Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Glass windows for 3" chop top Fieros (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Glass windows for 3" chop top Fieros by F355spider
Started on: 09-28-2005 10:38 AM
Replies: 138
Last post by: F355spider on 08-28-2006 12:07 PM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I did get the glass today but it was busted pictures on the Mutt gets chopped thread it was a sad day in Texas.
IP: Logged
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Well no wonder they did not want to deliver it. MAN, that sucks big time, sorry to hear it F355.

--Will

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
New windows arrived today and are safe I posted pictures in the Mutt gets chopped thread
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i'm still watching, just let me know where to send the money.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2005 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try to get them in today I know it is hard to be patent but it will pay off I'm close but it has been too long coming.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Well as of today this is were we are; the contact person that I was dealing with is no longer there I had to talk to another employee. The good thing was he had worked on my first set and did the auto cad for them the bad news is what I got is it. They can only go as far as they did without using very expensive equipment so saying that we can still make a group buy but it will be the same windows that I put in my car except they will be the greenish clear that OEM windows are. I am not sure on the price but I will know as soon as he calls me back he said he had to check compared to what I told him. So if you want to buy these windows and make them work with your application PM me your email and I will give you all the details. If you are planning on doing a chop to fit the windows these should be a lot easier that making them fit your chop like I did but it can be done with a little work as you saw in my thread. So saying that any one that wants in for sure PM me and buy tomorrow I should be able to get the total price from them on the at least 15 sets then I will divide it up per cost per set. Just to say again most likely these will not be a bolt in deal but as you saw they can work and I love having mine in my car so it is your choice.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
these windows are going quick so you guys better jump on this while you can. F355spider has a set price now and it's more than resonable.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

these windows are going quick so you guys better jump on this while you can. F355spider has a set price now and it's more than resonable.

The price is $166.66 each window or $333.32 a set plus shipping to you.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
There are only three sets left to make the order
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
back to the top.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
All 15 sets are clamed and accounted for as of today. I can order more just had to have 15 sets to place the order. I will contact everyone after Thanksgiving and get the order in.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

All 15 sets are clamed and accounted for as of today. I can order more just had to have 15 sets to place the order. I will contact everyone after Thanksgiving and get the order in.

Wow that was faster than I expected. I need to get some more items for sale in the mall!

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
We are back down to 14 sets as of today if we only get the 14 sets sold I will buy the other for future use.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
that kind of sucks. on the bright side, you could use the extra set for the 355.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

that kind of sucks. on the bright side, you could use the extra set for the 355.

You read my mind I look at my 355 now and first thing that pops out is dang that back window is huge I was getting a few extra sets anyway. Set # 15 is called for so all 15 sets are sold but there is some confusion I can order more I just have to order 15 to be able to order. I also know that after having my car chopped and with the glass windows back in it I could never own a non-chopped one again unless I had not chopped it yet. LOL

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
OK I received a paper template today from an Archie Chop Top owner and put it up against my car and up against one of my spare windows. The dang thing is a near perfect fit as far as the roofline goes. I am still laughing and I want to stop but can't. I'm sorry but after him trying to explain the clear difference between his and mine and saying it was off and this entire angle BS just has me rolling on the floor. I cannot say how the glass curve is because this was paper but this will show what I'm talking about. I can not say the others will be as close as this one or that any of his other chops will come this close because he does clam they are all different (but he said my window would not fit his chops also so how good is his word) but I can say that this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$. People might hate me for not liking this guy but he just continues to prove my reason for disliking him is legit and we all can dislike or like whom we want and should not be discriminated against for that. Every one will have to judge for their self if they think they will or will not work but the odds just got better.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That's good news. When are we going to get the ordering info for one of the 15 sets?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I sent PMs to all that wanted them if you did not get a pm with the info let me know so I don’t skip any one I want to get them ordered ASAP
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2005 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
you still have time to get in on it Archie. no reason to reinvent the wheel.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

No thanks, I think I'll pass, but thanks for thinking of me.

I'd rather have windows that have enough contour to match the contour of the 1/4 windows.

The driver's side doesn't seem to fit any better.

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

To try to bring the window in at the top to meet the seal, he's moved the bottom of the tracks outboard & the tops inboard so far that He's now got a mail slot. Looks like you could get a Summit Racing Catalog in that mail slot.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

OK I received a paper template today from an Archie Chop Top owner and put it up against my car and up against one of my spare windows. The dang thing is a near perfect fit as far as the roofline goes. I am still laughing and I want to stop but can't. I'm sorry but after him trying to explain the clear difference between his and mine and saying it was off and this entire angle BS just has me rolling on the floor. I cannot say how the glass curve is because this was paper but this will show what I'm talking about. I can not say the others will be as close as this one or that any of his other chops will come this close because he does clam they are all different (but he said my window would not fit his chops also so how good is his word) but I can say that this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$. People might hate me for not liking this guy but he just continues to prove my reason for disliking him is legit and we all can dislike or like whom we want and should not be discriminated against for that. Every one will have to judge for their self if they think they will or will not work but the odds just got better.

Since you just want to keep on dragging me into this thread, I guess I'll just have to keep returning to tell you just how wrong you are.

When I told you it's not going to fit right, this is what I talking about.

We all know my windows have more curve in them & If the paper template is correct, Laying the paper against your flat windows will make it appear to fit better than it actually fits.

The real interesting thing is the picture of the paper taped to your window in the car.

It kinda looks like your "A" pillar is a different angle than mine is. See how much of the rubber seal shows at "A" as opposed to "B".

Also, the guy who sent you the paper most likely drew the black line at the top of the dew wipe. Yet you have that line down about an inch in the area at "C". If you raise the area "C" to where it's level with the left end of that line then the fit between "A" & "B" is going to be even worse.

Now I know you're going to respond by calling me names & insulting me, save your breath. Quit dragging me into your thread & I'll quit showing everyone how wrong you are.

As I told you before, your cuts & chop are totally different than mine. As a result the contour around the window is going to be different than mine. We already know the curve of the window is not enough to fit your car let alone mine. In your own build thread you state that you set out to do a 3" chop but ended up with a 4" chop, how does that happen??????? What kind of engineering did you use to be that far off? Maybe that's why the Right end of the line in the picture is about 1" below the left end of the line.

You titled this thread "Glass windows for 3" chop top Fieros", We've already seen how much work you had to do to make the windows you designed fit the car you designed them off of. How many more mods will be needed to make your windows fit a 3" chop?

Maybe you should quit dragging me into this until you can come up with some answers.

So, go ahead, throw some more insults my way, but come up with some answers too.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Actually Archie you are not worth it and from all the PM's I get about how people really feel about you I believe you need to stop trying to explain why things want work and worry about crowd control you are sliding fast and your popularity is going down the tubes more and more every day. The more you put peoples cars and work down and tell your lies the more you discredit yourself. I noticed you did not show the picture of the perfect angle of the template to the window but you try to make shadows into flaws to make you look good. Several people have seen my car and know how good the windows look and everyone knows the windows are not a perfect fit but I have never tried to say they were. I am impressed and in reality my car must really be sweet because it has pissed you off in a heck of a way that has you trying to nit pick it. Thanks Archie this car must be awesome to have you running scared. I even noticed you want to make an 85 GT chop for yourself dang just tell the truth you love it and wish you had done it. You own a business and weather you know it or not I’m trying to help you. You need to concentrate on that and not use free forums to try to advertise that business. I belong to another forum you came on trying to promote your work and take advantage of free advertisement but you were run off after about four post. I could go on all night about how people laugh at you behind your back and are friends with you only because they need you but it will not solve anything until you take a long look in the mirror and decide for yourself who you are. You can try all you want to stop me but I will never stop helping people make their cars better I will help any one that ask me too and if that means showing them how to chop their top or how to make suicide doors or lambo doors I will do what I can to tell them how to do it themselves and help them save money and we all know that is why you tried to stop this group glass buy because when the do it yourself people tried to buy your windows you would not sell them to them and with the glass windows out there more people will be able to finish there cars or do the chops themselves and with the bad attitude you have this makes you mad when you should be happy for them. At least my windows don’t have to be trained; by the way how do you do that if they stay put you give them a doggy biscuit. One more thing before I get of my stool I don’t care if people don’t like me I say what I want and do as I please if you do not like me I do not lose my business but you on the other hand should start thinking about your business before you go pissing people off and thinking everyone has to like me because I’m V8 Archie. Well sad to say I met a teen during Thanksgiving that did not know who Van Halen was ,now that is sad.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by Archie:

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

To try to bring the window in at the top to meet the seal, he's moved the bottom of the tracks outboard & the tops inboard so far that He's now got a mail slot. Looks like you could get a Summit Racing Catalog in that mail slot.

