them up.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 08-24-2006).]

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
I have Archie chop top #18. I have been looking into glass with little satisfaction. Please put me on your list.
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
one set for me too! theses are my next purchase for sure.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
I just want to let every one know I was going through my stuff getting ready to Chop my 1999 Ranger project and notice I have five sets of Chop top Fiero windows left. If any one wants to buy any or all let me know. I need to get the tooling up for the Ford Ranger windows. When I get back from Mexico I will start slamming it to the weeds then it gets the Chop. My new triple black six speed Vette is perfection so I had to get something to hack up LOL.

OK, I'm interested, what's the price tag?

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I want a set, pm me so we can work it out, I live in a suburb of dallas so I might be able to come and pick them up.

PM sent I can met you near Dallas I go to Joe Pool lake mountain biking a lot so we can met in Cedar Hill if you want. If you car is already Chopped or Not I can help if you need my help.
Edit I think all windows are taken so I will collect the money and see from there and post if so after I get pmts, Thanks guys you will not be disappointed these windows are sweet. Two sets are clear and three are tinted a friend had them tested and they are 40% tint so if you want the clear or tint first ones to tell me gets them. Also if some one wants to buy my tooling and rights to sell them let me know I hate to see a good thing go away.

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 08-25-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
I want the clear
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
i'll go with a tinted set. do you take paypal while i'm intruding on this thread?
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
so are they all gone? the toolings for sale? whats start up cost?

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Tinted set for me. Price?

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

rodneybooth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
I can't raise on the PM. The email bounces back. Contact me for payment. Thanks
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent

Originally posted by rodneybooth:

I can't raise on the PM. The email bounces back. Contact me for payment. Thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay