Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So Reality, "Where is your car?" ! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
So Reality, "Where is your car?" ! by Reality
Started on: 07-28-2003 07:07 PM
Replies: 140
Last post by: Reality on 07-02-2006 07:14 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

You know something, I was thinking about this idea of a fastback rearend with a notchie style trailing edge.....And...Well did you ever consider that modifying a notchie decklid would be much more easier or did you go with the idea that the raised look and the small curve to the vents was too cool to pass up??? To modify the notchie decklid wouldn't you have to just cut off the back end and mod from there?? Even with the notchie decklid you could still mod in the gt vents....The more I think about it the more it would be easier to do this than with a gt decklid...But, I've never modded a fiero before, and am sure you've thought this through....Was curious as to what you might think about this...

edit: COOL my "first" paged owned!!

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 10-08-2004).]

IP: Logged
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
would be easier to mod a gt declid to use notchy vents than to mod a notchy decklid to be long enough for the fastback taillights
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

And your rite on the money...Just not the ? I was asking though...Reality modded a gt decklid to work with the notchy trailing edge, if you look at the pic there was a lot of what I think more difficult areas to work with...The sides of the decklid and up to the vents were all modded...Now what I am saying is take a notchy decklid, cut off say 2 inches or so and then place it on the frame with the gt rearend...You could mod the notchy lid to work with gt vents or stay stock notchie...Of course you have the task of modding the back end of the notchie decklid, which in what I am thinking would be pretty much a straight line back to the rear panel.....Yes??

Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
The only thing modified on my car is the clip. The decklid and th events are factory. The reason I did this is the height difference between a notchback compared to a fastback. The problem you run into is that the fastback decklid and vents including the clip sit and inch higher compared to a notchback. I basically took a fastback and grafted a notchback roofline to it. And yes I did all this because I felt it was best way. Dosen't mean that this is true just means that is what I concluded was the best solution.
Thanks for showing interest.
Take care,
Anthony
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
so I think this is the third Fiero that I've ever seen with GT tlmps and notch roofline? That'll set ya apart!

I think it was seeing this thread that probably prompted me to dig my car out of the garage for the first time this summer (and its really fall now )

[This message has been edited by JD86GT350 (edited 10-10-2004).]

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JD86GT350:

so I think this is the third Fiero that I've ever seen with GT tlmps and notch roofline? That'll set ya apart!

I think it was seeing this thread that probably prompted me to dig my car out of the garage for the first time this summer (and its really fall now )

Yeah i was kind of thinking along those lines. It was probably going to the shows and seeing hundreds of different fieros, but basically all of those cars looked the same in one way of another. I wanted something that was different but wasn't a complete rebody. Hopefully when the car gets done it is different enough to set me apart but not goofy looking either. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't expect everyone ot like my car, but I don't feel I am wrong in asking people to respect the effort that was put forth in bringing the car about. Okay well I don't even know what I am rambleing about anymore so I'll take off at this point.

Anthony

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I had no idea the fastback decklid sat higher....my bad...

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Are there any newer pics we could see..???

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
So will you be bringing it to Daytona?? Hope so - it's looking really good

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
No nothing new to show the car made its way to my driveway at my home now so maybe when better weather comes around I will get to working on it. I did get my brake upgrade kit basically ready to go as well as I recieved some new quarter panels from Sage for christmas.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
*bump*

Can't let this thread go to the archives yet.

PFF
System Bot
Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2005 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Hey I counted on you being at Norwalk Aug 6&7 Boy oh Boy. You better be there next year ok hahahaha. Nice job so far. Rick B

------------------
President of Cleveland Fieros
www.clevelandfieros.com

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
You know I think life works in oh so funny ways. I actually arranged for the next couple days off of work so that I could work on the car in hope of being able to get it running soon. I know I am not going to be able to actually drive it but I am hopeing to get everything pretty well tied up so that I can get back to working on the comestics. So check back here in the next coupel of days for some updates I might actually have something to report.

Thanks for showing interest,
Take care,
Anthony

------------------

Have you got your Auto-Art yet?

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Whatever happened with this project??? If you finished or not, can we see some pics??

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Personally, I'd chop the top-- keep the sunroof, and install sucuide doors like the stinger car Archie made.
It really is a nice car. any pics or updates?
S.WIlliams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Personally, I'd chop the top-- keep the sunroof, and install sucuide doors like the stinger car Archie made.
It really is a nice car. any pics or updates?
S.WIlliams

Umm . . . No The car is suppose to become a daily driver when it is done, and I've found that any major structual change like these just end up becoming an annoyance when you have to deal with them day after day.

As for the car no it is still not done boy do I wish it was. I was actually thinking about selling it at this point but I know I will never see out of it what I have in it so it's not worth my time to get rid of it. So hopefully sometime I will get aroud to finisihing it. Basically I just don't have anywhere to work on it. I'm suprised my city officials haven't been see me yet since it is jacked up in my driveway and my home is located in a historic district. They have weird restrictions about what you can have on the outside of your house.

OKay you guys take care and hopefully I'll be around at somepoint,
Anthony

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:
I'm suprised my city officials haven't been see me yet since it is jacked up in my driveway and my home is located in a historic district. They have weird restrictions about what you can have on the outside of your house.
Anthony

If I were you, I would put it under a car cover. It might help. I have six parts cars on my back lawn but I try to keep them all covered. We're not allowed to have unregistered vehicles here but I'm far enough out in the country that all I really worry about is the neighbors.

Looking good, sorry it's taking so long.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2005 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Reality. Where are you? Updates? Yada, yada, yada?
------------------

Have you got your Auto-Art yet?
------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-04-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Reality. Where are you? Updates? Yada, yada, yada?

Uhh....updates please.

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Anthony

How about some updates

Later

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered with 3800 s/cSigniture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE!!

Well lets see I just got back from my honeymoon so I guess we can all surmise that I got married which to most means that my life is over :P I have actually been thinking about my lil project here a lot lately. Unfourtnatly I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to have the time ti finish this nor do I have the place to even attempt it. So unless someone is willing to come get the car from me and get it driveable for me I think I am going to have to sell it. I'll have to think about it some more, but I could really use some cash right now and this thing is sitting in my driveway not going anywhere.
Sorry for the bad news,
Anthony

Originally posted by Dragon:

Anthony

How about some updates

Later

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)