Archie

This is just another one of your lies there is not a gap between the glass and the seal it is against the glass as it should be I just wish that one of the people that have seen the glass in the car would speak up and let Archie know this is not true and he is full of $hit I just went outside in the rain to take a picture. Archie you are really a piece of crap and I'm getting really tiered of your lies and I hope everyone else will see this and let you know you are full of it too.

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 11-27-2005).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
looks good to me Mike. Archie's window looks a little off at the top though. i'll be getting an extra set so it would be in my interest for you (Archie) not to buy in, but it would give your customers an option and you an excuse to raise your price.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Actually Archie you are not worth it and from all the PM's I get about how people really feel about you I believe you need to stop trying to explain why things want work and worry about crowd control you are sliding fast and your popularity is going down the tubes more and more every day. The more you put peoples cars and work down and tell your lies the more you discredit yourself. I noticed you did not show the picture of the perfect angle of the template to the window but you try to make shadows into flaws to make you look good. Several people have seen my car and know how good the windows look and everyone knows the windows are not a perfect fit but I have never tried to say they were. I am impressed and in reality my car must really be sweet because it has pissed you off in a heck of a way that has you trying to nit pick it. Thanks Archie this car must be awesome to have you running scared. I even noticed you want to make an 85 GT chop for yourself dang just tell the truth you love it and wish you had done it. You own a business and weather you know it or not I’m trying to help you. You need to concentrate on that and not use free forums to try to advertise that business. I belong to another forum you came on trying to promote your work and take advantage of free advertisement but you were run off after about four post. I could go on all night about how people laugh at you behind your back and are friends with you only because they need you but it will not solve anything until you take a long look in the mirror and decide for yourself who you are. You can try all you want to stop me but I will never stop helping people make their cars better I will help any one that ask me too and if that means showing them how to chop their top or how to make suicide doors or lambo doors I will do what I can to tell them how to do it themselves and help them save money and we all know that is why you tried to stop this group glass buy because when the do it yourself people tried to buy your windows you would not sell them to them and with the glass windows out there more people will be able to finish there cars or do the chops themselves and with the bad attitude you have this makes you mad when you should be happy for them. At least my windows don’t have to be trained; by the way how do you do that if they stay put you give them a doggy biscuit. One more thing before I get of my stool I don’t care if people don’t like me I say what I want and do as I please if you do not like me I do not lose my business but you on the other hand should start thinking about your business before you go pissing people off and thinking everyone has to like me because I’m V8 Archie. Well sad to say I met a teen during Thanksgiving that did not know who Van Halen was ,now that is sad.

Yes, just as I expected. A bunch of insults & no answers.

This is just another one of your lies there is not a gap between the glass and the seal it is against the glass as it should be I just wish that one of the people that have seen the glass in the car would speak up and let Archie know this is not true and he is full of $hit I just went outside in the rain to take a picture. Archie you are really a piece of crap and I'm getting really tiered of your lies and I hope everyone else will see this and let you know you are full of it too.

You aren't gonna cry are you?

You've been insulting me eversince you started these threads & I let you go for quite a while. But that's not going to happen anymore. In an earlier post I had already warned my chop top customers that I didn't think your 4" chop windows were going to fit a 3" chop. I was satisfied that they had been warned & I quit posting to this thread. Then you gotta come back & call more names & throw more insults so I come back to show that the template isn't as close as you claim when you said ".......but I can say that this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$".

Well it isn't as close as "a nats a$$", but I didn't call you a liar. I just think you're wrong. I think that the engineering that claims "... this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$" is just as wrong as the engineering that started out to do a 3" chop & ended up with a 4" chop.

No insults, no name calling, I just think you're wrong. You are the one who looks like a fool when you go to insults instead of answering what that paper will look like when it's lined up like it was drawn.

Now, if you want to throw some more insults I'll be back. Otherwise I've said my piece.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-28-2005).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

You aren't gonna cry are you?

