Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So Reality, "Where is your car?" ! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
So Reality, "Where is your car?" ! by Reality
Started on: 07-28-2003 07:07 PM
Replies: 140
Last post by: Reality on 07-02-2006 07:14 PM
Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
okay now for some updates:

Well with the weather and work I haven't been able to touch the car in a good bit. But I did manage to finish up the front fenders, while being indoors. I have also been slowly purchaseing items that are needed.

The somewhat finished Drivers' side fender

And an OEM clutchline from FieroDave

I also picked up an OEM 88 exhaust crossover pipe. Hope to get this project wrapped up shortly as soon as the weather breaks.
Thanks for looking,
Anthony

------------------

Get the Wallpapers here! and Get the T-Shirts here!

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 02-01-2004).]

IP: Logged
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an update Anthony!

--Will

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Bump for an update Anthony!

--Will

This is about the only thing that is in the works right now still waiting for winter to clear up. I would say that after I get back from Daytona I will be able to work on the car. So here you go the new quarter panel scoops that will be going on the car.

naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:

This is about the only thing that is in the works right now still waiting for winter to clear up. I would say that after I get back from Daytona I will be able to work on the car. So here you go the new quarter panel scoops that will be going on the car.

Very nice scoop!! Can't wait for the winter to go away (of course, as I say that, its snowing outside)

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
You never emailed me back about the taillights, Ive got two decent taillights, no cracks, but they have delam,
Id prefer to work out a trade for them, but im open to offers, I can try to get some pictures, but my digi cam isnt working that great right now.

matthew

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
I love that side scoop. I've spent about 15 hours on my side scoops (still under conctruction) and now all I want to do is throw them any and get a set like that. You're ruining my motivation. Shame on you. That's gonna be one nice looking ride.

------------------
Caleb Sarty

Black '84 SE 4 speed undergoing modification https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/038150.html

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84se-Stock:

I love that side scoop. I've spent about 15 hours on my side scoops (still under conctruction) and now all I want to do is throw them any and get a set like that. You're ruining my motivation. Shame on you. That's gonna be one nice looking ride.

Okay shameless plug but these scoops are available for purchase just have to contact Doug at Fierowarehouse.com and tell him you want a set of IMSA Quarter Panel scoops without ribs.

Thanks to everyone for the comments I appriciate you guys takeing the time to express yourselves.
Have a great day,
Anthony

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Reality

1026 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

You never emailed me back about the taillights, Ive got two decent taillights, no cracks, but they have delam,
Id prefer to work out a trade for them, but im open to offers, I can try to get some pictures, but my digi cam isnt working that great right now.

matthew

Actually I did email you back aked you to take some pictures and send them to me. But I never heard from you, so I went a different route and no longer need a set of taillights. Thanks anyway though.
Take care,
Anthony

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Okay shameless plug but these scoops are available for purchase just have to contact Doug at Fierowarehouse.com and tell him you want a set of IMSA Quarter Panel scoops without ribs.

Thanks to everyone for the comments I appriciate you guys takeing the time to express yourselves.
Have a great day,
Anthony

yeah yeah i'm trying too.. e-mail and messages, tell him to call me if he hasn't heard from me yet. and don't forget to remind your dad about my lil project too

------------------

3.4 DOHC Turbo swap in progress

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 02-24-2004).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

------------------
"As we live on, we lose a little bit more. Shrouded in falsehoods and lies, we stand frozen to the spot, unable to cry out" - Deep Forest

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I do beleive it is colder now than it was all winter I will probably get to do something the week after I get back from Daytona because I will still be on vacation just depends on what is going on at the shop.
PFF
System Bot
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
sweet.. really looking forward to new pics. AWESOME looking car.
88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
That isan awesome idea. And it looks like you are the first person to do it. Great job!

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula

I miss my '88 Formula.

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Okay I was at the Fiero Factory Swap Meet over weekend and picked-up some of the last parts that I needed (that I know of) So hope I will be getting back to work on this thing real soon. Like maybe this friday well at leadt thats the plan. I was also thinking about the paint and hopefully I will do up a new signature file and show how i might be doing this car. Just wanted to bring this back to the top and to give a small update.
Take care,
Anthony

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Reality....You da man!!!! Any updates, itz been awhile....For quite some time I have been building complete cars in my head, I mean seriously complete.( I do this cuz I am in school still)...The gt rear fascia with notchy lines is the next idea for my new car. Once I can use photoshop I'll start posting pics of these....hehe... One thing though, how much of a mod would it be to add the lower gt rear fascia, what do you think? I know there isn't much of a difference, well I am askin cuz it concerns my newest mod, which won't be the gt rear fascia, but very similiar......

Are the tailights really that much higher on a gt than a notchy that you HAVE to use the gt decklid??? I just can't picture the height diff..lol....

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all,

Reality....You da man!!!! Any updates, itz been awhile....For quite some time I have been building complete cars in my head, I mean seriously complete.( I do this cuz I am in school still)...The gt rear fascia with notchy lines is the next idea for my new car. Once I can use photoshop I'll start posting pics of these....hehe... One thing though, how much of a mod would it be to add the lower gt rear fascia, what do you think? I know there isn't much of a difference, well I am askin cuz it concerns my newest mod, which won't be the gt rear fascia, but very similiar......

Are the tailights really that much higher on a gt than a notchy that you HAVE to use the gt decklid??? I just can't picture the height diff..lol....

It isn't that much of a deal add the gt bumpers and I do have access to some if I want them. But I really like the coupe's lines and I didn't want to change that. As for the decklid and the taillights there isn't that much of a difference that you couldn't use the notchy decklid there have been a few that have. I just wanted to be the different. I thought it would be neat to use mostly stock parts that weren't modified besides the clip of course. As for an update I worked ont he car the other day but nothing of note. I have since found out that I am going to have to replace the brake line that runs from the front of the car to the rear. Somehow either it rusted out or I pinched it when putting the engine in cause it leaked fluid all over the ground So if anyone has a spare let me know!

Thanks for looking,
Anthony

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
bump
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
bump
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DotTC:

bump

OKay OKay here are some quick pictures of what has been going on:

Hopefully I will have some more to post by this time next week
Take care,
Anthony

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
Im glad this came to the top. I wish you had more time to work on it, I love the progress so far and cant wait to see it near done.
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Okay what I did today:

Removed upper intake so I could removed the coolant lines fromt he throttle body. I also reworked the throttle cable bracket by removeing the the monts for the the cruise control cable and automatic tranny cable. Since I removed the coolant lines from the throttle body I had to add a new coolant line to connect the two lines that come out of the thermostat houseing. I also removed the cruise control system and all corrosponding vacum lines. Furthermore I made new positive and negative battery cables. This all resulted because I moved the battery to the front compartment useing the relocation tray available from Norm's Fiberglass. Although it dosen't seem to me that this tray was made with an 88 car in mind. I ended up makeing it work. I also installed a circuit breaker up front next to where the battery would go.

Other than the aboved listed the only other thing I did today was to remount the clip on the space frame so that final adjustments could be planned to the fiberglass. And this is what we have pictures of today:

Enjoy and take care,
Anthony

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Very nice work, everything looks like its coming along nicely. It will be one of a kind.
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
that's gonna be a nice tail
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
Anthony, that is looking GREAT..
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Okay since some are actually reading this I will try to put something to a vote.

I am toying with the idea of removeing the moonroof and putting a hardtop pn.
Please let me know what you guys think, should it have a moonroof or a solid top?

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 10-04-2004).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
i would keep the sunroof it was mine.
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

Hi all,

This one gets my vote too.......

DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Gotta agree with the KK ..

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links - WebShop

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
Do what makes you happy.

on another note, cant you make a fiberglass fillerpanel that fits in the hole of the sunroof glass and make your car look like a hardtop?

matthew

DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Do what makes you happy.

on another note, cant you make a fiberglass fillerpanel that fits in the hole of the sunroof glass and make your car look like a hardtop?

matthew

Also say that is a good idea. These filler panels could made and sold as well

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Do what makes you happy.

matthew

just get another sunroof and etch and paint it and keep it up front and swap them back and forth for whatever mood your in..

PFF
System Bot
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Yes I had thought of just painting the moonroof, which is not a problem. Actually I love haveing the moonroof, I mean who wouldn't like being able to convert their car to open roof in a matter of seconds. The reason I don't like the thing is that I have never seen one of these cars that had a moonroof that the paint didn't crack and chip around the edges. Especially here in the north. Not to mention the fact that my original roof panel is cracked on the A pillars from where the car had been wrecked. And since these cars are meant to flex everytime it gets fixed I have to take the panel off and glass the backside of it.

Oh well keep the votes comeing I think to see peopels input. You know makes me feel like I might matter if people are reading my thread

Anthony

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Oh well keep the votes comeing I think to see peopels input. You know makes me feel like I might matter if people are reading my thread
Anthony

well let me give it a lil bump

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
I'd say keep the sunroof. At very least, make a solid panel that you can remove if you get the urge to (ie: fiberglass replacement panel, or paint the sunroof itself).

But that's just my opinion

The rest of the work is looking good so far

Nick

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
It's looking really good so far! Is the fiberglass work completely done on the rear clip now? Oh, and I vote to keep the moonroof. I do agree that a painted one would look good. Flashy painted his roof on his yellow GT, and it looks really good. If I had a spare moonroof glass, I would try that.

------------------
86 SE 4 spd - 86 GT auto - 86 SE auto
oh yeah, and the 85 coupe parts car

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Okay well I finished up most of the wiring yesterday. Okay I finished up all of the wiring that I know of! I have a couple more things to buy today and then maybe by the end of tomorrow I might be able to try and turn the engine over, I hope. Thanks for all the opinions, like I said before I am still undecided on what to do here. I had pretty much decided to switch to a solid roof before this and is really the way I wanted to go. I had even sold my wind deflector in anticipation of it So if anyone has a spare wind deflector to send me then I guess I will keep the moonroof and just paint it.

Anyone?

The fiberglass is done to a point. I am trying to work a system out to get the car into my house so I can work on it without driving out to shop. Sage asked me yesterday what I was going to do about finishing the glasswork if i brought it into town. So I'll say the samething I told him, "When I can drive the car back out to the shop then I will worry about makeing it look pretty." I think that is only fair enough. ALso I would like to put out there that I can't take credit for the glasswork that got down. Sage did most of it on the side and I must say it looks great. He still wants to do more cause it dosen't meet his standards but the tail on this car looks awesome and it is all thanks to him and his abilities.

Thanks Sage!

Take care,
Anthony

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 10-06-2004).]

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
I'd keep the sunroof if it was me...but you're not me
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Sage!

Take care,
Anthony

Thanks DAD would be better don't you think ?? Well you might not have the talent your dad does in glass work but you more than make up for it with you abilities in art.

To anyone that hasn't seen it i'm sure Tony will through up the link to it.. just awesome

edit: besides i like father & son projects, keep up the good work..

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 10-07-2004).]

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Thanks DAD would be better don't you think ?? Well you might not have the talent your dad does in glass work but you more than make up for it with you abilities in art.

To anyone that hasn't seen it i'm sure Tony will through up the link to it.. just awesome

edit: besides i like father & son projects, keep up the good work..

Oh I suppose I could post my signature one more time. But don't count dad out of the art race, he is a talented one as well. His fiberglass skills had to come from somewhere! If I get really bored Kameo I think I should take a picture of the pencil drawing I was working on last time you were down and post it Think anyone will appriciate it?

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 10-07-2004).]

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Reality

1026 posts
Member since Nov 1999
oops here is the signature . . .

------------------

Have you got your Auto-Art yet?

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 10-07-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C