You've been insulting me eversince you started these threads & I let you go for quite a while. But that's not going to happen anymore. In an earlier post I had already warned my chop top customers that I didn't think your 4" chop windows were going to fit a 3" chop. I was satisfied that they had been warned & I quit posting to this thread. Then you gotta come back & call more names & throw more insults so I come back to show that the template isn't as close as you claim when you said ".......but I can say that this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$".

Well it isn't as close as "a nats a$$", but I didn't call you a liar. I just think you're wrong. I think that the engineering that claims "... this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$" is just as wrong as the engineering that started out to do a 3" chop & ended up with a 4" chop.

No insults, no name calling, I just think you're wrong. You are the one who looks like a fool when you go to insults instead of answering what that paper will look like when it's lined up like it was drawn.

Now, if you want to throw some more insults I'll be back. Otherwise I've said my piece.

Archie

Archie it was pointed out to me that the picture you posted of your perfect fit has the door cracked open and after looking they are right it is. You staged it to make it look like something it is not. The only person crying is you because you have backed yourself in a corner and can not go forward. Every time you lie or stage a picture you get busted. I do not understand how I have not answered you. You lie and I bust you on it. You keep harping about how I said my chop is a 4" chop and now it is a three. I have already explained when I first did it I thought it ended up being a 4" chop because the back window ended up being 4" less than the OEM. The funny thing is the more you complain the more people PM me wanting windows. You say I insult you but all I have done is point out your lies. I am not the first you have done this to in this post you show how you are when you jump Madcurl about talking to a glass company.

( This is going to get difficult, If Brian is going to communicate thru you to talk to me. He has my 800 number, my FAX number, My Cell number, My home number & my address. And he communicates thru you to get to me. I hope he sends the bill thru you too.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll hear from them by Monday or so.

Archie)

You can tell from that statement if he had pursued it you would get even more defensive all I saw was him trying to help when I read it. All you have done is lie to your costumers about this from the start and need to stop. As long as you continue to lie to people ; Poeple will continue to correct you.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie it was pointed out to me that the picture you posted of your perfect fit has the door cracked open and after looking they are right it is. You staged it to make it look like something it is not. The only person crying is you because you have backed yourself in a corner and can not go forward. Every time you lie or stage a picture you get busted.

Wow, even a simple error is now a conspiracy of lies to discredit you. You're kinda getting crazy on us now. Actually it was not a staged picture, I just didn't notice the door wasn't closed all the way. That's why the window didn't hit the rubber seal up at the top correctly. I looked at 3 other pics I took at the same time & the door was ajar.

Here's a couple of pics I took today & they speak for themselves.

Every time you lie or stage a picture you get busted. I do not understand how I have not answered you. You lie and I bust you on it.

Actually you are the one who is lying & staging pictures then you tell people that the paper drawing is a match to a knats a$$. When in reality this picture is a staged picture & you lied about it.

I got a call today from the guy who made the paper drawing, he put the blank paper down behind the dew wipe when he traced that pattern. He confirmed that the black line at the bottom of the template was traced from the top edge of the dew wipe & you knew that. If you bring the template up to where the black line is at the top of the dew wipe it's not going to fit "o a nats a$$.". That means that you LIED when you said " can say that this one is the same as mine to a nats a$$." You've avoided answering my previous questions about that picture because you knew you had staged that picture & that you had lied about it. It looks like you're the one getting busted on lies. As I've said all along, the side window shape between a 3" chop & a 4" chop is not the same. If you hadn't lied & staged the position of the template, you would have confirmed what I've been saying all along

I am not the first you have done this to in this post you show how you are when you jump Madcurl about talking to a glass company.

Well Curley & I talk about once a week & we get along just fine. We usually talk about chop tops & then get a few laughs out of whatever is going on with PFF. In fact he called me today. We talked about his next chop top. Also He had just seen your post where you now are trying to get him dragged into this thread & he didn't appreciate it. Other than him not liking you trying to drag him into this thread, we did get a bunch of laughs out of the rest of it.

Archie

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I hate threads like this... When people fight over the internet, especially on something as stupid as this. I have read everything, and I do believe I understand it all. At first Archie did come on strong, but he did have a valid reason to... I did read the other thread you made, so I do have some background on this argument. I must say however, F355 you are being a tad bit harsh towards Archie.. I know it doesn't help when both people are trying to find faults in eachothers work, but this really does need to stop. Archie agreed that he would leave the thread if you stopped mentioning him. So please do so. Then if he comes back and says something, then we know that he was the one picking the arguement. But as of now, you seem like the one causing the trouble.

Just my .02c.

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

One more thing before I get of my stool I don’t care if people don’t like me I say what I want and do as I please if you do not like me I do not lose my business

You just lost mine, please take my nane off of your list.

I’m going to have to side with Archie on this one. I think you are the one who has the attitude. You are a very talented and resourceful man. Both of the cars I have seen pictures of look great. You were the first homebuilt choptop owner to get any windows, let alone Glass windows. I’m glad you can provide windows for the do it your self guys, but I don’t think they will fit my car or any other Archie chop.

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
I really hate to see threads end up like this. There are two very talented people here that each have valid reasons to disagree with each other's designs. I hate to see pride get in the way of the Fiero community. You have both done lots of work to solve the same problems in different manners. Doesn't make either one of you wrong. I wish I could have seen both windows together, laid on top of one another to show both the curvature and the profile differences. It would have been nice if you guys could have worked together. Maybe loan a window to Archie for him to try in his next chop & refine the design if possible. Guess that's too much to ask. Not trying to slam either one of you, just wish that it could have worked out differently. Too bad, the world will probably never know.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
well, i would be happy to bring a set down to Archie's shop if he wants. if it works out at a later date maybe you guys can work something out. it doesn't seem realistic to me to pay the tooling costs to change dimensions a half inch. that space could be found in other areas.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2005 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I agree with alot of things that 355 has said about Archie. If you go back in the Archives and read thru a few of them, you will see Archie takes offence to anyone trying to better anything he has done. I have seen it in many Threads and continue to see it with newer Threads. Archie cant stand the fact that someone is trying to improve on what he has done. It has been proven time and time again in every V-8 adaptor plate Thread that someone has started. There is always attitude in his post in Threads that have anything to do with bettering what he has already done. This is just how I have percieved what I have read here on PFF and from what little I have heard from others.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
I agree this has gone too left field. The funny thing was I wanted a Chop Top and did not want plastic windows so I had glass ones made for it. I mention that they were not a perfect fit was honest in all my post about them and showed what I had to do to make them work but they do look good they do roll up and down and they do not leak. I wanted a spare set and knew others would like to have them also so I thought I would get a group buy to help others get glass windows. I said over and over I did not know how they would work in your car but it was worth it to me and might be to others. I can get them through a group buy at a good price. I even stated that this was going to be a one time deal. I am going to a lot of trouble to help others and I get bash for it I have to build boxes to ship them in and make sure they are shipped and I am not charging any thing for this I just wanted to help because I new it was for one time and not going to happen again. I have to wake up to defend myself every day now and yes if some one post a picture and say you have a mail slot big enough to fit a Summit mag in and you know this is not true you are going to reply and prove it to be a wrong statement. If some one makes statements about you that are not the truth you feel the need to defend yourself. I think every one has forgotten this was done to help others and not to line my pocket with cash. The sad thing is how few people here see how one person has become a cancer eating at this forum trying to stop good things from happening. I blame myself I should have known better and just enjoyed my windows in my car and not tried to help. I still think this picture tells it all but for some reason was not used.

I wonder why. The picture that has been used was just stuck up there and you can see the wind moved it as I stood back to take the picture but that is OK and every one can believe who they want and that is there right but I am the one that does not have an agenda here I just made the mistake of wanting to help. I also do not understand why I should not be able to say Archies name or to say he uses plastic windows. Is it really that bad here that you cannot tell the truth without getting bashed and can others tell lies and not have to explain why. I agree with the member that said the windows should have been put in one of Archie's chop before it was said they will not work and that is why it has gotten to this because he does not want this to happen because there is more of a chance they will than not. Let me make sure I understand are people here telling me I cannot mention Archie in my post? Are people here saying if he makes and untrue statement I cannot correct him? Are you saying I do not have the right to freedom of speech or the right to defend myself when accused wrongly?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I've been around helping fiero owners for about 8 years (only 2 on pennocks) and usually stay out of Archie's way because any small disagreement has turned into a flaim fest (like the hot air intake excuse for those familiar with it) but in this case I step in simply because whats going on isn't right. F355 has done nothing wrong - has portrayed everything honestly and has had his honor and integrity brought into question simply for stepping on Archies toes..

Its incidents like these that drive many of the truly helpful fulks away from the fiero community - F355 already has his windows - he doesn't need to help anyone else get any. I'm amazed he hasn't just walked away.

[disclaimer] This is only an opinion, based on talking to many of his customers and reading his posts over the years - its the main reason i turned away from the sbc as ever being an option for any of my cars and never recommend it to anyone i consider a friend [/disclaimer]

Archie is the only person on this forum that gets special treatment - the only one that can start a **** fight and come out smelling like roses

mostly because his customers are afraid to piss him off and have him stop supporting his product that he sold them..

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 11-29-2005).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
So has anyone received their glass windows? Have they installed them? Could they post some pictures? How good do they work? The proof is in the pudding. People shouting at each other doesn't prove a thing. Let's see what others who have them and have installed them really think about them. They are the ones who can really say if they work for them or not.
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

mostly because his customers are afraid to piss him off and have him stop supporting his product that he sold them..

Yeah, this is the first thing I do after buying something I know nothing about! Call the guy that sold it to me and " piss him off "
I wish everyone could enjoy the thrill of owning a V-8 Fiero.
Sorry for interupting your post.
Back to normal programming.
Thanks Gary

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

I still think this picture tells it all but for some reason was not used.

I would like to see this picture from the other side ...Glass in front , template in back.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 11-29-2005).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
why do you need to see it from the other side if you aren't getting any windows? the other problem is nobody has installed them because they haven't been made. by the time they are made it will be too late for Archie's customers to get in on it because they will already be made. in my opinion, i think they will fit archie's chops fine. if anyone cares to look, you can read about how mike had to lower the windows to make them fit. you can see on the template that Archie's chops are taller so they may actually fit his chops better that Mikes'. it is only $167 per window. not much of a gamble if you ask me.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

why do you need to see it from the other side if you aren't getting any windows?

I would like to see the other side because F355 said "I still think this picture tells it all but for some reason was not used". All I can see is my template ..........I would like to see what the glass looks like with the template behind it.
I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time, Like I said earlier I give F335 allot of credit for what he has accomplished, and his willingness to help the chop it yourself guys get side windows.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2005 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I would like to see the other side because F355 said "I still think this picture tells it all but for some reason was not used". All I can see is my template ..........I would like to see what the glass looks like with the template behind it.
I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time, Like I said earlier I give F335 allot of credit for what he has accomplished, and his willingness to help the chop it yourself guys get side windows.

For the last time I am tiered of all the F**** S**** you bailed out so get out. I had glass DOT approved windows made for my chop top YES I had them made for my car I paid all the big bucks to get them done I DID it Yes it is done and they have been in my car for a long time and I love them. I had a very stupid thought that I would or could maybe help others. I was honest and showed every detail and never tried to force any thing on anyone; I offered. I was wildly attacked for trying to help others and lies were told to degrade my car and the windows but that is OK but offering to try to help people is wrong. Funny thing is that template you sent me was perfect to the angle of the window you can see the window edge behind the template. It is so close it is hard to see it but you can see it. You lost out big time by jumping on the bash the Mutt bandwagon. Personally I do not care because as said before I have my windows. I cannot believe what has happened and how twisted this got and one person got away with it as always. Every time a lie was told I proved it wrong and the more I prove the lies to be wrong the more I get bashed well I will never go out of my way to help any one here like this again. I will continue to let people know how to do things them self and if I find away to save someone money I will do it but to go out on a limb to get it cut out from under me will never happen again. I might have a bad attitude and I have been called a lot of names and 90% of the time I'm an A$$ but I am honest and if you can find one lie I told I will say I'm sorry but if it is true then I have the right to say it no matter who it ticks off and that is just me and I said it before if you like me that is OK if you don’t that is OK and my life will not stop because of it. I do not and will not keep quiet and let some one make people think there way by fooling them and taking advantage of their trust. The money has started coming in for the order as I get the pmts I PM the person and when done I will place the order and that is it. It is done so it is time to stop this crap and the ones that ordered their glass windows will have them and that is it; done deal. So please if you are not in on this group buy please stop asking me to explain the windows or myself.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock